Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Quality for Dummies

^ I'm in teh same boat as him...

http://www.buy.com/prod/sony-vegas-m...212810180.html

It really isn't that expensive, unless you go for the super-awesome-chocolaty-fudge-coated-premium version. :P

5 finger discount it online if need to be

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM...Im the Kool-Aid Man

PROBLEM. DX

I torrented a couple of anime episodes & a movie. When I convert it, it takes forever. Plus, the finished product runs really slow & has bad quality when I pull it up in Vegas. Is there anyway I can convert faster & convert without losing quality? (I use FormatFactory to convert.)
    Will create AMVs for money.

Use avisynth to convert it to a lossless avi

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlemuffins View Post
    I have to imagine a good chunk of people have gone ahead and used Windows Movie Maker. I looked into Sony Vegas and that software goes for around $200 and higher. I mean, I may be some unemployed jerkwad, but even if I did have some steady money I don't think I'd spend so much money on a software. I'm not trying to complain or anything, I'm just curious if maybe there's some kind of workaround of the problems using such a simple software as Windows Movie Maker would potentially cause or at least if there was a better free or cheaper software. This is my first time looking at something like this and I'm not so fast to catch on to these things otherwise either.

Sorry for the probably already-answered comment.

The pirate bay my friend. When people charge that much for crap being legitimate is one way to go broke. You could also buy a cheaper editing software but it's hard to find a good one. I had a copy of Cyberlink PowerDirector lying around so that's one of the one's I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    I'm so strung out on my custom mixture of rage, repetitive stress injury, and Sunny D, I have no idea who any of you are.
    11/16/2013 13:10 <Haar> SSG? Guts? What kind of plebian do you take me for? The most important opinion belongs to my penis.

Are you sure that you were looking up the correct type of video editor, Diddlemuffins? Naturally the version used by professional editors is going to be expensive but Sony Vegas Platinum, the 'Home Use' edition, is actually quite affordable. I picked up my copy from PC World for around ?60/$90, and it's very accessible and powerful - the only feature not represented in the Platinum version that I've ever needed is Masking, and that can easily worked around by using still images as frames and overlaying them on a new track. I've used it for nearly all of my AMV Hell clips and full AMVs alike, and it's scarcely given me a whisper of trouble.
    There was a young clerk who disagreed sharply with one of Curzon's memoranda. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
    -Sir Alan Lascelles

Avisynth looks too confusing to use. How does it work?
    Will create AMVs for money.

That's a lot you're asking, animemental, as it can be used for multiple procedures. Zarxrax has already posted a link to a comprehensive guide for video editing, including the use of AviSynth, back on his opening post. You should check that out.
    There was a young clerk who disagreed sharply with one of Curzon's memoranda. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
    -Sir Alan Lascelles

Regarding downloaded footage,
    one of the better choices for high quality anime torrents is http://www.bakabt.com/

It's a private tracker, you've got to register and seed or you won't be leeching for too long,
    but in exchange for that you can download everything at high speed.

There also more and more fansub-sites who offer direct downloads for their newer releases. Quite interesting alternative for people who dislikes torrent for whatever reasons. (older releases are pretty hard to get this way)
    Use something like anidb to find out which groups have subbed the anime you need and search there sites for direct downloads.

Know any other good Torrent websites?

I'm so strung out on my custom mixture of rage, repetitive stress injury, and Sunny D, I have no idea who any of you are.
    11/16/2013 13:10 <Haar> SSG? Guts? What kind of plebian do you take me for? The most important opinion belongs to my penis.

Uh, I hope this counts as advanced reference about where to get downloaded footage? xD

The ultimative website for torrents in general is probably Torrents.to.
    Type in your search terms, choose between one of the three best torrent sites at the time and hit Search.

Zarxrax already mentioned NyaaTorrents which is on par with BakaBT (which was BoxTorrents in the past in case someone wants to know).
    The big + for NyaaTorrents is the fact that they don't use a Blacklist like BakaBT.

In case you want one site for anything NyaaTorrents is the right choice,
    but I would still advice to use BakaBT for anything else.
    The interface is more user-friendly, the browse is more advanced and BakaBT is picky about what they offer and what not, so you're guaranteed to find the best choices without much sweat.

The third BIG anime torrent site I know about is AniRena, which isn't down as far as I know but can't be accessed by anyone also.
    In case it doesn't work for you maybe this will help, but don't get your hopes up too much.
    I you're a person whose brain gets unstable as soon as THA INTERNET is involed AND you can't access AniRena PLEASE do youself a favor and forget about it instantly.
    This story is all about proxys, ISP's, DNS and net neutrality. Certainly not a story for everybody.

I remember that Anime-HQ Tracker is pretty good, too. I don't know about right know though, because I haven't used it for months.

One last good way I know is
    to hit AniDB
    to search for an anime,
    to scroll down until you see the "Group Stats",
    to press the little "show all" at the bottom right,
    to choose a group (preferably one with good rating),
    to access their website and look for direct downloads, torrents OR
    to access their IRC if there's no website.

Note that using IRC for chatting is WAY different from using IRC for downloading.
    USE THIS, it's probably the most useful IRC download guide around. (and the only one I could listen to all day, anyone knows the song? xD)
    I left the IRC world long time ago in favor of private torrent trackers like BakaBT so basically the guide is all the information I can provide.

One last interesting information, people who're prefer direct downloads hosted on rapidshare , megaupload, netload and similiar.
    Use JDownloader for 120% Happiness.

Ok, now anyone should be somehow able to get their hands on high quality downloadable footage or in other words the anime of their choice.

Thx and bye. xD

Thanks for the info.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Um... Sorry to sound like an ignorant noob, I read everything on that guide and all, and I have just about everything but I'm having installation problems for the UTVideo Suite 9.0 and I don't know if I saved it in the wrong file or the registry link is not correct. please helpz...really needz helpz
    Last edited by blades34AK; 05-22-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Make it more clear

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast