KurisuHedgie
03-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Deadline: April 30th, 2010!
Around The World AMV Collab!

UPDATE!:
New, Teaser Trailer, if you wanna share and maybe bring more people in?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTebSbD1QQU

Hey everyone, Kurisu here!

Okay, so since a few of you have been waiting for AMV XXXMas to finish (if it ever will), I think it's time I toss up an idea here for those wanting to be in a collab like AMV Hell.

I'm thinking, with the Olympics just past, and every country showing their support - we should do a comedy "international" AMV collab! Showcasing our favorite or home country in each clip!

Basically, here are the rules:

- Only 4-5 clips a country. I'll put up a list of who's doing which country. For example, once 5 people have chosen "United States", then try to think up another country you could do. There are about 190 countries in the world, so there's quite a selection!

- Use a song that's relative to the country. This does not -HAVE- to be the national anthem. This is comedy, so you can also use any songs that make fun of your country, or a song that's about something the citizens of your nation would do. If you do use the national anthem, maybe make the anime suit the anthem in a funny/strange way.

- Don't post your clip onto YouTube or anything until after the release. ^^

- Keep your clips to around a minute. I'll only accept a little over a minute if it's REALLY funny. ;D

- This isn't a contest. Everyone who submits will get to be part of this collab. But PLEASE do your best on it! I don't want people singled out of this project because your clip is crap next to everyone else's.

- When submitting a video please include the following information:
Title:
Username:
Video Source:
Audio Source:

(Stealing from Zeromaster here, this should be like "Stickied AMV Rules or something")

- Please save your videos in either mp4, mov or wmv formats (condensing them with Zarx264gui is up to you). Also please try to use windows/Sony Vegas friendly codecs such as MainConcept AVC/ACC (I don't mind converting your video however i'm not converting every single entry)

- PLEASE NOTE: This is more like a guideline then a rule if your video doesn't follow this standard, don't worry, I'll reformat your video for you, however this helps me out a lot and is less work on my part. If your going to be using WMM or clips that are both 4:3 (fullscreen) & 16:9 (widescreen) PLEASE MAKE CROP/STRETCH YOUR VIDEO TO 16:9/WIDESCREEN. Seriously, this is annoying to fix, WMM has a 16:9 feature so USE IT! (this specifically goes to those using both video sizes in their videos)

Upload your videos to an upload site like megaupload or sendspace and email that upload link with the video information to cverge@gmail.com

Deadline: April 30th, 2010!

I'll be looking to release this sucker in May! :D So do your best, and of course, as always, HAVE FUN! :D

Extra Information:

Countries Taken:

Canada
- Ranma
- humnut

United States
- scarmullet
- AfroZenPizza
- synbad2

United Kingdom
- ThomasJennings

Jamaica
- KurisuHedgie

Germany
- KurisuHedgie

scarmullet
03-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I call US (**** yea!)

humnut
03-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I call Canada!

AfroZenPizza
03-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I might be interested in doing United States - If Paniponi Dash can be used on grounds Becky is from MIT, and If I can get my better desktop going again in time. Need new motherboard, but car repairs are higher priority. If not US then Japan, haven't seen too many clips in anime outside of Japan... That is not entirely true I guess.

ThomasJennings
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
The UK! Or Britain. Whichever. I'm easy :)

KurisuHedgie
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Awesome, glad to hear people are on board!

Remember, this is both comedy AND creativity. Even if you haven't seen anime clips outside of Japan, with some imagination, you should be able to create a video about something a country does. (For instance, the obvious ones are - Think Yu-gi-oh doing Egyptian stuff, think FMA doing Germany, but the creativity comes in for say, something a country is known for - like the Olympics in Greece, or finding an anime like Aria, that could be used for the gondola's in Italy, or... anything! If there's a general stereotype for a country, find an anime or two or 7 that could depict that stereotype!)

If you need help choosing, check out Wiki's country list, click one, and see if it says anything that the nation is proud for, or well known for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_of_the_world

whyilovetehanime
03-10-2010, 07:04 AM
I am from Australia so... Should i submit something??

KurisuHedgie
03-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Anyone can submit any country they want. ^^ If you want to do Australia, let me know! :D

KurisuHedgie
03-17-2010, 05:09 AM
Oh! I also forgot to mention. Since I doubt we're gonna have TOO many entries, your clips can be anywhere from 1-3 minutes long. But make sure they're funny all the way through. ;D

KurisuHedgie
03-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Reminder! April 19th is the deadline. If anyone wants that extended, please let me know!

KurisuHedgie
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
It's April 1st, and no this isn't a joke - You have 18 days to get your videos in if you signed up! :D Or if you want to join, do that too! All videos MUST be in on the 19th!

KurisuHedgie
04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Okay, the deadline is approaching - If anyone is just catching this thread, you CAN ask for an extension... but I really want this out by May. :) So please, do your best all!

Ranma
04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll join :D I'm Canadian :D (I might try to make something tonight but if not i'll try to make something soon since the deadline is only 8 days away :P

.....alright i think i got the perfect song to use...just not sure how funny i can make it :P

synbad2
04-12-2010, 05:06 PM
I'll try to do a USA one but don't be expecting it... Have an idea but need to get the clips for it... by the way, how do we submit it?

Nope cant do it.... converter wont work :(

NVM got it working again

Ranma
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I'll try to do a USA one but don't be expecting it... Have an idea but need to get the clips for it... by the way, how do we submit it?

Nope cant do it.... converter wont work :(

which converter arey using - i was also wondering how to actuallyl submit it, mines no where near done but i've started it.....so if the song is less than 3 minutes do you want the whole song or just part of it?

synbad2
04-12-2010, 06:45 PM
nevermind got it working again... had to get the episodes from youtube (Realplayer Download)

-mine, if it works, comes from watching the show while my roommate played this song... it was like it was made for it...

--Hurray it works!!!

Ranma
04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
yea i song i heard last year some time being its a "for your country" type amv it would be the only reason to attempt this song i'm doing...but again - i was wondering if i should bother to do the whole song since its under 3 minutes....

KurisuHedgie
04-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Ranma, if possible, can you do any other country? We've already got two people doing Canada. (Either that, or I'd do another country so you can do Canada. XD)

synbad2
04-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Finished and submitted...

On to full length... :)

Ranma
04-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Hey Ranma, if possible, can you do any other country? We've already got two people doing Canada. (Either that, or I'd do another country so you can do Canada. XD)

well...whatever's easier for you....i've started my canada one though i'm not very far - but i think its at lease somewhat funny :P but i was wondering on how long you would want the "clip" to be if the song is under 3 minutes - would you want the whole song or just like 1min 30secs?

KurisuHedgie
04-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Okay, go ahead and do Canada then. I'll do another different country. :D

And you know what? We've only got like.. 6 people on this so far, and only 1 video submitted, so go ahead and make it 3 minutes. :)

Also, deadline extended to April 30th. Let's get those submissions in!

Ranma
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
k - cool - i'm still working on mine pretty hardcore.....just i've been running into a few brick walls with which shows to put at specific spots.....but i'm slowly knocking the brickwalls down :P......with my chisel

synbad2
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
finished the full amv... just cant upload it to youtube... had to go to yahoo... here's the link...

Full AMV (http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/7334492/)

Ranma
04-17-2010, 07:13 AM
I've finished the full Amv and will be submitting it as soon as its finihsed shrinking :D then to upload it - and send the link :D

KurisuHedgie
04-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Awesome! We have two submissions in! :D Glad to see, glad to see. Let's hope the rest are coming soon! <3

synbad2
04-17-2010, 07:12 PM
got another one coming... worked 48 hrs on it... :D

KurisuHedgie
04-19-2010, 09:35 AM
New very short teaser trailer, everyone! :D

Ranma
04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
yay, cant wait for the final release - i've resisted putting mine on youtube (which i'm terrible at doing cause i like to try to get comments :P

KurisuHedgie
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Well good Ranma! Because that WAS part of the rules. :P

Ranma
05-02-2010, 12:23 AM
So...being WMG ****ed with it on youtube...is this not coming out now?

Jazean
05-02-2010, 02:45 AM
waiting, waiting, it's only the 1st of May, hopefully it releases soon.

Ranma
05-02-2010, 07:07 AM
well it was technically already released on youtube - buy WMG ****ed it over with copyright **** so it was deleted....so just wondering where it will be uploaded next :P

synbad2
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
he should upload it to sharebee then post it here, or even upload it to yahoo video and post the link here...