Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user registrations disabled

Default New user registrations disabled

As both this site, and the software that it runs on are are at the end of their life, I have decided to disable new user registrations at this time.
    The forum will remain active for currently registered users.

To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...

Wait, is the site coming to an end now?

Well he said at this time, so it's not an end yet but on the plus side it will be less trouble for Law and I having to clear the random garbage that still pops up. Small issue for those joining the game late but hopefully it's not a major issue, we all know the site doesn't have the traffic it once use to.

I for one am sad to see this happen but I understand why it needs to be done.

So as of meow, the site is limping... XD

Code:
    We don't compromise. You shouldn't either.
    	If guns kill people, then...
       -Pencils miss spel words.
      -Cars make people drive drunk.
    -Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Basically, my webhost recently upgraded the version of PHP that is running, and I suppose it must have exposed how poorly written a lot of the plugins that I am running were written, because the error logs exploded in size to the point of reaching several gigabytes within a couple weeks. I got to thinking about it, and realized that both vbulletin 4 and the plugins that I am running have not had updates in years at this point, so its eventually going to become a massive security hole. I was running a lot of plugins regarding spam and user registrations, and it looks like that was where a lot of the errors were coming from. So by disabling new user registration, I could also disable a ton of the plugins that I was running on the site. Both the chatbox and vbadvanced (which powers everything you see on the front page) are still throwing errors, but things are reasonably under control. At some point in the future I probably will stop the site as it currently exists, but maybe archive it in a read only form of some sort.
    The other option would be to migrate to some newer forum software, but honestly, that would require a huge time investment from me, and the site is pretty much dead, so there is really no point to it.

A shame...

Even in it's state me, and i'd hope others are still sentimental about it given all the work we put in amv making. Do what you feel you have to of course.

Ghosting this forum since forever. Sad to see this happen, but understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by N.P.C.C. View Post
    A shame...

Even in it's state me, and i'd hope others are still sentimental about it given all the work we put in amv making. Do what you feel you have to of course.
    I don't think sentimental value is really enough for Zarx to keep the site up.

Hell yeah. Kiss my ass, spambots. You can't reach me now!

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    I don't think sentimental value is really enough for Zarx to keep the site up.
    *Sigh*

Well, this does give me an idea.

AMV Hell 8: Save Us
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

AMV Hell 8:THE QUEST FOR MOAR LAUGHS

AND ****ED UP ANIME ****

Code:
    We don't compromise. You shouldn't either.
    	If guns kill people, then...
       -Pencils miss spel words.
      -Cars make people drive drunk.
    -Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast