Zarxrax
03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Here is the first special episode of AMV Minis, featuring only clips from the hit anime series Azumanga Daioh!

http://youtu.be/wDNKH-vLlyg

Credits (in order of appearance)

Creator: scarmullet
Audio: The A-Team Opening Theme

Audio: Drawn Together sound clip

Creator: Doomimus & Robert Frazer
Audio: Heaven 17 - Temptation

Audio: Beavis and Butthead sound clip

Creator: Robert Frazer
Audio: Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann sound clip

Creator: Doomimus
Audio: Gloria Estefan - Go Away

Audio: Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! commercial

Audio: The Divinyls - I Touch Myself
Audio: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Do I Creep You Out?

Audio: When Harry Met Sally sound clip

Audio: The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica (Top Gear theme)

Audio: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring sound clip

Audio: Matt and Mike Chapman - Teen Girl Squad 7

Audio: Team America - I'm So Ronery

Raster88
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
lol, that was pretty funny. I was wondering why there were no azumanga clips in Minis recently.

Kyle X
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I feel like asking when you had time for this, but I may have missed a thread or two lately.
I am aware of the old idea, though.

I liked it! Yay.

Evileel
03-14-2010, 06:08 PM
That was good. Better than all those other minis combined.
A-team (Azumanga-team) my favorite http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/123/8/f/Tails_animated_gif_2_by_Sabientje.gif

abyssion1337
03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Wow it's like all the talent people could have been using on the other minis all got dumped into here. That's not to say all the clips were winners especially that last clip which not only wasn't funny but brought all the energy of the episode down and actually this may be why 3 was my favorite minis, because it ended with such high energy with one of the funniest clips of the series

UTF
03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I only liked the Doomimus ones, and I had seen most of them before.

synbad2
03-14-2010, 11:00 PM
:praise::praise::praise:Wonderful!!!!!!

Drpepperfan
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Awesome! I've been waiting ages for this, and it was well worth it! Probably my favourite of the minis so far. My favourites were probably The A-Team, Team America, Top Gear (mainly cause it was a surprise to see it being referenced) and the Teen Girl Squad. It was hard to choose though, as it was pretty much all quality! :)

Doomimus
03-15-2010, 01:10 AM
God, this makes me so frickin' happy. :D The "When Harry Met Sally" clip had me in stitches (which is funny considering I'd already seen that movie and knew what was coming).

That's not to say all the clips were winners especially that last clip which not only wasn't funny but brought all the energy of the episode down...

In retrospect, I think I could've shortened it for this, but I'm satisfied with it for the most part.

EDIT: I just noticed that there were only three contributors this time. Man, if we continue doing these all-(insert anime here) episodes, imagine what we could do with more!

Shirker
03-15-2010, 01:52 AM
I dunno, only about 3 or 4 of them I really liked or got. It was meh for me. I'd definately like to see more of the concept though (I vote One Piece for next time. It's really underepresented in the Hell/Minis scene). This vid came outta the blue. I'm guessing this is the reason Azumanga's been missing from the last few AMV Minis?

abyssion1337
03-15-2010, 02:05 AM
actually we've been discussing an all Azumanga episode for a while, I was never behind the idea because I though we wouldn't get much variety, we got much more than I expected but not all of it was good, I think the idea would apply better to Higurashi or even better Abenobashi

NodMan
03-15-2010, 06:07 AM
"Do I creep you out!?" Best part lol.

whyilovetehanime
03-15-2010, 07:19 AM
The scarmullet and doomimus ones where the only good ones! Not to mention this was incredibly weird and fast paced...I would say this one wasn't bad but not that great ):

Zarxrax
03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Not to mention this was incredibly weird and fast paced...
Fast paced? It has some of the longest clips yet.

Doomimus
03-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Fast paced? It has some of the longest clips yet.

It certainly doesn't seem long.

Kyle X
03-20-2010, 06:43 AM
That's what she said.
But I agree. It was longer, but kept me interested throughout. There were some funny clips this time.

darkzi
04-01-2010, 01:12 AM
phew good thing I found out I wasnt going crazy; I was like I swear I saw that 'go away' vid that doominus..youtube you didnt fail me; I found out ya doominus did a full version for that vid back in october or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1kSFeXUYiE HAHA! was starting to think I was having major deja vu

Individuo
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Hopefully this won't be Azumanga's farewell from the AMV Hell universe.

Shirker
04-06-2010, 07:48 PM
You know it won't be as long as Doomimus is submitting vids. XD

Nygmatech Enterprises
07-06-2010, 04:10 AM
First time I downloaded this, MPC farted. Second time was okay though. Also, WOW, this was a good bunch. I'm tearing, actually. "I Touch Myself", "Teen Girl Squad", "Ronery" and especially the Lord of the Rings clip. Priceless!

Hawker
07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
phew good thing I found out I wasnt going crazy; I was like I swear I saw that 'go away' vid that doominus..youtube you didnt fail me; I found out ya doominus did a full version for that vid back in october or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1kSFeXUYiE

Please say there is a higher quality downloadable version of this available. It was by far my favorite moment of X1, but the YouTube flv looks terrible when scaled up to fullscreen - especially 46-inch fullscreen.

Ah, I found it on animemusicvideos ("Good Riddance", not "Go Away" - Duh). However, that copy is interlaced, which just... well - :eek: . I assume at this point, that's the best there is?

Doomimus
07-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Please say there is a higher quality downloadable version of this available. It was by far my favorite moment of X1, but the YouTube flv looks terrible when scaled up to fullscreen - especially 46-inch fullscreen.

Ah, I found it on animemusicvideos ("Good Riddance", not "Go Away" - Duh). However, that copy is interlaced, which just... well - :eek: . I assume at this point, that's the best there is?

Guilty as charged. ^^; In my defense, however, I had a hell of a time trying to de-interlace the footage without diminishing the quality, so then I just decided to leave it alone.

Calvin3
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Azumanga Daioh sure is worth havinf of it's own Mini episode

these are funny jokes as well, I like especually the "When Harry Met Sally" and "Teen Girl Squad" ones

AniDisFan
06-03-2013, 05:49 AM
The audio to the Youtube video has been disabled.

Here's an alternate link:
http://blip.tv/amv-hell/amv-minis-x1-azumanga-daioh-5901806

MADEVIL
06-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Alternate links for all the AMV Hells have been created on Vimeo some time ago due to issues with Youtube. The only ones not on there are the 0's

AMV HELL on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/madevil)

kain7854
11-15-2015, 08:18 AM
O sweet christ ty, Ive been updating my non amv hell movies collection from flv to mp4, and the gd Nazi's on youtube took this one down.