Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Room

Okay let me explain further.
    I liked the animation of the original better.
    I liked the manga better for story.
    Brotherhood has appalled me by its focus on all the random jokes and the detraction from all that is epic.

Loyal knight to flamingbambi

I didn't care for either

I still haven't watched either O_o

I agree with Shib.

haven't watched it yet.

i think there both pretty good.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

There's one thing i can't get over in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The entire thing is about a couple of middle school girls... it really makes it difficult to take the show seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfranki View Post
    There's one thing i can't get over in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The entire thing is about a couple of middle school girls... it really makes it difficult to take the show seriously.
    Well, little girls help sells in Japan. If you add either little girls that are as smart as a child with down syndrome or a harem with lots of fan service, the show will sell a whole lot better.

What I can't get over is that people act like they haven't seen it before. Kamen Rider Ryuki practically did the same plot and pacing except better. My-Hime and Sailor Moon has done the whole "LOL darkness mahou shouju is serious business ;_;" before. Lain did the whole "erasing self from existence" thing before. It has all been done before except better.

You know what, Usagi drop is ****ing amazing.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Optimus Prime died for your sins

I am now no longer alone in my solitude. For I am now surrounded by the Furies, the goddesses of vengeance. In the darkness I awaited the dawn.And once dawn came I cursed my flesh until night fell once more.I even prayed I would loose my sanity but those prayers went unanswered. I even strove for death but the Devil's cold, pitiless hand held me back.

Very true (to backmask). And I would have to say that all the shows are the right are much better than the ones on the left. i guess plot and originality will always get beaten down by cutesy stuff.
    Last edited by stinkyfranki; 09-02-2011 at 09:55 PM.

actually I wouldn't say that all of the shows on the right were better than those on the left, don't forget that Madoka was really damn good and only managed to keep up the pretense of cutesy for about one or two episodes.

I am now no longer alone in my solitude. For I am now surrounded by the Furies, the goddesses of vengeance. In the darkness I awaited the dawn.And once dawn came I cursed my flesh until night fell once more.I even prayed I would loose my sanity but those prayers went unanswered. I even strove for death but the Devil's cold, pitiless hand held me back.

Star Driver- opinion: it was awesome, great story, great characters, epic ending. only problem i felt it had that it was too short
    psn:byakishk
    x-box live: Hero Shinku
    Don't believe in yourself - believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!

I think you might be overpraising Star Driver, though I agree it was awesome.

i just happy k-on is finally coming to the u.k
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

*BLEEP*, in the country of *BLEEP*, famous land of *BLEEP* and *BLEEP*

Heh... Just finished Bakemonogatari. Apart from the never-ending lines of dialogue and the snail-pace moving plot, I can't say I didn't enjoy it a lot. And, although there are barely two action scenes in the entire series (each of them barely going over three minutes and an entire fight that is decided only by a single roundhouse kick 10 seconds after the fight begun), when they finally get down to it, sh*t gets real for such a slow and dialogue based series....

Such as this "Mortal Kombat"-worthy finishing move

And although I personally can't see how Planetes got so low on that list, I'm surprised Bakemonogatari is at the top instead...
    Last edited by Distict5-9; 10-19-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast