Zarxrax
08-28-2013, 07:26 PM
This round's challenge was to use Metal.
Congratulations to adzman for creating the winning video, video 09!

Mediafire download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3u2i0rmuvyzohwr
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/73321804

http://youtu.be/P_8zaduTxKQ

Credits:

Video 01
SuperLoliSentai
Fate/ Zero
Dethklok - Thunderhorse

Video 02
SilentChaz
Black Music Club [K-On! AMV] by Velho
Dilbert - sound clip

Video 03
Earl of Bassington
Detroit Metal City, Kuro****suji
GWAR - Metal Metal Land

Video 04
Moon Spirit
One Piece
Hammerfall - Hearts on Fire

Video 05
DXM
Watashi no Coffee Samurai: Jihanki Teki na Kareshi
Dethklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle

Video 06
PrinnyCat
Soul Eater
Steel Panther - Death To All But Metal

Video 07
Shuiia
Girls und Panzer
Deathstars - Blitzkrieg

Video 08
MADEVIL
Highschool of the Dead OVA Drifters of the Dead
My Bitter End - It's Time

Video 09
adzman
Muteki Kanban Musume
Disturbed - Down With the Sickness

Video 10
Haar
To-Love-Ru, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2011)
Mastodon - Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife

Video 11
Stevie
Soul Eater
Tenacious D - Master Exploder

Video 12
Lo1337a
AMV Hell 3
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress

Video 13
Q
Detroit Metal City
America's Got Talent - Aaralyn Audition

Video 14
Randy
Nichijou
Dimmu Borgir - Hybrid Stigmata

Video 15
Jinzo64 and Barty64
Digimon
Disturbed - Indestructable

Video 16
CetuS
Beck
Napalm Death - Dead

Video 17
BakaLyte
Persona 4
СЛОТ - 2 войны

Video 18
Phatpug
Nyoron Churuya-san & The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
Dethklok - Takin' It Easy

Video 19
Robert Frazer
Mawaru Penguindrum
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames

Video 20
The Real Inferno
Suite Precure
Lordi - Bringing Back the Balls to Rock

Video 21
Shadowlion27
Dragon Ball Z
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It

Video 22
RyuKnightAlex
11eyes
Rhapsody - Unholy Warcry

LawRayLiet
08-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Zarx, are you disabling the YouTube for playback on mobile devices, or is that just automatic? I'm having to jump through hoops to watch it on my phone, which I didn't have to for episodes 1 and 2 for some reason.

Zarxrax
08-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Zarx, are you disabling the YouTube for playback on mobile devices, or is that just automatic? I'm having to jump through hoops to watch it on my phone, which I didn't have to for episodes 1 and 2 for some reason.

I believe this happens when certain audio tracks are detected. I can't do anything to change it.

Guthix
08-28-2013, 07:43 PM
my god that was painfull...OTZ...voted

The Real Inferno
08-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Well. I liked the Bardok clip.

N.P.C.C.
08-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Hmm...9 stole the show to me.

The Real Inferno
08-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Method used: "lol little girls screaming to metal is funny right?"

LawRayLiet
08-28-2013, 08:51 PM
I love metal, but this episode seemed pretty weak to me. There were a good number that were well edited, but I was disappointed that a lot were missing the comedy element of the challenge. Only got two laughs out of me this episode. That being said, the two exceptions were 09 and 21, with 09 being my favorite.

thedarkmessenger
08-28-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm regretting submitting my entry Dx. I could've done a LOT better and saved it for another project (or future minis, if it fits a later theme).

PrinnyCat
08-28-2013, 08:59 PM
For me was a tie between 8 and 9, then 19 came along. Had to rewatch again to decide...wish I put more into my entry, I feel like it could have been a lot better >.<

Moon Spirit
08-28-2013, 09:24 PM
This is hard to decide, even though I also entered in this challenge. There are some that are good, but there are some that kind of doesn't quite fit the material.

N.P.C.C.
08-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Method used: "lol little girls screaming to metal is funny right?"

Urge to turn heel...rising...

Outlaw
08-28-2013, 10:46 PM
21 is clearly the best. Which means it will lose.

Mad Cow
08-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Looking over it multiple times. Still want to see the funny as well, but 21 I think did do a nice job of that. Especially with the out of context lyric use. Still can decide.

NodMan
08-29-2013, 04:26 AM
10, for the win. 12 and 19 were good though.

Moon Spirit
08-29-2013, 04:38 AM
So far, I can only think of 9, 14, and 21. But I choose 9 because it was funny and it fit the song well.

Backmask
08-29-2013, 04:58 AM
Well that wasn't good by any stretch of the definition. Hopefully this is just the black-sheep of the Challenges.

scythe
08-29-2013, 05:20 AM
came down to 2, 9, 13 and 16 for me.

milleniummaster18
08-29-2013, 05:32 AM
8, 9, and 21.

And 9 got my vote.

obsidianarchangel
08-29-2013, 08:48 AM
overall a damn tough choice, however, i gave it to 21. because oh sweet lord did that song fit the clip used, and was very well edited ^_^ 9, 14, and either 18 or 19 made me lol pretty hard, 17 was awesome, but you wouldnt b e going to hell for making that AMV, awesome yes, amv hell material, no

SarcotarascusN
08-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Probably my least favorite of the videos, so far. Some overused scenes, some clips that went too far past their joke (the Metalocalypse "Coffee Jingle" clip didn't need to include the fighting scenes to make a point), and some that didn't make sense to me. I don't recall getting that many good laughs this time, though that may have to do with the fact that I don't listen to heavy metal, also.

SilentChaz
08-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Can you make a video that is both metal AND will make people fall out of their chair laughing?Sadly, I don't think anybody quite managed it in this round.

Letters to the editors/ Suggestions/ Me being a dick:

03 - Detroit Metal Cropping - Not bad, fit the brief nicely. Pity you couldn't find better quality video for this entry, but at least you were kind enough to crop out the subs... or at least most of them.

04 - 1P<3onFire - This was alright, it fit, just could have been cut shorter.

05 - Coffee Jingle - This clip should have been cut at 1.28 and played in reverse.
"Do you folks like coffee?" >>> Guy turns into vending machine. Boom. Done.
If you're going to use audio from the most hardcore clip of /0 you really better bring it. Sadly- this entry didn't.

08 - HOTDogs - Of all the episodes and scenes available in this show... did we really need to see this shot twice?:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4406/nocf.jpg
Looped even? ...odd choice.

09 - Down with the child abuse - The bleeps really neutered it, but this is a contender for the top 3. The 3:10 mark is probably the funniest moment of the whole compilation.

10 - JoJo's Bizarre foreward - Did we really need 4 seconds to read "[amv hell 7]"?

12 - I was writing "PC" on the paper - You can edit in an overlay of hypnotoad eyes yet you can't remove the warioware borders of Hell3?
Either this is amateur editing or professional laziness.

14 - My Ordinary Hatred of Dogs - Okay. Might have been better if the clip ended 6-7 seconds earlier.

20 - Balls to Rock - Not funny, but entertaining with lots of energy. Possible winning contender if not for the obvious winner.

21 - The obvious winner - Not particularly funny, but the "no way" lip sync made me chuckle.

Sir Fluffykins
08-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Ones I liked

02 - K-On
07 - Blitzkrieg
18 - Haruhi-Chan mash-up

I'm not seeing why everyone here and on Youtube thinks 21 is ALL THAT (is it really just because of the "no way"?)

After some thought, I think I'll go with 18

Gleeman
08-30-2013, 12:27 PM
*rolls dice* 07

Guess I should have gotten around to making my idea, thought somebody else would use it.

(Clips from Redline with White Zombie's Black Sunshine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPClltS5k8) - go to 0:49 to skip the intro)

Kaiju
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Hmmm...I'm gonna go with ten. Because of reasons.
The Digimon Indestructible one was also pretty clever, and fit in with the characters featured, and the dub voice at the end warranted a grin out of me. Though really none made me laugh or really seemed all that "METAL" to me. Seemed to be more "dissonant" humor with a metal song put to an unfitting anime or vice-versa, I expected this entry to play out like a Metal MUSIC video where the Metal and the videos complimented each other, and was a bit bummed out that most of it was moe-**** played in with metal because "LOL IRONY CUTESY ANIME WITH HEAVY METAL, HAR HAR". Which to me, isn't that funny especially as that joke has been done to death a hundred times before in past AMV Hell entries without much evolution or innovation. Overall, a weak entry all around.

HellsDeathAngel
08-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Nice of SilentChaz to still be criticizing the fellow editors in a not so nice way, funny that you never score high and are often beat out by a lot of the clips you criticize. Maybe you should spend more time on your own clips.

N.P.C.C.
08-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Nice of SilentChaz to still be criticizing the fellow editors in a not so nice way, funny that you never score high and are often beat out by a lot of the clips you criticize. Maybe you should spend more time of your own clips.

Or...Maybe certain people should grow a pair and learn to take criticism from peers.

HellsDeathAngel
08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Or...Maybe certain people should grow a pair and learn to take criticism from peers.

Well I'm only a viewer and not an editor, so if you want to bitch about that go a head.

The Real Inferno
08-30-2013, 09:11 PM

Yeah. Especially those people only capable of making clips with Jem audio. I hate those guys.

jinzo64
08-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah. Especially those people only capable of making clips with Jem audio. I hate those guys.

that comment is totaly outragous :)

N.P.C.C.
08-30-2013, 10:30 PM

...Maybe certain people should learn to appreciate the outrageous singing talents of a pink haired goddess when they hear it and be grateful for the opportunity her husband gave them.

Well I'm only a viewer and not an editor, so if you want to bitch about that go a head.

Will do!

You may not like what the nigga is saying/how he's saying it, but there's nothing wrong with him giving his opinion. Whether he scored 0 votes or 100 is irrelevant as you should still be subject to criticism from your peers. NOW, it would be a different story if the dude was just bitter but given that this is his norm and he wasn't personally attacking people but pointing out what he sees as mistakes in their videos that is completely fine. If this was done more, maybe all those **** ups in minis season 2 could have been avoided. That includes my own...

If you're not an editor well then that's just OUTRAGEOUS!

....Seriously though, if that post bothered you, maybe you're better off not being an editor here...THAT post is usually as nice as it gets.

that comment is totaly outragous

*Eye twitches*

TL;DR Version: http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/702548/jem-you-niggas-are-outrageous.gif

Mad Cow
08-31-2013, 01:15 AM
Sooo... I have to say this is a hard one to decide. 4, 5, 9, or 21 could be winners to me. They are funny and well edited.

While a lot of videos are cool, I am sorry to say missed the funny mark; these 4 though did make me laugh a little though.

Mad Cow
08-31-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah. Especially those people only capable of making clips with Jem audio. I hate those guys. QFT

N.P.C.C.
08-31-2013, 01:38 AM
QFT

....er.....Who the **** are you again?

hosokawa37
08-31-2013, 01:38 AM
as usual, i wont say what I voted for, even if I didn't compete in this challenge xD

jinzo64
09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
QFT

WTF is QFT?

Haar
09-01-2013, 12:19 AM
WTF is QFT?

Quoted For Truth

jinzo64
09-01-2013, 12:51 AM
thanks harr. :3

Seven
09-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Liked a couple, number 18 takes the cake though.

Guthix
09-01-2013, 07:29 PM
QFT

seconded

also
>husband
also
>expecting people to like old ****, while presenting it in meh fashion
also
>niggas
also
still a faggot.
on a side note since shes your waifu, wouldnt promoting her make more people try to claim her like you do?

N.P.C.C.
09-01-2013, 07:32 PM
seconded

also
>husband
also
>expecting people to like old ****, while presenting it in meh fashion
also
>niggas
also
still a faggot.
on a side note since shes your waifu, wouldnt promoting her make more people try to claim her like you do?

> Damn straight

>I present it in OUTRAGEOUS fashion. Get it right if you must comment on it.

> Yes, you're a nigga too.

> Still a stupid punk ass bitch.

> I don't have to worry about anyone claiming her here besides me. You niggas know better.

Marxist
09-01-2013, 10:26 PM
14. I have yet to see a Nichijou AMV that wasn't awesome.

thedarkmessenger
09-01-2013, 10:45 PM

and now I shall ruin that >8D

Marbil
09-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Weakest episode so far in my opinion, 9 and 21 did a fairly good job though. Leaning towards 21 but not sure.

Dblitzer
09-02-2013, 02:03 PM
To add my own views on some of the negative feedback about this episode. I don't actually think this is like a really bad episode, or at least this wasn't like some of the earlier AMV minis that I recall not being all that funny and giving me eye cancer from bad editing. That being said, I think what makes a good run of clips is when you have a few standout skits and more importantly a variation of comedic style or intent. This episode seems to have a lot of mediocre clips that lack major comedic punch which are all doing something very similar. The idea that you run with dissonance when doing metal clips isn't inherently wrong and it's obvious why most people did that, it's just that a lot of the video's here don't really make great use of that and it's more painfully obvious when it's repetitive.

You can have a clip like 02, that is a very simple joke, goes by fast enough to not really be grating, and looks nice enough but it really needs other types of clips, particularly more impactful ones, around it to work. I guess this is just a downside to having narrow challenges, an episode like this was unavoidable at some point.

With that said I think I'll abstain voting this round, 21 is good but just doesn't sway me enough.

SilentChaz
09-02-2013, 05:50 PM
You may not like what the nigga is saying/how he's saying it, but there's nothing wrong with him giving his opinion.
Thanks for defending my right to free speech there, NPCC.
If there isn't more Jem audio in the future rounds, we will all be very sad.

Nice of SilentChaz to still be criticizing the (clips) in a not so nice way
Whenever possible I will try suggesting improvements on certain clips- in the hope that my words might influence the editors in a small way and maybe help improve the overall quality of this project a tiny amount…
Comments like “I like clip 25” are all well and good, they just aren’t going to help improve anything. One needs praise and criticism to do better.

On a side note- I appreciate the fact editor’s names remain hidden until voting is over, this has allowed me to be frank and honest with my reactions to all the clips so far.

I will occasionally be sarcastic and maybe not nice in my comments about certain clips, but I would argue that some entries have warranted it.
Anyway, I expect to cheer up as the months go by. I’ve been recalibrating my expectation/excitement levels ever since the disappointment of 6.66.
I wasn’t particularly fond of the rounds one and two videos at first, but they’ve grown on me. This round didn’t have me falling out of my chair laughing, but I can see a couple entries slotting comfortably into the upcoming “Best of/Championship Edition 2" compilation.

Quoted For Truth
Jinzo, they're messing with you again. QFT = Queefed.
They queefed upon reading the post, see?

I don’t know… was this one (http://youtu.be/sQ7kfVkhpho?t=1m42s) awesome too?
I hate that movie.

Pururin
09-07-2013, 12:31 AM

Don't forget Justin Bieber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WzSuYXlXgMQ

N.P.C.C.
09-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Can't let that go, can't you?

Zarxrax
09-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Congrats to adzman for winning this round with Video 9, using Down with the Sickness!

PrinnyCat
09-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow I got one vote despite the terrible masking D: I wish I had skipped this one and entered the cute songs one instead

N.P.C.C.
09-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Really feel the right clip one this time.

Gleeman
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Congrats!

adzman
09-11-2013, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bEsKOEI.gif

thedarkmessenger
09-11-2013, 04:20 PM
And as expected, I got 0 this time around xD I fully understand why. The joke wasn't anywhere near as good as I was hoping to make it :|

Sir Fluffykins
09-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Congrats Adzman (seriously, THAT clip won? ;P)

SuperLoliSentai
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Can I start a petition to get the uncensored version of that clip into the final video?

Moon Spirit
09-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Damn, only got 10 votes. I guess it wasn't that bad. Well, my loss will still build up my experience in AMV making.

mattroks101
09-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Why are you complaining about getting 10 votes? Almost everyone else on there got less than 10.

Akyho
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
ah shoot I missed the video and the voting. All because Youtube never told me...... Oh well I catch the new one at least.

jinzo64
09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
now the votings finished and all names have been put there amvs I can finaly post the beta version of mine and barty's entry. personaly I prefer this one version but the concept was barty's that's why we went with the one that was subbmitted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqpsWQdZGyY&feature=youtu.be

p.s congrats on winning adz.

thedarkmessenger
09-11-2013, 07:45 PM
^I totally would of voted and voted for that one :O

jinzo64
09-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Sadly I made the video on behalf of Barty64, and the submitted entry was closer to his origional idea than the beta video is. but I am happy somebody voted for the digimon video.

Moon Spirit
09-12-2013, 04:25 AM
Why are you complaining about getting 10 votes? Almost everyone else on there got less than 10.

Yeah sorry. I was just so proud of my video. This was literally the most time consuming AMV I made, thus far. Right now, I'm making my 3rd for the 90s, and it actually took a shorter time period than I thought for putting it together. I guess I'm understanding my Adobe Premiere tools a lot more every time I use it.

Then again, I literally took 5th place, which is way better than my entry on the 1st challenge. Like I said, I was too proud to accept such a loss.

Hope I didn't sound like a douche because I really liked the winner's vid. I regret not choosing that one when I chose the Dimmu Borgir clip.

Virgil_Harris
09-12-2013, 04:41 AM
I think their were quite a few good entries this time around and vid 9 does deserve the win, since it almost becomes more of a straight musical comedy skit (21 did a pretty good job in that regard as well). I was impressed with 20 personally, the idea of it was really good; but I think it could have gotten more votes if the execution was a bit better (I'm not familiar with the series, so I apologize in advance if there wasn't much material to work with), maybe by using scenes that featured multiple characters to make it really pop, because the song and series choice was great I think. But in retrospect, I somehow feel deeply disappointed by the fact that in a "metal" challenge, no Alice Cooper or Black Sabbath was used.

Phatpug
09-12-2013, 07:08 AM
I didn't give a damn if mine came in first or last. Although I knew the majority of people would watch this on youtube, I was prepared for youtube's horrible quality on my visually intense AMV. I did really like 9.

FreqstyleRedux
10-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Alright, made a forum account just speculating why Psychostick - Metal? was not used at all.