Zarxrax
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
It's time for AMV Minis Episode 02!

But before that, I need to announce that I will be traveling to Japan for a few weeks, so during this time I won't be looking at anyone's entries. If you submit a video, please be patient until I return. :sweatdrop:

http://youtu.be/_lRHTHGGWN8

Credits (in order of appearance):

Creator: Doomimus
Anime: Azumanga Daioh
Audio: Monty Python - Argument

Creator: greensucksbluerules
Anime: Lily C.A.T.
Audio: Cake - Carbon Monoxide

Creator: Rebbie
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Audio: Futurama sound clip

Creator: Absolute_Apocalypse
Anime: Code Geass
Audio: Dead Kennedys - Kill the Poor

Audio: Monty Python - Argument

Creator: DXM
Anime: Hell girl
Audio: AC/DC - Dirty deeds (done dirt cheap)

Creator: scarmullet
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Audio: The Empire Strikes Back sound clip

Audio: Cannibal Corpse - Make Them Suffer

Creator: Oghma
Anime: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Audio: George Carlin

Creator: Oghma
Anime: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Audio: Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy

Audio: Me, Myself, and Irene sound clip

Creator: Hosaka Enterprises
Anime: Space Runaway Ideon, The Ideon: Be Invoked
Audio: Spongebob Squarepants sound clip

Creator: Hockey-kun
Anime: Lucky Star
Audio: Dschinghis Khan - Moskau

Anime: Elfen Lied
Audio: Batman Beyond sound clip

Creator: Raster88
Anime: Pokemon
Audio: The Lonely Island - I'm on a Boat

Hockey-kun
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Weee. Great ep guys. Let's hope the next one can be even better :)

kapparomeo
08-18-2009, 09:30 PM
This is the first AMV Hell release that I've been around for - I only caught up with no. 4 six months or more after it came out, so it feels momentous to be part of the occasion now. :)

Seeing as I've started making my own AMVs now, hopefully I'll be able to contribute to Episode Three!

Divine Dragoon
08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Have a great time in Japan Big-Z!!! (^_^) Lucky bastard hahaha

Filleraol
08-18-2009, 10:59 PM
awesome!

have fun in Japan zarx (stalking japanese schoolgirls), and hope you're back soon ^^

Tazuto
08-19-2009, 01:17 AM
T-T Why cant i just finish my clips already, why is everything so hard to find! Dx

abyssion1337
08-19-2009, 01:29 AM
well this'll give me time to do that clip I was thinking of

ClosedPool
08-19-2009, 03:39 AM
This'll give me time to fix my already accepted clip and find the episode of haruhi where they're in the band.

scarmullet
08-19-2009, 03:42 AM
This'll give me time to fix my already accepted clip and find the episode of haruhi where they're in the band.

Episode 12 of the first Season (Live Alive)

Oghma
08-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Have fun on your Vacation! Good work everyone!

On a side note: What is it about Azumanga Diaho that makes it so parodyable? Its gotten to the point we could have an AMV Hell: Azumanga Edition. Not that that be a bad thing.

NLAlchemist
08-19-2009, 03:59 AM
have fun kiss the ladies for me

Aelibia
08-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Have fun on your Vacation! Good work everyone!

On a side note: What is it about Azumanga Diaho that makes it so parodyable? Its gotten to the point we could have an AMV Hell: Azumanga Edition. Not that that be a bad thing.

I'm noticing that a lot, too. It's a bit overused. I mean, they're good (usually), but after a while it just makes me sigh and wait for the next clip to roll around. Variability, guys!

Clips weren't as in sync this time.

Pok?mon clip made me die laughing, though. I was NOT expecting that. Props!

Raster88
08-19-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm noticing that a lot, too. It's a bit overused. I mean, they're good (usually), but after a while it just makes me sigh and wait for the next clip to roll around. Variability, guys!

Pok?mon clip made me die laughing, though. I was NOT expecting that. Props!

glad you liked it. im always open for criticism, good or bad. :)

and you do have a point, there are a lot of Azumanga clips, both in AMV Hell and Minis. im not saying any of them are bad, it just kind of stands out when the same anime is in a lot of clips.

Hockey-kun
08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, the I'm on a Boat was def. my fav as well. Well executed my friend.

A note to the one who made the Spongebob clip. We could see the Nickelodeon tag on the bottom left...

ClosedPool
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Episode 12 of the first Season (Live Alive)

thanks broseph.

Doomimus
08-19-2009, 03:08 PM

Guilty as charged. XD I doubt my Azu-well will dry up anytime soon. That being said, I'm all for exploring new titles. (I still have a lot of ground to cover.) That's not to say we can't make great clips from familiar anime. I think what matters in the end is whether the joke itself is entertaining and fresh.

I will admit, though, AMV Hell: Azumanga Edition does sound pretty awesome. XD

Yep, we need better lip-sync, guys! I think we could take a cue from the Evangelion/Futurama clip. It was the best of the bunch, in my opinion.

scarmullet
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Guilty as charged. XD I doubt my Azu-well will dry up anytime soon. That being said, I'm all for exploring new titles. (I still have a lot of ground to cover.) That's not to say we can't make great clips from familiar anime. I think what matters in the end is whether the joke itself is entertaining and fresh.

Yep, we need better lip-sync, guys! I think we could take a cue from the Evangelion/Futurama clip. It was the best of the bunch, in my opinion.

What do you say we work on it, AZUMANGA DIO!

Filleraol
08-19-2009, 04:10 PM

Sounds like an awesome idea, with different themes on the minis or something would be cool :P

Raster88
08-19-2009, 05:48 PM
that's not a bad idea. kinda like an AMV Minis special episode. im up for it.

Doomimus
08-19-2009, 06:42 PM
We'll see what Zarx has to say when he gets back. I'm for it as well.

scarmullet
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
The thing is, we'd have to do a special episode for other popular Animes.

Doomimus
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Not necessarily. We could just do one at a time.

Kyle X
08-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Overall, I liked it. Episode 1 and 2 have both been refreshing and funny.
Although I feel pretty bad at how hard at I laugh at "Get back in the kitchen!" I think it's the way he says it, not the fact that the secretary is cowering on the floor in pain. Oh well.
Hopefully I'll be able to get a clip in the next one.. maybe when I'm done editing this movie I've been involved in for several months. ETA September 1, by the way.

kapparomeo
08-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Speaking of the "Azuemvee Daioh", I just checked through the credits - between the four main AMV Hells, the Championship Edition and the two Minis to date, there have been a total of 57 clips involving Azumanga Daioh - 48 if we keep our A! neat and remove the clips which they share with another anime.

If we compiled all of these separate clips into a single "Azuemvee Daioh" compilation pack, there'd be a good twenty minutes of content there, so it'd be substantial enjoyment. That said, though, I wonder if it might get a bit wearing if the same show was shown back-to-back for that long.

Doomimus
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Speaking of the "Azuemvee Daioh", I just checked through the credits - between the four main AMV Hells, the Championship Edition and the two Minis to date, there have been a total of 57 clips involving Azumanga Daioh - 48 if we keep our A! neat and remove the clips which they share with another anime.

If we compiled all of these separate clips into a single "Azuemvee Daioh" compilation pack, there'd be a good twenty minutes of content there, so it'd be substantial enjoyment. That said, though, I wonder if it might get a bit wearing if the same show was shown back-to-back for that long.

I feel I should share these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdH9EJaqZM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRW7WNVKbY&feature=related

I, for one, think it's great to compile AMVs from a specific source.

scarmullet
08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Overall, I liked it. Episode 1 and 2 have both been refreshing and funny.
Although I feel pretty bad at how hard at I laugh at "Get back in the kitchen!" I think it's the way he says it, not the fact that the secretary is cowering on the floor in pain. Oh well.
Hopefully I'll be able to get a clip in the next one.. maybe when I'm done editing this movie I've been involved in for several months. ETA September 1, by the way.

I feel bad about making it, mainly by the way she is laying on the floor cowering in fear and how he says it (Thank you Batman Beyond), but it is so damn funny. Anyway, I can come up with something worse.

Charon
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Dead Kennedys lol

Doomimus
08-20-2009, 03:08 AM
scarmullet wanted me to give you guys this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Rebbie
08-20-2009, 03:11 AM
scarmullet wanted me to give you guys this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

:praise:

Oghma
08-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow, I say one thing in jest and you all run with it. AMV Hell: Azumanga Edition, I am so in on that.

Doomimus
08-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Wow, I say one thing in jest and you all run with it. AMV Hell: Azumanga Edition, I am so in on that.

Some of the best ideas start off in jest. :D

daikaisho vanguard
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
What do you say we work on it, AZUMANGA DIO!

I say that sounds awesome. I'd love a mini featuring only Azumanga and Dio

It may be a bit too specific, though, despite Dio's long and productive career.

amn3sys
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
cool ;)

Doomimus
08-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm gonna assume the role of Issitheus for a moment here. It's Daioh, not Dio! :D

There, I'm done being Issitheus. Moving on....

Evileel
08-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Pok?mon clip made me die laughing, though.

Yeah, Pokemon boat was awesome. Azumanga + death metal was a good idea too http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8514/79044543by4.gif

Doomimus
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Why, thank you, Evileel. :D

Hey, what happened to Chiyo's pigtails? Did Osaka run off with them again?

daikaisho vanguard
08-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm gonna assume the role of Issitheus for a moment here. It's Daioh, not Dio! :D

If we mix Azumanga Daioh footage with Ronnie James Dio songs, we will get Azumanga Dio!

Aelibia
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM

If you just went through the whole series and condensed each episode into a single song with a series of clips representing the plot of that episode, it would be just like an Abridged series. Only more inside-jokey.

Oh, snap. Sounds like a plan to me.

Doomimus
08-20-2009, 09:47 PM
If you just went through the whole series and condensed each episode into a single song with a series of clips representing the plot of that episode, it would be just like an Abridged series. Only more inside-jokey.

Oh, snap. Sounds like a plan to me.

Now, don't you give us any ideas! *wrings heads mischievously*

Hockey-kun
08-20-2009, 10:12 PM
AMVHell abridged?

Doomimus
08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
If we mix Azumanga Daioh footage with Ronnie James Dio songs, we will get Azumanga Dio!

Hey, that works!

Doomimus
08-21-2009, 05:18 AM
I feel bad about making it, mainly by the way she is laying on the floor cowering in fear and how he says it (Thank you Batman Beyond), but it is so damn funny. Anyway, I can come up with something worse.

Pardon the double-post.

Just out of curiosity, what did he say in the original scene?

Raster88
08-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Pardon the double-post.

Just out of curiosity, what did he say in the original scene?

in the anime, that guy said "jeez, don't sneak up on me like that. Stupid b****."

scarmullet did a good job improvising. :D

Absolute_Apocalypse
08-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Dead Kennedys lol

Yay! I'm super happy somebody liked it! =3

Doomimus
08-23-2009, 12:44 AM

I particularly liked the maniacal laughter at the end. XD

Lights Out, God Help Me
08-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Yeah, the pokemon clip pretty much makes you win at life

get_mik
08-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I couldn't stop laughing with the last one. I find that song about a boat very humorous.

Mik

Raster88
08-24-2009, 05:03 AM
wow, im glad everyone's enjoying the clip this much. i'll try to make videos as good as that one in the future :D

Animegirlzzzzzzz
08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I liked it very much too!
So ironically energetic!

NodMan
08-31-2009, 11:50 PM
But before that, I need to announce that I will be traveling to Japan for a few weeks, so during this time I won't be looking at anyone's entries. If you submit a video, please be patient until I return. :sweatdrop:

I've got a buddy in Kobe, you should stop by and see ;)

Have fun with the locals.

MasterfulKnight
09-01-2009, 06:36 AM
I've got an idea of an AMV with Gurren Lagann. Let's hope Zarx will accept it for episode 3. Oh, and episode 2 was funny as hell

Threvlin
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry, I just had to comment on:

Now, don't you give us any ideas! *wrings heads mischievously*

AHHH! My head!!!

/dead

Also: Great episode, I enjoyed the Monty Python and the boats very much. Great work by all.

daikaisho vanguard
09-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Damn, my ****-computer took my finished, non-converted video with it into death.

Shadow66
09-25-2009, 12:39 AM
does anybody know where I can download the Mainstream song? Im having trouble finding it.

Zarxrax
09-25-2009, 03:30 PM
It's on the download page on the top menu.

Shadow66
09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
can you show me where?

Calvin3
04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
This one is funny, a lot of good ones

Lizzy
04-07-2012, 03:39 PM
I think this one is very good! I couldn't stop laughing ^.^

Nokimemota
08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
The ep is deleted from server - any reupload please?

Zuiichi
08-20-2012, 11:43 PM
here have a torrent
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7251413/Amv_hell_mini_s

Nokimemota
08-21-2012, 10:04 AM
woohoo! thanks man! Now i can enjoy all of them!

Rotkeps Aniger
04-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Download link didn't work. That Croc site said file has been deleted. At least I think it's on YouTube.

MADEVIL
04-05-2013, 11:26 PM
I uploaded all the Minis on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/madevil/videos) along with all the Hells except the 0's, and everything is downloadable from there.