Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What we call the news

Between Heaven and Hell but not on Earth or even Purgatory.

Post What we call the news

Just post any and all news stories you find here. Keep us young'ns updated on that world beyond our computers.
    Continuation from iPhone 4 Survives Deathly Fall

First off here is where the threads name came from;

Norway suspect deems killings atrocious but needed

SUNDVOLLEN, Norway (Reuters) - A suspected right-wing fanatic accused of killing at least 92 people deemed his acts "atrocious" yet "necessary" as Norway mourned victims of the nation's worst attacks since World War Two.

Police were hunting on Sunday to see if a possible second gunman took part in the shooting massacre and bomb attack on Friday that traumatized a normally peaceful Nordic country.

In his first comment via a lawyer since he was arrested, 32-year-old Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik expressed willingness to explain himself in court at a hearing likely to be held on Monday about extending protective custody.

"He has said that he believed the actions were atrocious, but that in his head they were necessary," lawyer Geir Lippestad told independent TV2 news.

Police said Breivik gave himself up after admitting to a massacre in which at least 85 people died, mostly young people attending a summer camp of the youth wing of Norway's ruling Labour Party on an idyllic island.

Breivik was also arrested for the bombing of Oslo's government district that killed seven people hours earlier. Norway's toughest sentence is 21 years in jail.
    Source
    Last edited by EvilestDeath; 01-25-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    ^_\\

Check this $#!% out!
    Gainaxxx (Not hentai)
    AMV.avi (Hentai)
    Follow me on Twittahhblahhhh @SirEvilestDeath

Britain's "Rehab" singer Amy Winehouse dies aged 27

(Reuters) - Amy Winehouse, one of the most talented singers of her generation whose hit song "Rehab" summed up her struggles with addiction, died in London on Saturday at the age of 27.

The Grammy winner, famed for her black beehive hair, soulful voice and erratic behavior on and off stage, was found dead at her new home in Camden a month after a shambolic performance in Serbia forced her to cancel her entire European tour.

Police were called to the address at around 1500 GMT and nearly five hours later the body was removed for a post mortem after it appeared she had lost her battle with drink and drugs.

"Inquiries continue into the circumstances of the death," said police superintendent Raj Kohli. "At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained and there have been no arrests in connection with the incident."

He said reports that Winehouse had died of a suspected drugs overdose were speculation at this stage.

Family members had long warned that Winehouse's lifestyle, which saw her in and out of rehab and blighted her career as a live and recording artist, could be her downfall.

Her last filmed performance was in Serbia in June, when Winehouse was jeered by the crowd as she struggled to perform her songs and stay upright. On some tunes, the audience did most of the singing.

The gig, posted on the YouTube video sharing site, prompted her management to cancel all scheduled performances and give the performer as long as it took to recover.

Winehouse's record label Universal said in a statement: "We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer. Our prayers go out to Amy's family, friends and fans at this difficult time."

Around 50 shocked fans and onlookers as well as camera crews and photographers gathered behind police tape blocking off the leafy street where Winehouse had just moved into a new house.

A few left flowers, candles and a teddy bear. One note of condolence read: "Beautiful Amy, night night, sleep tight."

Read more:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76M2DI20110723
    Last edited by Zetsubou-Chan; 07-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.

I farted

Sounds horrible

Aden
    Yemen map
    Continue reading the main story
    Yemen uprising

A car bomb blast has killed at least five Yemeni soldiers in the coastal city of Aden, officials say.

Several others were injured in the blast which hit as troops with supplies were preparing to leave for the nearby province of Abyan.

Officials said they were being sent to fight al-Qaeda linked militants.

Yemen has been plagued by political unrest for months, including clashes in the south between security forces and Islamist militants.

Aden, the strategic southern port city, has remained generally calm despite unrest in neighbouring southern provinces.

Opposition parties in Yemen have been trying to prevent the return of President Ali Abdullah Saleh from Saudi Arabia, where he has been recovering from wounds sustained in an attack on his presidential palace in June.

US and Yemeni officials have repeatedly expressed concern that al-Qaeda linked militants have been taking advantage of a power vacuum in Sanaa to expand their operations.

Protesters have been calling for the ousting of the veteran president in mass street protests since January.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

'Spider-Man' Villain Rhys Ifans Arrested for Battery at Comic-Con

"The Amazing Spider-Man" villain Rhys Ifans was arrested and cited for misdemeanor battery for shoving a female security guard before Friday night's Comic-Con panel for the film, police tell TheWrap.

Ifans, who smelled of alcohol, became irate when a member of his entourage was unable to enter the hall for lack of proper credentialing, police said. They said he shoved the guard in order to pass through, and was allowed to participate in the panel, but the guard subsequently made a citizen's arrest.
    Source
    Last edited by EvilestDeath; 07-24-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a source
    ^_\\

Check this $#!% out!
    Gainaxxx (Not hentai)
    AMV.avi (Hentai)

PSN: Simpleton216
    Xbox: Simpleton216
    Steam: Simpleton216
    *skip to 10:35
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KunF0Jwtl_Y#t=13m40s

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/small/000/119/265/tsa-****bear.jpg?1304316301[/IMG]

old news but kinda new to see any actual reporting on it.
    Master of raster I'm blasting your bits. I took out your zits and enlarged your tits. Master! Raster!

Anonymous: We Hacked NATO

Anonymous said Thursday morning that it had breached the databases of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and was sitting on about 1GB of data.

"Yes, #NATO was breached. And we have lots of restricted material. With some simple injection. In the next days, wait for interesting data," the group tweeted via the @AnonymousIRC feed.

The group said it "cannot" publish most of the data because that "would be irresponsible." This morning, it did post a link to a restricted NATO PDF, which Anonymous said related to the outsourcing of a communications and information system in Kosovo in 2008, but the doc crashed because of too many connections. Last night, it posted a 2007 document about a similar IT project in Afghanistan.

A NATO spokesman told the Telegraph that it is investigating the claims.

The move comes about two months after NATO called out Anonymous in a draft general report about information and national security. That report noted that "Anonymous is becoming more and more sophisticated and could potentially hack into sensitive government, military, and corporate files."

NATO pointed to Anonymous' February hack of HBGary Federal, which happened days after the firm's then-CEO Aaron Barr told the Financial Times that he knew and planned to expose the identities of leaders behind the Anonymous collective. The subsequent Anonymous attack resulted in the defacing of Barr's online networking profiles and exposure of 71,800 e-mails at AnonLeaks, prompting Barr's resignation.

"It remains to be seen how much time Anonymous has for pursuing such paths," NATO concluded. "The longer these attacks persist the more likely countermeasures will be developed, implemented, the groups will be infiltrated and perpetrators persecuted."

In response, Anonymous said NATO and HBGary Federal were corrupt. "If the government was doing nothing underhand or illegal, there would be nothing 'embarassing' about Wikileaks revelations, nor would there have been any scandal emanating from HBGary," Anonymous said at the time. "Our message is simple: do not lie to the people and you won't have to worry about your lies being exposed."

Anonymous also warned NATO not to "make the mistake of challenging Anonymous."

The organization apparently did not heed that warning in Anonymous' eyes. "Hi NATO. Yes we haz more of your delicious data. You wonder where from? No hints, your turn. You call it war; we laugh at your battleships," Anonymous tweeted later this morning.

This hack comes days after the FBI arrested 16 individuals with alleged links to Anonymous, specifically the cyber attack on PayPal in the wake of the Wikileaks document dump. In an interview with NPR, the FBI said the arrests were intended to send the message that "chaos on the Internet is unacceptable," which did not sit well with Anonymous.

In a separate statement, Anonymous accused the FBI of lying to Americans with fear-based tactics and conspiring with corporations and lobbyists.

"These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies," Anonymous said.

Anonymous maintained that officials cannot "arrest an idea."

You can take the Money you can take the pride, you can take it all but never get inside. You cant break me! No matter how much you try! You cant shake me down! I'm f****** bulletproof!!!!!

wells thats abit more interesting

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Quote Originally Posted by wafflegear View Post
    old news but kinda new to see any actual reporting on it.
    Oh please, its all been new news. (Less then a month = new) most of this is less then a week old, cept this one below was seconds new when reported.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodlover1987 View Post
    I farted
    ^_\\

Check this $#!% out!
    Gainaxxx (Not hentai)
    AMV.avi (Hentai)

xD

slo Shooter Anti-Muslim Christian Extremist

The death toll in Norway?s deadliest day of terrorism is up to 91. The man behind it, 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik, is a frequent poster of anti-Muslim screeds on Christian fundamentalist websites.

AP (?91 killed in Norway island massacre, capital blast?):

A Norwegian dressed as a police officer gunned down at least 84 people at an island youth retreat before being arrested, police said Saturday. Investigators are still searching the surrounding waters, where people fled the attack, which followed an explosion in nearby Oslo that killed seven.

The mass shootings are among the worst in history. With the blast outside the prime minister?s office, they formed the deadliest day of terror in Western Europe since the 2004 Madrid train bombings killed 191.

Police official Roger Andresen told reporters that the total death toll was now 91 and that a suspect was in custody being questioned for both assaults and is cooperating with the investigators.

Though police did not release his name, Norwegian national broadcaster NRK identified him as 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik and said police searched his Oslo apartment overnight. NRK and other Norwegian media posted pictures of the blond, blue-eyed Norwegian.

?He is clear on the point that he wants to explain himself,? Roger Andresen told reporters Saturday.

National police chief Sveinung Sponheim told NRK that the suspected gunman?s Internet postings ?suggest that he has some political traits directed toward the right, and anti-Muslim views, but whether that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen.?

Andersen said the suspect posted on websites with Christian fundamentalist tendencies. He did not describe the websites in any more details.

A police official said the suspect appears to have acted alone in both attacks, and that ?it seems like this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations at all.? The official spoke on condition of anonymity because that information had not been officially released by Norway?s police.

?It seems it?s not Islamic-terror related,? the official said. ?This seems like a madman?s work.?

Multiple reports say the police believe Breivik is ?linked? to the bombing as well as being the perpetrator of the shooting. ?The police have every reason to believe there is a connection between the explosions and what happened at Utoya,? the police said. Indeed, he appears to have used the bombing to set up the massacre: ?He travelled on the ferry boat from the mainland over to that little inland island posing as a police officer, saying he was there to do research in connection with the bomb blasts,? NRK journalist Ole Torp told the BBC.

While following and passing along bits of information on the breaking story yesterday on Twitter, I was taken to task by some for being too credulous and unwilling to definitively assert that al Qaeda or other Islamist terrorists were behind the attacks. As it turns out, I was actually too forward leaning in defending that as the obvious working assumption.

Breaking news and instant analysis are a bad combination. They?re also an occupational hazard of journalism and punditry.

I still recall the panicked speculation on the live coverage of the aftermath of the assassination attempt of President Reagan 30 years ago, including erroneous report?repeated on all three of the American broadcast networks?that White House press secretary James Brady had died from his wounds. ABC News anchor Frank Reynolds, a close friend of Brady?s, had to report both the death and the error. Upon getting the welcome news, a visibly upset Reynolds exclaimed, ?Let?s get it nailed down?somebody?let?s find out! Let?s get it straight so we can report this thing accurately!?

When tragedies are unfolding and information is scant, however, the incentives are to get as much information out as fast as possible, even if much of it is inaccurate. And as much air time as possible is filled with ?experts,? whose expertise is often tangentially related to the crisis and are hamstrung by the need for rampant speculation, to do instant analysis. The inevitable result is that they will fall into their comfort zone, analyzing by drawing analogies with past events that have some similarities.

We?ve now shifted from ?this is Norway?s 9/11″ to ?this is Norway?s Oklahoma City.?

The investigators still don?t have complete information about this monstrous crime and they?re almost certainly not sharing everything they have with us. But, if the Oklahoma City analogy holds up, it would be fitting in one respect: The instant analysis in Oklahoma City was that it was the work of Islamist groups. While a natural assumption two years after the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, it was completely wrong.

You can take the Money you can take the pride, you can take it all but never get inside. You cant break me! No matter how much you try! You cant shake me down! I'm f****** bulletproof!!!!!

I heard about that. He also uploaded a 1500 page manifesto to the internet.

Yeah but I am not allowed to read that >>

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast