Fino
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone

In this thread i want to present a small tool i coded.

It's a small video player special made for AMV Hell.
Maybe some of you now the problem. You search for a special clip in the video and just don't find it. So I created a player where you can create a small chapter file which contains the information of the position of all clips in a video.
It's like when you have a scene menu on a DVD.

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4ozm5hym5gw

I just created a chapter file for the Champion Ship Edition because it's the shortest. Because if you think this tool sucks I wouldn't have wasted too much time in developing. The design also just serves the purpose.

How to use:

Open a video by clicking File -> open File an open a video.
All the chapter information are located in a .cha file. If the .cha file has the same name as the video (like AMV Hell CE.avi and AMV Hell CE.cha) and is located in the same folder it is loaded automaticlly. If not you have to open it manually by clicking File -> Open Chapter List.

So please comment how you like my idea and say if there are any bugs.

Btw. sorry for bad English ^^"

Issitheus
12-16-2008, 02:00 AM
This is really impressive, I recommend you flesh it out a bit more. But some suggestions:
-Fullscreen
-An Application included to make chapter files
-More expansive interface
-Didn't check this, but does it only support AVI files? If so, then expand it.

I approve. Continue this, and i'll sticky this, and maybe it'll become an official AMV Hell app.

Ionzorg
12-17-2008, 04:04 PM
This is a great idea, but I'm facing one little quandary: when I hit File -> Open File and choose CE, nothing seems to change. I hit the Play button, and nothing happens...an error on my part, perhaps? I'd very much like to try it out.

Other than that, the Chapter List seems to come up with no problems.

Fino
12-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry for beeing so ignorant, but I had a lot of stuff to do for work and Christmas and I also got GTA 4.... ;D
So ok. Thanks for the replies.

-Didn't check this, but does it only support AVI files? If so, then expand it.

For now, it will just support the .avi container format but I'm planning on expanding this to the most popular formats.

-An Application included to make chapter files
-More expansive interface

I will implement an editing function for the chapter files, so you can create your own for any movie you want. And so the interface will also expand and I will try to make it look more friendly :)

-Fullscreen

Fullscreen is implemented just double click on the movie when it's playing. (I hope this works... It worked for me :P)

@Ionzorg

I don't know what's causing this. I hadn't tested if this application runs on other systems. Now I know theres interest in this project I will bug my friends on testing this before I post a new version ;)

Tomorrow I will continue programming. I hope I'll get a nice working version done till the end of this year.

Zarxrax
12-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Actually, AMV Hell CE already contains chapters in the mp4 version. They are accessible in media player classic, and probably a bunch of other players.

That's the only one I put chapters in, though.

Fino
12-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Yea ok...
But I'm also trying to implement a Best-Of-Feature, where you can pick the single chapters and create a collection of your favorite clips. Maybe I'm getting it to work on more then one movie file, so you can make a best of all AMV Hell movies without having to reencode and stuff.

And maybe I can pack all neccesarry codecs on the player for AMV Hell, so you won't need to install extra codecs (kinda like VLC Media Player).

And my main concern was to give the users a simple way to create own chapters for any movie without reencoding.

Fino
12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Sorry for double post but i don't know if the forum marks edited posts as new posts...

I will release now the first real usable version of the player. I haven't implemented everything I wanted to for now, but these things will come soon. E.g. the options menu don't has any real options for now and theres no Best-Of feature.

I hope you'll like what you see and please report any bugs ;D

You can download the player and the chapter files for AMV Hell 1 and AMV Hell CE here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4c5b22c90be9f60d91b20cc0d07ba4d286b27b24 a5ca5fd4

Btw. the chapter files are created with the .torrent version of the videos. I don't know if they are compatible with other encoded versions.

Useful
12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
A most excellent tool. And no, edits don't count as new posts, this was definitely the way to go.

I'll give more feedback once I've messed around a little more ;).

Issitheus
12-31-2008, 03:24 AM
Zarx, shall this become an official Hell application? May I sticky it?