izumiyagami
03-01-2013, 04:06 AM
I am starting a open game/animation community and looking for beginner artists, animators, writers and game designers. Everything made will be released for free, unless people want to give us money. Any money earn will first go towards equipment and running the site, anything left over will go in our pockets. In short no one is getting paid, including me. The plan is have two divisions: Game development and an animation department.

On the game side of things there will be a team working on mods using the source engine since it's not impossible to learn and a visual novel group since that engine is free as well.

In terms of animation I hope to pick up underground web comics and make originals as well made by you!

So if you're looking for a place to create and learn shoot me a reply and let's make something wonderful.

Hey it's a link...http://www.amvhell.com/group.php?groupid=36

DTi-Rebecca
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Sup! Sounds like you've got quite the interesting concept in mind... I had the same idea with my friends but they're all too busy or lazy to help out... mostly lazy.
Anyway, I'm kinda ok at programming so I could always help with scripting and stuff, I'm good at multiple instruments and a bit of audio editing so there's that. So yeah, anything I can help with!

Haar
03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Mattroks101 made a VN. He can probably help you.

mattroks101
03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Yep. I made a VN alright. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lou5etzpaa08edt/Nicholases%20hot%20sexy%20adventure.zip?m) Sad but true. I used Renpy (http://www.renpy.org/) probably one of the best, if not the best engine to make a VN with.

Guthix
03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
not interested

zemoo
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm interested. I have programming experience and I draw a bit, not much original work though. I'm going to be very busy with school, this being my last semester, but between assignments and after graduation I'll be up for it. I had trouble discerning from the op, but the game is a VN, right?

BakaLyte39K
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I tried to make a post within the group detailing what I could bring to it, but the 1000 character limit in the discussions thing is ball smashingly annoying. So I'll repost it here.

Just felt like getting it out and out what, exactly, I can bring to the group.

Before I joined the AMVHell community, I used to GM Dark Heresy games. Dark Heresy is the Tabletop RolePlaying Game version of Warhammer 40K, which if you're not familiar with spawned the Dawn of War RTS franchise and Space Marine video game. In fact, my own username is vaguely based off it. 39K, instead of 40K. My experience thereby lies in story telling of the Military Sci-Fi/Horror sort. I can also suggest character archetypes based off of real life player characters I have GMed for in the past as well as played myself when I played DH under a different GM.

Unfortunately, that's about the limit of what I can bring. I have no coding knowledge, and no artistic ability outside of my above mentioned medium. For reference, I already have two story ideas that I would like to suggest at a later time, one based upon a planned campaign I had intended to run but never got the chance to, and another based off a campaign I had played in when I first started playing DH.

As to my availability, since I work graveyard shift, I tend to sleep during the day and be active in the very late nights and very early mornings, usually with between 1am and 5am PST (UTC/GMT -8) being my most active. My work schedule is alternating tens and fours: I work ten days in a row, then have a four day weekend. For reference, this is the tailend of a ten shift, so I have this Friday through Monday off, and can be on the website during the day if need be. I do check the website almost every day, so I will receive any PM sent to me and will make every effort to reply in a timely manner. This will likely be the most reliable way of contacting me.

EvilestDeath
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
not interested
Ditto

izumiyagami
03-06-2013, 02:17 AM
updates for everyone!

http://www.amvhell.com/group.php?groupid=36

adzman
03-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Hmm, to offer my modest programming knowledge or not....

izumiyagami
03-06-2013, 04:26 AM
hmm yes!

Haar
03-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Hmm, to offer my modest programming knowledge or not....

Depends on how much pity you have.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
03-06-2013, 04:59 AM
I'll keep this in mind. Currently working a full-length amv right now, which is taking almost all of my attention atm.

adzman
03-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Depends on how much pity you have.

Not much, but I've been meaning to re-introduce myself to programming.

AKALink
03-06-2013, 06:54 AM
I actually am working my way to become a professional video game composer so doing something like this would be beneficial to me.

izumiyagami
03-06-2013, 07:20 AM
By thursday or friday i hope to have people organized and set up so we can begin.

AKALink
03-06-2013, 07:25 AM
I am starting a open game/animation community and looking for beginner artists, animators, writers and game designers. Everything made will be released for free, unless people want to give us money. Any money earn will first go towards equipment and running the site, anything left over will go in our pockets. In short no one is getting paid, including me. The plan is have two divisions: Game development and an animation department.

On the game side of things there will be a team working on mods using the source engine since it's not impossible to learn and a visual novel group since that engine is free as well.

In terms of animation I hope to pick up underground web comics and make originals as well made by you!

So if you're looking for a place to create and learn shoot me a reply and let's make something wonderful.

Hey it's a link...http://www.amvhell.com/group.php?groupid=36

Looks like I may have to learn sound design too. What do you mean one team working on source mods?

ThePsychoGamer
03-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Well, I'm willing to help with writing.

izumiyagami
03-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Looks like I may have to learn sound design too. What do you mean one team working on source mods?

I was assuming not everyone would want to make Half life mods and stuff. The idea is to make a 3-5 hour game using the source engine.

izumiyagami
03-07-2013, 06:04 AM
skype meeting this weekend? Saturday say noon -7gmt? if you didn't add me its izumiyagami

abyssion1337
03-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I've studied quite a bit of game design but I have a weakness when it comes to programming. I've been playing around with unity and just got rpg maker on steam.

izumiyagami
03-07-2013, 07:13 AM
I've studied quite a bit of game design but I have a weakness when it comes to programming. I've been playing around with unity and just got rpg maker on steam.

programming isn't required i dont think, but you have steam so is it safe to assume you have at least 1 valve game? we'll be making mods

nipple
03-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Sign me in to the audio department if needed

izumiyagami
03-08-2013, 01:57 AM
So we good for a meet on Saturday? I'm going to get the animators and artists to attend.

AKALink
03-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Sign me in to the audio department if needed

What kind of stuff would you be willing/able to do. I'm wondering so we don't have too much overlap in the audio department.

izumiyagami
03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Hopefully you two can work on the same project, unless we get more than one thing going at a time, then everyone has something to do!

AKALink
03-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Here is some film scores I've done. The first one I did for practice, the last one is recent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4gABwgxY94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuR8zKyai2Y

Shuiia
03-09-2013, 09:52 AM
dibs on writing **** since I can't into programming, animating, drawing and sound.

nipple
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
What kind of stuff would you be willing/able to do. I'm wondering so we don't have too much overlap in the audio department.

Well, mostly composing if we're talking game-wise. I can also record some acoustic guitar. I can think of a few more things as things clear up about what exactly we're doing.

izumiyagami
03-10-2013, 08:17 PM
meeting sat noon (-7 gmt)