Junk4u
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello, this is my first attempt at making an AMV, and I'm using the song GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일). There are probably already dozens of AMV using that song, but I thought I would try one myself.

Let me know what you guys think, if it's good or not, what you think I should have done differently; as said this is my first attempt so please be nice.

Here's the video:

http://youtu.be/6V87HwUBwg4

The animes used, in order of appearance, are:

Lucky Star
Azumanga Daioh
Haruhi Suzumiya
Rosario + Vampire Capu 2
Panty and Stocking with Garderbelt

N.P.C.C.
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM
- Next time, try to find a raw version of the op (without the credits) if you must use footage of it.

- If this is your first try, i must say i'm actually kinda impressed for the simple reason that you were editing to the beat almost perfectly here. Sure, i was spotting parts that i didn't agree with as far as placement but parts such as 1:09 -1:10 show you had some thought while making this and it wasn't a slap job. That made looking at what should have been an uninspired experience fairly entertaining.

-No subtitles......A HUGE plus in my book.

- Ending was nicely done. Again, solid editing with the beat at 3:38. It's a easily passable effort for someone who chose to start out using a song popular (giving me a bad impression) but i was surprised. Keep at it. I think you got potential.

Corpsey
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
The song just isn't AMV material, in my opinion.

Junk4u
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
In truth, I never planned on making an AMV, but while listening to the song, the thought of Lucky Star came to mind, and so I had to play a little, and it was fun so I decided to do the whole song.

Guthix
10-29-2012, 05:40 AM
needs some affects

SleeplessPanda
10-29-2012, 06:28 AM
I saw "Gangnam Style" then "first attempt at making an AMV" and I expected the worst, but that was enjoyable, much much better than most people do their first time making an AMV. I've seen most of those scenes over and over again but you made this feel fresh.

DTi-Rebecca
10-29-2012, 08:10 AM
That was... the awesomest amv i've seen in a while.... very noice bru!:D

Outlaw
10-30-2012, 06:58 AM
If you're going to do a popular song with catchy lyrics, beat or dance then you need to focus on one of them. This was nicely made, but.. so very boring to me. No lip synching, only a couple of bits we're even close to the actual dance, but you did do good with the beat, but then again, it wasn't the entire focus.

Marbil
10-30-2012, 02:00 PM
For a first timer this amv was very good in my eyes. Most first timer usually suck balls but this one was quite catchy. The timing in the dance was good and I think I saw some lipsync too.
The only thing I didnt like was that you used some scenes more than once in the amv, but thats not a big deal.
Good job!^^