OcularAMVs
06-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Hey guys! So I haven't posted any AMVs for a while now but I took some time and finished my second one!
I spent a lot of time on it and I am pretty happy on the way it turned out! I'd really like it if you guys could give me your thoughts, critiques, and check out my video! Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFHvjK8KxU

-OcularAMVs

PrinnyCat
06-01-2014, 03:35 PM
You need to get some sources without watermarks, like RAW episodes or bluray. As for the AMV itself, some of the scenes midway through got a bit draggy (like one whole same fight for the first chorus is a bit dull, even with flashes shoved in). Also some of the flashes were either off sync or not needed at all. Wasn't too bad for second AMV attempt though

Chewi105
06-01-2014, 04:06 PM
inb4 the Guthix thrashing

OcularAMVs
06-01-2014, 04:35 PM
You need to get some sources without watermarks, like RAW episodes or bluray. As for the AMV itself, some of the scenes midway through got a bit draggy (like one whole same fight for the first chorus is a bit dull, even with flashes shoved in). Also some of the flashes were either off sync or not needed at all. Wasn't too bad for second AMV attempt though

The episodes are RAW and bluray actually. I make sure all my footage are the highest of quality

Guthix
06-01-2014, 05:02 PM

just to **** on you ill skip this one

Sir Fluffykins
06-01-2014, 05:56 PM
The episodes are RAW and bluray actually. I make sure all my footage are the highest of quality

The TV mark, in the top right corner, shows it's from HDTV source, as in copied straight from TV.

So it's not BD quality which A) doesn't have watermarks and B) usually has had questionable animation edited/fixed so it doesn't look rushed from when they did the weekly TV run

PrinnyCat
06-01-2014, 06:10 PM
I like to be the sugar to Guthix's spice (what a ton of spice it is. More like mace actually)

OcularAMVs
06-03-2014, 01:05 AM
The TV mark, in the top right corner, shows it's from HDTV source, as in copied straight from TV.

So it's not BD quality which A) doesn't have watermarks and B) usually has had questionable animation edited/fixed so it doesn't look rushed from when they did the weekly TV run

Yeah the source is just Japanese audio at 720p but I didnt really care at all about the watermark. I keep searching everywhere for the very best source but when you have such limited choices, this is the best you will find on the internet.

PrinnyCat
06-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah the source is just Japanese audio at 720p but I didnt really care at all about the watermark. I keep searching everywhere for the very best source but when you have such limited choices, this is the best you will find on the internet.
Guilty Crown is a pretty easy anime to find in blu ray etc. Try places like Nyaatorrents

Guthix
06-03-2014, 07:22 PM

>best you will find on the internet.

get the **** out

OcularAMVs
06-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Guilty Crown is a pretty easy anime to find in blu ray etc. Try places like Nyaatorrents That's exactly where I got it from. I tried all of the torrents. Every single one either had a watermark with no subs and high quality, or did have subs.

Haar
06-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Salutations. It seems you need a bit of assistance from a technical perspective. Those were more than likely soft subtitles, meaning can turn the subs off. If the video is an mkv, that means that the subtitles have been saved as a stream separate from the video, in the form of an .srt or .ass file.

Assuming you know how to use Avisynth and Virtualdub, download this codec (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite). Next, look at this post (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?26707-The-Lazy-Man-s-Guide-To-AMV-Editing&p=487303#post487303). Shorten down the template provided to:

FFVideoSource("%fp%", threads = 1)
#ConvertToRGB24

#BilinearResize(1280,720)

If you are not aware of how to use Avisynth and Virtualdub, tead this guide. (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/) It assumes you're going to be using DVDs, but a lot of its info is still good.