SLAYER NEXUS
10-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Mine seem to sprout up right when I am away from my house and then once I get home I'll rush and throw a short clip together which has resulted in some of my best work. I get my ideas from lyrics and I try to piece together which anime fits best with what the lyrics are describing that way the amv short just flows together. Also if you've seen any of my work it is rather dark since I am what you call an "anime metalhead hybrid" I tend to use a lot of dark humor and childish humor. So now that I've answered my own question how about you?

animemental1
10-09-2010, 11:15 AM
So you're a Psychostick fan, eh? JK, JK.

Whenever I get an idea in my head, I try to keep it there until I can get to a computer. Then, I open Word & type it down on my list.

humnut
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Hard to say, my best seems to be when I try to think of something no one has done before. Actually, scratch that, my best is when I'm 100% bored and just start throwing random crap together.

Examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIBNzrlLVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FyXZCCLiN0

However when I really try, I'm never satisfied with my own results...

UTF
10-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Mental illness.

SleeplessPanda
10-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm more of a music nut than an anime nut, and I listen to a TON of different artists and genres, so it's easy for me to find songs or parts of songs that go with certain scenes from different animes I've seen. I haven't seen too many animes though, but once I get started on more series, I'm sure things will start to fit together more. I was just kicking back listening to Elton John after watching a couple Soul Eater episodes when the idea for "Franken Stein Across the Water" hit me. :D

abyssion1337
10-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I pull mine straight out of the aether, but then I have to shape them into dreams before they become viable

BohTheBear
10-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Depends, if I hear something funny on a show or in a song.

and I think it'll fit to like..Macross or Cowboy Bebop or something I'll throw it together.

DXM
10-10-2010, 01:34 AM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii310/craigslistchicago/Vintage%20French%20Advertisement%20Art/absinthe.jpg

Riaki
10-10-2010, 01:49 AM
I havent gotten any ideas well I have its just my music selection went down the hole sense I just cleared my comp this morning but maybe music will give me inspiration to make a clip...

Shirker
10-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Do you mean clips for Hell/Minis or regular AMVs.

For the former, it's usually an "oh snap" kinda thing. If I'm watching something interesting/funny, or just thinkin' about random stuff, the idea just kinda pops up and I think "Heh, that's a good one". Hopefully I'm on the comp at the time and I jot it down.

For the latter, much like SleeplessPanda, I'm a huge music fag. When I'm not on the webz or gaming, I spend alot of my time listening to it. If something has a good beat or a nice feel to it, I can't help but think about the many ways I can put such an awesome song to use until I eventually pin point an anime it'll fit to. I usually have the main transitions, effects and whatnot in my head before I even manage to gather the clips.

SLAYER NEXUS
10-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Do you mean clips for Hell/Minis or regular AMVs.

For the former, it's usually an "oh snap" kinda thing. If I'm watching something interesting/funny, or just thinkin' about random stuff, the idea just kinda pops up and I think "Heh, that's a good one". Hopefully I'm on the comp at the time and I jot it down.

For the latter, much like SleeplessPanda, I'm a huge music fag. When I'm not on the webz or gaming, I spend alot of my time listening to it. If something has a good beat or a nice feel to it, I can't help but think about the many ways I can put such an awesome song to use until I eventually pin point an anime it'll fit to. I usually have the main transitions, effects and whatnot in my head before I even manage to gather the clips.
I'm talking about amv's in general so ya amv hell is included in that equation.

Chillpalazzo
10-10-2010, 03:46 AM
In the shower.

hosokawa37
10-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Most of the time, I hear an audio clip or song, and if any anime comes to my mind, I write it down, and work with. for example: my clip in minis X2 (puni puni poemi - whose line is it anyway?), i was watching the episode with whoopi goldberg during the game "props" and when that specific line came up, I thought of the anime, so i put those two together, and tah-dah.

Sometimes, its the opposite, sometimes I watch an anime and then come up with an idea of a song in which to make an AMV with. For example, I watched sora no otoshimono, and came up with the idea to pair it up with family guy's "nice day to be nude" (this AMV was not accepted). Thats where my ideas come from generally ^^

Ranma
10-10-2010, 05:08 AM
yeah mine just kinda come too me from no where... other sometimes jump at me while i'm at work - then being some clips almost seem to obvious, usually end up thinking to myself "has it been done before" and i can visualize a completed one...which then makes me wonder if it has been done before - so when i get to a computer i usually tend to search the idea before pursuing with making it XD ....which its a 50/50 result - others i get just from watching a show and when something happens that immediately sparks the idea and i play it out in my head as i'm watching, then pursue to make it....at the end of the episode... e.g: both of my slayers clips i thought up during that specific part of an episode and was kinda surprised it hadn't already been done XD

AKALink
10-10-2010, 06:54 AM
I study music so I get my ideas from musical comedy or parody. All the AMVs I had in AMV Hell 5 were parodies of artists and music. And all the ones I had rejected or I decided not to submit were all music based.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPcLW8wkaU8

XelaisPWN
10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
This is the one part of the AMV creation process I have the hardest time with.

If it counts for anything, I get 90% of my ideas either on the toilet or the internet. Wait, is there a difference? *ba-dum-tish*

Chewi105
10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
they just.....come. if i see a audio clip that would go well with an anime clip, i write it down

Evileel
10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Yes, toilet room is like the hatchery of the best ideas.

Chewi105
10-13-2010, 10:02 PM
i concur!

Haar
11-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Mine are pulled from the nether regions of my mind, late at night when I'm nearly asleep. I also get some when watching movies, though. The amount of ideas I get while actually watching the anime I'm going to use is pretty low.

thedarkmessenger
11-22-2012, 06:56 PM
AAAAAH! ZOMBIE THREAD!!!! D8

....on topic: I get my ideas from random places, but mostly while I'm listening to songs.

kireblue
11-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Every time I hear a song I like, I immediately try to think up anime that it can be paired with. So I randomly get new ideas every time I listen to music while at my computer, in the car, or even walking down the street.

N.P.C.C.
11-24-2012, 04:40 PM
From the depths of hell i'd imagine...

jinzo64
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
mine come from my imagination but sometimes it doesn't work and I go for months with out making anything.