Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping AMV Hell Alive... (Through You) [Updated 04/17/2017 AMVRIP + AMVRIP 2 Remix]

Default Keeping AMV Hell Alive... (Through You) [Updated 04/17/2017 AMVRIP + AMVRIP 2 Remix]

"But if you support the idea of AMV Hell--if its something important to you, it will still live on... through you." - Zarxrax
    For those who felt disappointed while reading through "The Future of AMV Hell", this was the closing line that left a glimmer of hope for the many longtime viewers and contributors of AMV Hell.
    If you've taken on starting an AMV Hell style project of your own, this thread is for you. You can post a link in this thread or pm me directly. I'll keep a catalog of existing projects in this main post.
    Others can lend support to these projects by their viewership, or better yet, contributing as an editor.

AMV Hellspawn
    An AMV Hell style spin-off started by myself with help from SilentChaz and MADEVIL. We're now accepting entries, so consider being a contributor to our upcoming episode.
    For more info on contributing to AMV Hellspawn, visit here.
    Existing releases: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter, AMV Hellspawn 02 - Reloaded

AMVRIP
    You may remember them from the Clip Compilation Contest. If you enjoyed the first AMVRIP, then consider checking out their newest release "AMVRIP + AMVRIP 2 Remix".
    Existing releases: AMVRIP, AMVRIP + AMVRIP 2 Remix

The Curse Of The Idol
    An AMV Hell style project by purplepolecat.
    Existing releases: YouTube, A-M-V.org
    Last edited by LawRayLiet; 04-18-2017 at 04:17 AM.
    AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter
    AMV Hellspawn - Open For Submissions
    There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

We really appreciate your support by including us in this thread, Law. With two compilations being worked on separately, I think the content between them should do nicely with keeping our medium alive, as a hobby for some and as entertainment for others. You guys have our full support, as well and we hope that each Hellspawn episode continues to come together with good quality and humor.

It would be nice to see both projects really take off, and interesting to compare the two communities after such happens. I myself will try and be involved both ways.

Speaking of which, any plans to make your own forum if AMVRIP takes off, chickenscratch?

Quote Originally Posted by itschickenscratch View Post
    We really appreciate your support by including us in this thread, Law.
    We can both thank Zarx for offering up the front page in the first place.
    Last edited by LawRayLiet; 01-25-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter
    AMV Hellspawn - Open For Submissions
    There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    We can both thank Zarx for offering up the front page in the first place.
    That was nice of him.

Simultaneously though, I doubt he cares enough to say "lol, **** no". Then again he'd likely say still say yes if he did care enough, so long as he didn't feel like you would abuse it or something.

I think a plan for some sort of forum or anything of the type may come up later, depending on how we do with this sequel as well as if anyone else would be interested in the creation of one.

I figured you'd do something like this after things haven't really hit over there as much as you might've expected they would, Law.

Well, at least you're trying something more relatively overt now, let's see how it turns out. Best of luck.
    Last edited by milleniummaster18; 01-25-2016 at 11:18 PM.

I hope this all works out in the end.

Shh, no dreams. Only tears now.

Hey folks, been a fan here for a long time, first time posting in here.
    I want to say is that there's a good lot of videos out on youtube that follow the feel of amvhell.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwadxu0psM

Though it doesn't have the feel of community it's certainly something if, like me, you can't have enough of amvhell

I like the sentiment but you have some stiff competition in the youtube arena which would make these projects just poof into the ether since it doesn't properly carry the amv hell name. I would much rather see the name "AMV HELL" passed under new management than see community projects passed off as copycats to be the last gasp of air.

There's "stiff competition" in the youtube arena? Where?
    I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    There's "stiff competition" in the youtube arena? Where?
    I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.
    I think he was referring to the YT algorithm only showing popular projects with recognizable names, not to the quality of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Raolin Darkbane View Post
    I think he was referring to the YT algorithm only showing popular projects with recognizable names, not to the quality of the competition.
    correct, also to add this type content is oversaturated on youtube these days so the name helps immensely...
    Last edited by PudPuller; 08-09-2016 at 02:15 AM.

THINKS YALL!! I suck at computer stuff I don't think I could ever do stuff like these videos but I love yall that do they make my day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast