Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping AMV Hell Alive... (Through You) [Updated 04/17/2017 AMVRIP + AMVRIP 2 Remix]

What about AMV Hell HD?

Let's not kid ourselves here. There's no ****ing good competition in the entirety of YouTube. Sturgeon's Law applies to the net especially.

You just need to buckle up and make a good quality product, and be straightforward about it. If you've got mediocre creators, you're going to attract other mediocre creators, and you're going to get mediocre content. Basically, if you start getting lax with your standards of entry, you can't realistically expect for your **** to take off. This also applies if most of the content is created by the same people and you can't play hardball with your own work.

You could argue that it takes time to build a good community, but can you afford to do so now? After entirely throwing away what you had already? Who's going to trust you to not **** it up again? "No respectable person" is the answer, it takes a certain kind of person with some actual vision and leadership values to be able to inspire some confidence in a project.

You still got some chickens in the pen, you just need to learn how to round them up properly. Who knows? Maybe you get more quality meat in the long run that puts Pilgrim's Pride's to shame, but you've got to start thinking big. People aren't going to learn to love what they're doing if you just go ahead and chew the food for them and spit it in their mouths every time. They've got to have some sort of desire to learn, otherwise they're going to wither away with what little they know (and find out) about video editing. Copying and pasting things that worked in here without reflecting on how or why they did so isn't going to do you any favours either, since you're likely repeating the same mistakes that occurred there. Adapt and survive. Or do you really want to live on forever in "life support" mode, like Hell does at the moment? Hell, most communities don't have enough unproductive people to do that. Remember Blitz? Remember how they were fueled by hatred against AMV Hell? That didn't last either. Just goes to show how time washes away everything if people stay in one place doing nothing but bitch without reason.

The Org is dying because of similar reasons, and no amount of AMV Contests, studios, and "I tried" incentives is going to save them from what's coming next: a well deserved death by starvation. Just because their administrators didn't find it important to keep up with the times and keep the cogs moving. A damn shame, since that place has VERY good info and guides about the basics of audio and video. Something YouTube AMV makers in general could learn a thing or two about.

Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.
    Don't let the same happen to you, it hurts everyone more than it hurts you every time this kind of **** happens.

You're not seeing the point it's not about theory or law it's about not carrying the name, If you want to start a community project under a new name and website then have at it. It's not the same as "Amv Hell", either make it community operated or **** off being no better than gifs with sound.
    Last edited by PudPuller; 08-16-2016 at 05:39 AM.

I made a 5 minute Hell-style project, can it be added to the list?
    It's a finished project, not a work in progress.

The Curse Of The Idol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUVq8_yvTY
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...o.php?v=201778
    Last edited by purplepolecat; 12-05-2016 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepolecat View Post
    I made a 5 minute Hell-style project, can it be added to the list?
    It's a finished project, not a work in progress.

The Curse Of The Idol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUVq8_yvTY
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...o.php?v=201778
    Sure.
    AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter
    AMV Hellspawn - Open For Submissions
    There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

I've been working on a thing called Mashup Distortion World. It's not exclusively focused on anime (it's more of an anything-goes kind of thing), but it's otherwise very similar in concept. So far I've been making the clips myself, but some of them were suggested to me by other people.

Unfortunately, Sony Vegas absolutely hated the first one I tried to make so it's kind of a glitchfest (plus, I have limited bandwidth and sometimes can't afford to go looking for high quality videos for use in editing, or can't find them, which doesn't help). Sorry about that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipjiKgs-5M

Nova, there is a nifty little trick if you are using chrome (and if the strem video is up to snuff with your needs) that if you hit Ctrl+Shift+J before you load/run the video you can see the direct link to it.

If it doesn't help you, maybe it will help someone else.

None the less, does anyone know if people are still doing Hell like spinoffs? Kinda got an itch. (been YEARS)
    “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.”

Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by adracamas View Post
    Does anyone know if people are still doing Hell like spinoffs? Kinda got an itch. (been YEARS)
    Depends on what you are looking for, some have been talked about in this thread or in other posts on AMV Hell. Are you looking for something to view or contribute to, below are some that you might want to look into for either.

There is AMV Hellspawn - AMV HELLSPAWN

There is AMVRIP - AMVRIP 2 Announcement

And last but not least if you are a fan AMV Hell 0's then there is AMV.avi - AMV.avi

Anything new going around?

Seems like Robot Chicken AND AMVHell are both totally dead.

Read the post above yours, Tanis. That's all we got.

(Redacted)
    Last edited by hacksignify; 06-25-2017 at 07:05 PM.

^ this is (not) supposed to be in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName_studio View Post
    ^ this is (not) supposed to be in this thread.
    oh. sorry where should i have put it?

This thread is meant for current projects that are open for submissions. Your completed project should be in the AMV Self Promotion Thread

Yeah, tell that to purplepolecat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast