Zarxrax
01-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Lets hear your ideas for challenges.
I'm running out of my own, so I might take a few suggestions.

N.P.C.C.
01-16-2014, 01:24 AM
- Valentine's Day challenge

- Video Game audio/video challenge

- Special concept: The thread creator (zarx) presents a challenge idea and the next one to respond to him must accept that challenge and present his own then the next poster must accept that challenge and present his own. Ect.

- Fight scene challenge

- Challenge where you have to use only gender flipped audio synching. (Having female character synched to a male audio clip and vice versa)

- Truly Outrageous challenge (couldn't resist)

- Zombie themed challenge

- Mind **** challenge (clips that make you just say "what the hell did i just watch?")

- Boondocks challenge (You can only use audio clips from that TV Show)

MaskingTapeRoll
01-16-2014, 02:00 AM
- I second the valentines challenge(should be done in February)

- Obscure/under rated challenge, using audio or anime that hasn't really been used before

- 80's challenge

- Dance/Electronica challenge

- Video game audio, or at least something game related, somone talking about a video game or audio from a lets play or what have you.

- Cringe challenge

- Gangsta challenge

Sir Fluffykins
01-16-2014, 04:21 AM
Ideas:

Cartoon Themes (shortened of course)
Movie Trailers (also shortened)

Weird Wonky Ideas:

Dub Switch. Switching a characters voice actor's audio with the same actors audio from another show to create a joke.

^I 3rd the Valentines and Video Games ideas.

izumiyagami
01-16-2014, 04:39 AM
-noir/mystery
-set like a cooking show
-(for the pony thread) MLP
-top 10 movies from 2013 edited to seem like a trailer for one movie
-music mash-ups only

DXM
01-16-2014, 04:45 AM
Wrestling ( use a wrestling anime, Movie about wrestling, a movie or TV show sound clip staring a wrestler or a wrestlers Promo or Entrance music)

My little Pony: Uncut. Make the most foul thing come out everyone favorite Multi-colored magical ponies( extra points if you actually use the current gens VA's more rauncy works. Like Ms.Strong's work from drawn together lollipop chainsaw) , or use MLP sound clip on a gruesome anime ( Mad bull 34, MD geist, violence Jack etc)

superheroes: 'Nuff Said

MST3k: use Songs or sound bits from the greatest show ever made in Minnesota

thedarkmessenger
01-16-2014, 05:10 AM
Dragons.......and I guess we can throw in those fairies and unicorns and whatnot.

urahara1001
01-16-2014, 05:42 AM
I'll back the Valentine's Day challenge, just open for anything lovey-dovey based.

The Makeup Challenge - you can make a submission based on one of the previous challenges that you did not submit an entry for.

No Music Challenge - cannot use songs or anything music based for your audio source.

You Have 45 Seconds to be as American as Possible (could repeat for other countries as desired)

Barely Acceptable Challenge - must use video clips from a hentai source, but must keep it PG-13 (should be a real toughy)

Nostalgia Bomb Challenge - must use video and audio clips from when you were 12 or younger (will vary for each creator, so we'll probably need to share birth year along with the submission)

The Do-over Challenge - must use a video and/or audio source that you have used in a previous challenge

8-Bit Challenge - must use 8-bit versions of songs

Anime Games Challenge - must use video source from a video game with an anime theme to it

Money Shot Challenge - must use video and/or audio sources that have to do with money (would be good for when tax season starts)

Thanks Obama Challenge - must use video and audio that has come out since Obama was elected

The Beer Challenge - submissions must relate to beer or alcohol

I can come up with more, but let's see how those are received for now.

Thetruecrow
01-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Do it for the luls - Nothing makes sense, not in a completely random crap way, should still be good, but just some real wtf material.

CitizenRoman
01-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Tribute to black and white movie classics challenge - turn video clips from color to b/w and use audio from old movie classics from the 1920s to 1990s

tribute to MXC challenge

cringe challenge

prank call challenge - video clips that contain real prank call audio, radio prank calls, amateur prank calls

milleniummaster18
01-16-2014, 07:41 AM
My support goes to:
-Valentine's Challenge, of course.
-Mind **** Challenge
-Boondocks Challenge
-80's Challenge
-MLP Challenge
-Gangsta Challenge
-Barely Acceptable Challenge

As for new ideas... a foreign language Challenge?

Sir Fluffykins
01-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Completely random mash-up could be fun...or it could turn into a literal mess

Backmask
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Limit people to using footage that they animated themselves.
Of course, you'll end up with two or three clips at most.

Haar
01-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm in favor of the previously mentioned 80s challenge.

Studio challenge - You can only use footage from a certain anime studio, such as Manglobe, Toei, Satelight, et cetera.

TV challenge - You have to use audio from a television show of some sort.

Manga challenge - No anime footage permitted. Only stills and motion graphics sourced from manga. (Might be a little tricky)

Visual Novel challenge. - Same as the manga challenge, but with VNs.

00s challenge - Self explanatory. A large part of our audience is roughly 12 years old anyway.

Yaoi challenge - Your footage either has to be from a yaoi anime or has to look at least slightly homoerotic out of context. Think of all of the fujoshi clickbait.

SuperLoliSentai
01-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Hipster Challenge- Can only use audio or video never used in any AMV Hell project ever, including the 0's, minis and minis challenges! (To make it more challenging, make it so you can only use audio AND video never used in any AMV Hell project.)

MEP Challenge- A collaboration between two people to make a clip. (Might want to increase the time limit on this one by a little but I still think 40 seconds would be fine.)

One Liner Challenge- Use your favorite one liner to make a clip

Offensive Challenge- Make the most offensive clip you can without breaking the rules.

Censorship Challenge- Make a censored clip. This clip might need the censorship or might be overly censored for comedic effect

Berserk Challenge- Make a clip with any media involving the series Berserk. Please? I got so many extra clips made for this... No? Ok....

Shuiia
01-16-2014, 04:20 PM
I second the 80's, video game, valentines, Noir, obscure and boondocks challenges

Blues Challenge - Simple, create a video that will definitely give someone the blues

Mecha Challenge - Mechs, Jets, Planes, Space colonies, anything mechanical. Video and audio source have to be from something heavily focused on aforementioned things.

Cyberpunk Challenge - Use video and/or audio from something Cyberpunk to create something Cyberpunk.

Politics - Create something involving politics be it politically correct or incorrect.

Cooking - Use audio/video sources involving cooking.

SNL - Only use audio from Saturday Night Live

Goth/New Wave - Create something as goth or New Wave as possible

Just some ideas.

mattroks101
01-16-2014, 04:31 PM
I KNOW! YOU SHOULD DO A FUNNY CHALLENGE!

Like, where entries have to actually be funny! Nah that would be to hard never mind.

No but seriously I like the sounds of these ones so far.

I'll back the Valentine's Day challenge, just open for anything lovey-dovey based.

8-Bit Challenge - must use 8-bit versions of songs

Anime Games Challenge - must use video source from a video game with an anime theme to it

-Gangsta Challenge

I'm in favor of the previously mentioned 80s challenge.
Studio challenge - You can only use footage from a certain anime studio, such as Manglobe, Toei, Satelight, et cetera.

00s challenge - Self explanatory. A large part of our audience is roughly 12 years old anyway.

And maybe you could do a mashup challenge? Where you can only use mashup music? I dunno...

urahara1001
01-16-2014, 05:34 PM
After some sleep, I have round two of my list of ideas

The Feels Challenge - make a clip that causes as many feels as possible

Boobs Challenge - showcase the special relationship between anime and breasts (still needs to follow the rules)

Some Kind of Loli Battle Machine Challenge - make a clip showing your favorite deadly loli

Team Four Star Challenge - use a TFS audio clip set to a different source than they were using it for (Two Saiyans Play should still not be used with DBZ)

Kareoke Night Challenge - make a clip using a kareoke version of a song (does not have to be you singing it, though it can be)

Azumanga Challenge - we all know this has been sort of our poster child. Bring your biggest and best clips relating to Azumanga Daioh.

The Other Black Comedy Challenge - this was mentioned elsewhere, but here is a good place to bring it up again. Make a clip that relates to black (as in african american) comedy

SCIENCE! Challenge - make a clip that relates to the crazy, hair brained, and weird science-based ideas that have been popularized

or on that same train of thought...

The GLaDOS Challenge - make a clip using your favorite GLaDOS line

The Guitar Hero Challenge - make a clip only using songs that have been in the official playlist for a Guitar Hero game (does not have to be the same version that is in the game. And no Rock Band, **** you)

(insert band name) Challenge - pick a band and only allow songs by them as the audio source

The Wrong Generation Challenge - According to ancestry.com, a generation is currently defined as 25 years. Pick an audio and a video source that are 25 years apart.

Yo Momma Challenge - start this one when it gets close to Mother's Day. Make a clip using a yo momma joke.

I'll pause again and run with that for now.

N.P.C.C.
01-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I'll second a Dance/Electronica challenge, Karaoke night challenge, and noir challenge

Guthix
01-16-2014, 05:54 PM
trollin amv

Distict5-9
01-16-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm in for both the Valentines Challenge and for anything that might get people to use series that date from even before the '90s, but challenges that revolve around using only a single anime as a source sound as if they could get very boring fast (besides, we already did that twice in the minis)...

How about something like a "Ten seconds or less" Challenge? It would be probably similar to the One Liner Challenge Loli proposed, but not as strictly limited regarding the audio option...

MADEVIL
01-16-2014, 10:54 PM
I agree with a Valentines Challenge and some other forms of Holiday Challenges. The decades would also be a good use, other idea could be a Commercial Challenge, based off actual or self made audio.

LawRayLiet
01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
I would really like to see another western animation episode.

Favorites listed so far:
80's challenge
Gangsta challenge
Makeup Challenge
Censorship Challenge
Holiday Challenges
TV Theme Challenge
Mecha Challenge

ThatsNotMyName_studio
01-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Well, kinda surprised no one mentioned a 4:20 episode.

Black and White. could be anything from BW video, to 'black' or 'white'
in the title....
AC/DC. Um, must be audio that has not appeared in any AMVHell or minis.

Speaking of DC, how about DC Universe?

jinzo64
01-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Final Fantasy X the legend of zelda

DC X Marvel

Violent of the sake of it (just out right violence coz we can :Sweatdrop:)

The one with those Feels(make a sad amv)

Better love story than twilight(basically the valentines day idea I just wanted to peg a different name on to it)

thedarkmessenger
01-17-2014, 12:35 PM

......so you're suggesting a challenge called AC/DC that has nothing to do with AC/DC?

ThatsNotMyName_studio
01-17-2014, 03:19 PM
......so you're suggesting a challenge called AC/DC that has nothing to do with AC/DC?

It's actually not as restrictive as you might think

hosokawa37
01-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I didn't read the above, so sorry if any of these are repeats:

2000s [like 90s but with 2000s]
the 3-parter skits [since amv hell does have 3-parters, like the one in the dbz minis special in s2]
fanservice [tasteful keep in mind; enough to keep it sfw]
nsfw [essentially a 17+ challenge if applicable]
anime at work [fun skits of anime characters at work]
movie challenge [all skits have to be audio from hollywood movies]
long-running music [use bands/groups/singers that have been going for over 10 years, current or retired]
sports [anime using sports, or even sporting events within any anime]

i did happen to see valentines day challenge above; I approve

Sir Fluffykins
01-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Could do a sort of "Anime .Gifs with sound" deal, like the Vines. We've got a billion of them to choose from ----> http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?3091-Funny-Gif-Thread

Also "Childrens Show Audio" using audio from Muppets or something meant for toddlers, like Dora the Explorer and like that. Get some Thomas the Tank Engine or Tinkie Winkie audio going :P

Call back humour. Doing jokes or song clips that call back to older AMVH clips?

Arock
01-17-2014, 09:08 PM
I support the Valentine's day challenge seeing how it's about that time of year and it let's me use an idea I just came up with XD

thedarkmessenger
01-17-2014, 09:35 PM
It's actually not as restrictive as you might think

what does restriction have to do with my comment?

jinzo64
01-17-2014, 10:12 PM
what does restriction have to do with my comment?

Bondage has to do with your comment.
and this Nyan cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ1ovg_3Uo

hosokawa37
01-18-2014, 12:15 AM
i thought of another one: wild card. Where you choose any theme from previous challenges (except buddy system). good way for an editor to either redeem from a failed challenge, or submit to one they couldn't send into. depending on how many challenges you r planning on doing, you could have a couple of these

humnut
01-18-2014, 02:26 AM
Unnecessary Censorship - Make a clip with audio that has been altered to make it sound nsfw. Lots of bleeps and the like...

ThatsNotMyName_studio
01-18-2014, 05:55 AM

No, I'm suggesting a challenge that uses AC/DC audio, but audio that has not been used before in an amv hell or minis before.
So, no "You Shook Me All Night Long", nor "For Those About To Rock" nor "Dirty Deeds", because those have all been used before.

Akyho
01-18-2014, 07:03 PM
No, I'm suggesting a challenge that uses AC/DC audio, but audio that has not been used before in an amv hell or minis before.
So, no "You Shook Me All Night Long", nor "For Those About To Rock" nor "Dirty Deeds", because those have all been used before.

Dosnt sound possible as that means people need to do "research" into what songs they can and cannot use. Also too specific outside of the AC/DC use. Also I imagine as much of a head ache content Id and copywrite may be to AMV hell, dedicating it to an entire band will easily cause an almost instant claim.

How about a challenge dedicated to lip syncing? This should do away with music over fights scenes for a mini, sharpen the skills of people and give as all a good laugh at any terrible lip synching.

Goth/New Wave - Create something as goth or New Wave as possible.

NOOO! that is wrong. You cannot just lump Goth and New wave together! I think what you mean it Dark wave/New wave that is an acceptable lump. Since Goth is totally not New wave. Dark wave is a gothicish New wave.

I back 80's, video game, valentines, Noir, obscure, boondocks Cyberpunk,Dark wave*/New Wave

*was proposed as goth.

This is New wave.
Devo: Through Being cool. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HH_jher3c)

Blondie: Heart of Glass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU)

Gary Neumann: Cars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw)

Buggles: Video killed the Radio Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs)

Thomas Dolby: Europa and the pirate twins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNWPYH-XKpI)

And more recent years Polysics: New wave Jacket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexi76q63NU)
small Itialian band I found following Devo and Polysics Oh no it's Pok : R u Ok (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfoAYb8khY)

To be honest I dont listen to much Dark Wave. All I know is The Cure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nPiBai66M)

Dark wave is vastly diffrent and then you have gothic music is even more diffrent from the two.

I cannot agree with Goth/New wave. I barley Agree with Dark Wave/New wave.

Shuiia
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
NOOO! that is wrong. You cannot just lump Goth and New wave together! I think what you mean it Dark wave/New wave that is an acceptable lump. Since Goth is totally not New wave. Dark wave is a gothicish New wave.

Oh no absolutely not I didn't mean it as one lump but as two seperate entities.
I know that Goth and New Wave are two VERY separate things.
I meant it more as make something either New Wave or something Goth or have two separate challenges.

Kaiju
01-18-2014, 08:56 PM
A few ideas I have:

Tokuatsu/Kaiju: Music Vids set to guys in spandex fighting guys in rubber monster suits like Power Rangers, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Godzilla, Gamera, etc. And live action mecha-shows. (60th Anniversary of the Godzilla films this year PLUS the new one, and one can't deny the impact the films have had on the likes of the mecha genre, shonen (Dragonball Z borrows heavily from Godzilla monster designs) and seinen. )

Never Before Used: Clips and or Soundbits from anime or sources that haven't been used before in AMV Hell.

Spoiler Alert!: clips and soundtracks using nothing but spoilery moments.

Manga/VN editing: A more editing centric challenge focusing on making humor and video's out of single pictures, CGs, and the like.

Shuiia
01-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Spoiler Alert!: clips and soundtracks using nothing but spoilery moments.

I'm SO for this but the babby backlash will be too severe.
If we did this we'd be DDoS'd within a week post release.
That is given that any of those sperglords can even code.

Kaiju
01-18-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm SO for this but the babby backlash will be too severe.
If we did this we'd be DDoS'd within a week post release.
That is given that any of those sperglords can even code.

I heavily doubt they can even do such a thing, besides if the title outright says its spoilerly, then its their own autistic fault for watching it and throwing a **** fit.

Shuiia
01-18-2014, 09:22 PM
I heavily doubt they can even do such a thing, besides if the title outright says its spoilerly, then its their own autistic fault for watching it and throwing a **** fit.

True.

Distict5-9
01-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Manga/VN editing: A more editing centric challenge focusing on making humor and video's out of single pictures, CGs, and the like.

This. I like the sound of this...

Akyho
01-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Oh no absolutely not I didn't mean it as one lump but as two seperate entities.
I know that Goth and New Wave are two VERY separate things.
I meant it more as make something either New Wave or something Goth or have two separate challenges.

Right good glad thats clear.
Althou I was jamming to alot of 80s new wave and realised that basicly most of the 80s was new wave. So really to say New wave just means do 80's.

thedarkmessenger
01-19-2014, 08:00 AM

just because it's THEIR fault doesn't mean they WON'T blame someone else.

FORDboy357
01-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Will Ferrell screaming

Nintendo 64 (no barrel rolls allowed)

Bad movies

American animation

urahara1001
01-19-2014, 05:59 PM
just because it's THEIR fault doesn't mean they WON'T blame someone else.

Sorry, but that one's just too good not to include political motivation:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2enx7ae.jpg

jinzo64
01-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Will Ferrell screaming

Nintendo 64 (no barrel rolls allowed)
Are aileron rolls okay as technically the roll that is referred as a barrel roll in starfox 64 is actually an aileron roll

Bad movies
so DB evolution and the last Airbender

American animation
so things like the justice league.

DXM
01-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Tear Jerkers.

Sad Music Sad scenes in anime

CitizenRoman
01-24-2014, 05:14 AM
i was leaning more towards a cringe/cheesy challenge, now THAT'S an interesting concept

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughing-against-the-world.gif

Sir Fluffykins
01-24-2014, 07:22 AM
*EDIt* How I end up in this thread...

CitizenRoman
01-24-2014, 09:41 AM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/big-lebowski-the-dude-is-bored.gif

Don't lie... you NEVER left

Kaiju
01-25-2014, 01:32 AM
Here's one Rap Battles:
Two people team up each taking a different source for Anime and synching it up with some sort of Rap Battle either from actual rappers or something like Epic Rap Battles of History. (Gilgamesh synced up with Putin in ERB would be the best **** ever, I won't lie)

LawRayLiet
01-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Could do a Dance-off episode. Similar to the Haruhi dancing skits we've all seen, but to be done better and with more variety.
We've had episodes where an entry had to be under 7 seconds. So an episode where the skits must be 25 seconds or longer might be interesting. Call it the lingerer.

wrldtrvlr
01-28-2014, 04:44 AM
What about using only video game audio/music?

Gleeman
01-28-2014, 05:20 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1237883/war-it-s-fantastic-o.gif
War. It's fantastic!

Clips from war/combat scenes in anime, with audio from 2D war films or war documentaries. Or vice versa mabye?

Example: The sperm assault from Panty & Stocking with Tom Hank's speech during the beach assault from Saving Private Ryan.
(used that as an example because P&S was parodying that scene already so it's obvious)

urahara1001
01-28-2014, 06:59 AM
What about using only video game audio/music?

That has already been brought up. In the first three god damned replies.

And now I have this in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JM0nX-_So

thedarkmessenger
01-28-2014, 10:00 AM
That has already been brought up. In the first three god damned replies.

All the repeat ideas in this thread and THAT'S the one (and only one) that pisses you off?

Kaiju
01-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Funny News: Have clips put to audio of weird and strange news stories.

Shuiia
01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Funny News: Have clips put to audio of weird and strange news stories.

Got your back.
http://i.imgur.com/4FV15Y2.jpg

urahara1001
01-28-2014, 05:35 PM
All the repeat ideas in this thread and THAT'S the one (and only one) that pisses you off?

Others are buried in spots through out the thread, so those I am more understanding of scrolling past (hell, I probably missed some of the repeats myself). But one that came up at the very beginning of the thread, in the first three posts? Yeah, that's a bit irritating.

urahara1001
01-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Okay, had a few more come up that won't leave my head. So I'm gonna dump them out and you guys do what you will with them.

The Worst AMV Hell Ever - we have so many videos that people think are not funny or just generally not good. What would happen if we INTENTIONALLY make bad clips?

Is it Racist? - This title has been made popular on Tosh.0, but there are other places that it has come up. Make a clip that is borderline, but not blatantly, racist.

Preaching to the Choir - use an audio source that makes use of a choir

What a Twist - make a clip that either contains or is about a twist ending

Not sure on a good title for this one, but another partner challenge. This time, you pick either an audio or a video source, and your partner supplies the other for you. Alternatively, you could have one partner pick the video source, one pick the audio (broader this time, like artist/band instead of a certain song), and then you BOTH have to come up with different clips using the same sources.

Slow Ride - this was mentioned before in the buddy challenge, but I think it could stand on its own. Make a clip that makes use of slow motion (at least half speed).

Ruined Childhood - take a song intended for children and put it to a video that is not.

By Your Powers Combined - make a clip that revolves around one of the elements (earth, fire, air, or water. Yeah, I suppose you could do heart too, if you want to be a pansy).

CitizenRoman
01-30-2014, 02:09 AM
ok, how about an AMV hell about Let's players on youtube? (Seananners, Game Grumps, Markiplier, PewdiePie(i guess) and so on etc.

SilentChaz
02-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Already suggested ideas I support:

Vidya Gaems challenge <- We already did this one, it was called “Challenge 14: Beatbox”, but sure, we could do it twice. Put a ban on Falcon Punch, Team Fortress 2 and Barrel Roll gags however.
Movie Trailers challenge
TV themes challenge
Rasslin’ challenge
(Specific) Decade/ Year challenge
(Specific) Animation Studio challenge <- Ghibli/ KyoAni/ SHAFT being the obvious choices (Gainax has already been done)
(Specific) Band/Singer challenge
Obscure / Hipster / Fresh challenge (Use video and audio never before seen or heard in AMV Hell) <- THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE

Not suggested yet:

Harem Comedy challenge – By nature, harem comedies are about as funny as cancer, so this would be a challenge alright.
No Lyrics challenge - Just music and SFX. Although this will probably turn into yet another vidya gaem round.
Britannia Rules challenge – Use audio from British musicians/ TV shows / films.

arknorth
03-05-2014, 06:44 PM
PHOTOBOMBS!

Just where will Benedict Cumberbatch show up next!?

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5314383769bedd8873087b6d-3500-2571/benedict%20cumberbatch%20u2.jpg

Watch Daleks pop up in Azumanga Daiho!

http://wallpaperscraft.com/image/azumanga_daioh_kasuga_ayumu_dalek_anime_flashlight s_34077_1280x1024.jpg?orig=1

GUNDAM Vs Titans!

http://funnymama.com/store/130530/181108_v0_600x.jpg

And on and on!

Granted, it should be more like Mr. Cumberbatch's approach, though Dalek Osaka popping up behind her classmates would be a hoot.

Of course, we can't forget the father of all picture crashers...

http://hedgehoghugh.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/spiny-norman-demotivational-poster-1210023291-gif.jpg

ScrubBrush
03-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Whose Line Is It Anyway theme
including hoedowns, scenes from a hat, worst dating video, blind date, etc.
Anything the cast was in would work too, like commercials or game shows, etc.

Late Night T.V
anything that's is/was usually on t.v at or after 11:00pm
Talk shows: Craig ferguson, letterman, SNL, MAD TV (the fox comedy series) etc
Dating Shows: Blind Date, Fifth Wheel, etc
Anything else: South Park, Futurama, dating commercials, etc

CitizenRoman
04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Feels Challenge - make the saddest amv

Nightmare fuel challenge - make an amv that scares you, (phobia, jumpscares, horror movies, etc,)

Instrumental Challenge - No Lyrics, simple as that.

Fighting challenge - fighting audio clips or fighting music to anime fighting scenes

Sir Fluffykins
04-22-2014, 05:40 PM
If we're still bothering with ideas

Anime Gifs with Sound.

milleniummaster18
04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Could do a sort of "Anime .Gifs with sound" deal, like the Vines. We've got a billion of them to choose from ----> http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?3091-Funny-Gif-Thread

Anime Gifs with Sound.

At least bother with NEW ideas.

SilentChaz
04-22-2014, 07:26 PM
You're my new favourite person, Mill.

Ideas... erm... Reggae Challenge...?

Sir Fluffykins
04-22-2014, 07:56 PM
I didn't forget that I already said that, I just went back in time and told my past self to suggest that idea...yeah, that's totally what happened. XD

CitizenRoman
04-23-2014, 09:01 PM
00's challenge

j-pop challenge/otaku culture challenge - make an amv about the spirit of japanese anime culture or japanese music

anime theme music challenge

reality show challenge - get audio from all reality shows, including game shows, from any network, anything. the episode shall be entitled "reality check" or "reality sucks"

Kira
05-15-2014, 03:24 PM
What's the name of the tv show you have up as your display picture?

- Valentine's Day challenge

- Video Game audio/video challenge

- Special concept: The thread creator (zarx) presents a challenge idea and the next one to respond to him must accept that challenge and present his own then the next poster must accept that challenge and present his own. Ect.

- Fight scene challenge

- Challenge where you have to use only gender flipped audio synching. (Having female character synched to a male audio clip and vice versa)

- Truly Outrageous challenge (couldn't resist)

- Zombie themed challenge

- Mind **** challenge (clips that make you just say "what the hell did i just watch?")

- Boondocks challenge (You can only use audio clips from that TV Show)

PrinnyCat
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM
That would be Watamote

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Already suggested ideas I support:

Rasslin’ challenge

Let AMVHellMania run wild!
http://i.imgur.com/NjozEKB.gif

The Real Inferno
05-15-2014, 05:20 PM
I would support a wrestling themed episode if I thought for even a second that people would use more than one or two audio sources.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Hell yes to a wrestling challenge.

Hope people are more clever than putting Jim Ross's commentary over people getting hurt though.

Zarxrax
05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
half of the entries would probably be like dbz with hurcule clips, or the handful of wrestling anime out there.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
...Do it.

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:00 PM
half of the entries would probably be like dbz with hurcule clips, or the handful of wrestling anime out there.

ill just point to amv smack down and let you decide how badly this idea will burn

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 06:04 PM
ill just point to amv smack down and let you decide how badly this idea will burn

Not to put Dark down, but you know that project was noticeably rushed and unpolished as a whole.There is always possibility for a project to fail, but you can't attribute that to fuel this possibility.

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 06:08 PM
I've got a huge list of audio sources and with some creativity it can fit with a lot of things.

The only problem is that it will manly be smark and /wooo/ humor.

thedarkmessenger
05-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Not to put Dark down, but you know that project was noticeably rushed and unpolished as a whole.There is always possibility for a project to fail, but you can't attribute that to fuel this possibility.

not to mention Zarx is 100% guaranteed to actually get interest from more than 1 or 2 people.

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
not to mention Zarx is 100% guaranteed to actually get interest from more than 1 or 2 people.

you mean the same number of the people who actualy give a **** about that fighting theatre in this site?

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 06:23 PM
The only problem is that it will manly be smark and /wooo/ humor.

But who wouldn't get this!?

http://i.imgur.com/XeV5CEO.jpg

you mean the same number of the people who actualy give a **** about that fighting theatre in this site?

Wrestling fans tend to double as anime fans so that comment too is misguided. Even if they haven't watched lately, that just means their jokes would stem from earlier eras in the business which is probably more beneficial for everyone.

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 06:24 PM
you mean the same number of the people who actually give a **** about that fighting theatre in this site?

Geez, no need to be so cynical.

That's true.

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:26 PM

Wrestling fans tend to double as anime fans so that comment too is misguided. Even if they haven't watched lately, that just means their jokes would stem from earlier eras in the business which is probably more beneficial for everyone.

cool story bro

youll find me much worse then cynical, so prep yer anus

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 06:27 PM

That's true.

Guthix hates wrestling because it's for men and he's not one.

Sir Fluffykins
05-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Get what? :3

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Guthix hates wrestling because it's for men and he's not one.

sure, wresting is manly, next to gambling and being a youtube laughingstock

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
cool story bro

youll find me much worse then cynical, so prep yer anus

Nice to know that you're only here to derail the thread...

Haar
05-15-2014, 06:32 PM
it's for men

http://i.imgur.com/e0FqJvy.jpg

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Nice to know that you're only here to derail the thread...

said the guy who had his posts moved to the trash bin

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Get what? :3

http://i.imgur.com/NldqNeE.gif

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 06:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tTQ0RJL.gif Stop embarrassing yourself please.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 06:45 PM

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/NintendoPorn/8Zotl2.gif

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tTQ0RJL.gif Stop embarrassing yourself please.
just pointing out your hipocricy

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/NintendoPorn/8Zotl2.gif
so you abandoned yer pink slut gifs for that? well i guess it should be expected that you would go anywhere but down

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 06:52 PM
That's vintage bitch talk right there. Michael Cole would be proud!

urahara1001
05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm not a wrestling fan, so I can't really contribute to that conversation.

On coming up with more ideas, however, I have had another one: It's all in the Name. It would require using a song as the audio, and make a joke revolving around the song's title. The title does not necessarily have to be spoken at the point used (though it can be).

Oh wait, this requires people to know how to set up a joke... never mind, it's probably too complicated then.

Guthix
05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
That's vintage bitch talk right there. Michael Cole would be proud!

pretty sure pride is an alien word for you since you never recieved/earned any.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 06:57 PM
pretty sure pride is an alien word for you since you never recieved/earned any.

Dude...You jack off to little girls.

Now you really are just embarrassing yourself.

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 06:57 PM
just pointing out your hipocricy

Should I take that statement seriously from a guy who couldn't even spell hypocrisy?

http://i.imgur.com/P47EsAK.gif

Guthix
05-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Dude...You jack off to little girls.

Now you really are just embarrassing yourself.
so does half the members here
and you jackoff to a drawn bitch aswell
another hypocrit arrives

Should I take that statement seriously from a guy who couldn't even spell hypocrisy?
[/IMG]

you should totaly take everyting seriously because this is the internet, duh

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 07:14 PM
so does half the members here
and you jackoff to a drawn bitch aswell
another hypocrit arrives

Cop out.

Don't even try to compare your sick **** to mine just to look less ****ed. Plus, doing so only serves to negate your B.S. statement about "Pride." Hell, if you had this "Pride", you probably wouldn't have been dumb enough to botch "hypocrite" again. That level of stupidity is unheard of...

Guthix
05-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Cop out.

Don't even try to compare your sick **** to mine just to look less ****ed up.

everything drawn is over age of 18 ^^

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 07:19 PM
you should totaly take everyting seriously because this is the internet, duh

http://i.imgur.com/cOipBO5.gif You're a terrible heel...

everything drawn is over age of 18 ^^

Try that in a court situation.

Guthix
05-15-2014, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cOipBO5.gif You're a terrible heel...

cry me a river

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Gotta appreciate his commitment to the gimmick though...Even if he fails to get the heat he wants.

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Gotta appreciate his commitment to the gimmick though...Even if he fails to get the heat he wants.

I guess but he'll never be the next X-Pac, he should aim lower and maybe get a Mouthpiece.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I guess but he'll never be the next X-Pac, he should aim lower and maybe get a Mouthpiece.

Maybe he needs to become a Heyman guy. I heard his client Brock Lesnar Conquered the streak...1000 times.

MADEVIL
05-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Quit all the bitching and take it else where and lets get back on topic.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Someone's MADEVIL!

..So, how about that Jem Challenge?

urahara1001
05-15-2014, 07:52 PM

We already did it. It's called the 80's challenge.

Kintaro
05-15-2014, 07:53 PM

**** it, why not.

http://i.imgur.com/DaKvPJg.gif ****, I don't even have good source material..

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 07:55 PM
It's not enough...

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!

Plus, a misfits' and Stingers' challenge is still viable.

mattroks101
05-15-2014, 08:01 PM
There's enough Jem in AMV Hell/Minis as it is. You do not need an entire challenge for it.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 08:16 PM
There's enough Jem in AMV Hell/Minis as it is. You do not need an entire challenge for it.

What part of "IT'S NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!!" did you not see?

mattroks101
05-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Touche. But I'm being serious. I think a Jem challenge is a dumb idea.

N.P.C.C.
05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Well, i may be a tad bias.

Akyho
05-15-2014, 08:40 PM
I think Jem critical mass was hut with the last challenge. I mean I think an all Jem challenge could have been pushed before and everyone would have giggled as a one off. Except we had three Jem clips and it just shows even if the challenge is Jem or not, it doesn't matter.

We may get the expected 1 Jem clip however if too many people take up the Jem mantle at the one time....its just going to ruin the challenges. Sounds funny but there is too much of a thing

SilentChaz
05-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Obscure / Hipster / Fresh challenge (Use video and audio never before seen or heard in AMV Hell)
Seeing as how the credits list (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17158238/AMV_Hell/AMVHellCredits_spreadsheet.htm) has been updated and all, I’ll cry if we don’t eventually do this one.

tanis_lionheart
05-15-2014, 09:53 PM
****ty anime + good song

Anime video intro + cartoon song intro

milleniummaster18
05-15-2014, 10:20 PM
****ty anime + good song

Subjective + subjective?

Heh.

thedarkmessenger
05-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Subjective + subjective?

Heh.

my thoughts exactly. We would probably have to go entirely by Zarx's standards for this kind of idea to work at all, and who besides Zarx himself will fully know and understand Zarx's personal tastes in anime/music?

Kintaro
05-16-2014, 02:21 AM
My only hope is that the challenge doesn't funnel itself with to many rules.

To many rules will hinder my creativity, well for me at least.

CitizenRoman
05-17-2014, 05:24 AM
Epic challenge - orchestra music set to any scene that wouldn't normally be considered epic, try to make a scene epic and funny at the same time.

Ventrilo harassment challenge

Akyho
05-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Might have been suggested before. How about a challenge called "Something like....but not"?

This comes from the buddy challenge a while ago were one person got "Something like FLCL but not FLCL." and used Kill La Kill.

So could be anime on anime, Video game on anime maybe even live action? Such as harking back to someone did an anime with Groundhog day.

I know Npcc doesn't need to worry about not participating if this came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6ETHiUxeU

tanis_lionheart
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Soft meets Hard

Example:
An excerpt from 'Swan Lake' being played as Godzilla destroys ****.

urahara1001
05-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Soft meets Hard

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/george-takei.gif

N.P.C.C.
05-23-2014, 02:46 PM
How about a "Pitch Edit" challenge? I find it interesting to raise/lower the pitch of random songs and see just how the vocals of a track sounds when it seems as if someone of the opposite gender is singing it.

humnut
05-23-2014, 03:09 PM
How about a "Pitch Edit" challenge? I find it interesting to raise/lower the pitch of random songs and see just how the vocals of a track sounds when it seems as if someone of the opposite gender is singing it.

So, a Nightcore Challenge?

N.P.C.C.
05-23-2014, 03:41 PM
So, a Nightcore Challenge?

Forgot some call it that. Only seen that said a handful of times on youtube.

TSBasilisk
05-27-2014, 05:41 AM
Then and Now

Take audio and video at least a decade apart from a long-running franchise or the collective works of a major creator.

CitizenRoman
05-27-2014, 05:56 AM
we should do a manga only comic panel challenge

FORDboy357
05-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Non-eastern animation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chewi105
05-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Non-eastern animation

We already had a full mini episode of that.

TSBasilisk
05-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Baby's First Anime

Use video from the first anime you ever watched. If you're a purist and reject that over-edited shows like Voltron and Robotech are still anime, use the first show that you consider anime.

Might disallow widespread shows such as DBZ or place a limit on how many clips featuring the show would be accepted.

FORDboy357
05-28-2014, 12:26 AM
We already had a full mini episode of that.

But not a challenge.

Baby's First Anime

Use video from the first anime you ever watched. If you're a purist and reject that over-edited shows like Voltron and Robotech are still anime, use the first show that you consider anime.

Might disallow widespread shows such as DBZ or place a limit on how many clips featuring the show would be accepted.

I love this idea!

Akyho
05-28-2014, 02:27 AM

Putting such rules inplace ruins the idea in the first place. For some their Anime experiance goes DBZ One Peice Naruto Bleach in that order.....and I feel sorry for them.

Also there is no challenge. You just make a clip, thats basicly all that it is. There is no theme as its personal taste and no one can rule for personal taste. We can rule whats 80s and whats not, even bicker what stradles the line.

It would be a zero rule challenge.

No challenge, no rules, no point.

Chewi105
05-28-2014, 02:49 AM
But not a challenge.
a challenge is pretty unnecessary. We got it right once, no need to ruin it with a buncha lack luster clips. That, and im sure there are other ideas that would be better to use than a rehashed one.

If you're a purist and reject that over-edited shows like Voltron and Robotech are still anime
But they arent. Both are adaptations done by american studios.

violet555555555
05-28-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm itching to see a sweets-only challenge (only funny videos with some sort of sugary candy/confectionery item is allowed). I know there have been those types of things in the AMV Hells, but I don't remember any being in the Mini's.

N.P.C.C.
05-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Sounds too similar to the "sugar overdose" challenge.

violet555555555
05-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Hmm, I guess so. How about a Head Trauma challenge?

FORDboy357
05-28-2014, 07:02 PM
"Bad trip"

Edit in a way to mimic psychoactive hallucinations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

violet555555555
05-28-2014, 07:06 PM
"Bad trip"

Edit in a way to mimic psychoactive hallucinations.

I remember something like that being in AMV Hell. Has there been anything like that in the Minis?

FORDboy357
05-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Maybe so. I remember making an amv using I'm on shrooms by the lonely island for one of the minis but I can't remember what the theme was.

TSBasilisk
05-29-2014, 05:05 AM
The Razzies

Use audio only from movies/trailers for movies that have won a Golden Raspberry Award.

Thetruecrow
05-29-2014, 05:14 AM
Regret.

urahara1001
05-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Here's an idea that just came to me. The "That's All You Can Say!" challenge. The whole clip can only use one spoken word. The same word can be repeated multiple times, but that one word is all you get.

FORDboy357
05-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Here's an idea that just came to me. The "That's All You Can Say!" challenge. The whole clip can only use one spoken word. The same word can be repeated multiple times, but that one word is all you get.

I don't see that going well. It'll either all be Swedish chef style or dramatic build up to a one word punchline.

Akyho
05-29-2014, 02:30 PM
This is going to sound sane.

How about challenge called "AMV Hell Minis challenge the final episode"

Everyone gets to choose a clip from past Amv Hell Minis Challenge that was done poorley and didnt win, then redo it if they think they can do better. The winner is then put in charge of AMV Hell 8 and the loser is in charge of AMV Paradise with the task of makeing it better than AMV hell and makeing a billion dollars from it.

I now...it was an obviouse idea.

LawRayLiet
05-29-2014, 03:28 PM
A challenge named "Eye Candy".
Must use a non-upscaled 1080p BD source. Also should be judged harshly when accepting videos as to the overall quality of the entries (no ghosting, interlacing, leftover frames, etc.) The episode could be released in 1080p as well.
It would be a good training exercise for some.

thedarkmessenger
05-29-2014, 09:56 PM
A challenge named "Eye Candy".
Must use a non-upscaled 1080p BD source. Also should be judged harshly when accepting videos as to the overall quality of the entries (no ghosting, interlacing, leftover frames, etc.) The episode could be released in 1080p as well.
It would be a good training exercise for some.

At least voting will be easy. I just hope both the clips submitted will be good, otherwise it'll be WAAAAAAAAY too obvious which one will win (unless they both suck, which would be even worse)

TSBasilisk
05-30-2014, 04:38 AM
Daytime Anime

Use audio only from daytime television (soap operas, Jerry Springer, Oprah, etc.).

Kaiju
05-30-2014, 05:06 AM
"Anything you can do, I can do better" Take a clip from a previous Hell or Mini's and redo it to make it better or funnier. Good for those who wanted to do a certain audio and anime source, but someone else did it but with less than stellar execution.

kapparomeo
06-03-2014, 12:38 AM
Classical Music - this would encourage some thinking outside of the box. It's not without precedent either - classical music skits are not typical but there have been a number of them in the Hells so while certainly challenging it's not an impossible subject.

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 10:53 AM
"There's no place like home"

Use audio or themes that are local to your state/region/prefecture/country

Being from the southeastern U.S., I think this could be a lot of fun for me but this idea could possibly alienate other people who don't know the culture of some of the members from other countries (if there are any)

CitizenRoman
06-04-2014, 02:05 PM
"There's no place like home"

Use audio or themes that are local to your state/region/prefecture/country

Being from the southeastern U.S., I think this could be a lot of fun for me but this idea could possibly alienate other people who don't know the culture of some of the members from other countries (if there are any)

that is an interesting concept right there

Akyho
06-04-2014, 02:50 PM
There is something to that idea....except all I can think is this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S47I2d4vPyk

Sir Fluffykins
06-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Being from South Africa I'd be stuck using

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxt6mxHl-cc

or worse, DIE ANTWOORD :<

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Being from South Africa I'd be stuck using

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxt6mxHl-cc

or worse, DIE ANTWOORD :<

You could use district 9 audio or a Nelson Mandela speech.

Akyho
06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Id much rather use some music for such an Idea. Considering I have plenty to choose from.

Proclaimers:500 miles. Its almost the national anthem for Scotland. You wont get a Scot that cant and wont sing to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI

Runrig:Loch Lomond. This is another strong anthem for Scots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQ1pNfbe3Q

Or even Andy Stewart: Donald where's your troosers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJflQfNUE8

I could even go to the bad side of it all...

Del Amitri- Roll to me. The baby with the Greyer hair and keyboard. That was my Radio Lecturer in College. He also played Accordion in the band....that man is boring as ****!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-xk762M0Y

I am also British dual citizenship and all. I could even pilfer Irish English and Welsh stuff.

Also for you Fluffy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3NJwyzFlTE

Ps Thanks fluffy I found out they uploaded a new music video and its ****ing awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvMXVHVr72A

YEAH! MORE DIE ANTWOORD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMHkvEVgVo

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Plus you've got Sean Connery, the 9th Doctor, Gerard butler. LOTS of good audio.

Akyho
06-04-2014, 03:51 PM
10th Doctor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCkVWoh4K3A

I also have John Barrowman! Companion to the Doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtDg23G1uc8

I also have Peter Capaldi the new 11th Doctor and also Craig Ferguson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zhExXiL8A

Also Sylvester Mccoy the Seventh Doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=470qN_j6C9s

Choices and choices.

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Don't forget Scrooge McDuck

Akyho
06-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Scrooge McDuck is a racist American stereotype.

I however do have Colin Mochrie too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKfAb0CC8_I

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 04:24 PM

I however do have Colin Mochrie too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKfAb0CC8_I

Lololol

And you could do some fantastically funny things with Whose Line audio. Lucky bastard...

Akyho
06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Even funny Scottish Sketch shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udWx9jKVcj8

NSFW Stick with it...to the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKelPiDXEwc

Even our Adverts have their charms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xnHq-PxYA

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Also, it should be required to put where you're from in the submission form

tanis_lionheart
06-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Fire?

Anime with fire or song with lyrics about fire/flames.

FORDboy357
06-04-2014, 06:30 PM
I fear that would become overrun with dragonforce

Akyho
06-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Fire?

Anime with fire or song with lyrics about fire/flames.

Fluffy has a 2 minute and 30 second clip of Fire jokes to the same scene. Also Zarx is sick of fire jokes and people on fire from ALL the AMV hells.......I even had a clip that had being on fire....only a little.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6brhjq44av4ifum/LOGHNavy.mp4

Also I can use this! Maybe....more so Canadians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36b1u9zTp1I

tanis_lionheart
06-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Has there been a TV (live action) Mini?

milleniummaster18
06-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Aye.

CitizenRoman
06-04-2014, 11:33 PM
subtitles challenge?
try to make the funniest subtitled dialogue in a japanese dubbed anime

sports/racing challenge

musical challenge

Kintaro
06-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Putting bad English hentai dubs over anime or vice versa.

I've done it before and it does turn out funny.

....One can dream of having an NSFW Challenge...

tanis_lionheart
06-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Do your own subs

CitizenRoman
06-13-2014, 04:19 AM
Do your own subs

speaking of subs, i'm going to subway for those meatball marinara subs, quiznos is ****.

izumiyagami
06-13-2014, 04:39 AM
speaking of subs, i'm going to subway for those meatball marinara subs, quiznos is ****.

you're my hero~

Rezi
06-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Eurovision Song Contest?

urahara1001
06-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Eurovision Song Contest?

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the audience won't know what Eurovision is. The only reason I know about it is from reading Scandinavia and the World.

N.P.C.C.
06-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't know if it was suggested yet, but how about a mash up challenge? The song and or audio track just has to use multiple sources.

TSBasilisk
06-14-2014, 05:24 AM
Walt Would Not Approve

Pair audio from a Disney production with an anime from the same year.

Taken straight, this would eliminate some of the older Disney works from usage as they predate the genre. Hm...

FrustratedRocka
06-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Musical theater, anyone?

CitizenRoman
06-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Musical theater, anyone?

I don't think that's been done.
Another idea, cgi/mmd challenge, for those unfamiliar, YouTube search "MMD"

TSBasilisk
06-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Shakespeare in the AMV

Use audio from a movie, play, audiobook, etc. of a Shakespearean piece. Plenty of humorous moments if you know where to look, plus putting serious Shakespearean dialogue on, say, Hamtaro.

PS: Love that Shakespearean actually has an auto-correct.

DXM
06-15-2014, 11:18 PM

Question?

How is it racist when his origin was that he came from nothing ( literally his lucky dime was the first bit of money ever had) and a string of high risk adventures that paid off in huge awards is the source of most of his money?

Have you not read the comics or the watch the TV show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMU2NwaaXEA

Akyho
06-16-2014, 12:54 PM
His Scottish heritage plays on the stereotype of Scotsmen being miserly/tight with money, not very smart and does not perk up for anything but money, Short tempered, abusive, course, and the ever parade of Scottish traditions played to make fun of Scots.

These are negative Stereotypes of Scots and main factors to Scrooge's character.

Rezi
06-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Theme Song Mash Up - Editor must replace the audio from an opening sequence with audio from the opening sequence of a different show/series. (Video must be anime but audio can be whatever)

TSBasilisk
06-24-2014, 08:39 PM
The Top 100

Zarxrax selects a "Top 100" list of anime, movies, TV shows, and music. After selecting their anime source, the creator then chooses an audio source with the same ranking from the other lists (e.g., #1 anime video with #1 movie audio).

Rezi
07-01-2014, 06:24 PM
"EL OH EL"

Audio source must be from a comedy movie.

Shuiia
07-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Eurovision Song Contest?

****ing this!

milleniummaster18
07-01-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the audience won't know what Eurovision is. The only reason I know about it is from reading Scandinavia and the World.

****ing this.

FORDboy357
07-01-2014, 08:42 PM
"As seen on TV"

Use nothing but cheesy infomercial audio

LawRayLiet
07-03-2014, 04:01 AM
I think in Hell 3, video 21(Titanic) is one of the best of any Hell. A challenge to mix Film footage and Anime may produce some great stuff.
Watching 4 again and seeing video 45(Yotusuba&!), got me thinking a manga challenge could be interesting as well.

TSBasilisk
07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Running Gag

Create three or more snippets based on the same gag. Voting is based on the specific gag rather than a set clip.

The biggest problem would be getting enough response to this to have the various snippets distributed throughout the episode and not too close together.

CitizenRoman
07-11-2014, 02:13 AM
We need an old school hip hop, rap, and R&B challenge

FrustratedRocka
07-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Musical theater challenge, anyone?

tanis_lionheart
07-14-2014, 02:59 AM
Songs you hate with anime you love.
Or, vice versa.

FORDboy357
07-14-2014, 11:49 AM
We need an old school hip hop, rap, and R&B challenge
I don't think I could get away with using NWA

hosokawa37
07-15-2014, 03:32 AM
Movie Challenge - use a movie clip
Sitcom Challenge - use a clip from a sitcom
Movie Quote Challenge - use a movie clip with a famous line
SFW Adult Humor Challenge - take audio that's either risque or questionable, and make it Safe For Work
Sports Challenge - use a sports anime and/or audio source relating to sports

ScrubBrush
07-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Well we already had an '80s challenge, so why not a 90's challenge, only we can use any anime we want but the audio has to be from the '90s.

Sir Fluffykins
07-15-2014, 05:00 PM
I thought we did a 90's challenge...

urahara1001
07-15-2014, 05:51 PM
I thought we did a 90's challenge...

That we did. It was full of DBZ.

CitizenRoman
07-15-2014, 06:47 PM
70s challenge

PrinnyCat
07-15-2014, 07:00 PM
70s challenge
That would have to be audio only I hope, as I don't know a single anime from the 70's. If there was any...

SuperLoliSentai
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
That would have to be audio only I hope, as I don't know a single anime from the 70's. If there was any...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Battleship_Yamato
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_Ninja_Team_Gatchaman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grendizer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casshan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_III_Part_II
etc.

But like the 80's challenge it would probably allow using only audio from the 70's.

tanis_lionheart
07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
That we did. It was full of DBZ. So make it so DBZ and other 'abused' anime are banned.

OT:
Actually, that's a good idea, I think.

How about an AMV Mini where certain 'overly used' anime are NOT allowed.

urahara1001
07-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Edumacational Challenge: use an audio source that is educational in nature. It could be a documentary, an educational TV special or series, or perhaps even an instructional video. I know I've seen several educational things that could be quite hilarious when taken out of context.

FORDboy357
07-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Edumacational Challenge: use an audio source that is educational in nature. It could be a documentary, an educational TV special or series, or perhaps even an instructional video. I know I've seen several educational things that could be quite hilarious when taken out of context.
David Attenborough/Bill Nye + anime = laughter.

SilentChaz
07-16-2014, 08:27 AM
why not a 90's challenge
Urge to kill rising… (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304-AMV-Minis-Challenge-Rules-amp-Deadlines)

'overly used' anime are NOT allowed
Great! We have another supporter of the “Never used before in AMV Hell” challenge!
Do it, Zarx! Do it do it do it do it

TSBasilisk
07-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Public Safety Anime

Use audio only from PSAs, including joke PSAs.

cube mine
07-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Public Safety Anime

if that ever happens i would be interested to see how many entries use RVB PSA's

FORDboy357
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
How about a hybrid challenge? Meaning using both anime and out-of-context live action footage to make a funny.

FORDboy357
08-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Game Grumps challenge

EvilBlackDarkness
08-09-2014, 03:44 PM
How about a "Disney songs only" challenge?

DXM
08-21-2014, 04:40 AM
Public Safety Anime

I am down for that.

also foreign film

one must use non English and Japanese audio.

tanis_lionheart
08-21-2014, 04:50 AM
Musician specific?
Like...Weird Al Only.

PrinnyCat
08-21-2014, 08:41 AM
^I'm up for musician specific challenge if the amount of same songs is limited, like only up to two people can enter with the same song, just to stop another fox challenge happening

Zarxrax
08-22-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking I should do a comedy challenge for people to submit a funny video.

urahara1001
08-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Nah, you've got to reverse psychology this bitch. Ask for a tragedy challenge so that they submit something funny. And even if they don't, tragedy is hilarious.

FORDboy357
08-22-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking I should do a comedy challenge for people to submit a funny video.
I thought they were supposed to be funny anyway?

Or is this a jab at recent submissions?

Or do you mean using comedian audio? Cause that'd be fantastic.

milleniummaster18
08-22-2014, 03:55 PM
You're not very bright, are you?

FORDboy357
08-22-2014, 04:05 PM
You're not very bright, are you?
So bright my dad calls me son

milleniummaster18
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
That's all I needed to hear.

hosokawa37
09-20-2014, 05:15 AM
The Most Hated Challenge - use a song/song of a band/song of a singer/audio source that most people just can't stand

examples include Beiber, The Fox (which should be banned for this), etc

tanis_lionheart
09-20-2014, 05:22 AM
AMV HELL: Anime Music Videos ONLY

FORDboy357
10-06-2014, 05:20 PM
A merged gif style challenge. Take two unrelated anime, merge them together, laugh. Google merged gif to really get what I'm trying to say.

"Executive producer Lorne Michaels" make amvs based on SNL skits or SNL alumnus-starring movies. Anything produced by Lorne Michaels.

Sir Fluffykins
10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
"DO IT BETTER" Challenge.

Choose a clip from AMVH and using the same video and audio source of the clip, DO IT BETTER

FORDboy357
10-06-2014, 06:19 PM

Choose a clip from AMVH and using the same video and audio source of the clip, DO IT BETTER
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/06/65968fc28b7b2ca4d5370c4407902f9d.jpg

It'd be humbling.

N.P.C.C.
10-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I like that idea. "Anything you can do, i can do better" challenge?

FORDboy357
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah, let the haters put their money where their mouth is.

Editors have to use the same visual and audio source, but not the exact same footage and audio. Same episode and song/source, but doesn't have to be the exact same that was used

Matey
10-06-2014, 07:01 PM
i vote for a no fanservice/cute girls challenge

edit: and no high school.
edit2: for clarity... you can have attractive female chars in there just no fan service and none of the super moe k-on type stuff.

This challenge will never be done D:

urahara1001
10-06-2014, 07:12 PM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpg

Actually, I think doing one like this specific for AMVH7 would be okay, keeping things relevant and current and all that jazz.

SirLoinofBeef
10-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Proposing a challenge similar to the one where we took our worst rejected entries from AMV Hell 7, but instead using the clips that we feel were the best out of the ones that were denied.

Sort of like a Director's Cut version, where we can see some of the clips that didn't quite make the cut, but are still good in their own right, and let people vote on which one was the best.

Also seconding this one.

hosokawa37
10-07-2014, 12:58 AM

I had that same idea. holy crap.

also, a challenge similar to amv hell minis s2 ep 1 (since they are short skits like the vines challenge, 3 entries would be allowed, giving the same length of time as vines)

tanis_lionheart
10-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Minis ZERO

FORDboy357
10-07-2014, 01:35 AM
Minis ZERO
Get with the program

FORDboy357
10-07-2014, 04:56 PM
What about a challenge where zarx chose 4-5 minutes of audio and everyone claimed different 30 second sections that we add anime to? So when you put it together, it makes something semi-coherent

urahara1001
10-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Sort of a round robin story telling? I could see that being interesting, but it'd be difficult to organize for the challenges. I think that might do better as one of the spin off challenges, similar to the Buddy System Redux. Say you pick a movie, someone does 30 seconds of its story, then the next person does the next 30 seconds, and so on.

FORDboy357
10-07-2014, 07:29 PM
A good example of what I'm talking about is Star Wars Uncut

http://www.starwarsuncut.com/

hosokawa37
10-07-2014, 07:58 PM
it just about sounds like a group AMV (and sounds very similar to what you see in credits of an AMV Hell)

FORDboy357
10-07-2014, 11:54 PM
It'd play like that, yes, but not as fast-paced

ThatsNotMyName_studio
11-24-2014, 12:06 AM
AMV Minis Challenge #37 - Kevin Smith

hosokawa37
11-24-2014, 01:42 AM
Old Dog, New Tricks - a challenge where you use an anime and song/audio where there is over a 20, 30, of 40+ year difference between them.