Doomimus
09-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Whew! Took long enough.

Take on as many or as few clips as you'd like. Discuss weak and strong points.

animemental1
09-18-2010, 02:20 PM
We need another bad stuff episode. Period.

Doomimus
09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Care to elaborate? T'anks.

jinzo64
09-18-2010, 07:37 PM
i think he means we need a bad stufff episode 2.
not sure what would be in it.
bad stuff i guess like the first one.

Doomimus
09-18-2010, 08:06 PM
In that case, let's elaborate on what the strong points were in X2 and why. That should give us ideas for a new Bad Stuff episode.

animemental1
09-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Everyone liked it. That was possibly everyone's favorite episode out of Season 1. Plus, without the usual PG-13 rule, people could make a lot more clips. And some were twice as funny than the original clips in the normal series (Your Hellsing clip was grade A material).

Doomimus
09-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Thank you again. :) What did you guys think of the other episodes? What were the strong clips and why?

Shirker
09-19-2010, 12:24 AM
I missed these. I always found it interesting to see everyone's insight on the episodes.
Well, since there were sooooo many clips to choose from, I'm just gonna elaborate on the 3 best and 3 worst. It'll be a bit tl;dr, so I'm gonna do 8 and 9 now and 10 and x2 later.

AMV Minis 8 (I really loved this one, so it's gonna be pretty difficult)
Best
TROGDOOOOOORRR - I really liked this one. I know the idea has been done before, but i saw it as more of an homage or revamp than a straight repeat of an idea. Think about it. The first version was a funny clip about Trogdor the Burnanator using intentionally poorly edited Spirited Away footage. This one was more like "Trogdor Returns: Bigger, Better and more Badass!" Maybe I'm overthinkin' it, but yeah, that's why I found that clip to be one of my favorites ever.

"Bloody Mole!!!" - This one's an instant classic. Well done edit with great quality footage with a parallel I'm sure not many people would've drawn. Gal (my mistake) gets extra props cuz, apparently, she used WMM to make it, too. From experience, let me tell you: that deserves a metal.

"Long live the King" - Close to the above critique, except the quality wasn't as good. Great clip that takes a tragic, gut-wrenching scene from a classic movie, and turns it into something pretty hilarious. Nice.

Worst (The following I didn't think were that bad, but someone needs to be cannon fodder, damn it.)
"Gurren PAWNCH" - While the joke itself has actually never, ever been used in a Hell/Mini to the best of my knowledge, the premise is pretty outdated. Funny by itself, but most hold the Hell series to a higher standard soooo....

Smooth Hypnotist - Same as above. New idea (Hell wise), tired premise. Also, near the end, the editing wasn't the best.

Who Let the Ninja Dogs out!" - Someone else pointed out why this wasn't all that good perfectly [EDIT - It was Tazuno]. He/she pointed out that, while it was a decent parallel (Kakashi let the dogs out... via scroll.), the dogs weren't really doing anything funny... just... standing there.

AMV Minis 9
Best
"Best Brothers Forever" - I get the impression not many liked this clip. Not sure why, when it's pretty fitting. It was the perfect song to go with Hikaru and Kauru's loveable (and questionable) antics. And it was pretty well edited to boot. It was a great way to start off the video.

"N--ga Stole mah Bike" - Simply hilarious, for obvious reasons. I wonder what the original context of that scene was.

"The Truth About Dolphins" - This is an example of the perfect lip sync video. The audio and video goes together like peanut butter and jelly. The syncing, the expressions on the characters' faces and the tone of voice the character in the audio uses all just fits perfectly together like a puzzle. Kinda helps both K-On and Glee are basically about music, too.

Worst
"...Then to hell with them" - I just did not get this joke, which is probably unfair to the editor (cuz just because I'm out of the loop doesn't mean it's bad). I was confused and waiting for something to happen the entire clip... then it was over. Even if I was well versed in Conan, the lip syncing was a bit off and the scenes repeated themselves too much.

"How the Grinch Murdered All Non-Believers" - It was a good premise, but the potential is wasted. If memory serves, I think Abyssion pointed it out best. He wasn't really doing anything but looking mean. If you're gonna have this song matched with that anime, for the love of Lucy, have him doing something evil.

"Evangelion Jr." - Another good premise, and it was actually pretty funny, but it overstayed its welcome. Cut to half or 2/3 the time and it would've been perfect.

I'll finish up later.

Tazuto
09-19-2010, 01:08 AM
btw shirker that was me that said that about the dogs clip

but i think there were many good clips in 8-9-10, a few i didnt understand but the really funny ones made up for it. also i thought my boob clips(robot chicken and zero punctuation) were quite funny as well, but since the second one(ZP) was used so soon(the one in X2)after the first one it wasnt as funny

X2 was positivily the funniest one yet, i think there should be anothr bad stuff episode, but after we do a different special episode

Backmask
09-19-2010, 03:58 AM
It would be nice if we could have stricter rules for video clips. I would also like to see less sound clips. One or two sound clips a video is fine, but when there is more than three, and the sound clips are from some television show that every one has seen, then the whole collaboration is just boring.

Sherby
09-19-2010, 03:58 AM
"Bloody Mole!!!" - This one's an instant classic. Well done edit with great quality footage with a parallel I'm sure not many people would've drawn. Guy gets extra props cuz, apparently, he used WMM to make it, too. From experience, let me tell you: the guy deserves a metal.

I was the one who made that clip. C:
1. I'm a girl. lol
2. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it so much!

Anyway, here's my contribution (even though it may not really matter):

AMV Minis 9

I cracked up when I saw the "Best Brothers Forever" clip, because it fit so ridiculously well with Kaoru and Hikaru.

I thought the "Eva Jr." clip was awesome too, since, again, it fit so well. The editing could've been a bit better, though.

At first, I didn't think the "Genie in a Bottle" clip with Code Geass was done well. But, it kind of grew on me. The song does really fit C.C., but I feel the editing was a bit poor.

The "Songs with Girl Names" clip had a good idea, but it wasn't executed well. Light and that other guy who was there (don't know his name. xD) kind of killed it for me.

AMV Minis 10

My personal favorites from this were the "Jizzed in my Pants" clip with Azumanga and the "Anime Boobs" clip. They fit well, were nicely edited, and generally hilarious.

The "HSotD/300" clip used an old joke, but I like how it was used, since it paralleled 300 so much. The lip synching could have been more smooth, but I can understand why, considering the original scene.

The "Gay Fish" clip with Samurai Champloo wasn't funny to me. The original audio was funny in South Park, but I didn't get how that tied in with the anime.

Backmask
09-19-2010, 04:15 AM
I was pretty perplexed with the South Park/ Samurai Champloo scene as well. I do remember a scene in Samurai Champloo that had Jin trying to catch a fish, though.

animemental1
09-19-2010, 02:36 PM
My Top 5

Minis 08

1. Death Note - Medicine Ball (Great way to finish off the episode. Plus, it fits Light well.)
2. Haruhi - Austin Powers in Goldmember (This one fits the scene pretty well too. Plus, IT'S AUSTIN POWERS, BA~BY~!)
3. Gurren Lagann - Eat It (As a fan of both Weird Al & TTGL, I liked this clip. And the facial expressions fit well.)
4. SSBB - Trogdor [Metal Version] (Do I have to explain...)
5. Slayers - Lion King (It's like what Shirker said about the Code Geass - Family Guy clip in Minis 05. Those two clips were made for each other.)

Minis 09

1. Azumanga Daioh - "I went into my office..." (Totally sounds like something Tomo would say.)
2. Bleach - Spongebob (This meme has been overused MANY times, but I liked this clip a lot more than all the other parodies of it.)
3. Various - Family Guy (This was one of the better Family Guy clips in my opinion. The only reason why this was #3 on the list is because they should've used someone else besides Light for Stewie. Maybe that purple-haired kid from Abenobashi. (I think Satoshi was his name.))
4. Death Note - How the Grinch Stole Christmas (I liked it. I just liked it, that's all.)
5. Evangelion - Music from Credits of some random show (I liked it, but I feel like I'll never get the joke.)

Minis 10

1. K-ON!! - Legend of Zelda theme (A cute loli with the skills of a Dragonforce guitarist...I wish I had one for a girlfriend.)
2. Azumanga Daioh -Jizz in my Pants (This one made me smile. It's just that funny.)
3. Lucky Star - Yukiko-san (This one made me smile too.)
4. Various - Robot Chicken (Um...let's just say this was funny. *cleans up keyboard*)
5. Mitsudomoe - Robot Chicken (Hilarious. I rest my case.)

Honorable Mention: Gurren Lagann - Invader Zim (IZ still creeps me out to this day, but this was nice to watch.)

Minis X2 (The list has changed since the last time I posted it)

1. Hellsing Ultimate - Twilight (****ing genius. No other words necessary.)
2. Dokuro-chan - Brutal Legend (Short & funny. I literally died laughing the first time I saw this.)
3. Dead Leaves - s-CRY-ed (I loved this clip. The words match up to it PERFECTLY. {The scenes, not the lip syncing.} Visual innuendos FTW.)
4. Bleach - Robot Chicken (*insert what I said about the "Dokuro-chan - Brutal Legend" clip here*)
5. Trigun - Sax Man (I just like it. That's all.)

Honorable Mentions: Puni Puni Poemy - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Azumanga - Kill Bill, & Higurashi - Necro Critic (All were very well done.)

Ranma
09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
"Long live the King" - Close to the above critique, except the quality wasn't as good. Great clip that takes a tragic, gut-wrenching scene from a classic movie, and turns it into something pretty hilarious. Nice.

My Top 5

5. Slayers - Lion King (It's like what Shirker said about the Code Geass - Family Guy clip in Minis 05. Those two clips were made for each other.)

....Wow i'm Glad people like that clip.....:) as for the quality i had a hard time trying to make it look good for some reason :( - but since i was watching slayers at the time, and i had t make sure i searched to make sur enobody else had done it cause it just seemed to good to not have bee done.

I'm Glad you guys enjoyed it.

This clip also got into HELL 5 - so i really wish i could have been at the premiere to see how it was received by the audience.

...i also have 1 other Slayers clip in HELL 5 that i was also surprised nobody had done... but i guess considering the shows age - any one that had already seen it - probably forgot about it.

i will respond later with the ones i liked and didn't like as much

animemental1
09-20-2010, 01:01 AM
We need to make a thread like this for the Hell series (maybe including 5).

jinzo64
09-20-2010, 01:08 AM
sounds good you can have the honor of starting them.

animemental1
09-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Woohoo!

Shirker
09-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Finishing up mah Critique

AMV Minis 10
Best
"Legend of K-On" - A pretty well edited clip, and i really liked the windmill at the end, which really fit that particular part of the song. Oddly, it reminded me of Scott Pilgrim....

"Testicle Attack Number 49!!!!" - I just really, really like this audio, and I'm glad it made it into a Minis. Editing was good, and the length was perfect. Just long enough for the humor to punch you in the face, them BAM! It's gone.

"My Drill Will 'Take On' the Heavens" - I shouldn't have to explain why this one was so good.

Worst
"KIRA PAWNCH - I felt the same about this clip as I did with Gurren/Punch from #8, except now I have a worse impression of it, cuz by now, it has be in a Hell series.

"Feelin' Lucky?" - That's right. I'm putting my own clip in the "worst" section of the critique. Why? Hindsight. I'm still very proud of the editing and lip syncing, but let's face it: It was kinda boring.

"Soul Eating Baby (Redundant title FTW)" - I thought lip syncing a character, whom I'm sure doesn't talk at all, was clever, but the punchline was hella weak.

AMV X2 - Bad Stuff
Best
"Ol' Aki's Man-gina - Kripes this one hits my funny bone for some reason. I don't feel like explaining why I like it again, so here's a post I made about it (http://amvhell.com/showpost.php?p=157138&postcount=39)

"The Exploding Saxman" - Here's one I have no idea why I like it so much. I guess the notion of Vash trying to have a climactic battle while the Saxophonist is muckin' up his part is funny. Then the sax explodes, after which Vash continues to tell him to stop being such a prick. It has just enough dashes of WTF to keep it going I guess.

"A tribute to Edward" - It's wierd. At first I didn't really like this one due to the use of live action. Plus I've never been one for Twilight bashing (I don't like the series, I just think the haters are just as annoying as the spazzes.). But after a few watches, I have to say the akward vocals of the audio mixed with the soft piano and added to scenes of gratuitous violence just... works. Plus the enthusiastic look on Seras's face on "I have more!" is just priceless. Good way to end an episode.

Honorable Mention
"The Little Eggs" - I. Did. Not. Get. This. Joke. However, this is one of those clips that can get away with not being that funny because of how well it's put together. The whimsical, techno-esque feel of the song fits the anime well, and the timing on the scene scene cuts was epic.

Worst
"Lucy's Disappearing Pen Magic Trick" - Now, everything about this was perfect on paper. The audio and video went together really well, and it's not something I feel many would've come up with. However, like my Dirty Harry clip, while the idea was good on paper, the execution left it feeling quite awkward.

"Nyu's Circle Dots - I'm not sure if this was supposed to be lip synced, but if it was it was bad. Plus, something about this song makes me want to punch orphans. I can't find anything I liked about it.

"BOOBS!!!" - Heh, sorry Tazuno. I personally think Yatzee's mammary-meltdown will never get old (especially with all the boobtastic anime out there), but the clip wasn't well received, not only cuz of a similar joke in Minis 10, but also because the exact same audio was used in one of the "0" Hells.

amb4manga
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Nice idea, but I don't critique on X-2 (or X-1); just episodes 8 through 10. Here's part 1!

Episode 8:

OHSHC / Super Soak: It's an excellent start. Kinda hilarious thoroughly!

Nyan Koi! / South Park: This clip maybe annoying, but it's actually funny. "Meow!"

Gurren Lagann / Falcon Punch: Wow! An Internet meme! I would say that it's fantastic.

SSBB / Trogdor (Metal Version): Nothing to say this one, but well done.

MAR / Family Guy: That "Ball in a Cup" was a fake idea; however, the humor is amazing.

Claymore / Maybe I'm a Lion: A familiar song from Hell 4, but this version is much better than the other with execution and dramatic-feel.

School Days / Robot Chicken: This clip actually work! When taking one of the best clips from Robot Chicken, it has to be hilarious without a doubt.

Naruto / Who Let the Dogs Out: No surprise! Kinda funny at best.

Hellsing: Order / The Fifth Element: Well executed for this clip. Good job!

Princess Tutu / Left 4 Dead 2: I have to say it, but this clip is one the best so far.

Excel Saga / Hot N Cold: The quality seems poor, but the timing is great and well-made.

One Piece / Smooth Criminal: In honor of Michael Jackson himself, this clip is excellent at best.

Slayers Next / The Lion King: Wow! This clip is both hilarious and dramatic at the same time.

Zero No Tsukaima / Macross Frontier: I don't pronounce the name of the anime, not the sound clip. For this one, it's kinda funny and shocking.

Gurren Lagann / Eat It: It's actually hilarious a lot, especially at the end part.

Tower of Druaga / The Tick: "Spoon!" Well, spoon? OK!? The sound clip is very poor, but the humor itself is wonderful.

K:TMD / Street Fighter 4 & DBZ: Two sound clips are FTW. Definitely better than the "Falcon Punch" sound clip.

Death Note / Medicine Ball: I like this song, so as this clip. It's well-made and very dramatic.

One clip I don't like:

Clip 13: Bloody mole? I don't understand the mole on her breast; it's not the humor that I really want.

Overall, this is actually better than the first four Minis and Minis 7. Many clips are very good and the opposite of Minis 5. I will do part 2 later on when I will critique on AMV Minis 9.

amb4manga
09-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Here's part 2!

Episode 9:

OHSHC / We're Brothers Forever Dance Remix: The song is harmless, but this clip is actually funny.

Azumanga Daioh / The Waterboy: Although the timing for the glass cracking is a misleading (or missing), this one is very acceptable; especially the last part is hilarious.

Code Geass / Genie in a Bottle: It's very dramatic and emotionally well done, nothing more to say.

Bleach / SpongeBob SquarePants: That one is an excellent humor.

Excel Saga / Going Under: It's another dramatic clip, but it's actually funny.

Tenchi Muyo / Red Dwarf: Sure! This clip is confusing, but seconds later the humor got my attention. Thankfully, it works!

Evangelion / The End, Albuquerque: The first sound clip did the right timing, and then the second one is laughable.

Various / Family Guy: Just like the "New Sensation" clip from Minis 4, this is also a fun clip. Showing many girls are excellent; the part at the end is hilarious (censor a F-word thank you).

OHSHC / SMA Commercial: I don't know what SMA stands for, but who cares. As for this clip, I definitely laugh a lot because of the sound clip.

AFtT! Gunbuster / Punch-Out!! Training Theme: I'm not thinking about "Stole My Bike". This clip is powerful dramatic and well-made at its best. Great job!

K-On / Glee: It's very logical, and that line from Glee is very memorable. Wonderful!

Evangelion / Thunderbirds Opening Theme: This clip is well-edited to the classic TV shows, and the last part is an extraordinary humor.

Death Note / Mr. Grinch: Oh yes! One of the best villain songs just got better with laughter and dramatic.

Heroman / Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix), Fallout 3: This is actually the best clip so far. The actually sound clip of Fallout 3 is the highlight for Heroman (Speech For Communism).

Other clips that I don't like:

Clip 5: Whoa! That clip is too long, and the rest doesn't quite right. Sorry!

Clip 15: Just like the last clip from Minis 6, it's also very annoying but way too obvious. Well, I'm tired of using sound clips from preschool shows because it ruins my childhood memories.

Overall, Minis 9 is great but not better than Minis 8. With only a few flaws, many clips are still looking better and hopefully my expectations to see something more. I will do the last part later on as I will critique on AMV Minis 10 (the last one?).

hosokawa37
09-23-2010, 03:43 AM
Heres my top 5 from each (no explanations included)

top 5 AMV Minis 8:
1. Haruhi - Goldmember (mole)
2. MAR - Family Guy
3. Excel - hot/cold
4. Death Note - Eminem
5. One Piece - Smooth Criminal

top 5 AMV Minis 9:
1. Bleach - Spongebob (chocolate!!)
2. Azumanga Daioh - Waterboy
3. K-ON! - Glee (gay sharks)
4. NGE - Nick Jr. face
5. Code Geass - Genie in a Bottle

top 5 AMV Minis 10:
1. K-ON! - Legend of Zelda
2. HSotD - 300
3. Naruto Shippuden - Legend of Dragoon commercial
4. Gurren Lagaan - Spiderman
5. Azumanga Daioh - Jizz in My Pants

top 5 AMV Minis X2:
1. Grenadiar - Family Guy
2. Bleach - Robot Chicken
3. Dead Leaves - S-Cry-Ed
4. Haruhi - Videodrome
5. Hellsing - Twilight

amb4manga
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Here's the third and final part of Episode 8 through 10.

Episode 10:

Gurren Lagann / Spider-Man Theme: A giant robot seems to be act like a superhero. Anyway, excellent job!

High School of the Dead / 300: If the clip from Hell 4 was hilarious, this one delivers. Definitely a new anime I have never seen.

Hare+Guu / Maneater: The whole chorus of that song is terrifying and brilliant. As for this clip, that's marvelous.

Death Note / SSB (Falcon Punch): A background audio does have support for the sound clip. The timing is perfect and executed. Great job!

Evangelion / Re: Your Brians: This clip is very dramatic and hilarious ending.

Gunslinger Girl / Dirty Harry: This one is kinda funny and well-thought idea. I never see a man voice with a girl talking.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM / (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar: I thought this clip didn't exist, but then again it actually stunning.

Gurren Lagann / Invader Zim: Wow! This one looks awesome and nearly perfect timing.

Death Note / Psychedelic: This clip seems repetitive, but the song and timing work very well.

Samurai Champloo / South Park: These jokes are funny, and it got my attention.

Azumanga Daioh / Jizz in My Pants: Definitely, the best clip so far. This Azumanga Daioh clip never let me down with a single humor.

Ponyo / Army of Darkness: Very surprise at the end. This clip starts out slow, and towards the end it is hilarious.

K-On / Legend of Zelda Overworld Theme (Rock Version): The timing is genius and perfection. No wonder that Zelda Theme song is such popular to this day.

Mitsudomoe / Robot Chicken: This clip have no doubt with short chuckle. Number 49 FTW!

Lucky Star / Yukiko-san: I found that this clip is disturbing, but it's still hilarious more and more.

Various / Robot Chicken: Much like Minis 4 and 9, this is a fun clip. Showing girls with breast is creepy, but the rest are excellent.

Gurren Lagann The Second Movie / Take on Me: I like this song, so as this clip. The timing is almost perfect, and it's pretty good.

Naruto Shippuden / Legend of Dragoon Commercial: This is also the best clip so far. Taking a classic commercial with this anime, and it delivers with dramatic and hilarious ending.

Overall, Minis 10 is the best of the series to date; consider it the complete opposite of Minis 5. While the first four Minis are my favorite, the last five Minis (including this one) are improve overall despite from major to minor flaws. Remember, I don't critique on X-1 and X-2, only the main series itself. Hopefully, AMV Minis 11 is what I'm look forward to if this is the season finale. Meanwhile, I waiting for AMV Hell 5 download very soon as it ready. Thanks for my time!

kapparomeo
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Minis 09

5. Evangelion - Music from Credits of some random show (I liked it, but I feel like I'll never get the joke.)

animemental1, are you seriously telling me you've never seen anything to do with Thunderbirds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDX5Mlz46Vg)? Good grief. I'm only 23 and already people are making me feel like a crusty old fart... :(

This clip is intended to be a parody of the opening sequence to the show - the relevant segment begins at 0:32 in that YouTube video I've linked (I even kept the silhouettes the same colour). Like the Traceys of International Rescue, NERV acts like one big family... a twisted and dysfunctional one!

animemental1
10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Well, I get half the joke. I get how the text matches up to their character. I've just never seen or heard of Thunderbirds, which is why I said I didn't get the joke. I'm 15, for god's sake, I'm 8 years stupider than you.

kapparomeo
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Well, you ought to brush up on your classics, young whippersnapper. :p

Questions about sources aside, thanks for enjoying the clip, it's much appreciated.

FORDboy357
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
5. Trigun - Sax Man (I just like it. That's all.)

Finishing up mah Critique

"The Exploding Saxman" - Here's one I have no idea why I like it so much. I guess the notion of Vash trying to have a climactic battle while the Saxophonist is muckin' up his part is funny. Then the sax explodes, after which Vash continues to tell him to stop being such a prick. It has just enough dashes of WTF to keep it going I guess.

Thank you kind sirs!

humnut
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
2. Dokuro-chan - Brutal Legend (Short & funny. I literally died laughing the first time I saw this.)

Thanks! ^_^, always like to hear what I made was funny! I'll do a critique later, it's about 7:30 in the morning where I am and I am dead tired.

synbad2
10-21-2010, 02:18 AM
My Top 5

3. Gurren Lagann - Eat It (As a fan of both Weird Al & TTGL, I liked this clip.

Thanks I really tried on that one

Gurren Lagann / Spider-Man Theme: A giant robot seems to be act like a superhero. Anyway, excellent job!

That was my last one for a while... Computer broke down less then a week later...:mad: