Zarxrax
06-15-2014, 04:19 PM
This worked pretty well with amv hell 6.66, so let's try it again!
I'm looking for the community to help me make sure the credits are as correct as possible.
We will start off with the anime titles.
Here is a spreadsheet containing all the anime, as written on the entry forms:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-QiZKZJTy16oW1seqTKXC6gxXyRcewnG-ilXQRbsqI/edit?usp=sharing

Anime titles need to be consistent throughout, and should use what would be considered the most widely-accepted or official title/spelling of each one.
Any discrepancies or difficult ones can be discussed here.

Edit: And here is the audio sources: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kpBuFOxZif3MczPqC61zIx3I_-rYbvl409YVyCJJb3k/edit?usp=sharing
I'm primarily just looking for consistency here.

Shuiia
06-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Concerning Watamote:
English title, abreviated japanese title or full Japanese title?

Zarxrax
06-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Concerning Watamote:
English title, abreviated japanese title or full Japanese title?

Well, i would say the abbreviated japanese title, just because that's one heck of a long title...

Sir Fluffykins
06-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Okay, Watamote noted, checking now

Checked and the official title of Angel Beats is "Angel Beats!" (with the explamation point)

CitizenRoman
06-15-2014, 05:23 PM
#264 Tiger &amp Bunny
Correction: Tiger and Bunny

#239 Space☆Dandy
Correction: Space Dandy

#122-124 have a question mark between Hunter and Hunter with the 2011 by the title
Correction: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

edit: leave the star in space dandy then.

Sir Fluffykins
06-15-2014, 05:30 PM
^Though you're right, people like the star between Space and Dandy XD

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16157/Choujigen_Game_Neptune:_The_Animation

^ I'm confused by the listing for "Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation", everywhere it's known as "Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation", so I'm not too sure if the listing is wrong or not.

*EDIT* Berserk, Angel Beats! and Attack on Titan corrected.

Raolin Darkbane
06-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Well it seems there isn't a lot of NGE in this one.^^
Some people will rejoice.
What about capitalization. The current norm for japanese titles is that the first word as well as nouns are capitalized in Romanji, everything else is written in lower case. Want to stick to this convention?

Sir Fluffykins
06-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I've made so many corrections, I burnt out on all the different Kill la Kill's.

*Edit* Correction down to the T's. Change Gurren Lagann up by the G's to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to be consistant with the bunch down in the T's, changed all the "Shingeki no kyojin"'s to Attack on Titan

Haar
06-15-2014, 06:15 PM
No one outside of Japan calls it Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The official English release just calls it Gurren Lagann

Akyho
06-15-2014, 06:22 PM
110 is a Guyver anime, its stated first as Guyve:The Bioboosted armour missing an R so thus its Guyver:The Bioboosted. However currently some one corrected it too The Guyver Bio-Booster Armor.

So we need a visual check on this clip. Is it the 1989 OAV series The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor or is it the 2005 Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor?

I think it is Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor.

Here is some clips.

1989 The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3m1Xxr7mNw

2005 Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7OW1JTJ4M

Sir Fluffykins
06-15-2014, 06:27 PM
I changed it, *EDIT* see you've put both, now lets wait and see

Zarxrax
06-15-2014, 07:15 PM
I'll check on the guyver thing later today

Distict5-9
06-15-2014, 08:53 PM
So, would it be best to just stick with the original Japanese title or put in the English translated one? Because, personally, I've never heard "Binbogami ga!" being referred to as "Good Luck Girl!" before... Should we change then "Nichijou" to "My ordinary life" and "Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou" to "Daily lives of Highschool Boys"?

Also, regarding titles listed as "Tenchi Universe and Spongebob Squarepants", should we just remove the "and" and replace it with a comma?

Zarxrax
06-15-2014, 11:04 PM
nichijou is a good question.
Looking back on the hell 6.66 credits, I see we went with Nichijou there.
I don't really feel strongly about it one way or the other.

Zarxrax
06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
I've added a link at the top for the audio sources now too.

milleniummaster18
06-15-2014, 11:16 PM
94 through 97 mention Host Club as a source, is that Ouran? If so, it needs a tad of clarifying.

Also, I need opinions on Penguindrum vs. Mawaru Penguindrum

Eyes on 160. Which Street Fighter animation is it referring to?

Have a look at 229, I have a tough time deciding on whether to use its English name or Japanese name, since I don't know which one's more known.

Raolin Darkbane
06-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Also, I need opinions on Penguindrum vs. Mawaru Penguindrum
If it helps I only know it as Mawaru Penguindrum and have never heard anybody call it just Penguindrum.

milleniummaster18
06-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Uhm, what's the stance on featured artists in sound clips? Do they go along with the Artist (e.g. Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z) or on the title (Drunk in Love (ft. Jay-Z))?

The Real Inferno
06-16-2014, 01:32 AM
32 in the songs needs to be Let's Beyblade by Sick Kid

CitizenRoman
06-16-2014, 01:35 AM
#146 needs correction it says M&Ms commerical, but it has "&amp between the m's. also, it has the song 'id do anything for love (but i won't do that). that's the song by meatloaf.

#274 has &quot in between windows xp title

#227 has steven universe, but it has listed episodes by it and also contains "&quot"

#154 has "&quot"

#98 and #99 have that ""&quot" in the futurama ones

The Real Inferno
06-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Track 71: Impossible to know what song from the Dragonball Z OST it is without hearing the song.

milleniummaster18
06-16-2014, 02:37 AM
For 70: Notice that Justin Bieber: Never Say Never is a movie. We don't know if it's necessarily using the song of a similar title.

Zarxrax
06-16-2014, 03:29 AM
For 70: Notice that Justin Bieber: Never Say Never is a movie. We don't know if it's necessarily using the song of a similar title.
it's the movie

The Real Inferno
06-16-2014, 04:11 AM
210 - I believe is from the South Park movie right and not the show?

229 - There are multiple themes to Stripperella. I need to know if it's the original theme ("Erotica" by Kid Rock) or the theme that was put on the DVDs because they lost the rights to Erotica (it's just the original Ending Theme, but longer). For now, I'm assuming it's the much more well known Erotica.

236 - Kind of odd one. It's audio from Dragonball Z abridged but just credited as Team Four Star. I would probably just put it as Dragonball Z Abridged - "Sound Clip" myself as previous abridged series audio has been credited in that way in 6.66.

262 - Credited as Third Impact - "Squid Girl"....wut?

268 & 287 - Not consistent with other asdf credits, but also don't know how those should be credited in the first place.

Furthermore, I noticed that a LOT of anime have their audio credited. This is probably from clips that cut between new audio and the original anime's audio. I would suggest that whenever this happens, the anime not be credited in the audio since duh, it's already credited in the anime.

milleniummaster18
06-16-2014, 04:44 AM
Reverted the corrections to the asdfmovies, as their actual Youtube titles have their titles with no spacing between the number and the last letter (e.g. asdfmovie2).

Sir Fluffykins
06-16-2014, 05:27 AM
If it helps I only know it as Mawaru Penguindrum and have never heard anybody call it just Penguindrum.

The show was dubbed and called "Penguin Drum", but it's mostly referred to as "Penguindrum"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cjg39cnbPO8/UFOtamP95yI/AAAAAAAAAG0/u1F7ytOsMqU/s1600/penguindrumDVD.jpeg

Sir Fluffykins
06-16-2014, 05:32 AM
So, would it be best to just stick with the original Japanese title or put in the English translated one? Because, personally, I've never heard "Binbogami ga!" being referred to as "Good Luck Girl!" before... Should we change then "Nichijou" to "My ordinary life" and "Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou" to "Daily lives of Highschool Boys"?

Nichijou and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou weren't dubbed, so I took the stance more people know the Jap-name

Binbogami ga! was also dubbed ages ago, I only know it as "Good Luck Girl!"

The Real Inferno
06-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Upon further review, I now know what Third Impact-Squid Girl is.

Sir Fluffykins
06-16-2014, 05:50 AM
*EDIT* Someone fixed all the sound clips

audio 238 has the same listings as the video, I assume Tenchi in Tokyo is the video and The Wizard is actually the audio, can we get some clarification.

Zarxrax
06-16-2014, 10:05 AM
*EDIT* Someone fixed all the sound clips

audio 238 has the same listings as the video, I assume Tenchi in Tokyo is the video and The Wizard is actually the audio, can we get some clarification.
Its a mix of audio from the anime and audio from the wizard.

Sir Fluffykins
06-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Okay, then it should be fine, thanks Zarxrax