vincenzo
04-06-2013, 07:19 AM
hey AMV'ers. im vincenzo and ive been a fan of anime for.... sorry wrong opening :P

anyhow, im looking for info on how to find theatres that will have the 3rd Neon genesis movie. im not asking for the information... merely the info on how to obtain it. i tried calling a few theatres to no avail. i went to 4chan... and encountered every single ass on the internet. every. single. one.
i went to their anime board.... hate.
i went to their advice board.... hate.
i went to their request board.... hate.
i went to /b/.... i should be lucky to be sane.
i really am hoping one of you kind hearted souls can help me.
yes i have tried googling it. (AMAZING how everyone on 4chan thought to tell me that. it was so... uncanny)
im just at the end of my rope here, and if you can help me, i will be glad to help anyone with anything they need. i can....uh.... lift some heavy boxes or make some sandwiches or something? (i was not this joking on 4chan, i wouldnt be here today if i was.)
thanks in advance.

Backmask
04-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Don't know about oversea-showings, but there is a full-length, completely subbed camrip. Not to mention that the BDs and DVDs are coming out at the end of this month, so there really isn't any point in looking for theatre showings.

For the camrip, if you are interested: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=391637

Also, you should have gone to /a/ as opposed to /b/ - seeing as /a/ is the anime board and had 200+ Evangelion 3.0 generals.
Edit: Disregard the "should have gone..." statement. Completely misread your post.

mattroks101
04-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah, the camrip is your best bet, or you could wait for the BDs and DVDs. Going to 4Chan for advice shouldn't be done. Not unless you don't want any.

Haar
04-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Going to 4Chan for advice shouldn't be done. Not unless you don't want any.

I've managed to get some good advice from them.

mattroks101
04-06-2013, 04:27 PM
pics or it didn't happen.

Guthix
04-06-2013, 05:00 PM
pics or it didn't happen.

4chan is like the black market for info, if it didnt have what i need, i wouldnt even reply here

Neomalysys
04-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Depends on where you live. I've seen both 1 and 2 in theaters mainly because of where I live. The theater that showed it here was an Alamo Drafthouse if you haven't heard of them then your out of luck. Just try theaters that are smaller chains or locally owned that show art house flicks and other special showings and films.

vincenzo
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
i did go to /a/. that was the first place i went. then i went to /adv/. then i went to /r/. then /b/. i couldnt believe they were so hostile to me on /a/. but anyhow, are the blu rays gunna have the dubs on there (please dont hate me) Reason i wanted the theatre release is cause IMDB said a USA release was on may 5th. i assumed they meant theatre cause they usually specify when its a DVD release. Also i thank eveyone for helping me with tact and a general niceness.

adzman
04-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Your best bet would be to search fandango or similar closer to it's release date. Since it's not a huge blockbuster over here, it will probably show up only a week or so in advance.

Shuiia
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I've managed to get some good advice from them.

Same here, you'd have to know what you are doing before asking for advice there.

vincenzo
04-06-2013, 09:42 PM
thing is, i have going there for various things for years (not trying to brag, really. its just relevant to what im saying) and its true i havent posted much of anything beside a manga dump and etc, but at the same time the way i approached the situation on /a/ i dont know why they reacted so negatively. I dont know, but to make a long story short, im glad you guys are willing to help me with this. Really.

Backmask
04-06-2013, 09:43 PM
i did go to /a/. that was the first place i went. then i went to /adv/. then i went to /r/. then /b/. i couldnt believe they were so hostile to me on /a/. but anyhow, are the blu rays gunna have the dubs on there (please dont hate me) Reason i wanted the theatre release is cause IMDB said a USA release was on may 5th. i assumed they meant theatre cause they usually specify when its a DVD release. Also i thank eveyone for helping me with tact and a general niceness.

I doubt that the BDs will have the dubs included, unless they release in a similar way that Sunrise does Unicorn. Also, be wary of IMDB's date. I have yet to find a citation for it. It should be mentioned that IMDB previously had a release date for an American and Australian screening a couple months ago; however, both of dates which were proven false.

vincenzo
04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
really? i had no idea. truth be told i always thought of IMDB as infallible, and in light of this i dont know what to think anymore. guess ill just have to sit on my hands till there is a definitive answer to this.

Backmask
04-06-2013, 10:26 PM
really? i had no idea. truth be told i always thought of IMDB as infallible, and in light of this i dont know what to think anymore. guess ill just have to sit on my hands till there is a definitive answer to this.

Just found it. The site previously listed the US release as January 11, 2013. Anyways, the most reliable source in this case is to keep tabs on Funimation's news or an occasional visit to the ANN. Not to be a Debby-downer, but even if 3.0 gets screened, it'll be screened in a select few theaters. You are more than likely going to have to go out of your way to watch the film. Even then, the film will probably air with subtitles, rather than a dub, and by that point the BDs will have already been released and subbed (If they are like some other releases, they will come with English subs, meaning that you could just download them on day one without having to wait for a group to release it.), so there will be no real point to attend the theatrical screenings.

Neomalysys
04-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Just found it. The site previously listed the US release as January 11, 2013. Anyways, the most reliable source in this case is to keep tabs on Funimation's news or an occasional visit to the ANN. Not to be a Debby-downer, but even if 3.0 gets screened, it'll be screened in a select few theaters. You are more than likely going to have to go out of your way to watch the film. Even then, the film will probably air with subtitles, rather than a dub, and by that point the BDs will have already been released and subbed (If they are like some other releases, they will come with English subs, meaning that you could just download them on day one without having to wait for a group to release it.), so there will be no real point to attend the theatrical screenings.

After seeing the first two in theaters i would rather wait than download a bd rip. Here they will usually do a showing with the Japanese bd subbed and then closer to the U.S. dub release they'll do a dubbed screening. So I'm just waiting for the theater to post it in they're monthly newsletter. Hell the when me and my friends went to see the first movie Tiffany Grant was there just because she is a fan of the series and wanted to see the movie and just happened to live nearby. I'm guessing they'll be doing a showing here in the next couple of months and then later in the year for the dub.

Backmask
04-07-2013, 02:44 AM
After seeing the first two in theaters i would rather wait than download a bd rip. Here they will usually do a showing with the Japanese bd subbed and then closer to the U.S. dub release they'll do a dubbed screening. So I'm just waiting for the theater to post it in they're monthly newsletter. Hell the when me and my friends went to see the first movie Tiffany Grant was there just because she is a fan of the series and wanted to see the movie and just happened to live nearby. I'm guessing they'll be doing a showing here in the next couple of months and then later in the year for the dub.

Got to meet Tiffany Grant? That's pretty damn cool. Where was the screening at, if you don't mind me asking?

Neomalysys
04-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Got to meet Tiffany Grant? That's pretty damn cool. Where was the screening at, if you don't mind me asking?

Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park in Houston. The first movie was a special screening and the second was part of their free anime screening they have every month. I'm guessing that 3.0 will be paid if they do it at that theater as they recently started showing anime licensed by Sentai Filmworks.