Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: What we call the news

I'm old enough to have seen Star Wars in the theater when it originally came out.
    It really was a big deal...then. 2001 had a somewhat cult following, but SW was
    the first time a sci-fi movie really went mainstream popular.
    From the moment people saw that opening roll and said:
    "Episode IV? Did I miss the first 3???" I give it up for Lucas to front-load all of the weird SF stuff right there in the first 5 minutes
    of the movie: Spaceships; laser fire; weird guys in white plastic costumes; the 2 droids, and then the villain is an asthmatic tall
    guy in a black plastic costume with a cape. In those days, nobody had ever even heard of James Earl Jones before.

GUYS. CHILL THE **** OUT.

Disney owns Pixar and Marvel and guess what? Both of those companies are free to do as they please. Disney is rather loose with it's other properties, if it was as HORRIBLE as it's being made out to be as a childhood raping scumbag, would we EVER have the Avengers movie?

And Honestly, this could be a GOOD THING. Knights of the Old Republic film? More emphasis on story and writing than special effects? Remember that Lucas was hoarding his properties, so having a more loose grip may be beneficial for this franchise.
    My dA (Warning slightly NSFW) : http://kaijulord.deviantart.com/

was he hoarding his properties? If the guy let's people make Robot Chicken Star Wars and Family Guy Star Wars and other such hilarity, he can't be too jealous of it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    <MADEVIL> maybe you can steal the panties from the hobos

Quote Originally Posted by glory of llama View Post
    was he hoarding his properties? If the guy let's people make Robot Chicken Star Wars and Family Guy Star Wars and other such hilarity, he can't be too jealous of it.
    He prevented any new good stories to come in film form, and keep in mind: this guy is responsible for:
    -The Prequels
    -Constantly Editing the original trilogy and adding bull**** CGI and dialogue (Such as Vader screaming "Nooooo!") and preventing the original versions of the films from being released, with the blue-ray/DVD releases only containing the CGI altered ones
    -Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

Lucas prevented any new breath from being given to the films, and his constant editing of the original trilogy really, really got tiresome and killed some scenes. (Jarjar Binks cameo in the last part of RoJ? **** NO)

Now with Disney, we could get people like JJ Abrams or Joss Whedon make their own story in the Star Wars Universe, I'm down with any chance to see some Grand Admiral Thrawn action on the big screen. We could also...you know...GET THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS OF THE FIRST THREE RELEASED ON DVD AND BLU RAY.

So yeah, George Lucas giving up Star Wars to the almighty mouse has a high likelihood to be a GOOD THING. Pixar is booming. Marvel is still making comics. So far, I have seen no official bull**** crossovers with Mickey Mouse and Spiderman yet, so I trust Disney to respect the franchise based on their track record with the other independent properties. Now, I could get proved, very brutally wrong, but for now though, lets not throw a **** storm. After all Disney can't ruin the franchise more than Lucas did with Episode I and Jarjar.
    My dA (Warning slightly NSFW) : http://kaijulord.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
    GUYS. CHILL THE **** OUT.

Disney owns Pixar and Marvel and guess what? Both of those companies are free to do as they please. Disney is rather loose with it's other properties, if it was as HORRIBLE as it's being made out to be as a childhood raping scumbag, would we EVER have the Avengers movie?

And Honestly, this could be a GOOD THING. Knights of the Old Republic film? More emphasis on story and writing than special effects? Remember that Lucas was hoarding his properties, so having a more loose grip may be beneficial for this franchise.
    As if I don't know that already...
    But in all honesty thought I didn't like The Avengers. Too much snarky comments throughout the whole movie and too little SUPER HERO TAG TEAM action.
    The problem I had with The Avengers is the same as I had with the Transformers trilogy
    too much flash and SPESHUL AFFEKS and just catering to mainstream fanboys instead of keeping things timmid. They did do a good job with the first one even if it was a bit ridiculous at times and just poorly executed but by the second I lost all interest.

still I'd like to see what they can make of new Star Wars movies even though I'm not realy a fan of the series.
    Love the movies, big part of my childhood but you wouldn't see me trying to force choke bitches to get the last Yoda drinking bottle.

I'm not sure If the star wars film Saga needs more films adding to it,I mean what will they add to it.I think it's Fine as it is all six of them.
    Then disney want to launch a new star wars film every 3 years after episode 7 is launched.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

In the spirit of Disney: Cat party broken up by police
    To every solution there's a problem.
    You can't always tell whether someone is really evil, or just stupid.
    Government: a system put in place to fail, so you don't have to.
    Suicide has a detrimental effect on your health.

The Ultimate Thunderskull of Astral Terror. For: The greatest gangster-movie ever made. Against: Your sanity.

So, gateway anime of the worst kind has claimed how many lives, now?

PS2 left on passenger rail

I guess some people didn't learn from the LoL guy who fapped

WoW Player forgets to turn of cam and has sex with gf
    Last edited by MADEVIL; 11-05-2012 at 07:18 PM.

So the Dutch parliament is assembled already...
    I'm impressed I thought they would bicker on for at least 2 months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Rutte_cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by jinzo64 View Post
    I'm not sure If the star wars film Saga needs more films adding to it,I mean what will they add to it.I think it's Fine as it is all six of them.
    Then disney want to launch a new star wars film every 3 years after episode 7 is launched.
    There's some interesting material to work with though. I read a few of the after-story novels.
    They could do something Akira style about the under-city of Coruscant for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName_studio View Post
    There's some interesting material to work with though. I read a few of the after-story novels.
    They could do something Akira style about the under-city of Coruscant for example.
    Or movies about the Old Republic. Not that I care either way about new Star Wars movies. I'd like it but it's not something that keeps me up at night.

Last week Disney bought LucasFilms and shocked the world, Now Disney is now trying to buy Hasbro (Poor Bronies and Transformer fans).
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69682

And I hope that this wouldn't happen after reading this comic.

hm... yes disney buy the ponies, its time they were put down like the sick animals they are

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast