LawRayLiet
04-03-2013, 03:12 AM
As hard as it may be to believe, most of us don't sit in front of our computers all day growing facial hair. Every one of us has a life outside the internet and along with it, an interesting story to tell.
Stories can be about something that happened to you, or even someone you know. Whether from yesterday or your childhood. From great stories to peculiar memories, all are welcome.
Only rule is for the story to be truthful.

Someone's got a story to tell, so get the ball rolling!

thedarkmessenger
04-03-2013, 03:22 AM
The only "interesting" stories I have to tell are all depressing stories, and I really don't feel like going emo atm.

N.P.C.C.
04-03-2013, 03:27 AM
A couple weeks back i went on a police ride along during the morning to afternoon shift. One messed up story i can tell was of some mentally ill woman who stabbed a man in the eye with a can opener after he had caught her shop lifting. While this was going down the officer i was accompanying instructed me to stay in the car but even a few feet away and with the windows closed, i could hear her crazed screams as about 4 officers tried to restrain her. **** got so serious they placed her in the vehicle i was in and had to move me to the police Sergent's while they took her to the hospital for fear that she'd bite my ear off or something while in the back of the police car spitting and biting everywhere. I was told by the Sergent while in the car that she's a repeat offender and "Does **** like this all the time when she's off the meds and doesn't get her way.

They took her to the hospital and it took damn near the whole emergency room staff to hold her down long enough to administer a sedative. The issue is the stuff takes like 20 minutes to kick in and during that time she's screaming, biting, and clawing at all the nurses...The officer i was originality shadowing emerged from where they were restraining her to jokingly gesture to the whole room that she bit her restraints off! Yeah, policemen have a sense of humor similar to our own given all the ****ed up things they see on a daily basis...hell, the officer working the front desk of the station said as we left to start patrol "Remember, if he dies that's a **** load of paperwork!"

Hope that isn't too badly written...

redeadlink
04-03-2013, 03:49 AM
this one time at band camp...

i got hit over the head with a trombone during a performance.

LawRayLiet
04-03-2013, 04:21 AM
A couple weeks back i went on a police ride along during the morning to afternoon shift.
How'd you get a ride along, you know someone, or just asked? I've thought about asking to shadow a police officer, just because it seems like it would be interesting.

Guess I'll give a short story for now. I was around 12 years old, at which time I lived with my grandparents in a pretty ghetto area. My cousin brings over some airsoft guns, first thing my mother says when shes see them "I don't like those, some cop might think those are real and shoot you.". "Pfft Whatever, they've got an orange tip!". Me and my cousin start shooting each other with them in the front yard, just having fun. We decide to set some cans up to shoot, the cans are facing a pretty active street, but we didn't think about it like idiots. We've got 2 toy guns pointed out toward the street and are aiming to shoot the cans. Cop driving down the street makes an immediate stop. Turns his lights on and steps out with his hand over his gun. We book it into the house. Parents walk outside, officer explains he saw us pointing a gun at him. I step out and hand him the toy gun. He's pretty cool about, just gives us some warnings and goes on his way. Forced to throw airsoft guns away.

tl;dr Don't **** around with air soft guns.

izumiyagami
04-03-2013, 04:40 AM
How'd you get a ride along, you know someone, or just asked? I've thought about asking to shadow a police officer, just because it seems like it would be interesting.

Guess I'll give a short story for now. I was around 12 years old, at which time I lived with my grandparents in a pretty ghetto area. My cousin brings over some airsoft guns, first thing my mother says when shes see them "I don't like those, some cop might think those are real and shoot you.". "Pfft Whatever, they've got an orange tip!". Me and my cousin start shooting each other with them in the front yard, just having fun. We decide to set some cans up to shoot, the cans are facing a pretty active street, but we didn't think about it like idiots. We've got 2 toy guns pointed out toward the street and are aiming to shoot the cans. Cop driving down the street makes an immediate stop. Turns his lights on and steps out with his hand over his gun. We book it into the house. Parents walk outside, officer explains he saw us pointing a gun at him. I step out and hand him the toy gun. He's pretty cool about, just gives us some warnings and goes on his way. Forced to throw airsoft guns away.

similar thing happened to me a few years ago, except people thought me and my friends were in the middle of a gang shoot-out and called the cops on us.

Zuiichi
04-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Anyone wanna hear some stories from me? :3

N.P.C.C.
04-03-2013, 05:03 AM

Well, in my case i was assigned to go on one in one of my online criminal justice classes so i could write about it. Basically, call the nearest police department near you and ask if they allow ride alongs with officers along with their general requirements.Be prepared to have to go to the station to fill out a form and await a few days while they do a background check on you. Also, I recall having to provide proof that it is for an assignment for college along with my state and college I.D. So, you might not be able to go on one just for the hell of it.

Damn son...seeing as that was in the ghetto, i'd say you lucked out...Especially since he claims you pointed the gun at him.

izumiyagami
04-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Anyone wanna hear some stories from me? :3

go for it!

Zuiichi
04-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Here's a recent one, was heading to the bank to drop off literally a couple bucks so i can buy a month of xbox gold to play ze halo 4. On the my back home I go inside the neighborhood instead of around like a normally do and see that by some apartments there is a naked girl changing on the second floor. She sees me and to my surprise happily waves to me.
Today when I went to work we stopped by to get some gas and drove into the neighborhood where I saw the girl at the previous night only to find that the window is no longer there, then I remembered something, those apartments caught fire 2 years back and they never put that window back in. dafuq naked girl did i see?

izumiyagami
04-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Here's a recent one, was heading to the bank to drop off literally a couple bucks so i can buy a month of xbox gold to play ze halo 4. On the my back home I go inside the neighborhood instead of around like a normally do and see that by some apartments there is a naked girl changing on the second floor. She sees me and to my surprise happily waves to me.
Today when I went to work we stopped by to get some gas and drove into the neighborhood where I saw the girl at the previous night only to find that the window is no longer there, then I remembered something, those apartments caught fire 2 years back and they never put that window back in. dafuq naked girl did i see?

woooah! you must be trippin`(dragon) balls!

Haar
04-03-2013, 05:24 AM
As of late, my life's been fairly dull, so all of my remotely interesting stories involve Walmart, and even those are hit and miss. Even when I was younger, I didn't too many interesting things. Just stayed at home, for the most part, since I lived in a fairly bad neighborhood and my family wanted to keep me safe. Let's see what I can pull out of my memory banks...

A few years ago, I was helping my aunt with the upkeep of her house. I must have been 15 or 16. I had to use superglue to set some wood back in place that had gotten loose on a counter, or something like that. In a moment of me losing focus, I ended up gluing my left index finger to the counter. We tried pulling it off, but my skin had started ripping. I was sort of naive at the time, so I didn't know you could just use nail polish remover to get that glue to come off and she had thrown away the package, so I couldn't simply read the instructions for removal of the glue. She was panicking for no particular reason, as if this was a life threatening thing. They drove me to the hospital and I sat there for an hour, waiting for some assistance. Later, a doctor came up to me and said "So did you try nail polish remover?" I explained the previous points to him, and then he handed me a package that contained a towelette moistened with acetone. We got it off and my mother came to the hospital. Upon receiving the bill, she looked angrily at my aunt and said "You made us waste a hundred dollars on this?" For whatever reason, she didn't seem angry at me, however. Strange, considering that my aunt was about 70 at the time, so I thought that my mother would be a bit more lenient.

So yeah, that was about the only time I've been to a hospital due to an incident involving myself in the past 2 or 3 years. My only other remotely interesting stories involve me failing hard at school in front of my friends, but those are stories for another day.

Guthix
04-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Le bus.
driving to school.
boringly gazing trough the window as the bus stops at the bus stop near a school.
as i look with empty eyes a young female sprits towards the bus from the other side of the street.
the next second a car comes down hill and hits the girl directly. A body full of energy and youth turns into a ragdoll in a split second and hits the road ,while facing her back to me.
the car goes to a sudden stop infont of the bus, a midle aged woman jumps out of it and falls to her knees by what used to be the girl. the woman starts crying in an almoust screaming fasion.
As the bus starts moving another person rushes to kneel towards the girl, some of the passengers calling the ambulance, the girl doesnt move.

this one of the most beautifull moments in my life as it happened right before my eyes without moving a single muscle.

LawRayLiet
04-03-2013, 06:29 AM

(TRUTH EDITION)

So yeah, that was about the only time I've been to a hospital due to an incident involving myself in the past 2 or 3 years. My only other remotely interesting stories involve me failing hard at school in front of my friends, but those are stories for another day.

Went to the hospital a few times when I was really young 5-.
1. Sat in an ant pile in a supermarket trying to hide in a clothes rack(allergic to ants).
2. Busted Eyelid open at supermarket.(damn supermarkets)
3. Fell forward and front teeth went through bottom lip.

Nothing since then though.

Le bus.
driving to school.
boringly gazing trough the window as the bus stops at the bus stop near a school.
as i look with empty eyes a young female sprits towards the bus from the other side of the street.
the next second a car comes down hill and hits the girl directly. A body full of energy and youth turns into a ragdoll in a split second and its the road ,while facing her back to me.
the car goes to a sudden stop infont of the bus, a midle aged woman jumps out of it and falls to her knees by what used to be the girl. the woman starts crying in an almoust screaming fasion.
As the bus starts moving another person rushes to kneel towards the girl, some of the passengers calling the ambulance, the girl doesnt move.

this one of the most beautifull moments in my life as it happened right before my eyes without moving a single muscle.

You're ****ed in the head. Take it as a compliment if you like.

Another short story. Go to visit friend who lives in the boonies. We're around 9yo. Neighborhood girl always tries to hang around us, I always stayed indifferent to it, but my friend would always tell her to get lost except when we needed her for one reason or another. I remember us going over her house and my cousin would tell her "We should all put our money together, save it up and then we'll all go to disney world together! Give me whatever money you got, I'll keep it all together for us." I knew it was a stupid idea, but didn't object because everyone acted all excited. She has us turn around so she can grab her allowance she's saved up(hidden behind her tv). She gives it all to him. Right after we leave cousin goes to corner store uses money to buy a ton of candy. I look back and think... my cousin was a horrible person.

tl;dr Con little girls out of money, buy candy.

Some pretty interesting stories so far keep'em coming.

Shuiia
04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Ok so maybe a little story about when I went to England during my 4th year of High School.

So the next story is about a couple of misfortunes when we were in London pretty dull all in all.
The story begins when we were taking a little bus tour in London at the start of the day. We ended up jammed in traffic for like 45 minutes and I mean J-J-JAMMED. Nothing moved at all. After we did the tour we were free to do whatever in London so me and a bunch of lads and lasses were like hey let's go shopping and see some sights we didn't see on the tour. The girls were going to shops the guys weren't realy interested in so we killed some time in a record and DVD store somewhere on Piccadilly Circus.
We waited over 45 minutes.
So us guys were like **** it let's go explore London a bit. First thing we wanted to see was Buckingham Palace.
Now, we were walking on the Mall, heading towards Buckingham Palace when after about 10 to 20 minutes of walking we thought we were heading in the wrong direction. As thick as we were we decided to cut into an alley thus ending up in what I presume was some economic district in London being surrounded by nothing but Law offices, Bentleys and people in £2000 suits. We ended up having a sandwich and something to drink in a Costa coffee for around £8 each when our time was up and we had to head back to the bus to Oxford.

Also got some stories about some good things we went through during our stay in England and some of my other travels but I'll save those for another time.

Zarxrax
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
It was around 9 years ago, I was going to an anime convention for the first time in my life, and I needed to ride a bus to get there. It was also the first time I had ever rode a bus. After getting to the bus stop, I was advised that I was at the wrong one, and my best bet would be to walk over to another one about 10 or 15 minutes away.

So as I am walking, I see a homeless guy walking up ahead of me. As I get up closer to him, it is apparent that he is crazy, because I hear him mumbling something about eggs. Its a small sidewalk, and I am a bit apprehensive about walking too close to the guy, so I hang back a bit and am walking behind him.

Then, I stepped on a stick that happened to be laying on the sidewalk, and it makes a loud *crack* sound. All of a sudden, the guy just stops in his tracks. He turns around and looks at me, and yells "YOU DIDN"T CRACK THEM EGGS, DID YA?!"
I shake my head no, and then he begins to talk to me, though I don't really understand anything he is talking about.

After a bit, he says "I want to give ya somethin", and he pulls out a polished blue glass stone, and hands it to me. He continues to talk a bit, and then he says "Let me tell you what you do with that!"
He pulls out another stone that he is carrying, and says "First of all, you put it in your mouth and you do like this", and then he puts it in his mouth and swishes it around like its mouthwash. At this point I'm feeling disgusted at the fact that I am holding a stone in my hand that this guy has previously had in his rotten, toothless mouth.
Then he takes it back out of his mouth, and says "Then you take it, and you stick it on the end of your shoe like this". He lays it on the end of his shoe, apparently the saliva providing some sort of adhesiveness to it. "And then all them bitches will be wantin' you when they see dat there on your shoe"

I thanked him and then hurried on my way.

Shuiia
04-03-2013, 05:39 PM
>And then all them bitches will be wantin' you when they see dat there on your shoe
my sides 9/10 great story

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1088/1352542735098.jpg

Distict5-9
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
... Wait, so you still kept stone?

Anyway, here's a little story that happened about half a year ago...

There was this friend of mine (who I'll just refer to as Johnny) who came back from the dead.
A few years ago, after Johnny had finally gotten out of high-school, he decided to quickly leave the country to see the world a bit before coming back to start his University studies (his family was pretty rich, not to mention that he'd already been working for a while before his departure, so money wasn't really much of an issue...

However, Johnny wasn't exactly the kind of guy who writes to his mother every week-end; by the end of the year, we had already lost completely any form of contact with him whatsoever. The fact that the last time any of us had ever heard from him he'd said that he was going to stay in Thailand for a while also wasn't helping us with our worries.
Another year went by, and we still hadn't heard anything from him. His family had already tried contacting the embassy and trying to find a way to localize Johnny in some way or another, but to no avail; the area in which he'd last been seen was a notoriously bad one, and the possibility that he could have actually been killed wasn't exactly far-fetched...

So, one day, we were out at a bar with Johnny's mother, discussing exactly what to do for Johnny's funeral; the woman was definitely a pessimist to the core, as she had already come to believe that her son was pretty much dead and gone by now, floating at the bottom of some sewer probably (of course, he was still officially considered as missing at the time, but you get the idea...). She was also very religious, and was particularly worried about what she'd do for the ceremony without the body (which she was still trying to find a way to get at the time, but it predictably wasn't of much use...)
After finally coming to an agreement about not completely throwing away truckloads of money for some fancy empty coffin and settling down for a more modest solution, we finally decided to accompany the sad woman back home and, since she'd been pressing us to do so, stop for tea as well.

As we walked into their kitchen, Johnny gave us a little wave from the balcony where he'd decided to step out for a little smoke.
Later, he'd tell us about how he'd ended having almost all of his belongings and documents stolen from him at the hotel were he was staying when someone took all of his luggage. Soon enough, he ended up getting accidentally involved in a small crime and, being completely without documents, identification and cellphone, not to mention not being able to speak a single word of English or any of the country's languages, things pretty much degenerated from there, leading to him being incarcerated as an identity-less prisoner. He'd also tell us how the only way that he managed to get out of there was thanks to a chance meeting with another Italian during his "stay"; this Italian was being bailed out by his family and, thanks to his help, Johnny was finally able to contact a friend, who quickly helped him to pay his own fine...

Honestly, I'd never seen someone faint in real life before...

Sir Fluffykins
04-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Honestly, I'd never seen someone faint in real life before...

Though I can guess who you're talking about, I'd like to point out you never mentioned anyone fainting in the story. :P

Distict5-9
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
That's because it's meant to be implicit... If you were still able to guess who fainted, then it means that I was able to convey the message without having to write it down and making it explicit, therefore giving it a more powerful effect than by just stating it... :P

N.P.C.C.
04-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I call that "Omission" in my country son. >_>

Joking aside, Great story distict.

MADEVIL
04-04-2013, 04:48 AM
One of the shops I used to work at I worked with a few friends, my one friend Max was always broke for lunch money so he would try to find some way of getting money for lunch. He use to clear out his dads truck of all the change till his dad went though a toll and found out all the money was gone so his dad stopped leaving toll money in the truck. Max's next idea was to see what he could do for entertainment to get a few dollars from us, which turned in to lighting himself on fire daily till that got boring. Then we started shocking him with a stun gun and that got old after a while so he lit himself on fire with the stun gun which was pretty cool. Well one day the owner and the manager went across the street to the store and bought lunch meat to make sandwiches for themselves and we were in the backroom talking to them waiting for them to finish so Max and I could leave for lunch, at the time we had a shop cat and it was begging for some food. The owner was eating corn beef and was throwing large pieces down for the cat and the cat was eating the corn beef as fast as it hit the floor, I guess the cat ate it so fast that the cat threw up some of the meat. Next thing the owner and the manager said to Max was I bet you will not eat that for $20, so Max took a second and picked up that piece of corn beef and it was dripping with slime and steaming and swallowed and looked at the cat and said HA! I ate your lunch for once since the cat would steal your food if you were not looking. So after watch Max eat the corn beef cat puke the owner ran to the bathroom to puke his lunch after being grossed out by what Max did, the manager and myself were laughing are ass off and Max earned $20 for lunch. Max is now a school teacher for 5th grade.

LawRayLiet
04-04-2013, 06:09 AM
I work at an Optometrist office as a Lab Technician, edging, inspecting and trouble shooting rx lenses is my main job there. The Doctor at our office(also the owner) is a very odd person. Also has a son in his late 20s who's schizophrenic. I have a ton of stories from my interactions with these two but I'll start with his son. We'll say his name is David. David is schizophrenic, when he's off his meds or having an episode, he's been know to do things such as going around at gas stations using his fathers credit card to fill up people's tanks for free, buying random children an xbox and other items. In the past he's joined some crazy cult and although I'm not sure what all he believes now, at one point he believed he was Jesus(which is funny considering his family is jewish) and has done things such as jumping from the roof of a building expecting to be caught by an angel(with not very good results). He's also listened to the voices in his head and at one time attempted suicide(which is a story for another time). Despite all this his odd father lets him still roam around wherever he pleases, when in all honesty he would likely be most safe in a mental hospital. I only see him occasionally as he stops by the office, but as you could imagine it's a quite uncomfortable interaction. One recent time he stopped by and went to the back in my lab(I'm the only one who works back there). He's carrying a bag of bagels and ask "Would you like a free bagel?", not wanting to offend I reply "Sure I'll take one." He hands me the whole bag. He continues to stand there staring at me for an uncomfortable 20 seconds before saying "Would you mind I tell you a story?", I reluctantly say "Sure, go ahead".

David "Not to long ago a man approached me from out of no where who I'd never met before, his clothes had a heavenly glow. He starts telling me things about myself and my life that no one could know. I looked closely in to his eyes afterwards, and I saw a holy figure."
Another uncomtorable stare which lasted for a good 10 seconds.
David "Would you like to dedicate your life to christ and accept him as your lord and savior?"
I'm trying to think of what to say during the akward silence between his question and my response.
David "Repeat after me"
David "I accept jesus..."
More silence
David "I... accept... Jesus..."
Me "No thanks..."
awkward silence
Me "I'm only gonna eat one bagel so you can take the rest."
David "No, they're for you."

He leaves after that and at this point I'm not really feeling comfortable about this bagel so I toss it in the trash.
Most recent I've heard about him is he's signed some sort of contract to move to china and teach the children there English. Despite the fact that he know no Chinese whatsoever, not sure how that's suppose to work.

mattroks101
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Ok, so I'm Catholic. We go to church every sunday, we go on all the holy days of obligation, and we go to holy days that aren't obligated. So about 6 or 7 years ago we went to the passover that was held at our church (for those of you who don't know you can either google it or read about it here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_(Christian_holiday)), it's a bit too long to fully explain, basically all you need to know is it's a feast that involves various foods that represent various things). Now the folks running the passover said that they would be providing grape juice for the little kiddies, because they couldn't drink wine. So the time came for us to drink, and there were two jugs on the table, one was filled with a grape looking liquid, the other with a red liquid. Because they had said grape juice, we just assumed that the dark, grape looking liquid was the grape juice, and the other one was the wine. So we poured a huge glass of it, and took a large gulp.

It wasn't grape juice. It was wine, and fiery stuff at that. I choked the mouthful down, and then started complaining about it to my mother, who thinking it was just grape juice, ignored my complaining and told me to drink so more. So I downed almost the whole huge glass before my mom took a sip of her drink (the red stuff), and realized that that wasn't wine. Then she took my drink and sipped it, and realized that was wine. So then we all traded glasses.

Let me tell you, that wine was some powerful stuff. I remember my head and throat hurting for a while after that. Course I was only like, 11-10. Why they told us they'd be serving grape juice when they were serving cranberry juice is beyond me.

Shuiia
04-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe some stories of stuff that happened at school.

So first up is a story of a classmate of mine who ended up with a cavity in her abdomen.
For our Ultrasound classes we have to perform Ultrasounds on each other and interpret the pictures we make. Now this is common but one time during a class we found out she had Cholelithiasis(Gallstones for those of you not familiar with medical lingo) and a pretty big one at that. Ended up in the hospital, had to have her gallbladder removed and now has a black void in her abdomen during Ultrasounds and is forever excused for being a model during tests.

Another little story also Ultrasound related.
This year we were to have one class of Obstetric ultrasounds. Now that class didn't start that great since one of the future moms wasn't aware it was gonna be directly in front of a class full of eager students. So she was a bit hesitant to lay her upper pelvic area bare.
Then the next shocker was when during the demonstration one of the moms started to what appeared to be fainting. I ended up rushing to the sink to get a wet towel while someone else was grabbing a cup of water. The teacher told us this happened because the fetus was in such a position that it compressed the abdominal aorta and inferior vena cava thus "cutting off" bloodflow throughout her body.
Ended up performing an ultrasound on her and having a bit of a laugh joking about how fetuses look like little aliens.