Creator: Robert Frazer & fdYkn
Anime: Heroman
Audio: Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix), Fallout 3 sound clips

e1fen1ied
07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
lol CHOCOLATE, and did you know that dolphines are really just gay sharks

Ranma
07-24-2010, 11:47 PM
hmm only a couple of these made my smile but i didn't really laugh... oh well maybe i'm just tired from just finishing work - maybe i'll try again in a bit and see if i find it funnier XD

whyilovetehanime
07-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Hmmm... I agree with Ranma. This minis series ain't really doing much for me, although i am looking forward to AMV hell 5 and a seperate anime minis series.

Fortissimo
07-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I have never made an amv or in any way contributed to this site. My opinion is worthless, but I put it here anyway. I apologize.
1. I get the joke, and the editing is nice and in sync, but I feel the song repeats and doesn't add on to the comedic value so it drags on for a bit too long
2. The audio fit the emotions, but other than the fact that Azumanga Daioh looks funny not much was added to the comedic value of the audio
3.,6. I liked this one. Reminded me of the way clips are in other AMV Hells
4. I can't say much, the chocolate bit wore thin for me after the slew ofit combined with Mello from Death Note, but good clip for the screaming.
5. The audio fit the scene, and really captured/enhanced the mood
7. Yes it fit perfectly, but I feel some visual gags could have added on to the audio rather than just accompany it. Like more exaggerated motions
8. Quick paced, true for the series, and seamless in audio and visual. I really liked it.
9. I like how this one breaks the mold a bit, sort of taking the Mambo #5 bit to it's logical extreme. I do feel the characters could have related a little more to the audio, but the facial expressions were spot-on, and Lights serious faces really enhanced the comedy for me.
10. Liked it. Alot. I think this was waiting to be done.
11. Funny. Not much else to say, it was genuinely funny to me.
12. My goodness. This had to be done, and I'm glad\ valley-girlesque audio from something I haven't heard overly much, i.e. Mean Girls was used. I really liked it.
13. I like this one alot. Having the psychological disorders of the EVA cast spelled out directly never ceases to make me smile, especially in the flat-out "who's that Pokemon" style. Also the music seems both triumphant and humorous, so it fits the poses AND the intention. Excellent editing.
14. Light's mean. It fits, but again some visual gags to go with the music rather than just his face would have added to the humor, in my opinion.
15. I like how well it fits, I just expected something soul-crushing to happen, considering it was Evangelion mixed with something from my childhood.
16. I liked it.
Again, ignore me, I just have nothing better to do. I'm sorry.

FinnTheCat
07-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Love the Face one XD

mas8705
07-25-2010, 05:22 AM
there were a few good ones, but overall it felt like it was lacking... I have been fumbling with a few ideas, and i'll probably try again to submit a clip or two for minis 10...

Jen_Star
07-25-2010, 05:55 AM
It was really exciting being apart of this. :)
I think I might try editing a few more clips in the future.

Stevie
07-25-2010, 06:15 AM
great episode, the bleach/chocolate caught me off guard.

and yea, i need to get back into making clips too. but alas, im sidetracked by summer :p.

gamerzltd
07-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Gotta love those "Chinese Communists." Not as great as the previous minis though. I think the audio based minis dragged especially the Family Guy clip. Kinda reminds me of a guess that anime video.

Evileel
07-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Liberty Prime VS Chinese Communists was awesome XD
http://i30.tinypic.com/29m6gw7.jpg

Gay Dolphins had good line, but lacked of some more impressive scene.
http://i31.tinypic.com/9ivedl.jpg

Evangelion clip was fun, although a bit too long and slow. I think most of clips in this minis had the same issue.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2cdh2ed.jpg

However Excel clip haven't had this issue. Nothing special, just short, wacky clip without that overused lips sync ^_^
http://i31.tinypic.com/2larkw2.jpg

Ouran clip was good quality and with good scenes, although a bit tl;dr and soundtrack was a bit lame.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2cpx8p3.jpg

DXM
07-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Meh.....

Evileel
07-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Meh.....
Why?

Shuiia
07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
OMG this was funny as hell XD, the evangelion thunderbirds clip had me in a laughing fit for a good 15 minutes xD

DXM
07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Why?

just wasn't up to pervious ones.

Like everyone put their A game into Hell 5. IMO

what's with starting with a host club clip?

The connan clip was posted long ago in the video section.

none were that funny.

HalOfBorg
07-25-2010, 01:02 PM
I loved the "Family Guy" bit - it reminded me of my "Agnes" vid. And the baby crying - loved it. So simple, so silly!

NodMan
07-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Lol the Dolphins and America Robot were the best.

Shirker
07-25-2010, 01:49 PM
@Fortissimo: On the contrary, having not contributed to any AMV Minis, your opinion should be considered among the most valid, seeing as how you fit the target audience more than a group of sticklers like us.

Anyway, my 2 cents:

The first Ouran clip could've been much gayer. I was slightly disappointed. XD

Geass/Aguilara, Bleach/Spongebob, Tenchi/Dwarf, Evan/The End and Gunbuster/Punch Out were some of my favorites.

K-On/Glee shouldn't have been as funny as it was. Yeah, it was incredibly simple, but the look on both of the characters' faces were so fitting, it was pure gold. Kinda reminds me of that Azumanga clip Doomimus made a while back. The one with "crapface."

The Family Guy one was damn clever. Definately says something about the vast library of anime and all the freakin' female love interests in them. The speaking scenes in that clip could've used some work, though. Like some better shots of their lip flaps should've been used or something.

Kuroyuki Studios
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
It seems that the general consensus of AMV Mini 9 was that it stunk. I agree. After so much waiting, I thought this was gonna rock my socks off, but it was very disappointing. Don't get me wrong, a couple things did make me chuckle, but they were not enough to save this mini. But, I guess in most animes, there are always at least one episode that sucks. Lets hope this is the only one.

darkzi
07-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I mean it had it's ups and downs but it's hard to top the originals; I mean we get copycats, a lot of family guy..and some epics...I mean some were doing good but that family guy one with the songs....some of the qualities were pretty pixelated

DXM
07-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I say we do a special Mini

No evevangenitcal, no movie or tv show sound clips that were made after 95.

emrfish6
07-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Reason why the next few mini's may suck: All the good clips are being submitted to Hell 5

e1fen1ied
07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
hmm that's true and it really says that Amv Hell 5 is gonna be hilarious because to me after Minis 5 things started to be lease funny but there was good moments after so if you thought the last 4 minis were good the Amv Hell 5 should be spectacular, cause like it was just said all the good clips are going to Hell 5

abyssion1337
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
First things first, **** THE RETCON IT'S ASUKA LANGLEY SORYU

aside from that this one compares favorably to the rest of the minis series so far but that's not much of a comparison, it's kinda of like saying ice cream is preferable to a rotting corpse

emrfish6
07-26-2010, 12:20 AM
hmm that's true and it really says that Amv Hell 5 is gonna be hilarious because to me after Minis 5 things started to be lease funny but there was good moments after so if you thought the last 4 minis were good the Amv Hell 5 should be spectacular, cause like it was just said all the good clips are going to Hell 5

Just dont make assumptions about Hell 5 just yet. It may or may not be good.

TnAdct1
07-26-2010, 05:11 AM
No love for the Gunbuster clip?

Of course, having grown up playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, I found that clip to be a cute idea.

UTF
07-26-2010, 08:36 AM
No love for the Gunbuster clip?

Of course, having grown up playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, I found that clip to be a cute idea.

Maybe if it started on the horizon scene, but it didn't. Lost a bit of it's umph. Also, I'd seen the idea already done with another series that made it funnier by contrast.

I say we do a special Mini

No evevangenitcal, no movie or tv show sound clips that were made after 95.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

JbstormburstADV
07-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I cheer we FINALLY have K-ON! in an AMV (insert name here), but overall, it felt like the rest of the AMV Minis series; decent, but improvable. Also, when are we gonna see CLANNAD. I'm really looking forward to that.

roxasbri
07-27-2010, 02:21 AM
i posted a vid a while ago but i havent gotten a review or reply about it and i didnt see it in here. can anyone give me any info, did i mispost it

Ranma
07-27-2010, 03:36 AM
I cheer we FINALLY have K-ON! in an AMV (insert name here), but overall, it felt like the rest of the AMV Minis series; decent, but improvable. Also, when are we gonna see CLANNAD. I'm really looking forward to that.

Well if anyone finds anything funny to that fits clannad i'm sure it will be done... i love clannad but have yet to find anything to do a clip to.....though the one thing could be funny...more then obvious clip....but where to get teh audio source....hmmm....but my brother is borrowin my dvd's so i don't really have the video source either unless i still got my subs...and can crop them out

as for the gunbuster clip (never seen the show) but that was one of the few taht made me smile - but as someone else mentioned i did get the hint of N**** Stole my bike.... or the good ol' brentalfloss mike tyson with lyrics video XD

humnut
07-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Meh, it was okay, but it felt like a roller coaster, waiting forever to get on for a lot of ups and downs. I liked the Liberty Prime one, but I'm a Fallout 3 junky. And the laughing baby made me laugh. I am glad to see people pulling away from the Family Guy clips, as there was only one in this episode. However, I thought a lot of the clips were drawn out, like the blues clues one was lame. Sorry to be critical, but it wasn't even from the show, it was a promo from the show. If your gonna use a commercial or promo, why not Not for Air Batman or something. But I digress. It was good, but it had tons of room for improvement.

On a separate note, regarding the request for a Clannad clip, I am working on one, and I have a Kannon clip ready to go. Plus, I'm also working on an Air clip. Also, are there no Yugioh fans anymore. Hell, that there is a goldmine. And .Hack// is a prime area for random mmo funny stuff.

I guess the lack of Amazing or Great clips is due to people posting their best for Amv Hell 5, but that just means we should all start making amazing clips, and I mean super creative and funny, and get people hyped up for 5. You know, like get people saying "Well if AMV Mini's (insert # here) was that good, AMV Hell 5 is gonna be F%#$ing Retarded funny!".

Lyss
07-27-2010, 04:08 AM
However, I thought a lot of the clips were drawn out, like the blues clues one was lame. Sorry to be critical, but it wasn't even from the show, it was a promo from the show. If your gonna use a commercial or promo, why not Not for Air Batman or something. But I digress. It was good, but it had tons of room for improvement.

Looks like someone didn't get the reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW6JIGeNQIc&feature=related

Other than that, I'd have to say this AMV Mini was meh compared to the previous ones. Hell, I didn't even like my clip that much (But for those who didn't get it, the song originally comes from this American Idol audition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqcd8IlNlo). The few clips I did like was Eva/Conan, Ouran/Baby laugh, K-ON/Glee (I'm a total gleek, so seeing that made me squee :3), and Liberty Prime.

DXM
07-27-2010, 04:29 AM
no I got the referance, and it was still bad.
Sorry

darkzi
07-27-2010, 06:38 AM
the face one...it was a lil too long to be honest..at first it was good but after 5 seconds it was like........ok...no offense it was a good idea but drawn out too long makes a good idea into a bad one

tanis_lionheart
07-27-2010, 07:30 AM
How did I miss this thread?

I need to learn out to spell.

gk94
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
the laughing baby one got a laugh from me but otherwise i didnt really laugh

Backmask
08-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Family Guy sound clips suck.

darkzi
08-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Well if anyone finds anything funny to that fits clannad i'm sure it will be done... i love clannad but have yet to find anything to do a clip to.....though the one thing could be funny...more then obvious clip....but where to get teh audio source....hmmm....but my brother is borrowin my dvd's so i don't really have the video source either unless i still got my subs...and can crop them out

as for the gunbuster clip (never seen the show) but that was one of the few taht made me smile - but as someone else mentioned i did get the hint of N**** Stole my bike.... or the good ol' brentalfloss mike tyson with lyrics video XD

if you get the mkv version they mostly when you convert them cuts the subs out; well I have winavi..5 finger discount version and it works that way

humnut
08-13-2010, 03:59 AM
if you get the mkv version they mostly when you convert them cuts the subs out; well I have winavi..5 finger discount version and it works that way

Well, I use FormatFactory, and that works pretty well with MKV files, but sometimes ill still have the subs, so then I just use mkvtoolnix and separate the video and audio from the subtitles. This makes a whole nother file, but I can convert it without the subs and then delete the extra file.

darkzi
08-13-2010, 04:24 AM
Well, I use FormatFactory, and that works pretty well with MKV files, but sometimes ill still have the subs, so then I just use mkvtoolnix and separate the video and audio from the subtitles. This makes a whole nother file, but I can convert it without the subs and then delete the extra file.

nifty now if I could make my avi's into a smaller avi cause avisyth wont work for my adobe since she is a lil...old..so sadly each time to make an upload to here I have to stick them into my psp converter which makes them really high quality just sadly smaller format but 80mb for a 10 clip or 4mb for a 10 sec clip

Shirker
08-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Family Guy sound clips suck.

Incorrect.

FG sound clips are incredibly over used, kind of like a certain anime that starts with an "E" and ends with a "-gelion".

Fortissimo
08-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh may be a goldmine, but I think the Abridged Series has most of the points covered. (Very late, I know, but just felt like pointing it out)

diamondsw
08-21-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm kind of stunned I never posted here before. But here goes - since I saw you really want comments from those of us who take freely of the comedy you give and provide nothing in return.

Overall I have to count myself in the "meh" group on this video. There were several segments that were just too damn long. When I look back on all of the AMV Hells (Mini and otherwise), I have a hard time thinking of long segments that match up to the quick, spittake-inducing, "what the hell was that?". Things like the classic Azumanga-"Heil Hitler!", Eva-Fat Albert-"Hey Hey Hey!", etc. They're laser focused on the comedy - either you get it and laugh out loud, or if you don't, it's gone and you're on to something else before it gets old.

AMV Mini 09 had a lot of problems in this area. A few that stood out:

The opening "Ouran High School Host Club" definitely overstayed its welcome. About 5-10 seconds in, I was thinking "okay, we got it, move on".
The "End of Eva"/Conan clip was much the same. Nice coordination of content, but it was just far too long to get more than a slight smile out of me.
The "Red Dwarf"/Tenchi one - same thing. That one was a two-time offender for me - not only was it long, but without extensive familiarity with Red Dwarf, I got absolutely nothing from it. I've seen Red Dwarf a few times - enough to recognize the source without credits - but not enough to get or care for the joke.
Death Note/Mr. Grinch. Meh, and way, way too long.

Things that were made of win:

The baby laughing synced to Ouran. I know nothing about Ouran, but DAMN that made me laugh. It was quick, unexpected, and just plain funny. :praise:
I was falling off the couch over the Thunderbirds/Eva segment. To me that was inspired, but I could also see it being extremely boring if you don't know the series.

Special Mention:

K-On! AMV - it's about damn time! :D

Like others, I feel there are a lot of things being excessively overused. For me, Family Guy sound clips, Evangelion, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach - unless it's truly inspired, they're all pretty old - the low hanging fruit has been gathered. Strangely, Azumanga and Lucky Star never seem to get old to me. Maybe it's the animation style, but they're uniquely suited to this format.

That brings me to my final semi-complaint - maybe just an observation. Sometimes the humor is lost entirely if you don't know either the anime or the audio. This is unavoidable in many cases, but I think the best clips tend to be those that require no external knowledge on the part of the viewer. Perhaps enhanced by it, but not required. For instance, I was completely lost by "Genie in a Bottle"/Code Geass until it was explained. The use of Liberty Prime's audio for the final clip was extremely unexpected and entertaining - for me, since I've played Fallout 3. It was probably also boring as hell for those who haven't played it.

Such clips certainly have the potential to be much funnier, since they have more background and material to skewer and have fun with. But the downside is you may be ignoring a large chunk of your audience in the process. It's definitely best if there are multiple layers - something there that everyone can get, and a deeper level that fans will be falling over laughing at. There have definitely been examples of this along the way, but none I could point to in AMV Mini 09.

At the same time, there have been cases (the old Haruhi/"What if God was One of Us" comes to mind) where the sheer "Huh?" factor have made me go out and check out a show that otherwise I wouldn't have. Thanks to AMV Hell, I've discovered Haruhi, Lucky Star, and several other shows over the years. It's invaluable to those of us who no longer have a large anime group around us (yes, I'm old now, dammit - get off my lawn).

There. You asked for it. ;)

darkzi
08-21-2010, 02:17 AM
though idk why people are saying this is the first of a k-on clip in it..there was one a few minis back using stairway to heaven
just checked and it was amvmini 4

Pain
09-28-2010, 06:00 PM
i loved the genie in the bootle amv^^

doublesbrian
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
the download link is broken now, does anyone possible have a mirror? :]

HalOfBorg
11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Here ya go.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4YEL167U

Zarxrax