HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
03-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Anyone here ever watch the Slender Man mytho's Marble Hornets? Also, share your favorite creepypasta here, if you have any.
http://i.imgur.com/2kvqv.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyOQvJgkOvQ&context=C40aa079ADvjVQa1PpcFPE1uxMgnZkom--e26jVTcFEhAEeRnR8CA=

Information on the Slender Man:

The Slender Man is an alleged paranormal figure purported to have been in existence for centuries, covering a large geographic area. Believers in the Slender Man tie his appearances in with many other legends around the world, including; Fear Dubh (or, The Dark Man) in Scotland, the Dutch Takkenmann (Branch Man), and the German legend of Der Großmann or Der Grosse Mann (the Tall Man).

Appearance:

One of the main issues facing Slender Man investigators in the fact that "his" appearance seems to be subjective, with reports varying largely from area to area. This is often put down to cultural bias, with the observer projecting his fears into the sighting and recollections being blurred. However, it is generally agreed that it's appearance is that of a pale, emaciated male figure, with an apparent height of between 7 and 9 feet tall. The figure is often described as wearing a black suit, although it seems to be a relatively recent addition to the mythology.

Appendages:

One of the more unusual aspects of the Slender Man's appearance is the description of additional appendages or limbs in reported sightings. witnesses have described these as being "a snaky arm," to rope-like in appearance. These appendages are apparently only visible under certain conditions; and can be used for mobility as well as, perhaps, weapons.

Historical References-

Brazilian Cave Paintings:

The earliest argued reference to the legend is within the cave paintings found in the Serr da Capivara National Park in the Northeast of Brazil, which are believed to date from as far back as 9000 BC. These paintings show a strangely elongated character leading a child by the hand, but make no reference to the extra appendages.

Egyptian Hieroglyphs:

The next known possible reference to the Slender Man comes from around 3100 BC in lower Egypt, with references to the "Thief of the Gods" or the "Thief of Kuk" becoming common place during the reign of Pharaoh Wazner. Hieroglyphic carvings representing the Thief were found in the pharaoh's tomb, who was rumored to have had some kind of encounter with the entity. The carvings resemble a strange figure with multiple upper limbs, one that has never been found in any other hieroglyph language.

German Woodcuts:

Renowned German woodcutter Hans Freckenberg created at least two woodcuts featuring a character

he described as Der Ritter (The Knight) during the mid-sixteenth century that were discovered in Halstberg Castle in 1883. Whilst Freckenberg was well-known for his realistic depiction of human anatomy - something that was unusual among woodcuts of the time - these pictures featured a skeletal, multi-limbed character. Historians are unsure of the exact symbolic nature of the character, with some claiming that it is a personification of the religious wars that raged in Europe at the time, while others say it represents the mysterious plagues that have been believed to be the reason for the mysterious abandoning of the Hastlberg Castle and the nearby village in 1543.

However, many insist that Freckenberg was attempting to represent "Der Großmann" (the Tall Man). According to lgend, he was a fairy ho lived in the Black Forest. Bad children who crept into the woods at night would be relentlessly chased by Der Großmann, who wouldn't leave them be until he either caught them or they were forced to tell their parents of their wrongdoing. Even then, there is a chillding account from an old journal, dating from about 1702:

"My child, my Lars… he is gone. Taken, from his bed. The only thing that we found was a scrap of black clothing. It feels like cotton, but it is softer… thicker. Lars came into my bedroom ysterday, screaming at the top of his lungs that "The angel is outside!" I asked him what he was talking about, and he told me some nonsense fairy story about Der Großmann. He said he went into the groves by our village and found one of my cows dead, hanging from a tree. I thought nothing of it at first… but now, he is gone. We must find Lars, and my family must leave before we are killed. I am sorry, my son… I should have listened. May God forgive me."

++Romanian Mythology:

There is also Romanian fairytale which tells the legend of the Tall Man, featuring this description which may have taken to refer to the Slender Man.

The tall man stoon in a clearing, dressed as a nobleman, all in black. Shadows lay over him, dark as a cloudy midnight. He had many arms, all long and boneless as snakes, all sharp as swords, and they writhed like worms on nails. He did not speak, but made his intentions know,

in the fairytale, the Tall Man causes a mother to kill her husband and child, before he slid from a fireplace and "clenched her in his burning embrace."

Selected 20th Century Appearances:

The number of Slender Man sightings has increased dramatically during the Twentieth Century. This is generally attributed to increased media coverage and access to news reports from around the globe. However, allegedly intercepted messages from an unknown source posted on an internet forum have brought forward two further hypotheses:

TO; OPTIC NERVE HQ
SUBJECT: RISING S MAN REPORTS
DATE: JUNE 16h 2009,
1234 hours Something Agent , from the Japanese field office, told me has been kicking my head for the past couple days. She said that maybe this thing isn't breeding… but these others are WAKING UP. That maybe these things have been hibernating for god knows how long and how they are up and feeding. It makes some kind of sense with the stories of this thing dating back to the Dark Ages of Europe and beyond that. That leaves the six million dollar question… If 's theory is true… how many of them are there?

Henderson Horse Farm Incident 1953

The Henderson Horse Farm, located outside Tryon in Polk County, NC, was situated on land owned by the Henderson family since the mid 1800s. By 1953, the farm was owned and run by Ted Wilcox Henderson (41 years old), Judi Henderson (wife, 36), and Tracy Henderson (daughter, 6). On the morning of June 15th, neighbors called local police complaining of hearing screams and the sounds of gun fire originating from the property.

Sherrif Clint Denterman and two deputies, Dan Parks and Chris Fine, arrived at the farm at 8:34 AM. They found that horses in the barn had been torn apart, "almost as if attacked by wild animals." Inside the main house, reports stated the presence of fresh blood throughout the living room, kitchen, and hallway.

Ted Wilcox Henderson was found in the bedroom, barricaded behind furniture. Next to him was the body of his wife, killed by a shotgun blast to the chest. Ted still had the weapon in his hands. Dan Parks was quoted as reporting:

"Ted had a freaked out, far off look in his eyes. He seemed to not realize that we were in the room. We asked what happened. Where was his daughter. But he didn't answer."

LawRayLiet
03-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Since when has Crispin Glover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIx7-YQOsxE) become creepypasta?

Haar
03-11-2012, 05:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgWPbnwsIeE&feature=player_embedded

Unlike the cutesy tunes put in though, the song on this cartoon was not a song at all, just a constant banging on a piano as if the keys for a minute and a half before going to white noise for the remainder of the film. It wasn’t the jolly old Mickey we’ve come to love either, Mickey wasn’t dancing, not even smiling, just kind of walking as if you or I were walking, with a normal facial expression, but for some reason his head tilted side to side as he kept this dismal look. Up until a year or two ago, everyone believed that after it cut to black and that was it. When Leonard Maltin was reviewing the cartoon to be put in the complete series, he decided it was too junk to be on the DVD, but wanted to have a digital copy due to the fact that it was a creation of Walt. When he had a digitized version up on his computer to look at the file, he noticed something. The cartoon was actually 9 minutes and 4 seconds long. This is what my source emailed to me, in full (he is a personal assistant of one of the higher executives at Disney, and acquaintance of Mr. Maltin himself)

“After it cut to black, it stayed like that until the 6th minute, before going back into Mickey walking. The sound was different this time. It was a murmur. It wasn’t a language, but more like a gurgled cry. As the noise got more indistinguishable and loud over the next minute, the picture began to get weird. The sidewalk started to go in directions that seemed impossible based on the physics of Mickeys walking. And the dismal face of the mouse was slowly curling into a smirk. On the 7th minute, the murmur turned into a bloodcurdling scream (the kind of scream painful to hear) and the picture was getting more obscure. Colors were happening that shouldn’t have been possible at the time. Mickey face began to fall apart. his eyes rolled on the bottom of his chin like two marbles in a fishbowl, and his curled smile was pointing upward on the left side of his face. The buildings became rubble floating in midair and the sidewalk was still impossibly navigating in warped directions, a few seeming inconcievable with what we, as humans, know about direction. Mr. Maltin got disturbed and left the room, sending an employee to finish the video and take notes of everything happening up until the last second, and afterward immediately store the disc of the cartoon into the vault. This distorted screaming lasted until 8 minutes and a few seconds in, and then it abruptly cuts to the mickey mouse face at the credits of the end of every video with what sounded like a broken music box playing in the backround. This happened for about 30 seconds, and whatever was in that remaining 30 seconds I heaven’t been able to get a sliver of information. From a security guard working under me who was making rounds outside of that room, I was told that after the last frame, the employee stumbled out of the room with pale skin saying “Real suffering is not known” 7 times before speedily taking the guards pistol and offing himself on the spot. The thing I could get out of Leonard Maltin was that the last frame was a piece of russian text that roughly said “the sights of hell bring its viewers back in”. As far as I know, no one else has seen it, but there have been dozens of attempts at getting the file on rapidshare by employees inside the studios, all of whom have been promptly terminated of their jobs. Whether it got online or not is up for debate, but if rumors serve me right, it’s online somewhere under “suicidemouse.avi”. If you ever find a copy of the film, I want you to never view it, and to contact me by phone immediately, regardless of the time. When a Disney Death is covered up as well as this, it means this has to be something huge.

Get back at me,

TR"

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
03-11-2012, 05:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MAxK4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tx5E2.jpg
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Squidward%27s_Suicide

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
08-05-2012, 04:34 PM
*bump

I just thought of something..What if Slender Man is just misunderstood? I found this and thought it was interesting. D< lol

1)He takes children from abusive homes/lives and by some supernatural means places them in another life, where they'll be happy, and the kids are none the wiser.

2)The puppet theory. Slendy is sort of like a demigod for children, he's the bog standard adult (black, boring suit and expressionless) given the ability to live forever with the purpose of watching over children. His long arms represent how he controls children like puppets, helping them make their choices and such. When a child makes a bad choice or breaks his plan, he comes for them, to take them away and give them a new job. Neither bad nor good, he works to ensure that children live as they are individually supposed to.

And a theory of him being evil:

3)Evil Slendy. A child abuser who sold his soul to the devil in order to spend his days pursuing and torturing children who make the mistake of getting lost or going out alone.

REVIVING MY DEAD THREAD! YEAH!!!

Kaiju
08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I view the Slenderman as an eldritchian horror much like the Cthulhu Mythos. It is not evil. It is not good. It's morality is so alien that mankind cannot comprehend it or it's existence. It operates by a different set of standards than anything else known in existence. Applying 'good', 'evil' or 'child guardian' traits to it is pointless, it's pointless romanticization of a creature that is incomprehensible, and thats why he's terrifying. It is something that cannot be bargained or reasoned with. It is something who SHOULD NOT be able to exist in the human mind. It is everywhere and yet it is no where. It's existence exerts a WRONGNESS to those who witness it, a WRONGNESS the human mind cannot wrap it's mind around in turn results in paranoia and insanity.
To me, trying to romanticize it as a moe hero of children is almost as bad as turning Nyarlathotep or Cthugha into a moe loli archetypes.
On theory I have seen is that the Slenderman is the "Nyarlathotep" (to continue to the Cthulhu Mythos analogy) to ZALGO's "Azathoth", or similar connection.

As for Internet Horror I've been getting into...let me introduce...The SCP-Foundation:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/
http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/scp-173/SCP-173.jpg
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/scp-682/monster8editub9.jpg
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682
http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Now it's time for me to applaud you Sir Kaiju
http://rgifs.gifbin.com/1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif
Everybody will always have their own theories on these types of subjects. There's are TONS of theories on the Slender Man, one being "How does he eat?" I actually found this earlier and thought it could be plausible, but we could all be wrong lol

How Slenderman Eats-

First off, it's not an easy task to get a victim. This could take months, even years to finally get his meal, which I suppose could explain the slender proportions. I'm also assuming his metabolism is extremely slow, to be able to support this kind of body.

While he may physically consume people, his ritual to do so (will be explained in a moment) takes a considerable amount of time, enough time for someone to easily run away. So he stalks his victims. He stalks them relentlessly and endlessly. Only until a person has had enough, has been so mentally drained and is so unfit for society, does that person willingly cooperate. Sometimes, if he's in between urges for sustenance, he'll use that person and take them in as a pawn, or someone to protect his connection to space (as mentioned in my other theory), but if this particular prey is only for food, then he'll just eat them.

Once a person is sufficiently ready for their demise, embracing death, looking forward to something other than this hell on Earth provided by Slenderman himself, Slenderman will take him to the woods, I like to think to his connection point, his home base so to speak. The person won't run, they won't move. They might get scared, but they won't escape. He has too great a hold on them.

Now things get physical.

I like to imagine that Slenderman's skin is paper thin, almost that of an elderly person, although not nearly as saggy. On the contrary, it would be much, much tighter. I like to believe Slenderman does have a mouth, it is just hidden under his skin. So Slenderman opens his mouth, and while the skin is still over it, you see an indentation of where it obviously will be. Once he opens his mouth as far as he can, he rips his own skin over his mouth with his "claws" until both hands have a firm grip on the bottom of his mouth. He then pulls down, dislocating his own jaw (which I'd imagine would be painful for him). It would just hang there for the duration of the ritual.
Then he'd just lean down and swallow the person, his mouth/esophagus crushing the body, in I'd assume a relatively quick fashion. He probably has some sort of teeth, although they are further back, in his throat and down is esophagus due to him not being able to chew because he dislocated his jaw.
So basically, I imagine he eats like a snake with teeth in its throat.

This could also explain why Slenderman (or men, whichever you prefer) prey on children so often. They aren't able to defend themselves mentally as well as an adult, therefore they would be quicker food. They're also smaller, therefore easier to consume, albeit he would need to eat much quicker than if he ate a full grown adult.

Slender Man and many other humanoid like creatures and unearthly creatures will always be theorized, Our minds cannot comprehend such things so our mind, thinking logically, tries to make an explanation for the illogical. Also, gonna check out that site, looks interesting c:

bloodlover1987
08-05-2012, 05:04 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/080/053/adf87a1283162881610.jpg

Kaiju
08-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Experiment Log T-98816-OC108/682
(http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682)
Item: SCP-826 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-826), equipped with one (1) copy of "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Can And Will Kill SCP-682 Permanently if it So Much As Spots That Damn Lizard", a 12-page short story written by Dr. ██████, detailing a large, friendly monster that is stated to be capable of permanently killing SCP-682, and 1 (one) D-Class personnel (D-682-32) equipped with 1 (one) 2010 Ducati Multistrada motorcycle for the purpose of evading SCP-682.

Tissue Test Record:
N/A

Termination Test Record:
Story is put between SCP-826, and placed into large, empty room ██m X ██m X ██m in dimension, with a remotely operated doorway large enough to send SCP-682 through. SCP-682 is brought in front of the entryway securely. Once researchers clear the area, door is remotely opened, exposing a green pasture similar to the one described in the story. SCP-682 is reluctant to go through, so D-682-32 is sent through as "Bait". 682 follows through doorway, whereupon the doorway closes behind them. 30 minutes later, SCP-682 bursts back through the door it was sent through, somewhat worse for wear, killing ██ researchers and ██ agents in the process. Recovery personnel describe the story's pasture as having become a "Battleground", featuring impact craters with enormous body parts scattered around. Parts are thought to be from the story's "Thing". Recovered story is retitled "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Tried To Kill SCP-682 Permanently But Failed" , and is noticeably thicker, with 209 individual pages that detail an epic battle between the two monsters.

Additional attempts to coax SCP-682 into SCP-826 have been met with non-compliance on SCP-682's part.

-----

Item: One ordinary human child

Tissue Test Record:
n/a

Termination Test Record:
Child began to scream and cry when SCP-682 was introduced into the cell. Subject was immediately and messily devoured by SCP-682.

Notes: Okay, so that didn't work so well. Maybe the fact that the kid was crying made 682 perceive it as hostile intent… Guest Researcher Dr. W

-------------

Item: One ordinary human child, drugged to cancel extreme emotional reaction

Tissue Test Record:
n/a

Termination Test Record:
Child stood and smiled, giggling at SCP-682 with no sign of fear. SCP-682 devoured the subject messily.

Notes: Hmmm… maybe we can try that again. I'm sure somewhere out there there's a kid who'll make friends with it like SCP-053 did… Guest Researcher Dr. W

---------

Item: Guest Researcher Dr. W

Tissue Test Record:
n/a

Termination Test Record:
Subject screamed in terror and pounded on the door to the test facility, begging to be let out. SCP-682 devoured it messily three minutes after being introduced.

Notes: ****ing sadistic asshole. I've got no sympathy for that moron whatsoever. Introducing children to this ****ing monster? What the hell… Assistant Director Clef

bloodlover1987
08-05-2012, 05:11 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0Gx6WI3B4wM/0.jpg

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
08-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Preview of the “Slender” Comic by Christopher J. Mcmillen
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/226599_211669102190458_4081637_n.jpg
art style kinda looks odd...But excited for this nonetheless

Kaiju
08-05-2012, 05:16 PM
-------
Item: Dr. Clef

Tissue Test Record:
N/A

Termination Test Record:
SCP-682 introduced to testing area. Dr. Clef introduced to testing area. Dr. Clef and SCP-682 stare at each other for approximately three minutes. Dr. Clef slowly backs out of the testing area as SCP-682 continues to stare. Dr. Clef attempts to open door of testing area. Door of testing area determined to be locked. Dr. Clef reportedly uses several loud expletives, and then attaches an unknown device to the door, keeping his eyes on SCP-682 the whole time. SCP-682 continues to stare. Dr. Clef detonates a small plastic explosive charge on the door, causing a containment breach. SCP-682 continues to stare. Dr. Clef engages emergency secondary lockdown doors and declares a partial containment situation. SCP-682 does not react. Dr. Clef proceeds to experiment observation center.

Two minutes later, SCP-682 somehow kills Dr. ███████, the project head, by broken neck caused by blunt force trauma against the control panel, despite remaining in the testing area.

Notes: This is the official story and we're sticking to it. The alternative, that someone tried to murder Dr. Clef by deliberately putting him in the same room as SCP-682, is completely inconceivable. O5-7

---------
Item: SCP-662 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-662)

Tissue Test Record:
N/A

Termination Test Record:
Mr. Deeds is summoned, and asked if he can destroy SCP-682 permanently.

Mr. Deeds' response: "I'm terribly sorry, sir, I'm afraid I can't."

Mr. Deeds is asked if he can kill SCP-682.

Mr. Deeds' response: "Again, sir, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I can't."

Mr. Deeds is asked if he can incapacitate SCP-682.

Mr. Deeds' response: "As a matter of fact… depending on how sir means the word 'incapacitate', and depending on how long sir wishes the creature to be incapacitated… yes."

Mr. Deeds is asked to expand on how he would perform such an action.

Mr. Deeds' response: "Sir, the simplest and quickest method — which I must point out would not be the most efficient — would be for me to offer myself up for the creature to devour me; certainly its offensive capacities would be lessened whilst it is occupied in consuming my flesh. This would be simplest as it requires no preparation on my part, sir, but I'm certain you'll understand that the overall effect on the creature would be insignificant. Were I to engage the creature in combat, either with or without weapons, I could certainly occupy its attention and offensive capacities for a longer interval; unfortunately, I'm afraid the creature would eventually defeat me, at which point it would begin consuming my flesh as I have previously described. However, I could certainly booby-trap my person with a variety of noxious substances - soporifics, perhaps, or explosives, or perhaps encapsulated neurotoxins, or even [REDACTED], so that when the creature does inevitably consume me, it sustains further damage. That said, sir, I must remind you that the creature's tendency towards regeneration means that any damage I inflict would be sadly temporary."

Mr. Deeds is thanked and dismissed.

Note: Mr. Deeds' knowledge of [REDACTED] is not to be considered a security breach.

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
08-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Here's my favorite webcomic series called PastaMonsters, I love her style of drawing

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/193/6/3/001_by_xcomickittyx-d3l4xzl.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/193/1/8/003_by_xcomickittyx-d3liwf3.png
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/192/d/b/004_by_xcomickittyx-d3lmhcv.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/192/b/c/005_by_xcomickittyx-d3n2fq4.png
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/192/b/8/006_by_xcomickittyx-d3n5w7j.jpg
Def check out the series, here's her DA: http://xcomickittyx.deviantart.com/

D< ~♥

Kaiju
08-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Another popular SCP page:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087

ThePsychoGamer