Zarxrax
05-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Challenge #20 was about fandom. Competitors were instructed to make videos about fandom, or try to show something that they themselves are passionate fans of.
The winner this time was Video 05 by SOS13!

Mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?0jn6we2518lwdj8
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/96757398

http://youtu.be/zTb9-fSb-vE

Credits:

Video 01
MarkSoupial
Cowboy Bebop
MarkSoupial - Speedrun Marathon Anthem 2012

Video 02
buildlancer
Kill me baby
the immortals - Mortal Komabat

Video 03
SuperLoliSentai
Escaflowne; Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature; Accel World; Wolf Children Ame And Yuki; Ko Century Beast; Wild Knights Gulkeeva; Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Kurrel Raven - The Furry (Song) Version 2

Video 04
FrustratedRocka
K-On!
Dethklok - Fansong

Video 05
SOS13
Persona 4 The Animation
Nostalgia Critic and Tamara Chambers - Let It Go Videos

Video 06
Shuiia
Ghost in the Shell Innocence
The Platters - Twilight Time

Video 07
IceAngelYuki
Sword Art Online
Backstreet Boys - I Still...

Video 08
N.P.C.C.
Jem
Nas Feat. Puff Daddy and Jem - Hate Me Now

Video 09
Akyho
Person 4 and Gaintbomb.com
Evan Brass - Giant Bomb Theme Song

FrustratedRocka
05-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Only decent ones were 4 and 5.

MarkSoupial
05-29-2014, 02:43 AM
That sure was... something...

Akyho
05-29-2014, 02:51 AM
Wow....most were.....pretty bad. I couldn't tell if they fit the rules of fandom at all and if there was a joke.

N.P.C.C.
05-29-2014, 03:24 AM
Hmm...

1: I don't get it. I just don't...were those super mario sound clips i heard? I suppose the editing was solid but beyond that i can't comment because if there was a joke it just flew over my head.

2: Moétal Kombat? Just doesn't do anything for me really.

3: Editing is...decent, but again the joke doesn't really do anything for me even with the fandom displayed. Ending was solid enough though i guess...

4: I didn't really find this funny, but i liked the synching.

5: Didn't expect nostalgia critic audio. It was a strong clip even if i wasn't very amused given i'm not a victim of overuse of "Let it go." What's the big deal? "Do you wanna build a snowman" was way better if you ask me...Nice spot of comedic delivery with that last scene.

6: I really WANT to get this one, but it's just beyond me. I just think i was supposed to take more away from this one than "Twilight".

7: ...This is so ****ing horrible i think this was done on purpose. If so, this wasn't funny, just cringe worthy. Hopefully, the rejects in the next challenge don't reach this level. Last, with this i feel SAO will soon reach "elfren lied" levels of "Oh god again!?"

8: Would have been outrageously perfect if there was a TMZ article with some ****
like "Jem ****s up AMV Hell" or something to that effect. Well, one doesn't necessarily have to be perfect to be outrageous so i digress.

9: This was a pretty fun clip. Kind of a mood whiplash though with it ending like that. I just liked it despite not completely getting a good chunk of it.

I find this installment pretty weak, but whatever. We should already understand that a dud is likely to happen sooner or later during the challenges. As long as we can avoid levels of suck this side of the fox, this level of suck falls into the "tolerable" category at the very least.

thedarkmessenger
05-29-2014, 03:24 AM
3, 4, and 5 were the only ones that really made me smirk at all.

And is it just my internet connection, or did video 7 use an absolute **** quality source? Where'd you get that footage, a camrip? captured with a camera from the early 90's?

N.P.C.C.
05-29-2014, 03:28 AM
3, 4, and 5 were the only ones that really made me smirk at all.

And is it just my internet connection, or did video 7 use an absolute **** quality source? Where'd you get that footage, a camrip? captured with a camera from the early 90's?

I was under the impression the editor ripped an amv from youtube at as low a quality as possible, then ran that **** through movie maker for good measure.

milleniummaster18
05-29-2014, 03:29 AM
Yeah, a lot of these clips fail to explain what are they showing to the viewer.

1. I guess it could work, if I knew what the hell you were talking about. I see dogs. You like dogs?

2. Fan of fighting, I assume. Execution is poor.

3. Talks about furries. It's alright.

4. What are you a fan of? Death Metal? Soundtrack Dissonance?

5. Talks about people who are sick to death of "Let It Go". Done well. I kinda like this one.

6. I don't get it.

7. Overall ****.

8. It's alright, but it lacks some energy.

9. Giant Bomb was a thing, whatever that was.

5 gets my vote.

Buildlancer
05-29-2014, 03:30 AM
im not even voting for mine number 5 took my vote this time i vote for someone else to see if anyone other then me liked mine

thedarkmessenger
05-29-2014, 03:33 AM
I was under the impression the editor ripped an amv from youtube at as low a quality as possible, then ran that **** through movie maker for good measure.
so youtube videos someone made with their camera from the early 90's. Got it.

urahara1001
05-29-2014, 03:38 AM
4 got my vote simply because it was the song choice I was going to go with if I actually had time to get a clip done.

7... seriously... how the **** did you get video quality that bad? Like, I'm not even sure I could run it through enough conversions and filters to get it that ****ty. I'm almost impressed just in that regard.

The Real Inferno
05-29-2014, 03:41 AM
Yeah, a lot of these clips fail to explain what are they showing to the viewer.

1. I guess it could work, if I knew what the hell you were talking about. I see dogs. You like dogs?

That dog face is an annoyingly often-spamed Twitch meme called FrankerZ.

Haar
05-29-2014, 03:44 AM
To the anonymous creator of clip #7:

Salutations. It seems you need a bit of assistance from a technical perspective.
Read this guide. (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/) It assumes you're going to be using DVDs instead of footage you acquired from BakaBT (bakabt.me), but a lot of its info is still good.

After carefully reading that guide, download this codec (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite). Next, look at this post (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?26707-The-Lazy-Man-s-Guide-To-AMV-Editing&p=487303#post487303). It gives shortcuts on the process that speed things up and is more relevant to editing with mkvs. Finally, shorten down the template provided to:

FFVideoSource("%fp%", threads = 1)
#ConvertToRGB24

#BilinearResize(1280,720)

If you follow all of these instructions, possess a relatively good computer, and already have a nonlinear editing program installed on your computer such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere (the latter of which I recommend over the former), it should work. If you have any further questions, they can more than likely be answered by Google, but feel free to ask us if it doesn't provide the answers you need.

FrustratedRocka
05-29-2014, 03:44 AM
4. What are you a fan of? Death Metal? Soundtrack Dissonance?

...screw it, I'll bite.

I do like death metal, but I ****ing HATE K-On. Almost as much as I hate people who like it. So I figured I'd take a little jab at the no-life moe-blob-adoring 2d-obsessed mouthbreathing morons who care more about which girl they can fap to than anything like, oh I don't know, actual personalities that go beyond bare-bones archetypal cliché or good character writing. Hence the song choice.

thedarkmessenger
05-29-2014, 03:45 AM
...screw it, I'll bite.

I do like death metal, but I ****ing HATE K-On. Almost as much as I hate people who like it. So I figured I'd take a little jab at the no-life moe-blob-adoring 2d-obsessed mouthbreathing morons who care more about which girl they can fap to than anything like, oh I don't know, actual personalities or good character writing. Hence the song choice.
and now everyone knows......

FrustratedRocka
05-29-2014, 03:49 AM
Hey, if I had to explain it, it probably wasn't going to get many votes to begin with. Besides, it's not like winning these things actually matters.

Akyho
05-29-2014, 03:52 AM
1: I don't get it, the editing is just clips of Ein and the one moment of lip syncing at the end is not synced at all. Cowboy bebop is one part of Fandom the other I don't know.

2: The music and the clips doesn't go very well together. I see the Idea and its not funny even better edited. Moe and Mortal Kombat Fandom?

3: Editing is ok and the song is about furries. Thats it. Furry Fandom I get it thats nice I get it.

4: Starts of with me asking "Ok where is this going.", it starts to get going and ends. Not much of a joke and not much a clip. Decently edited. Metal Fandom?

5: I don't get the audio realy. Except the clip is very well edited and it fun on some level despite not getting the joke. One problem. The audio is is a little muffled which doesn't help try and take in the joke. I only know from looking at credit this is Nostalgia critic.

6: I totally don't get it except for the sudden pause as a "joke". I don't see a fandom at all.

7: Its not even attempting to be funny which is part of the challenge. The quality is terrible, the editing is dime a dozen on youtube and its not a good clip. However I get it....its a Sword Art Online Wifey X Dude ship.

8: Its Jem and I am too close to this to render a proper judgment. Aside from some of the editing is just a little off. Jem Fandom

9: Fun little clip with some jokes spread about it. Lip syncs a little weird. Unsubtle its Giant Bomb Fandom.

There is some flat clips and some terrible clips. So its down to 2 to maybe 4 four clips worth even thinking about voting.

FrustratedRocka
05-29-2014, 03:58 AM
K-On! anti-fandom.

SirLoinofBeef
05-29-2014, 04:02 AM
1) Something about dogs, I guess....?

2) Something about Mortal Kombat, I guess....?

3) Got a chuckle out of me. Mostly because furries really are..... interesting people would be a nice way to put it....

4) I guess the message here is the mass of otakus that throw money at moe ****, but didn't really come across that clear.

5) ****ing. Perfect.

6) And I'm lost again...

7) -50 DKP for SAO. -100 DKP for such horrendous quality. I can understand if this was someone's first entry, but at least make an effort to make it not look like ass.

8) Am I the only one that's getting tired of this Jem silliness?

9) Way too long, but it at least gets you right in the feels. ; ;

I think it's fairly obvious which one is going to win this round.

milleniummaster18
05-29-2014, 04:02 AM
...screw it, I'll bite.

That would imply that I was baiting you in the first place, insinuation that I take offense to. Let it be clear for you that I GENUINELY didn't know where were you going with that clip, and said misguidance took points out of the score.

urahara1001
05-29-2014, 04:08 AM
and now everyone knows......

And knowing is half the battle.

http://wireandtwine.com/img/products/thebattle/battle-zoom.gif

FrustratedRocka
05-29-2014, 04:13 AM
That would imply that I was baiting you in the first place, insinuation that I take offense to. Let it be clear for you that I GENUINELY didn't know where were you going with that clip, and said misguidance took points out of the score.

I apologize, I didn't mean to imply anything of the sort. Non-malicious criticism is always welcome. Like I said, the fact that I had to explain it means that I didn't do a very good job with the clip, and it's always nice to have feedback.

Akyho
05-29-2014, 04:16 AM
I apologize, I didn't mean to imply anything of the sort. Non-malicious criticism is always welcome. Like I said, the fact that I had to explain it means that I didn't do a very good job with the clip, and it's always nice to have feedback.

I think the main thing that throws most of the AMV hell regulars is we have seen many clips of K-on and Heavy metal. So we didnt get the joke cos we were going "Oh juxtaposition of cute and not cute again!"

Thetruecrow
05-29-2014, 04:26 AM
I like 7 like fat kids love diabetes.

milleniummaster18
05-29-2014, 04:46 AM
5. Videos of exceptionally poor quality, including videos created at a very low resolution or that contain unnecessary subtitles or product logos may be rejected.

Understanding the meaning of "may" but disregarding said understanding in order to not ruin the effect of the joke. Also, being aware that you have not a singular, but multiple, important responsibilities pertaining to the creation of these videos.

In short: jk.

YOU HAD ONE JOB.

Akyho
05-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Understanding the meaning of "may" but disregarding said understanding in order to not ruin the effect of the joke. Also, being aware that you have not a singular, but multiple, important responsibilities pertaining to the creation of these videos.

In short: jk.

YOU HAD ONE JOB.

I donno. In regard to video 7 I am starting to think its a meta joke. They made a terrible AMV clip on purpose emulating all the things a bad youtube AMV does. Or it could be a genuine entry with no meta joke......

With more research behind clip 5 I got the joke and now I understand. So aside from a well edited clip its a very good clip over all.

NodMan
05-29-2014, 04:53 AM
3 & 4, enough said.

Haar
05-29-2014, 04:53 AM
I donno. In regard to video 7 I am starting to think its a meta joke. They made a terrible AMV clip on purpose emulating all the things a bad youtube AMV does. Or it could be a genuine entry with no meta joke......

Given the average skill level of a typical editor on this site, I'm leaning towards the latter.

milleniummaster18
05-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Indecisiveness kills.

I can relate that dilemma to this trope:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IndecisiveParody

Sir Fluffykins
05-29-2014, 05:37 AM
3, 5. Were good/okay, went with 3

1,2 I don't get them

4. I don't get it, K-on to grunge or something?

7 started great, thought it was a winner when it started (hindsight is a bitch), BUT went on too long and what I thought was a decent clip revealed itself to be a VERY poorly put together clip with weird-ass quality.

Clip 8, it's not nearly as well done as "Outrageous" Chaz's, so no.

9 was a fun clip, but when it went all "Giant Bomb" it lost me.

FrustratedRocka
05-29-2014, 05:58 AM
Re: clip 4:

I do like death metal, but I ****ing HATE K-On. Almost as much as I hate people who like it. So I figured I'd take a little jab at the no-life moe-blob-adoring 2d-obsessed mouthbreathing morons who care more about which girl they can fap to than anything like, oh I don't know, actual personalities that go beyond bare-bones archetypal cliché or good character writing. Hence the song choice.

HellsDeathAngel
05-29-2014, 11:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5YYsgw4.gif

Shuiia
05-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Holy
****ing

Well played 7, well ****ing played.
**** quality
**** anime
**** song
**** effects
I sincerely hope you're taking the piss out of every generic AMV editor out there.
If not then my God have you messed up big time.

Also if anyone can figure out 6 I'm gonna be well impressed.

EDIT: YES, someone on ****ING youtube of all places figured it out. Oh man, this brought a tear of joy in my eye.

LawRayLiet
05-29-2014, 03:02 PM
There's no way in Hell that 7 wasn't purposely bad.
I think I missed the joke in most, but 8 is the only one I laughed at. With that said, I hope no one votes for it.

Distict5-9
05-29-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna go with #7, because at least it got what it was aiming for right...

Yeeeeah, this one was pretty much just a big miss... I'm guessing that the biggest reason is probably just how difficult it must be to make a decent fandom reference funny (then again, was that really the best you could do with the festering pit that is furry fandom? You could have mentioned erotic fanfiction circles; those sound like a good source material... Shounenfags? Any of those other ****ed-up fetish groups? Wrestling? Come on, wrestling's got potential, and it isn't exactly as cringe inducing as some other fandoms... Nothing...?)

Worst yet, I'm getting the feeling that I won't even remember a single one of these clips within the next 15 minutes. Let's just pretend this one didn't happen and move on to the "Intentionally ****ty" challenge...

jinzo64
05-29-2014, 06:54 PM
There was stuff followed by stuff and sword art then Jem the something.
Glad it was only 9 clips long.

Not sure if any off them captured the meaning of fandom.

Akyho
05-29-2014, 06:59 PM
There was stuff followed by stuff and sword art then Jem the something.
Glad it was only 9 clips long.

Not sure if any off them captured the meaning of fandom.

furry clip, Let it go clip, Sword art online clip, Jem clip and the last clip. Are all obvious fandom stuff. So those did hit that mark as for funny *shrug*

CitizenRoman
05-29-2014, 07:27 PM

PrinnyCat
05-29-2014, 07:32 PM
I sort of wish that I had had the time to finish my entry for this, but oh well, there will be other days. Not really sure which ones stood out for me in all honesty

tanis_lionheart
05-30-2014, 01:16 AM
There REALLY needs to be some kind of quality standard.

Cause, holy ****, nothing should be THAT pixelated at this point.

Zarxrax
05-30-2014, 03:02 AM
The reactions to 7 are fascinating.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MarkSoupial
05-30-2014, 05:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aYvmZti.gif

Sent from my Computer using Keyboard

thedarkmessenger
05-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Sent from my Computer using Keyboard
I never did get the point of the tapatalk signature thing.

Sent from my brain using fingers

jinzo64
05-30-2014, 06:05 PM
furry clip, Let it go clip, Sword art online clip, Jem clip and the last clip. Are all obvious fandom stuff. So those did hit that mark as for funny *shrug*

Fair points. Let it go parody song was pretty cool.

IceAngelYuki
05-31-2014, 04:57 AM
I have no idea what the heck I just watched. Those were definitely not the best I have seen on here. My own is included in that. Oh well, I guess we all have our flubs and day things.

ScrubBrush
06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't get it. I just don't...were those super mario sound clips i heard? I suppose the editing was solid but beyond that i can't comment because if there was a joke it just flew over my head.

Franker Z is a dog emoticon used in chat rooms, try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgM1ug0wVQ

Gleeman
06-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Well, that was....something.

Buildlancer
06-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Glad mine isnt the only one people hate ha considering it only took an hour to put together i thought it would have been worse but there are some worse then mine and im not counting number 7 cause that one was a prank or something.

SilentChaz
06-05-2014, 09:54 PM
04 – K-Hate –
I do like death metal, but I ****ing HATE K-On. Almost as much as I hate people who like it.
I love your message, Rocka. The clip itself is hardly a new idea (I used K-On! video to metal in the 4th challenge myself) but at least this entry has a different joke in it.
It’s disappointing there weren’t more clips that went the anti-fandom route, like this one.

01 – Kinda sounds like “Pregnancy” – I don’t get the reference and there’s nothing else funny going on in the clip. Bad.

09 – Bomb – I don’t get the reference and there’s nothing else funny going on in the clip. Stop fading out the audio towards the end. Bad.

02 – Moetal Kombat – Poor video quality, poor audio quality, repeated sequence, no synergy, no joke, and the audio fades out at the end…
This is a contender for one of the worst entries ever submitted to these challenges… but that contest will have to hold until challenge 21.

03 – Furrious – Okay, it’s a collection of furries. Where’s the joke? Bad.

06 – Daicon IV – I know you don’t care what I have to say:

YES, someone on ****ING youtube of all places figured it out. Oh man, this brought a tear of joy in my eye.
…because you’ve already won, in your own way. But still- terrible.

05 – I can’t let these imperfections go – Nice lip syncing…

http://i.imgur.com/nLZSjWu.jpg

…but this perspective on the monitor is so, so wrong.

07 – Doing it wrong, wrong – Choice of video and audio source was good (I suppose you wanted something more contemporary than DBZ and Linkin Park), and the suicide-inducing picture quality was brilliant…

But what about hard-subs (better yet- Spanish subtitles)? Black borders? Aspect ratio flubs? TV logos? Pointless video filter FX? Inconsistent switching between 720p and 240p resolutions? Repeated sequences? Video footage shot from a computer monitor through a shaky camera?
You could have added a textbox saying “THIS IS MY FSIRT AMV GUYZ!!1! SAO ROOLS!! LIEK COMENT & SUBSCRIBE!!!1!1!” at the end… or even better- in the middle.

I love the concept, but this was a real wasted opportunity.
Although fair enough- it has inspired some very “fascinating” reactions just as it is.

08 – Imitators gonna mate – I think challenge 19 covered this concept well enough. A sequel wasn’t necessary, but as sequels go- this was alright. Jem stealing the skateboard made me chuckle.

http://i.imgur.com/drP7SAB.jpg

^At least get the scaling right, and what’s up with the TMZ logo appearing and disappearing?

Probably the strongest entry this round, and how sad is that.

========

No winning entries.

“Fandom” replaces “Fox” as the new F-word.

N.P.C.C.
06-05-2014, 10:16 PM
OutrageousChaz seems to have lost his smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU-gYhKlJMA

Shuiia
06-05-2014, 10:27 PM
06 – Daicon IV – I know you don’t care what I have to say:
I always care what you have to say papi.

…because you’ve already won, in your own way. But still- terrible.

I don't consider a youtube babby figuring out my little homage a victory. I consider it proof that there is intelligent life to be found out there in the vastness that is, the net.

Chewi105
06-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Well played 7, well ****ing played.
I sincerely hope you're taking the piss out of every generic AMV editor out there.

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1365/53/1365539052611.jpg

thedarkmessenger
06-06-2014, 12:21 AM
I noticed that too.

Did your hope in humanity finally die out completely, Chaz?

Akyho
06-06-2014, 01:46 AM
In my clip I sat there going "Should I fade audio....should I not fade audio at the end...it would piss Chaz off....FADE THE AUDIO!"

My 80's clip I felt deserved to the Audio fade...also needed it or else the audio would start going off into more lyrics. However my 80's clip already didn't know when to start and when to finish. However seeing Chaz dislike it caused it to stick with me and do battle with "Does this clip need Fade....no....does the fade annoy chaz?...yes...is this a great enough clip to win...probably not.....should I fade just to annoy chaz and get some enjoyment out of my clip?.....yes!"

Its all about ratios of enjoyment man. Now ponder which of the faded clips is mine...

thedarkmessenger
06-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Seems like everyone is saying which clip is theirs now....

I'd probably be tempted to join in if I actually came up with anything for this round. Haven't even gotten any good ideas AFTER the deadline either, like I normally do.

SilentChaz
06-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't consider it a victory. I consider it proof that there is intelligent life
Your faith in humanity has (slightly) grown. You’ve won, see?

http://i.imgur.com/rqlaMX0.jpg

I’m thinking I might retire for four years… maybe become a born-again Christian… then come back better than ever and eventually bury the hatchet with my old rival, you.

Would you still love me if I got a haircut?

Did your hope in humanity finally die out completely, Chaz?It’s still clinging on, Allah bless it. I have faith that Akyho will someday heed my advice and become one of our better contributors.

Shuiia
06-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Your faith in humanity has (slightly) grown. You’ve won, see?

Sure if you would consider that
http://i.imgur.com/qmebAU8.png

thedarkmessenger
06-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I’m thinking I might retire for four years… maybe become a born-again Christian…
Not sure how that will help you out here in hell but ok. Have fun with that.

Akyho
06-06-2014, 06:38 PM
My 80's idea was wonky to implement and this idea it funny as hell to people who are Giant Bomb fans except that was the problem from the start of this challenge, it was to either make fun of a fandom or fail.

I've shown my clip to Gaintbomb fans and they love it. I will be throwing it to the Gaintbomb forums once the votes are finished otherwise I could maybe squeeze alot of votes if I posted it now and askew the votes.

So I know its a very good clip just all the injokes of the clips are well injokes.

For all who dont know, Gaintbomb is a video game review site headed by Jeff Gerstmann and the late Ryan Davis. I have been a fan of Gaintbomb and all they have done for 4 years, they are a large part of my life and most GB fans.

Here is some reasons why I they resonate with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-2F_S9Lkk&list=PLA4695BF97E8A6CDC

They did an Endurance run (Lets play really) of Persona 4 early in GB life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4gjSrYwfhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXW082c_e1w

So Persona X Gaintbomb is the perfect fuse as already shown by folks doing Persona art of them.

I took the line "try to show something that they themselves are passionate fans of" instead the other successful clips making fun of fandoms. I knew that the Gaintbomb half would fall a bit flat so I put alot of effort in the upfront Persona part, then Gaintbomb comes in thats basicly a huge mallet over everyones head going "THE FANDOMS GAINTBOMB! THIS IS GAINTBOMB PLEASE UNDERSTAND GAINTBOMB! PLEASE!" otherwise it would not be "got" much on any level, no one would know its a Fandom all they would know its just a Persona 4 clip and thats the fandom at work. I could have found Gaintbomb Persona's from the anime probably however I did not feel I would be in the rule's.

This challenge is tough to implement in a positive way, while the other ones people enjoy/get are negative towards a fandom.

As for the downer of Ryan Davis at the end, I honestly could not have taken that out...I tried I really tried however I put that in for myself and I dont regret it even if it was the straw that took a guaranteed victory. After editing this and having all the emotions bubble up over Ryan's passing its therapeutic. I and alot of other Gaintbomb fans tear up and even break down even now almost a year on from his untimely death.

The way Gaintbomb works is personality driven, so over 4 years Ryan felt like a good friend with all the content they put out. Thanks to this project I have pretty much cried myself out over Ryan and feel better for it.

Sadly the overall quality of the challenge drags my clip down and I don't actually get any feedback, other than "damn fade!" and "This whole round was ****!" kinda pisses me off, sorry unlike some people I would like to improve. Is kind of annoying that I decided to join in some lacking challenges and they dont look to improve either.

SOS13
06-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Well then, if we are all confessing our sins...
#5. Persona 4-ozen
Persona series has a big fan following, but it was a fandom I fell into without any kind of outside introduction. Other clips from past challenges had Persona 4, but they all featured Kanji. He's a great character. Hell, I'm cosplaying him at AnimeNEXT for crying out loud, but I wanted to try something different. Yukiko. Her name means "snow girl" or "snow child," so I took to Frozen as an inspiration, cause that movie was pretty cool and the soundtrack is where the fans are focusing. I originally had her singing the movie version of "Let It Go," and it just wasn't funny. After searching a bit, I happen upon Nostalgia Critic's parody. Hamster wheel spins and Mitsuo is added as a disgruntled viewer. But as far as fitting to the challenge, is there a joke to it? That should be the top priority in making these clips. Mitsuo's frustration? Yukiko becoming the embodiment of refusing to stop singing "Let It Go?" I certainly think so. By the way, lip syncing is a chore, and refitting a video into a screen is an ABSOLUTE PAIN! (Don't know if I'll ever get that one right)

SilentChaz
06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
unlike some people I would like to improve.
Your first reply to my post is obviously sarcastic, so I’ll ignore it and begin a sensible discussion starting with ^this one.
I apologise for the dismissive nature of my initial comment. Allow me to be a little more reasonable and constructive-

The biggest flaw of your entry is its narrow appeal. Simple as that.

Adding in-jokes to an AMV to be enjoyed by a select audience is all well and good, but when the enjoyment of a 40-second-long AMV hinges entirely on knowing about a specific, obscure subject like this, that’s just bad thinking.

It’s great that you’ve shown the AMV to GiantBomb fans and they’ve enjoyed it, (if you showed it to people BEFORE submitting- seeking to improve it based on feedback, then I applaud you) but did you show it to non-fans? What was their reaction?

I’ve never heard of GiantBomb before, so I’m obviously not going to get the reference, but I can still enjoy the AMV based on the dissonance/synergy between the video and audio.
In this sense- the highlight of the AMV came at the very start with the “I say this in the straightest way possible” and “If I was a girl” lines, which worked nicely with the images on-screen. I wasn’t rolling, but these first 15 seconds show that you’re a capable editor and you’ve got an eye for comedy.

The rest of the AMV has nothing else amusing or otherwise entertaining going on that I can appreciate. This may be “Challenge #20: Fandom”, but if we were to take away this framing device and played the AMV among the other winning entries, would this fit in with them as a funny-by-its-own-merit AMV?
I would debate: No. This is a celebration of a fandom first, and a funny AMV last.

tl;dr - the AMV is well edited, but unfunny.
An unfunny AMV in AMV Hell/Minis = Bad, in my book.

This is only your second entry, so to help you improve- I can only suggest that you keep a general audience in mind for when you create your next AMV. And please don’t fade out the audio at the end.

I look forward to seeing your next contribution.

Well, that’s assuming you haven’t entered Challenge 21…

========

Have fun with that.
Please assure me that you got the reference.

The Real Inferno
06-07-2014, 10:00 AM
You are not allowed to complain about an amv having limited appeal and still support Jem clips.

SilentChaz
06-07-2014, 10:38 AM
If that was directed at me- then let me assure you, I don’t support Jem clips any more than you do.

That said- there’s no reason an AMV utilising Jem can’t still be funny or … sigh… win a challenge.

It’s all in the gag and its execution. [/broken record]

Akyho
06-07-2014, 03:18 PM
I wasn't sarcastic.

Yes limited appeal, however this is my fandom and I expressed my fandom and thus fitting within the rules that was the challenge. I knew this going in and if I wanted to almost guarantee a win I could have chosen generic crap or bashed bronies.

The injokes were supplemental and not expected to be gotten by mainstream. I would be an idiot to expect so.
35 seconds was the minimum for the idea to start well and end well, I even cut 20 seconds of audio for rules on time and I can't show New york, Tokyo and San Francisco using Persona 4 clips.

Also I did show to non fans I got "That was funny, but I don't know what Gaintbomb is." except...thats the rules of the challenge....so I couldnt change.

I would debate: No. This is a celebration of a fandom first, and a funny AMV last

For this challenge, make a video about fandom or what it means to be a fan. I'll leave the interpretation of this up to you. You can make a video about fans/otaku, or just show us something that you are deeply passionate about. This doesn't even have to be related to anime. But remember to keep it funny!

I kept it funny for 15 seconds by your count and it was an expression of a fandom I am deeply passionate about. I think I did far better than most of the other clips, I think my clip is top 4 in quality out of what is here after watch. Winner by vote no I dont think so. Top 4 in votes? We will see.

Compared to winners pah!? yeah right! There is some winners that don't even measure up to the other winner clips.

I can only suggest that you keep a general audience in mind for when you create your next AMV

I know this...IF I WANTED TO GUARANTEE A WIN WITH IN THESE RULES. Except the challenge was Fandom with the choice of expressing my fandom.

This is the problem I have with your complaints, your throwing out the challenge rules altogether. Except the challenge rules was put in place to funnel everything down this path of injokes and people not getting it.

FrankerZ is a twitch in joke. Moe Kombat...is a personal in joke to the creator. K'on Dethklok is a bit of an in joke that needs some thinking. Sword art online....wasnt funny unless its a meta joke on fandoms. Ghost in the Shell 2 Twilight....thats a huge ****ing in joke apparently for an episode of X files! Jem hate AMV hell in joke.

This challenge should have said "Make an in joke even if its not funny." Since thats what the majority went with.

The only two clips that people get is Furries and Let it go. With people going "Eh it wasn't that funny." So for general appeal I battered people on the head at the end a little more than being obscure...like all the other ****ing clips.

So I think its a little bit unfair to compare my clip to the winner of past AMV Hell minis. Thats like a song going "Daddy I drew my first dog!" and this father says "Sorry son, its not as good as the four dogs playing poker painting..."

The only constructive criticism is the flat based simple "the AMV is well edited, but unfunny." everything else is not even picking at the fiber of the challenge instead, ignoring the challenge and pretending it was submitted to AMV hell 7.

This is AMV hell Mini Challenges were the rules were

For this challenge, make a video about fandom or what it means to be a fan. I'll leave the interpretation of this up to you. You can make a video about fans/otaku, or just show us something that you are deeply passionate about. This doesn't even have to be related to anime. But remember to keep it funny!

If these were not the rules I wouldn't have made that clip, no one would have made the clips they made. Thus the head scratching would be gone, I am ultimately saying that the main flaw with ALL the clips was breed by the challenge itself. Cool idea on paper failed in implementation, as shown by the lack of submitters and lack of good clips overall.

At this point forget I made a clip, my clip doesn't exist. Your judgment of my clip isn't my complaint, I am complaining about flawed view for judgment on this challenge.

PS I may have put fade on my rejected clip and I can't check because I hated it so much I deleted it from everything, only to have to ask Zarx to see if he kept it and he did. Their might be fade.....I cant promise.

SilentChaz
06-08-2014, 01:58 PM
You’re saying that you weren’t being sarcastic when you said the fade-out was added “just to annoy chaz”?

Cute. Looks I gave you too much benefit of the doubt, Aky. You’re a child.

I could start omnislashing your post above, but honestly, there are far too many grammatical and phrasing errors that most of the points you are trying to make just come across as incomprehensible, and I’m not trying to be funny or insulting when I say that. So I’ll keep this short-

Your defence is essentially this: “The challenge brief/ rules were too constrictive.”
I suppose you’ll be blaming your editing software next.

You seem to be a fan of quoting the rules, so please- highlight the exact text that convinced you of this:

the challenge rules was put in place to funnel everything down this path of injokes and people not getting it.
Because I don’t see anything of the sort. Nowhere does it say:

Remember to keep it funny!... but only to the fans of your chosen subject!

You were free to create an AMV with a broader appeal, but unfortunately- you were far too hung up on your own interpretation of the rules this time around.

You still did a decent editing job and (apparently) your intended audience enjoyed your AMV, so well done.
Claim that small victory and don’t go blaming the challenge brief for you own failure to produce a broader-appealing AMV next time.

N.P.C.C.
06-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Stop fighting ladies. I don't see why both of you can't be pretty....and outrageous.

With that said, to all the people pulling a mutiny and not staying anon.

http://i.imgur.com/zSACyDJ.jpg?1?8448

It's hypocritical humor. However, do you see me doing it during the challenge?

Akyho
06-08-2014, 07:45 PM
You were free to create an AMV with a broader appeal, but unfortunately- you were far too hung up on your own interpretation of the rules this time around.

You still did a decent editing job and (apparently) your intended audience enjoyed your AMV, so well done.
Claim that small victory and don’t go blaming the challenge brief for you own failure to produce a broader-appealing AMV next time.

You missed the part were I said. I knew my clip has low appeal, I did the opposite of what every one else did, I didn't care about winning. I understand the reception, that not the issue. Which you forget because you keep thinking I am stomping my feet going "I WONT WIN! I WONT WIN!" which is farther from the truth.

At this point forget I made a clip, my clip doesn't exist. Your judgment of my clip isn't my complaint, I am complaining about flawed view for judgment on this challenge.

I dont care about any judgment of my clip right now thats a covered subject, that conversation is dead. I used it to pick at your judgments and the challenge's output, which only made it look like I was being childish and defend my clip.

I find flaw with your judgment of this challenge by your acts of forgetting the challenge rules and not taking in that the rules may be the main flaw for ALL of the clips good or bad. Because just look, a lack of participation we only got 9 clips a number of people went "Eh....I cant think of anything within the rules and would be funny." hell most of the people in the challenge apparently went "Eh..I have an idea that fits the rules."

With the entire challenge being such a wash from the start by people's lack of idea's and participation does this not mean the idea was flawed from the start? I still say my that the challenge's outcome would be the same 9/10 if this was repeated.

Also to help you chaz read what I am saying and I will help you read this one by keeping it simple.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT MY CLIP. FORGET MY CLIP. I AM NOT BEING BIASED AND DEFENDING MY CLIP. I WAS PICKING ON YOUR JUDGMENT METHOD USING MY CLIP AS AN ON HAND EXAMPLE. WHICH IS WHY YOU WOULD THINK THIS, HOWEVER TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE OVERALL QUALITY ENTIRE CHALLENGE AND QUESTION IF IT WASN'T TOO QUEER OF A REQUEST AND WOULD ALWAYS TURN OUT THIS WAY.

Easier to read now? I wanted better entries from everyone in this challenge. We got 9 clips and it was ALL bad, so like I say again...just because I made a clip in this doesnt mean I am biased as soon as I criticise the rules.

If you still think I am defending my clip then YOU'RE being biased Chaz because you think I am being a child and throwing a tantrum to defend my clip because I criticize the challenge. I would say the same even if I did not make a clip for this. Look at what we got it was a bad challenge and I think it was flawed by the rules.

PS Have a little bit of decorum about yourself Chaz and please sympathise with my dyslexia and stop using that to pick on me with. I was practically illiterate in putting my thoughts to text until 7 years ago. Kind of a tender subject.

SilentChaz
06-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Debate finished. Until next time, folks.

Come now, N.P.C.C., there’s no strict ruling on keeping our anonymity. I’m sure you’ve done it once or twice yourself before, haven’t you?

Besides, occasionally outing ourselves can lead to fruitful exchanges like the ones above.

Akyho
06-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Awww look at that, I try to have a proper debate with Chaz on potential flaws with the challenge and all he does is call me a child, makes fun of my dyslexia and take's his ball away.

MarkSoupial
06-08-2014, 09:44 PM
You guys sure take making fun of AMVs seriously

tanis_lionheart
06-08-2014, 10:02 PM
You guys sure take making fun of AMVs seriously http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/339/373/b65.jpg

N.P.C.C.
06-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Come now, N.P.C.C., there’s no strict ruling on keeping our anonymity. I’m sure you’ve done it once or twice yourself before, haven’t you?

There is no way for Zarx to enforce that rule. (that won't cause ****) However, he takes the effort to hide our names and put them back once voting is finished all while nicely suggesting we be silent. Since the general idea is to prevent bias in the voting everyone has adhered and possibly benefitted by this unwritten rule for the most part and that alone surprises me.

As for me, go back through the challenges and name one time (buddy challenge doesn't count) where i formally outed myself as the editor of a clip during the voting process. Note that this has no bearing on whether or not the clip i did is easy enough to guess. I'll still STFU regardless.

Kintaro
06-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Wow, look at yourselves....your grown men arguing about Chinese Cartoons but don't stop on my part. This is a fascinating display and look into mental development, I'll be sure to pass my findings to Freud.

CitizenRoman
06-09-2014, 12:50 AM
....and i thought fun things were fun....

N.P.C.C.
06-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Wow, look at yourselves....your grown men arguing about Chinese Cartoons but don't stop on my part. This is a fascinating display and look into mental development, I'll be sure to pass my findings to Freud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_EDYl7a4

They might stop.

Haar
06-09-2014, 12:54 AM
I think you're all horrible people simply for coming here. Even those of you that aren't posting right now.

Kintaro
06-09-2014, 01:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_EDYl7a4

They might stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UZ0jGbwEQ

SilentChaz
06-09-2014, 08:17 AM
don't stop on my part
Little late there, Kin.

You guys sure take making fun of AMVs seriously
We were making fun of AMVs?
Well, I am the guy who takes things way too seriously around here.

I haven’t formally outed myself as the editor of a clip during the voting process.I’ll take your word for it then. You’re one of the very few trustworthy individuals here.

Buildlancer
06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
i think this challenge was a fail but the next one will be easy cause we just got to vote for the worst one and sadly i think mine will win since i submited 5 to AMVhell 7 and all got rejected so woo i guess for me. i know mine was bad in this challenge hell i was tired and just had no insperation what so ever i just wanted to something so there ya go mine is number 2 with Kill me baby.

Zarxrax
06-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Congrats to SOS13 for a solid victory with video 05!
FrustratedRocka got a not-too-distant 2nd place for video 04.

milleniummaster18
06-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Congrats there, mate.

I find it funny how, if you compare it to Chaz's previous contribution, N.P.C.C. played second fiddle to his own running gag.

Why am I so sure that 7 wasn't an intended joke, now. Eh?

N.P.C.C.
06-11-2014, 11:11 PM
*Shurgs* Sequels are never as good and it was all in good fun. What's really funny is despite the hate the jem entries average within the top 4 in votes.

Congratulations SOS...13? Err...Why the "13?"

milleniummaster18
06-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Quality speaks for itself, after all. They are always well made, so it's no wonder they do just fine.

N.P.C.C.
06-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Criticism was right in regards to my editing being off. I rendered that **** like 40 times trying to decide on what to add/remove and something still didn't feel right and i think i know what it was...I should have added the cromartie high school clip of the guy at the computer watching the start sequence complete with the "no" sound clip from the office. Pretty much a self homage to that last minis S2 clip, The TMZ photoshop job couldn't have hurt either...

And OutrageousChaz, how in god's name did you edit the borders in 4:3 with ****ty vegas? I only saw the borders when i went 848x480.

IceAngelYuki
06-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Congrats there, mate.

I find it funny how, if you compare it to Chaz's previous contribution, N.P.C.C. played second fiddle to his own running gag.

Why am I so sure that 7 wasn't an intended joke, now. Eh?Lol, it was a joke in a sense. The quality may have been bad, but hey, I was having fun messing it up. My videos aren't usually that horrible. They may not be the best, but not that bad. Only when I am purposely making them bad or just don't give a damn.... The joke was not actually in the video clips themselves, but rather then video as a whole. Does that even make sense?

N.P.C.C.
06-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Lol, it was a joke in a sense. The quality may have been bad, but hey, I was having fun messing it up. My videos aren't usually that horrible. They may not be the best, but not that bad. Only when I am purposely making them bad or just don't give a damn.... The joke was not actually in the video clips themselves, but rather then video as a whole. Does that even make sense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpzR5vVA9k

IceAngelYuki
06-11-2014, 11:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpzR5vVA9kNo what? It doesn't make sense or is it something else?

N.P.C.C.
06-11-2014, 11:59 PM
The former from my perspective.

Haar
06-12-2014, 12:00 AM
You have to be good at something before you can make ironic jokes about it.

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Hey now, I never said I was terrible, just not the best. To be totally truthful, nobody is best at everything or really anything for that matter. Ever heard the statement there is always somebody better than you out there? I could use some work I am fully aware of that and just because you guys are better than others does not give you the right to talk bad or bash on those who are not as good as you. I have seen several of you do it and quite frankly, I just don't see why you would do that. It could just be my general nice person personality speaking, but I still just don't see why you do it.... Seriously, some of you need to get over yourselves.

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Hey now, I never said I was terrible, just not the best. To be totally truthful, nobody is best at everything or really anything for that matter. Ever heard the statement there is always somebody better than you out there? I could use some work I am fully aware of that and just because you guys are better than others does not give you the right to talk bad or bash on those who are not as good as you. I have seen several of you do it and quite frankly, I just don't see why you would do that. It could just be my general nice person personality speaking, but I still just don't see why you do it.... Seriously, some of you need to get over yourselves.
*grabs popcorn*

Haar
06-12-2014, 12:20 AM
I could use some work I am fully aware of that and just because you guys are better than others does not give you the right to talk bad or bash on those who are not as good as you. I have seen several of you do it and quite frankly, I just don't see why you would do that. It could just be my general nice person personality speaking, but I still just don't see why you do it.... Seriously, some of you need to get over yourselves.
Hm... that's true. Most people here are suffering from unwarranted self importance syndrome.

*grabs popcorn*

Don't mind me. I'm just feinting so the actual sharks will take the bait.

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 12:21 AM

Nigga please...

You have already been introduced to the mentality of this site quite a while ago. For this reason alone, you should have already knew what would happen if you "chose" to submit a clip like that - Intentionally bad quality or otherwise. You want to shut us all up? Take the advice you were given throughout your posting of AMVs and start applying it. We want results dammit! Not excuses.

Oh, and if you want to see some real levels of self importance. Go to the org. They wouldn't even give you a chance while we at least point you in the direction you need to go to get better.

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Nigga please...

You have already been introduced to the mentality of this site quite a while ago. For this reason alone, you should have already knew what would happen if you "chose" to submit a clip like that - Intentionally bad quality or otherwise. You want to shut us all up? Take the advice you were given throughout your posting of AMVs and start applying it. We want results dammit! Not excuses.You know, it is people like you that seriously piss me off. You give off the impression that you think you are better than everybody else. I knew I would get bashed and I don't care about that. It isn't me I am concerned about. I have seen some more nasty stuff said to others on this site than the bashing I got... Others don't take it quite as well and in fact, I was laughing about some of the comments that were posted about mine. I am not one to sit there and cry about somebody bad mouthing my work, but others don't take too well to it... Also, I am not a nigga, so don't call me that...

Hm... that's true. Most people here are suffering from unwarranted self importance syndrome.I kind of have to agree with that. Also to clear things up I wasn't referring to you when I went on that little rant. You have actually giving me a bit of advice that could help out in the long run....

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 12:54 AM
You know, it is people like you that seriously piss me off. You give off the impression that you think you are better than everybody else. I knew I would get bashed and I don't care about that. It isn't me I am concerned about. I have seen some more nasty stuff said to others on this site than the bashing I got... Others don't take it quite as well and in fact, I was laughing about some of the comments that were posted about mine. I am not one to sit there and cry about somebody bad mouthing my work, but others don't take too well to it... Also, I am not a nigga, so don't call me that...

Dude...or chick - anyone can be a "nigga." You would do well to remember that.

I fail to comprehend how my post translates into being "better" than you. Quite the contrary. i WAS in your position at one time or another so i can relate. However, because i can relate I know what needs to happen now. You gotta start improving. You claim you were listening to haar, right? What you say and what was seen in #7 implies otherwise. I'm now curious as to how much of the information we were giving you in regards to editing have you actually retained? I mean, when i look at akyho he has obviously gotten better after listening to us. (Better than he started for damn sure) Now, what of you? You may think i wish to put you down, but trust me when i say i don't want that. (guthix might) It's just that someone had to play the bad guy to get me to listen years back, and i think I wanted to do that for you. If you're going to continue such an apathetic approach in regards to your "work" maybe that was futile.

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Dude...or chick - anyone can be a "nigga." You would do well to remember that.

I fail to comprehend how my post translates into being "better" than you. Quite the contrary. i WAS in your position at one time or another so i can relate. However, because i can relate I know what needs to happen now. You gotta start improving. You claim you were listening to haar, right? What you say and what was seen in #7 implies otherwise. I'm now curious as to how much of the information we were giving you in regards to editing have you actually retained? I mean, when i look at akyho he has obviously gotten better after listening to us. (Better than he started for damn sure) Now, what of you? You may think i wish to put you down, but trust me when i say i don't want that. (guthix might) It's just that someone had to play the bad guy to get me to listen years back, and i think I wanted to do that for you. If you're going to continue such an apathetic approach in regards to your "work" maybe that was futile.Well, I don't know you so I cannot say for sure what you are saying is true, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now. Also, I really don't want to hear/see that username again. I have run into that person and hell, I want nothing to do with them.... If what you just said is true then I apologize for my behavior, but still...

By the way, I am a chick just so you know....

SOS13
06-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Cool. People liked my clip, I guess. I think what went wrong with some of these clips was the lack of a pay off or punch line to the joke, even though most of them were well edited. Personally, I enjoyed clips 3,4 and 9, but we were getting a lot of that on here anyway.

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 01:18 AM
That changes nothing, except for maybe what kind of sexual comments we make around you.

*edit* not really sure THAT will change too much, either....

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Well, I don't know you so I cannot say for sure what you are saying is true, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now. Also, I really don't want to hear/see that username again. I have run into that person and hell, I want nothing to do with them.... If what you just said is true then I apologize for my behavior, but still...

...If Guthix got on your nerves that much, he did his job. Now, don't you want to start making better quality videos to make him shut the hell up at least?

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 01:27 AM
That changes nothing, except for maybe what kind of sexual comments we make around you.

*edit* not really sure THAT will change too much, either....I didn't think it would make a difference. I just wanted to put that out there because the beginning of their message made it seem like they weren't sure...

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 01:28 AM
...If Guthix got on your nerves that much, he did his job. Now, don't you want to start making better quality videos to make him shut the hell up at least?

^this. Guthix is a troll. Nothing less, nothing more. His sole purpose for his existence is to drag others down as much as possible. If you care enough about his opinion to have your feelings hurt, then he got what he wanted, and you lost the game in which the only winning move is NOT to play at all. Best (or perhaps worst) part? It's all on you, not him. No matter how much he wants to, or how much he CLAIMS he can, he cannot FORCE you to actually give a **** about what he says. It's up to YOU to decide whether his words hold any meaning or not. Don't like said words? Then stop giving a ****.

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 01:30 AM
...If Guthix got on your nerves that much, he did his job. Now, don't you want to start making better quality videos to make him shut the hell up at least?Oh it wasn't my stuff he was badmouthing. It was my friend's. He wasn't so bad on me surprisingly, but still harsh. I took what he gave me far better than my friend did. He came to me after that bashing. I suppose I am the type of person that people go to when upset. Also to answer your question, I would love to shut him up and make him get his head out of his ass.... Yeah, I am not typically like this, I just few like blowing off some steam that came from a stressful day....

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 01:35 AM
"Anger" is an Outrageous motivator, isn't it?

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Honestly? I don't think ANYTHING will shut Guts up, even if it's an AMV that's somehow 100% perfect in every way, shape, and form possible.

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Honestly? I don't think ANYTHING will shut Guts up, even if it's an AMV that's somehow 100% perfect in every way, shape, and form possible.

I'm just saying she can get him off her case. Then, he'll move to the next fag- err...new poster.

...Where is that loli lovin' bastard anyway?

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm just saying she can get him off her case. Then, he'll move to the next fag- err...new poster.

...Where is that loli lovin' bastard anyway?
are there other forums he's active on? Maybe he's already moved on to the next "new poster"

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 01:43 AM
"Anger" is an Outrageous motivator, isn't it?Lol, yeah it is. Anger does wonders sometimes. Oh the wonders of anger. Anyways, what is your opinion on challenge 22? Country music, really? I have an idea for what I could do, but it is driving me insane because I really don't like country music much...

Honestly? I don't think ANYTHING will shut Guts up, even if it's an AMV that's somehow 100% perfect in every way, shape, and form possible.You may be right about that. I haven't been on this site long, but I have been around long enough to realize that there is something seriously wrong with that guy...

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 01:46 AM
Lol, yeah it is. Anger does wonders sometimes. Oh the wonders of anger. Anyways, what is your opinion on challenge 22? Country music, really? I have an idea for what I could do, but it is driving me insane because I really don't like country music much...

In the country music challenge thread OutrageousChaz posted some ideas.

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 01:54 AM
In the country music challenge thread OutrageousChaz posted some ideas.I saw that. I have my own idea, but I am running into a few issues getting it together. I have always been like this though. Having issues just to solve them in the nick of time, or just make them worse. I suppose I will figure something out be it stick to this idea or go with something else... Either way, I don't think I could do worse than I did this time around. Even for trying to do bad, I admit that that was ****... Oh well, you win some you lose some. No shame in at least trying.

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 01:54 AM
and now that we're starting to get back on-topic....

I'm actually quite surprised nobody did a "boob montage" video, or even a "panty-shot montage". Kinda curious how many (unearned) votes I would've gotten had I decided to go that route. (I still don't have any regrets in NOT doing so)

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Lol, why didn't I think of that. Just kidding, I know darn good and well why I didn't do that because that is not how I do things... I have never been the kind to do something like that and don't intend to. Do people have no shame?

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Lol, why didn't I think of that. Just kidding, I know darn good and well why I didn't do that because that is not how I do things... I have never been the kind to do something like that and don't intend to. Do people have no shame?

We have shame. Unfortunately it only extends to the "holy laws" of setting cartoons to music.

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 02:10 AM
Shame is one reason I decided against it.

Although the main reason was still "the idea sucks, and has been done before anyway."

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 02:13 AM
We have shame. Unfortunately it only extends to the "holy laws" of setting cartoons to music.Ahh, point taken. I guess I am one of those who refuse to go that route. I feel like I may be one of the few who are like that on here if not the only one. Granted, I have done a stupid clip of something similar to that of a "boob montage", but it was mild. It was also very much a piece of crap that I would rather forget about... Going for the boob montage is so not my strong point. It is a major weakness... But seriously do those kinds of videos really do that well in these challenges?

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Ahh, point taken. I guess I am one of those who refuse to go that route. I feel like I may be one of the few who are like that on here if not the only one. Granted, I have done a stupid clip of something similar to that of a "boob montage", but it was mild. It was also very much a piece of crap that I would rather forget about... Going for the boob montage is so not my strong point. It is a major weakness... But seriously do those kinds of videos really do that well in these challenges?
I don't think anyone's tried in these challenges yet, although it has appeared more than once in other Hell videos.

Like I said, it's been done before, and I doubt I could come up with anything to make it unique or "better".

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 02:19 AM
I don't think anyone's tried in these challenges yet, although it has appeared more than once in other Hell videos.

Like I said, it's been done before, and I doubt I could come up with anything to make it unique or "better".I doubt I could either... I wouldn't put it past somebody to try though... People can be so weird, strange, or perverted. Whatever you want to call that, but hey if done properly I suppose it could be funny. Could being the key word.

rathemighty
06-12-2014, 05:02 AM
20! Now, I can make a compilation of the first 20 winners!

Kintaro
06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
What is this shame you people speak of?

I would like to learn more about this concept.

thedarkmessenger
06-12-2014, 05:55 AM
20! Now, I can make a compilation of the first 20 winners!

or you could....you know....let Zarx do it like he's been planning to this whole time.

Maybe not of just the first 20, but still....

N.P.C.C.
06-12-2014, 06:04 AM
What is this shame you people speak of?

I would like to learn more about this concept.

Go to a ECW show wearing a Cena shirt then.

Sir Fluffykins
06-12-2014, 06:06 AM
Well done, though I'm not sure what the Fandom was

milleniummaster18
06-12-2014, 06:10 AM
The natural Hatedom for Frozen that emerged at the same time that the Fandom for Frozen entered the scene.

Kintaro
06-12-2014, 06:14 AM
Go to a ECW show wearing a Cena shirt then.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2iavq02.gif

SilentChaz
06-12-2014, 07:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kG2SHGs.png
I love you, Kin.

I don't think ANYTHING will shut Guts up, even if it's an AMV that's somehow 100% perfect in every way, shape, and form possible.
Aw, why are you trying to deny my proudest moment (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27855-AMV-Minis-Challenge-16-WATCH-amp-VOTE!&p=522262#post522262)?
I don’t think Guts has never bashed one of my clips. I’m actually starting to feel left out.
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE?

How in god's name did you edit the borders in 4:3 with ****ty vegas?Sorry, I can’t help you out there. I don’t have Vegas. Or After Effects.
I do my editing in Avidemux, and supplement it in 3DS Max when the project gets really complex.
I guarantee nobody here (or anywhere) can say they use 3DS Max as a video editor.
Although, I can’t speak for OutrageousChaz…

I will give [N.P.C.C.] the benefit of the doubt for now.

[N.P.C.C.] is one of the very few trustworthy individuals here.

Do people have no shame?
<Hides his Country challenge entry>

I look forward to seeing your next contribution, Yuki. If you're having trouble, by all means- ask us for advice.
Some of us here actually want to see decent AMVs in AMV Hell.

urahara1001
06-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Some of us here actually want to see decent AMVs in AMV Hell.

Who are these mysterious people? They must be gathered up, beaten, and then sent to a work camp until they die of exhaustion.

Es ist Zeit für Rache!
Wir müssen die Führungsschicht ausrotten!

Shuiia
06-12-2014, 04:33 PM
^this. Guthix is a [("troll"*)].
translators' note: what the **** kids?

I can't think of anymore punctuation marks to put there. Christ kids, first hipsters gets a sudden change of definition and use and now trolls. What next? memes themselves? Oh wait...

I'd also like to take this time to explain my clip(clip #6 if you're too lazy to look at credits) for those that are still lost about it and haven't heard my explanation yet.
The "fandom" being examined here was cyberpunk.
The joke here being(more of a nod and reference but whatever):
- the video source was obviously Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. This being a cyberpunk film
- the music used was Twilight time by The Platters.
- aforementioned music was used in a cyberpunk themed episode of The X-files called Kill Switch.
- aforementioned episode was written by 2 of the pioneers of cyberpunk in western literature. William Gibson and Tom Maddox.
- You can also consider the way the music was played as a bit of a nod to the episode specifically. Since the music was played by a heavily encrypted CD containing a virus to track down and kill a rogue A.I. whenever it was put into an average CD player.

IceAngelYuki
06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
I look forward to seeing your next contribution, Yuki. If you're having trouble, by all means- ask us for advice.
Some of us here actually want to see decent AMVs in AMV Hell.I am currently working on it. I tell you what, I really dislike country music now.... I disliked it before, but this makes it worse. I just hope I can manage better than this time around. I won't know till I try.

FrustratedRocka
06-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Bit late to the party, but congrats to sos13.

thedarkmessenger
06-13-2014, 05:43 AM
I can't think of anymore punctuation marks to put there. Christ kids, first hipsters gets a sudden change of definition and use and now trolls. What next? memes themselves? Oh wait...

yes, definitions of words change ALL THE TIME. There's also this thing called "slang". Don't like it? Tough ****. You're on the internet.

If you absolutely can't deal with it, then get off the internet....and the planet, while you're at it. IRL people use changed definitions and slang all the time as well.