falconmick
11-05-2013, 12:00 PM
When I went to go watch the new AMV mini challenge I am greeted with this? is it just me?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8050/hhpm.png

Really?
Freaking getting really sick of WMG takedown bull****, what ever happen to fair use and parody???
Sick of this bullll****
The internet is no longer a free place to express creativity

Sir Fluffykins
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Nope, it got taken down, because The Fox is totally not a joke song and it's rights must be protected at all costs. Watch on Vimeo or download it.

falconmick
11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I downloaded it, it just ****s me that youtube gives such un-controlled power to publishers and owners of content, here at youtube you are guilty until proven innocent. No fair use, No Parody.

mattroks101
11-05-2013, 01:53 PM
It's ok, it was only the Fox challenge, it's not like the people at youtube are missing much HA HA ZING!!!

I'm sure it will be back up soon though, amv hell videos have been taken down before and they always find a way back on youtube.

urahara1001
11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Good bye, first amendment. It was fun while it lasted.

DXM
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Good bye, first amendment. It was fun while it lasted.

I welcome the Soviet tanks if it means we will never see The fox again.

thedarkmessenger
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm surprised there are still people out there who are surprised at youtube removing videos.

DXM
11-05-2013, 02:43 PM
This was not about fair use
it was about removing the ****ing song from Mankind's history!

In other words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2KMkQLZmI

kapparomeo
11-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Surely this more than anything else would be covered under fair use? It's not taking "the heart" of a song (most of the skits just use the same few seconds of it) and is clearly for commentary and parody.

urahara1001
11-05-2013, 03:21 PM
I welcome the Soviet tanks if it means we will never see The fox again.

I dunno, I kind of equate it to that episode of Bob's Burgers with the anus paintings. It's bad, and we hate it too, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let someone else tell me what I can and can't display.

Oh, and happy Guy Fawkes day all. It's a great day to start a revolution.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I had one of mine taken down by Sony Music Japan International for copyright infringement.
They make you go to copyright school before they let you play again. (it's kinda funny actually)

In any case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfZG9UzK7E

DXM
11-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I dunno, I kind of equate it to that episode of Bob's Burgers with the anus paintings. It's bad, and we hate it too, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let someone else tell me what I can and can't display.

Oh, and happy Guy Fawkes day all. It's a great day to start a revolution.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18606_8-historic-symbols-that-mean-opposite-what-you-think.html

thedarkmessenger
11-05-2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_18606_8-historic-symbols-that-mean-opposite-what-you-think.html

Hah!

urahara1001
11-05-2013, 10:01 PM

Hey, I never said anything about what kind of revolution.

thedarkmessenger
11-05-2013, 10:13 PM
and now I'm reading random cracked articles....and bookmarking the ones I like.....thanks DXM! xP

DXM
11-05-2013, 10:32 PM
and now I'm reading random cracked articles....and bookmarking the ones I like.....thanks DXM! xP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

jinzo64
11-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I think what surprises people is theres so much copy righted material on youtube it hard to believe that videos are taken for copy right reasons.7 It's like when I uploaded an intro from bleach but it was blocked on copy right but there are stil copies of the same intro up on youtube. Youtube needs to stop blocking videos
personaly i think channels making money from the use of other peopels work should be blocked.

BakaLyte39K
11-06-2013, 10:34 AM
It's funny. My Super Sanity Edition of AMV Hell 6 stayed up for like, **** almost a year? And then it was recently muted for copyright.

So I just deleted it. I figured if Google's bots could sort through THAT mess they deserved it.

UTF
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Mark all your videos as unlisted. If the recognition software they use doesn't identify content it as soon as it's uploaded, the copyright holder will never find it on their own.

urahara1001
11-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Mark all your videos as unlisted. If the recognition software they use doesn't identify content it as soon as it's uploaded, the copyright holder will never find it on their own.

I believe this is worthy of being dubbed the Pro Tip of the Day.

thedarkmessenger
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM

Question: How will people who DO NOT HAVE THE LINK find your videos? I guess it's ok if you only want a select group of friends seeing it anyway, but...

urahara1001
11-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Question: How will people who DO NOT HAVE THE LINK find your videos? I guess it's ok if you only want a select group of friends seeing it anyway, but...

Correct me if I am wrong (and I very well may be), but I believe unlisted videos will still show up if someone searches your channel. They'd have to know who you are to look for it still, but you could use other videos for that visibility.

jinzo64
11-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I can't do unlisted videos at the moment I have a stike on my channelk so alot o fthe features have been disabled go to wait 6 months for the strike to go.

so my amv school spin off will be on vimeo.

thedarkmessenger
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Correct me if I am wrong (and I very well may be), but I believe unlisted videos will still show up if someone searches your channel. They'd have to know who you are to look for it still, but you could use other videos for that visibility.
that means other videos for youtube to take down xP

Moon Spirit
11-07-2013, 04:26 AM
*sigh* I hate fair use in cases like this. They do realize that clips were used for parody purposes, and they are still like, "NO! You cannot use this song! We don't care because we have money and you guys are pions compared to us!"

UTF
11-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I can't do unlisted videos at the moment I have a stike on my channelk so alot o fthe features have been disabled go to wait 6 months for the strike to go.

so my amv school spin off will be on vimeo.

Vimeo's been cracking down too. Both mine and Bonehimer's accounts were deleted.

Unlisted videos will show up in a playlist, but not in a channel's uploads. You could cross promote, by linking an unlisted video, inside a video that violates no copyrights. Unless WMG has interns around the clock searching every channel and video for copyright claim, they have no way of tracking a violation if the recognition software fails.

thedarkmessenger
11-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Unlisted videos will show up in a playlist, but not in a channel's uploads. You could cross promote, by linking an unlisted video, inside a video that violates no copyrights. Unless WMG has interns around the clock searching every channel and video for copyright claim, they have no way of tracking a violation if the recognition software fails.

That seems like an awfully annoying way to get people to like your videos. "Let's promote our REAL videos with other videos that potentially have NOTHING to do with them!"

UTF
11-07-2013, 10:03 PM
That seems like an awfully annoying way to get people to like your videos. "Let's promote our REAL videos with other videos that potentially have NOTHING to do with them!"

I subscribe to some popular channels that tend to promote a video on one channel, and link to another channel with the actual video inside. It's nothing new.