Zarxrax
02-26-2014, 03:28 PM
AMV Minis Challenge #18: Unnecessary Censorship
Entry Period: Feb 26 - March 25

For this challenge, I want you to censor your audio or video in parts that normally wouldn't need censoring, for comedic effect!
Protip: if you add beeps into your audio, make sure its not louder than other parts of the audio!

Before creating your video, please be sure to read over the following page, which details the rules and explains how to submit your video:
http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304

ScrubBrush
02-26-2014, 04:07 PM
If anyone needs some ideas:

Ah My goddess season 2 episode 12 the scene where Urd walks in on Morisato
"Hey Keichi why don't I scrub your (beep) for you"
Scene plays with Troubador walking in and add a large pixelated image ,or black bar, coming from Keichi's crotch

One Piece episode 151: When luffy points to the sky, censor it so it looks like he's giving the pirates the middle finger

Space Dandy: "Well, my name's Dandy, but you can call me Space (beep)
Space Dandy: When Meow introduces himself. "What's your name anyway?" "It's meomuru" Well we're just going to call you (beep)

Any anime: Censor the crotches of any woman who begin to take off their pants with a penis shaped pixelated image or large black bar

Yugioh: "I summon Beaver Warrior in attack mode" Pixelated image
"I summon my (beep) Guardian"
"My big (beep) gardna"

Yugioh GX: During the intro "Come on and get your (beep) on"

Attack on Titan: Large penis shaped pixelated images or large black bars

Persona 4: Episode 7: Censor the large male symbols that Kanji's shadow uses as weapons with a pixelated image

I'd love to do these myself, but I don't have the software and my dad refuses to update the computer we have.

urahara1001
02-26-2014, 05:58 PM
I know exactly what I'm doing for this one. Just have to get a good quality download for my video source.

N.P.C.C.
02-26-2014, 06:20 PM
So how can i be outrageous this time?

thedarkmessenger
02-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Seems like as good a time as any to post this...:

http://i.imgur.com/4jYnxnW.png

milleniummaster18
02-26-2014, 07:02 PM

Scene plays with Troubador walking in and add a large pixelated image ,or black bar, coming from Keichi's crotch

One Piece episode 151: When luffy points to the sky, censor it so it looks like he's giving the pirates the middle finger

Space Dandy: When Meow introduces himself. "What's your name anyway?" "It's meomuru" Well we're just going to call you (beep)

Any anime: Censor the crotches of any woman who begin to take off their pants with a penis shaped pixelated image or large black bar

"My big (beep) gardna"

Persona 4: Episode 7: Censor the large male symbols that Kanji's shadow uses as weapons with a pixelated image

I'd love to do these myself, but I don't have the software and my dad refuses to update the computer we have.

And these are AMVs how?

Would these count?

thedarkmessenger
02-26-2014, 07:34 PM
And these are AMVs how?

Would these count?

I assume they would.

I also assume that whoever makes any of those deserve whatever aftermath their poor decisions bring.

Guthix
02-26-2014, 07:45 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/085/Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Sir Fluffykins
02-26-2014, 08:00 PM
http://www.themousetrap.co.za/images/ftp/censor.jpg

jinzo64
02-27-2014, 12:34 AM
I was Bored so I made this clip which is relevant to the topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMna1en4uVc&feature=youtu.be

mattroks101
02-27-2014, 03:30 PM
fapfapfapfapfapfap

jinzo64
02-27-2014, 09:21 PM
fapfapfapfapfapfap

I guess Mewtwo is pretty hot stuff in that clip. XD

SirLoinofBeef
02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
My only concern with this topic is that the gags used become too predictable, and the challenge itself becomes boring to watch.

Usually randomly censored stuff is funny when you don't expect it, but when you are, I don't know.

I'm gonna have to really wrack my brain to come up with a unique idea here.

Moon Spirit
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
My only concern with this topic is that the gags used become too predictable, and the challenge itself becomes boring to watch.

Usually randomly censored stuff is funny when you don't expect it, but when you are, I don't know.

Jimmy Kimmel does this every week in his show, and the results are pretty awesome.

FORDboy357
02-28-2014, 06:48 PM
I like this.

thedarkmessenger
02-28-2014, 09:05 PM

This is exactly my problem with the challenge. I can guarantee too many clips will be too obvious and unfunny.

FORDboy357
02-28-2014, 09:22 PM
They're still screened. Not every entry gets accepted. Let's trust Zarx to don his most cynical of demeanors with this mini.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

hosokawa37
02-28-2014, 09:57 PM
the question i have is can single entries have more than one scene, like in the frozen and finding nemo UC vids?

SuperLoliSentai
02-28-2014, 10:17 PM
the question i have is can single entries have more than one scene, like in the frozen and finding nemo UC vids?

Clip 2...

http://youtu.be/w37jI_E3FXQ?t=20s

Zarxrax
02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
They're still screened. Not every entry gets accepted. Let's trust Zarx to don his most cynical of demeanors with this mini.

What? Not really...

Gleeman
02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
So the content limit for minis is PG-13 like the Hells, correct? Have an idea but didn't want to go overboard with it.

FORDboy357
02-28-2014, 10:51 PM
What? Not really...

Every mini entry gets accepted?

jinzo64
02-28-2014, 10:57 PM

Yes that's why you only get to submit one video. (with the exception of the vine minis.)

it's also one the reason I like this format, my work even if it's not considered amazing will still be used.

urahara1001
02-28-2014, 10:59 PM

I think that was more a point on going at it with maximum cynicism than on the screening. Somethings do get screened, but the allowances are much looser than with the Hells, since the real screening process is the voting.

FORDboy357
02-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Well that doesn't make me feel special

jinzo64
02-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Well that doesn't make me feel special

Really?

Knowing my work is being used in an amv mini for AMVHELL always makes me feel special :3

FORDboy357
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM
But it gets accepted no matter how terrible it is. It's like giving a trophy to every peewee footballer regardless who won the game

milleniummaster18
02-28-2014, 11:08 PM
You're forgetting the votes, mate. Those are your real trophies.

jinzo64
02-28-2014, 11:12 PM
But it gets accepted no matter how terrible it is. It's like giving a trophy to every peewee footballer regardless who won the game

No this more like eurovision you can enter anything you like but it doesn't that when the voting comes anyone will vote for it, the important thing with minis is doing your best work so that people will vote for it so it will get in to AMVHELL Minis collection at the end of it.

This is a competition with one winner and a bunch of losers.

Zarxrax
03-01-2014, 12:00 AM

Just submit to amv hell 7 then, I'll gladly revert to rejecting 90% of your stuff. :D

FORDboy357
03-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Just submit to amv hell 7 then, I'll gladly revert to rejecting 90% of your stuff. :D

Awesome!

jinzo64
03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Awesome!

he could reject all of your entries even the really good ones :3

FORDboy357
03-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Exactly. Hopefully not out of spite, though.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
03-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Hehe. i got one for this...

Here's a runner-up idea that i'm not going to use....
Air Supply:
"Here I am, the one that you *beep*, asking for another *beep*"

jinzo64
03-03-2014, 05:21 AM
Exactly. Hopefully not out of spite, though.

I'd reject it out of spite,But then again I'm very Immature.

Also since your Called ford I'd tell you go back and give your work more Focus XD

SilentChaz
03-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Since you’re called Ford I'd tell you to go back and give your work more Focus XD
You do have your moments, Jinzo. I’m a sucker for puns :]

This.

It’s probably a safe bet to predict this round’s compilation will be as well received as the Fox. Instead of an onslaught of “Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding” however, we can expect plenty of “BLEEP- BLEEP- BLEEP- BLEEP- BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP” and a couple of blurry misplaced penises here and there; I’m having a hard time coming up with anything different myself.

Here’s hoping Haar saves us with some tentacles again…

thedarkmessenger
03-03-2014, 12:05 PM
^you have no idea how awesome it is that you're actually using that avatar xD

urahara1001
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
This.

It’s probably a safe bet to predict this round’s compilation will be as well received as the Fox. Instead of an onslaught of “Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding” however, we can expect plenty of “BLEEP- BLEEP- BLEEP- BLEEP- BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP” and a couple of blurry misplaced penises here and there; I’m having a hard time coming up with anything different myself.

Here’s hoping Haar saves us with some tentacles again…

Don't worry, I've got something planned that should actually be funny. As long as my editing doesn't fail me.

thedarkmessenger
03-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Don't worry, I've got something planned that should actually be funny. As long as my editing doesn't fail me.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm assuming Bull****.

jinzo64
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM

but Dark He's Urahara Ex captain of Squad 12 and possibly the 3rd smartest person in the soul society.

I think it'll be fine.

p.s I already submitted mine, but watching it again I may have got the wrong idea.
We'll have to wait and see. XD

urahara1001
03-03-2014, 08:25 PM

I would expect no less scrutiny. However, from the comments I have seen on videos where I put in an entry, most seem to find my sense of humor is good. The editing usually seems to be what knocks me back. At least I seem to have something going for me, but yes, withhold belief until you see it.

Also, I do happen to have another idea for this one, so if anyone is stumped for what to make, send me a PM and I'll share.

hosokawa37
03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
An idea popped in my head last night, which is actually modified from a previous idea i had. i just hope the joke goes over well, b/c it might not be an obvious one...

urahara1001
03-03-2014, 09:33 PM
but Dark He's Urahara Ex captain of Squad 12 and possibly the 3rd smartest person in the soul society.

Oh yeah, forgot to comment on this; only 3rd? I'm guessing that you're also counting your waifu out of bias which I guess I can let slide, but unless the other is your waifu's waifu and my main squeeze (who for the record I don't think is smarter than me, but that's not a point I'm willing to fight on), you're headed the right way for a geta to the rear.

jinzo64
03-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to comment on this; only 3rd? I'm guessing that you're also counting your waifu out of bias which I guess I can let slide, but unless the other is your waifu's waifu and my main squeeze (who for the record I don't think is smarter than me, but that's not a point I'm willing to fight on), you're headed the right way for a geta to the rear.

Soifon smarter than you?
I assume by her Main squeeze you mean Yuroichi

No I was putting you Third to

Sosuke Aizen
and
Retsu Unohana

Soifon is maybe the 8th smartest person in the soul society.

Akyho
03-04-2014, 06:17 AM
I am Scottish....all censorship is unnecessary. Today I used 5 F words 4 C words and 1 B word to describe my job interview today. No other words were in the sentence's.

Might I make a motion for people to come up with more variety in the censorship. Much like and not excluded too Craig Ferguson late late show. Craig Ferguson Scottish demonstrating Scottish swearing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BI8L6KOlvU

NSFW
Peter Capaldi as Malcolm tucker and the new Doctor Who demonstrating Scotland swearing again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc

Robert Carlyle demonstration a Scottish conversation in trainspotting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3E7UkIzt4

I can perfectly follow this Scottish movie purely by the swearing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MNUlgxMgx8

austindp91
03-04-2014, 08:36 AM

"My big (beep) gardna"

I will do the one piece ep 151 censor

urahara1001
03-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Another fairly simple one that popped in my head, if anyone wants it.

Take almost any Dragon Ball Z power up scene and censor out when they say 'power' or 'power level'.

Example: "His *beep* is amazing! And it just keeps growing!"

Gleeman
03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Need to get off my but and do something for this one.

Caboose
03-06-2014, 05:49 AM
I'm fairly new to this, but I was wondering if it was fine to use a sound clip that is already censored

milleniummaster18
03-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Have at it, I say, but you must have something unnecessarily censored by your own hand.

Zarxrax
03-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Yea, I mean the idea is to censor something that normally wouldn't need to be. That doesn't exclude you from ALSO including things that would have to be censored to be included anyways though, I guess.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
03-06-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm fairly new to this, but I was wondering if it was fine to use a sound clip that is already censored

Yea, I mean the idea is to censor something that normally wouldn't need to be. That doesn't exclude you from ALSO including things that would have to be censored to be included anyways though, I guess.

And that's how the winning clip later came to be!

thedarkmessenger
03-06-2014, 08:34 PM
And that's how the winning clip later came to be!

sad, but probably true....

jinzo64
03-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

N.P.C.C.
03-06-2014, 11:35 PM
I have two choices for this, but can't decide if i want to be Truly Outrageous or Truly Truly TRULY Outrageous!

Decisions Decisions...

urahara1001
03-07-2014, 12:14 AM
I have two choices for this, but can't decide if i want to be Truly Outrageous or Truly Truly TRULY Outrageous!

Decisions Decisions...

I was actually at that point too. However, as SilentChaz agreed with me, my other idea would probably be going too far and best reserved for a 0 style set.

N.P.C.C.
03-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Dammit! He's "OutrageousChaz" now. Stop screwing it up.

rathemighty
03-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Does it need to be anime? I've got a pretty good Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy one.

Chewi105
03-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Does it need to be anime? I've got a pretty good Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy one.
AMV Minis Challenge
Anime Music Video Minis Challenge
Anime Music Video
Anime

Unless its a special episode like that one AMV Minis S2 episode, keep it to being anime.

N.P.C.C.
03-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Since live action has gotten in i'd say no. The thing is not submitting anime is possibly detrimental to the clip's ability to draw votes so you may wanna make sure it's good if you go this route. Also, be more vague next time, the entries are supposed to be anon.

Akyho
03-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Since live action has gotten in i'd say no. The thing is not submitting anime is possibly detrimental to the clip's ability to draw votes so you may wanna make sure it's good if you go this route. Also, be more vague next time, the entries are supposed to be anon.

Says the person that pushes both of those pieces of advice to the limits. :p

milleniummaster18
03-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Touché.

N.P.C.C.
03-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Says the person that pushes both of those pieces of advice to the limits. :p

Which would lend credibility to my advice if these allegations are true so your point?

CitizenRoman
03-09-2014, 07:56 PM
i'm skipping this challenge, but i'll throw down some ideas if anyone is interested:

video 1 contains that sb episode about squeeky boots, it's sped up though.
starts @ 4:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwihT2vSqkA

second video below contains a skit from madtv about a parody of the sopranos censoring
there are two versions, first is the official, then it's another repeat of it, but more edited by the uploader

http://youtu.be/VgBD94cs0T8

rathemighty
03-09-2014, 10:56 PM
AMV Minis Challenge
Anime Music Video Minis Challenge
Anime Music Video
Anime

Unless its a special episode like that one AMV Minis S2 episode, keep it to being anime.

Okay, okay, I just thought I'd ask

SuperLoliSentai
03-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Okay, okay, I just thought I'd ask

Don't listen to Chewi...

^This is a more accurate statement and mirrors what Zarx said on a different thread, but I can't remember which one.

Zarxrax
03-14-2014, 11:48 PM
this episode desperately needs more entries that actually make sense.

milleniummaster18
03-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Make sense how? Are people really submitting a lot of nonsensical, unnecessarily censored dialogue?

I suppose we're in for a treat when this challenge comes out.

CitizenRoman
03-15-2014, 12:21 AM
found this if it helps anyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZeNuZBkoUs

jinzo64
03-15-2014, 05:13 AM

Thats interesting now i want to see this more, just to know what kind of random clips people have been submitting.

SilentChaz
03-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah, gonna need some details there, Zman.

I have another entry idea, but I'm sure the universe will implode if I submit two, so sorry I can't help you out there.
If anybody is desperate for a simple entry idea, give me a PM. Urahara thought the idea didn't outright suck, so take from that whatever you will… (Thanks, Urahara)

========

So, how many entries have been rejected because they used necessary censorship?

This is going to be a disaster, isn’t it?

I'm looking forward to it. Honestly. In a good way :]

urahara1001
03-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Urahara thought the idea didn't outright suck, so take from that whatever you will… (Thanks, Urahara)

Why do I see that eventually being used in the same context as 'Thanks Obama'?

I also do still have my alternate idea, though Chaz and I both thought it might be going a bit too far. If anyone is still open for a submission and doesn't care about pushing the limits of good taste, let me know.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
03-17-2014, 08:16 AM
http://www.animated-gifs.eu/fruits-dancing-bananas/0034.gifI'm submitted =)http://www.animated-gifs.eu/fruits-dancing-bananas/0034.gif

jinzo64
03-17-2014, 09:08 AM
I also do still have my alternate idea, though Chaz and I both thought it might be going a bit too far. If anyone is still open for a submission and doesn't care about pushing the limits of good taste, let me know.

I've also seen his idea and I agree it would be to far for a mini but if there was another amvhell 0 it would fit in rather nicely.

Zarxrax
03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
I think this will end up being one of the challenges that everyone remembers for the entries being completely terrible.

Sir Fluffykins
03-23-2014, 04:48 PM
So terrible it's good, or just plain bad?

Zarxrax
03-23-2014, 06:04 PM
So terrible it's good, or just plain bad?

Could go either way.

N.P.C.C.
03-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Could go either way.

*Has PTSD-like flashback to minis season 2*

milleniummaster18
03-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh well, they can't all be winners. Just look at "The Fox" challenge.

jinzo64
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM
I think this will end up being one of the challenges that everyone remembers for the entries being completely terrible.

That's a pity.

Hopefully it'll give my entry a chance to shine if everything thats been submitted it naff. XD

ThatsNotMyName_studio
03-24-2014, 04:00 PM
aw hey man, I only submitted 1 LOL

jinzo64
03-24-2014, 06:26 PM
aw hey man, I only submitted 1 LOL

Same here I only had time to make and submit one video, pity XD

SilentChaz
03-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Hopefully it'll give my entry a chance to shine if everything (else) that has been submitted is naff.Charming. So as long as you can personally profit from it - you don’t mind if the community effort is a failed one?

That’s a crummy attitude, Jinzo. I’m disappointed with you.
Unlike a rainbow’s- your true colours are most definitely not beautiful.

Why do I see (“Thanks, Urahara”) eventually being used in the same context as 'Thanks Obama'?Why, not at all! My appreciation is genuine, good sir.
If everybody here were to share and develop ideas together without a care for the outcome of the arbitrary contest vote as you and I did- who knows what wonders the Hell community could produce?

…and I don’t want to sound like a queer or nuthin- but I’d kinda like to make love to you tonight.

I think this will end up being one of the challenges that everyone remembers for the entries being completely terrible.WANT SEE NOW

urahara1001
03-24-2014, 10:45 PM
…and I don’t want to sound like a queer or nuthin- but I’d kinda like to make love to you tonight.

Well, what can I say?

http://i.imgur.com/V3P7Afu.png

urahara1001
03-25-2014, 02:11 AM
In other news, I did get my clip in. Partially due to some file problems, and partially due to a new idea that struck me on the way home, I've changed out from my original plan. I am fairly happy with how it turned out, however.

jinzo64
03-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Charming. So as long as you can personally profit from it - you don’t mind if the community effort is a failed one?
erm I hadn't considered that I don't want the community to fail, I just want my Clip to get the majority of the votes.
Is it so wrong to want to win?

That’s a crummy attitude, Jinzo. I’m disappointed with you.
Yes it is and I'm sorry for being a disappointment.(But I normally am)

Unlike a rainbow’s- your true colours are most definitely not beautiful.

My true colors that's some deep stuff right there,I wonder what my true colors are?

PrinnyCat
03-25-2014, 08:41 PM
I couldn't think of anything good for this, so I'm happy to just watch and vote this time

thedarkmessenger
03-26-2014, 01:35 AM

I can't believe I forgot to comment on this...

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, and I'm not sure why it surprises you. Seems to me like you've placed too much hope on all of us being Jimmy Kimmel. You should of known the entries would not measure up to his standards.

Haar
03-26-2014, 01:45 AM
Calm down, guys. I have an idea. The episode is saved now.

milleniummaster18
03-26-2014, 03:07 AM
Are you going to apologize for this round, Haar? That's about the only thing that can save this.

urahara1001
03-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Hey now, I'll handle the apologies around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHVW-S9JkKA

SuperLoliSentai
03-26-2014, 04:30 AM
I'm never sorry for anything I ever do no matter how wrong it is.

austindp91
03-26-2014, 08:05 AM
What about this audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6oYqBwNAg
With Mr Popo from DBZ

jinzo64
03-26-2014, 10:48 AM
What about this audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6oYqBwNAg
With Mr Popo from DBZ

not quite sure how that would work here but it could work for amvhell 7.

SilentChaz
03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Are you going to apologize for this round, Haar? That's about the only thing that can save this.
We haven’t even seen the poxy video yet lol

I couldn't think of anything good for thisI guess we’ll soon see if anybody managed to do so… but did you at least ask around for ideas? What about Urahara?

Partially due to some file problems…
What? You couldn’t read that .wav file I sent you? :P

I think it’s time we made that spare idea of yours public. Give the people here an insight into your sick, sick imagination :]

1. I just want my Clip to get the majority of the votes. Is it so wrong to want to win?
2. I'm sorry for being a disappointment.(But I normally am)
3. not quite sure how that would work here but it could work for amvhell 7.1. Seriously mate- you (and by extension- all of us) should be using these challenges to focus on refining your craft and making people laugh with your work; not trying to win a popularity contest.

2. It was cute the first dozen or so times, but stop being self-effacing man, it’s getting depressing.

3. austindp91 appears to have posted that idea in the wrong thread, which is forgivable- but the fact that s/he is trying to springboard off a DBZ abridged “joke” isn’t.
There’s no need to quote the entire post if your response is directly after it either, knock that off.

I have an idea. The episode is saved now.
# He is saviour, he is lord…#

urahara1001
03-26-2014, 01:48 PM
What? You couldn’t read that .wav file I sent you? :P

I think it’s time we made that spare idea of yours public. Give the people here an insight into your sick, sick imagination :]

It wasn't the .wav file, it was the video file on my end. It kept rendering with a bunch of unwanted frames, but when I pulled it up in the editor, they simply were not there. I think the save file got corrupted somehow, but either way, I do like how my new one came out.

Someone actually did end up making my spare. I won't say who for the sake of keeping things anonymous, though since you know it, you're free to point out when it comes time for review which clip it was.

PrinnyCat
03-26-2014, 02:00 PM
I did ask around for ideas, but I wasn't confident enough to make most of them

austindp91
03-26-2014, 05:14 PM
not quite sure how that would work here but it could work for amvhell 7.

My bad wrong thread, thought this was amv 7 idea dump

Zarxrax
03-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Alright, this round is closed. Should be back with the compilation next week!

kapparomeo
03-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Will there be more Mini Challnges now that AMV Hell 7 has started taking submissions? I hope so - while work prevented me from contributing to recent challenges I've greatly enjoyed the format and would like to continue

jinzo64
03-26-2014, 11:29 PM
1. Seriously mate- you (and by extension- all of us) should be using these challenges to focus on refining your craft and making people laugh with your work; not trying to win a popularity contest.

It would only be a popularity contest if we knew who had submitted what, before we voted. But I get what you're saying.

2. It was cute the first dozen or so times, but stop being self-effacing man, it’s getting depressing.

I know I need to stop being so negative towards my self and one day I will but it probably won't be any time soon.

3. austindp91 appears to have posted that idea in the wrong thread, which is forgivable- but the fact that s/he is trying to springboard off a DBZ abridged “joke” isn’t.
There’s no need to quote the entire post if your response is directly after it either, knock that off.

But peoplez like the team fourstar DBZ stuff.
As for your request I'll think about it.

p.s My self-effacing is always cute so
http://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/haruhi_9-2.jpg?w=625

thedarkmessenger
03-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Will there be more Mini Challnges now that AMV Hell 7 has started taking submissions? I hope so - while work prevented me from contributing to recent challenges I've greatly enjoyed the format and would like to continue

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Zarx said challenges will continue, just slow down a bit.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
03-27-2014, 03:16 AM
A new Minis challenge just opened today, so yes =)