IamJC
06-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Hi all,
this is the amv of sword art online
welcome to give advices!!!

http://youtu.be/mFEbmCdrrWc

SuperLoliSentai
06-26-2014, 07:45 AM
Potential is there. The video quality is ok but there is a watermark up in the top corner and the scrolling text around 1:50 needs to be fixed! I am sure Haar will help you in this regard. The timings were decent and the general feel of the music matched the visuals. You can easily remove any unwarranted lip flaps, such as 0:26. Good luck with any future projects.

With all that said, I am sick of SAO AMVs...

PS. Any future AMVs just put them in the AMV Self Promotion Thread (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?4410-AMV-Self-Promotion-Thread), ok? No need to start a whole new thread for a few comments :)

Haar
06-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Salutations. It seems you need a bit of assistance from a technical perspective.
Get your BD footage from BakaBT (bakabt.me)or NyaaTorrents (nyaa.se). After that, read this guide. (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/) It assumes you're going to be using DVDs instead of soft subtitled mkv files, but a lot of its info is still good.

After carefully reading that guide, download this codec (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite). Next, look at this post (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?26707-The-Lazy-Man-s-Guide-To-AMV-Editing&p=487303#post487303). It gives shortcuts on the process that speed things up and is more relevant to editing with mkvs. Finally, shorten down the template provided to:

FFVideoSource("%fp%", threads = 1)
#ConvertToRGB24

#BilinearResize(1280,720)

Really, just don't use tv rips.

Shuiia
06-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forum newbie.
Here are some forum etiquette pointers so that your next woopsies are avoided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4EfoLzu_I

Sir Fluffykins
06-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Is he a newbie if he joined in 2013 and only posts these AMV's?

SilentChaz
06-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Forum etiquette vid

I'm considering remaking that video for AMVHF.

Would anybody fancy voicing it?

Distict5-9
06-26-2014, 01:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that, out of all of us, mattroks has the best audio-recording equipment. You can try asking him...

Shuiia
06-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Is he a newbie if he joined in 2013 and only posts these AMV's?
He made a new thread to show of his AMV didn't he?

OOH OOH OOH PICK ME

SilentChaz
06-26-2014, 02:45 PM
^ LOL. I'm only asking if anybody would fancy it. No need to be a big, sarcastic meanie about it.

Matt would be the natural go-to-first guy, although I’m worried he might not love me anymore...

Guthix
06-26-2014, 02:59 PM
^ LOL. I'm only asking if anybody would fancy it. No need to be a big, sarcastic meanie about it.

Matt would be the natural go-to-first guy, although I’m worried he might not love me anymore...

im pretty sure everyone here hates you already, so you have nothing restraining you

Shuiia
06-26-2014, 03:09 PM

I was being serious...
I'd love to voice this little PSA

Distict5-9
06-26-2014, 06:22 PM
I was being serious...
I'd love to voice this little PSA

So that all the helpless newbies can realize the error of their ways through the sultry sound of your angel-like voice...

SilentChaz
06-26-2014, 06:23 PM
you have nothing restraining you
:D

I was being serious
Cool beans.

Scripting time…

urahara1001
06-26-2014, 07:56 PM

I'll toss my hat in for that as well if Shuiia backs out. While my recording equipment isn't top notch, I have picked up a better microphone since I've done some of my previous voice work (probably my best available example is here, though this was more off-the-cuff, and I'd probably do better on something fully scripted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvr5VXrDIIQ).

Shuiia
06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
So that all the helpless newbies can realize the error of their ways through the sultry sound of your angel-like voice...

If you consider a Baritone voice angelic sure.

Guthix
06-27-2014, 04:14 AM
I'll toss my hat in for that as well if Shuiia backs out. While my recording equipment isn't top notch, I have picked up a better microphone since I've done some of my previous voice work (probably my best available example is here, though this was more off-the-cuff, and I'd probably do better on something fully scripted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvr5VXrDIIQ).

totaly riped off lore in a minute

urahara1001
06-27-2014, 04:26 AM
totaly riped off lore in a minute

Totally didn't read the description. :p

Guthix
06-27-2014, 04:31 AM
Totally didn't read the description. :p

it was too **** to raise interest for further inspection

SilentChaz
06-27-2014, 08:41 AM
I suppose I should start a new thread for this... but I kind of like the idea of hijacking a useless thread and turning it into a somewhat productive one.

Okay, here’s our mission brief:

The Problem – New/ uninformed members constantly creating new threads to promote (mediocre) AMVs, unaware of/ ignoring the AMV Self Promotion Thread.

Proposed Solution – Create a short, educational, introductory video explaining proper AMV Hell forum etiquette regarding the posting of AMVs.

Reference –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4EfoLzu_I

========

Draft of first script:

Welcome to the AMV Hell forums.

You’re here because you’ve discovered the joys of splicing Japanese cartoons to unrelated music. In other words- you are an AMV editor.

You probably have a new AMV or two you’ve been hoping to share with the world. You may be looking for praise, constructive criticism, or even advice on how to improve your editing.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. AMV Hell forums and its members welcome new AMVs and their editors with open arms. All you need to do is show us your work.

How do you do that?

Easy. Click on forum… other videos… and you see that sticky? The “AMV Self Promotion Thread”? That’s right. This is where you post the links to your video.

The AMV Self Promotion Thread is a special place set aside for the sharing of AMVs unrelated to the main series of AMV hell and AMV minis. If you truly want to receive any kind of praise, constructive criticism or advice on this forum, the AMV Self Promotion thread is the place to go.
Do not – I repeat – do not, post a new thread just to show off your one and only video.

But wait. What’s that you say?
Your AMV is the best AMV ever made? It deserves its own thread?

Well, then maybe you’re right. By all means, feel free to create your own new thread.
But before you do, you may want to ask yourself a few questions:

Does your AMV contain any of the following:
Intrusive Subtitles?
Watermarks?
Terrible audio quality?
Terrible picture quality?
A fight sequence with little to no actual editing?

Is this your first AMV ever?

If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions- do not click that submit button. Just don’t.

Finally, whether you chose to share your video in the designated thread, or created your own, remember- never, ever say:

“No not criticise my AMV.”

The results will be dire.

Thank you for listening, and may you have a wonderful time in hell.

First step - Refine script.

Please suggest cuts, additions and rephrasing.

Shuiia
06-27-2014, 09:16 AM
I suggest a bit more snarky and comedy here and there.
for instance

"You’re here because you’ve discovered the joys of splicing Japanese cartoons meant for little boys and girls to unrelated music meant for the alternative crowd that you'll never ever be part of."

"Well, you’ve come to the right place. AMV Hell forums and its members welcome new AMVs and their editors with open arms. All you need to do is show us your work and not be **** at it."

"Easy. Click on forum… other videos… and you see that sticky? The “AMV Self Promotion Thread”? That’s right. This is where you post the links to your video. NO. WHERE. ELSE."

"Do not – I repeat – do not, post a new thread just to show off your one and only video only to go away and never be heard from again."

"But wait. What’s that you say?
Your AMV is the best AMV ever made? It deserves its own thread? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this guy right here."

"Ahem, Well, then maybe you’re right."

"If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions- do not click that submit button. Just don’t. Stoning, public shaming and even some sodomy will follow."

"Finally, whether you chose to share your video in the designated thread, or created your own. No but seriously, don't ever make your own ****ing thread brah."

"Thank you for listening, and may you have a wonderful time in hell. Remember, you're here forever. Or at least until you have a nervous breakdown."

Also, a little pointer to how the search button works would be swell as well.

MADEVIL
06-27-2014, 09:26 AM
I suppose I should start a new thread for this... but I kind of like the idea of hijacking a useless thread and turning it into a somewhat productive one.

Okay, here’s our mission brief:

[INDENT]The Problem – New/ uninformed members constantly creating new threads to promote (mediocre) AMVs, unaware of/ ignoring the AMV Self Promotion Thread.

Proposed Solution – Create a short, educational, introductory video explaining proper AMV Hell forum etiquette regarding the posting of AMVs.

It wouldn't help, they don't pay attention or look around at the site or they might just be flat out ignoring the proper thread. They all just posting and run for the most part and we are discussing options since we have been getting a lot of these look at my AMV/ My First AMV threads

Guthix
06-27-2014, 10:10 AM
theres a site im in where you cant post links untill you have 10 posts in the forums, that could hold off the lil ****s and make them browse the forums more.
alternatively, block thread making until X amount of posts.

even more alternatively if you have free time you could simply shove the thread into a trash thread [or the promo] is they cant find it when they come back thats theyr problem

Distict5-9
06-27-2014, 11:05 AM
There used to be a time, back in the day, when we had an entire Video-hosting section (we even had a Flash Game section too, for some obscure reason...) of the forum where people just sort of dumped their AMVs in and you could comment or rate them. How about seeing if Zarx can reintroduce that?

SilentChaz
06-27-2014, 01:02 PM
1. I suggest a bit more snark and comedy here and there.
2. Also, a little pointer to how the search button works would be swell as well.
1. With moderation, I think that could work.
2. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find the search feature of this forum absolutely abysmal. Besides, would a newbie (or the rest of us) really benefit in any way by knowing of its existence?

1. [making an etiquette video] won't help
2. we are discussing options since we have been getting a lot of these look at my AMV/ My First AMV threads
1. You’re very likely right. It’s just something to try out if nothing else is going to be done.
2. By “we” you mean “the mods”, right? Well damn, it’s nice to be reminded you exist.

block thread making until X amount of posts.
This. Seriously.

we had an entire Video-hosting section
How about seeing if Zarx can reintroduce that?
I (vaguely) remember this. Presumably it was dropped for a reason though?

urahara1001
06-27-2014, 01:48 PM
theres a site im in where you cant post links untill you have 10 posts in the forums, that could hold off the lil ****s and make them browse the forums more.
alternatively, block thread making until X amount of posts.

Only problem I see with this is that we'll then have the ****s making X number of even stupider posts just to get past the block limit and then proceeding with it anyway. I think we may be better off with a time restriction than a minimum post number restriction. They still might ignore it and be stupid, but then we at least don't have to see their stupidity spread across other threads too.

Shuiia
06-27-2014, 02:34 PM
2. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find the search feature of this forum absolutely abysmal. Besides, would a newbie (or the rest of us) really benefit in any way by knowing of its existence?

It is abysmal. I use it to easily find specific threads again after they've been bumped of the front page and even typing in the actual thread name will get you around 6 or 7 unrelated threads before the thread you're actually looking for pops up. Don't think advanced search helps a lot either.
As for knowing of it's existence will help anything? Well, it can save a bunch of needless questions. Plus who knows, maybe we'll start a movement of people actually looking things up for themselves instead of asking people all the time.

LawRayLiet
06-27-2014, 04:00 PM
1. You’re very likely right. It’s just something to try out if nothing else is going to be done.
2. By “we” you mean “the mods”, right? Well damn, it’s nice to be reminded you exist.
Just to be clear, it's never been against the rules to post a new thread for your AMV, in fact it's the purpose of the forum. But even years back before we were mods, people complained about "my first amv" threads. Which is why I made the promo thread and eventually stickied it so people had a clear option.
But yeah, it's currently under discussion at least.

Haar
06-27-2014, 04:50 PM
For the uninitiated, I'd like to point out that this is the sixth time IamJC has done this.

http://i.imgur.com/VrCNH6U.png

Guthix
06-27-2014, 05:07 PM

I (vaguely) remember this. Presumably it was dropped for a reason though?

nope. this feature was lost when the site was hacked, after talking with zarx he said he was too lazy to put it back up.

Only problem I see with this is that we'll then have the ****s making X number of even stupider posts just to get past the block limit and then proceeding with it anyway. I think we may be better off with a time restriction than a minimum post number restriction. They still might ignore it and be stupid, but then we at least don't have to see their stupidity spread across other threads too.

wont happen, thrust me. only way someone would do that if they wanted to troll the system.

Just to be clear, it's never been against the rules to post a new thread for your AMV, in fact it's the purpose of the forum. But even years back before we were mods, people complained about "my first amv" threads. Which is why I made the promo thread and eventually stickied it so people had a clear option.
But yeah, it's currently under discussion at least.

unfortunatly that idea is an utter failure, i dont remember a single post in that thread that wasnt a redirected.

SilentChaz
06-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Well, it can save a bunch of needless questions
Such as?
I get where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it’s ever really been a problem is all- newbies asking questions with answers they could easily find themselves… does this happen a lot? I must have missed it.

Regardless- could you type up a quick line or two to explain the feature, for possible inclusion in the video’s script?

Could we hear some of your chocolaty vocals?

then we’ll have the ****s making X number of even stupider posts just to get past the block limit
That’s a possibility alright, but I think Gutsman has a point. The block limit should be a good enough deterrent for all but the most determined of trolls.

zarx said he was too lazy to put it back up.
Having seen what the man has to deal with recently… I can’t say I blame him.

Just to be clear, it's never been against the rules to post a new thread for your AMV
That’s very clear. The video idea is more a matter of teaching etiquette anyway.

While this issue is being discussed with the higher powers, I’m thinking the video is worth making for the hell of it anyway. Who knows? It might help, just a little.

urahara1001
06-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Got some further input on the script. I included some of Shuiia's suggestions, and added a bit to try and give it a little more tone of one of those Cold War era informational videos.

You’re here because you’ve discovered the joys of splicing together Japanese cartoons meant for children and unrelated music.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. AMV Hell forums and its members welcome new AMVs and new editors that aren't complete and utter **** with open arms.

You're probably ready to jump right in, and may even have already put together a clip that you're looking shove in everyone's face and get feedback on. Woah, hold on there, eager beaver. We've got a few things to cover first.

First things first; you'll need to show us your work and put it up for display in the right place. Now, you may be asking, "How the hell do I find that?"

Easy. Click on forum… other videos… and you see that sticky? The “AMV Self Promotion Thread”? That’s right. This is where you post the links to your video.

The AMV Self Promotion Thread is a special place set aside for the sharing of AMVs unrelated to the main series of AMV hell and AMV minis. NOT ANYWHERE ELSE. If you truly want to receive any kind of praise, constructive criticism or advice on this forum, the AMV Self Promotion thread is the place for you.

What you don't, and I mean really do not, want to do is post a new thread just to show off your one and only video.

But wait. What’s that you say?
Your AMV is the best AMV ever made? It deserves a thread all to itself? Hey everybody! We've got another one of THOSE guys!

Well, hey, you may be right! By all means, feel free to create your own new thread. But before you do, give it one more look and check for these common **** factor traits.

Do you have:
Intrusive Subtitles?
Watermarks?
Terrible audio quality?

If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions- do NOT click that submit button. Just don’t. Stoning, public shaming and possibly even some sodomy will follow.

Finally, whether you chose to share your video in the designated thread, or created your own, remember- never, ever say:

“Do not criticise my AMV.”

Criticism is a big part of what we do here. Great AMVs and editors are not born; they are heated in the fires of countless flame wars and are forged on the anvil of the forums. If you're lucky enough to earn extra harsh criticism or insults, think of it as getting extra hammer beatings. It may hurt now, but it will only make you stronger in the end.

Thank you for listening, and may you have a wonderful time in hell.

mattroks101
06-27-2014, 09:50 PM

I'm down.

Shuiia
06-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Such as?
I get where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it’s ever really been a problem is all- newbies asking questions with answers they could easily find themselves… does this happen a lot? I must have missed it.

Regardless- could you type up a quick line or two to explain the feature, for possible inclusion in the video’s script?

Another thing, if you have any questions about a thread or are searching for a thread in particular. Remember, the search button is your friend. Just type in some basic keywords and after going through a bunch of unrelated results you are bound to find your answer. Bothering the other members and moderators during their busy routine of splicing girly cartoons to Avenged Sevenfold isn't only showing in pride and colors how new you are. It's also a bit stupid to be bothering other people when you can find an answer to your own problems yourself. Now, ISN'T IT?!

Could we hear some of your chocolaty vocals?

Here's a little demo I made in about 2 minutes (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VKI5DWZZfV)

Backmask
06-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Here's a little demo I made in about 2 minutes (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VKI5DWZZfV)
>All those pauses
>All those "umm-s"
>All those "uhhh-s"
>Can't even utilize your own accent properly

Unacceptable. See me after class.

mattroks101
06-27-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm not saying I'll be the one narrating it. But I'll be the one narrating it. If it ever makes it that far.

Shuiia
06-28-2014, 09:06 AM
>All those pauses
>All those "umm-s"
>All those "uhhh-s"
>Can't even utilize your own accent properly

Unacceptable. See me after class.

It was past midnight so I was tired as hell and I had to make **** up on the fly since I didn't prepare anything.
but I know my voice sucks for voice work ;_;. I just want to have a little example of everyone's voice capabilities before we commit to Matt's voicing

thedarkmessenger
06-28-2014, 09:28 AM
It is abysmal. I use it to easily find specific threads again after they've been bumped of the front page and even typing in the actual thread name will get you around 6 or 7 unrelated threads before the thread you're actually looking for pops up. Don't think advanced search helps a lot either.
I sometimes have to dig through 2 or 3 pages just to find what I'm looking for :\

SilentChaz
06-29-2014, 12:11 PM
”No but seriously, don't ever make your own ****ing thread brah."LOL. I think I’ll add some of these comments to the video as text. Seen, just not spoken.

give it a little more tone of one of those Cold War era informational videos.I enjoyed the style presented in that Steam vid too, my only issue with that is in delivering the look and feel of it- which I don’t think I can adequately pull off, to be honest.
Since I brought up the idea from the start, it’s only fair that I get stuck with the difficult task of editing this thing.

I was thinking of keeping the general tone of the video straight; playing it serious for the most part with only a little snark and a few visual gags cropping up occasionally.
This is to be an educational/ informative video first and foremost. Of course- that doesn’t mean it should be boring or devoid of all humour. We don’t want this to be too aggressive/ condescending in tone to scare off/ insult the newbies either.

I find the tone of this video ideal for what we need:

http://youtu.be/E6W-7OTAyW4

Script v1.1:

Largely the same as the first draft, with a couple of rephrased lines and a (very quick) reference to the search feature added at the end.

If you’re watching this video, then you must be an aspiring new AMV editor, looking for a place to share your latest and greatest video creation with a community of fellow AMV enthusiasts.

Well, you’ve come to the right place.

Here at the AMV hell forums we welcome new editors and their AMVs with open arms (so long as they aren’t completely terrible, anyway).
Share your videos with us, and we’ll be more than happy to offer you praise, constructive criticism and advice on how to improve your overall editing abilities.

So, what are you waiting for? Sharing your AMVs couldn’t be easier.

Simply click on… forum… other videos… and… you see that sticky? That’s right. The “AMV Self Promotion Thread”? This is where you share your AMV.

Simply enter the URL of your video, leave a short description, and hit the reply button.

The AMV Self Promotion Thread is a special place set aside for the sharing of AMVs unrelated to the main series of AMV hell and AMV minis.
If you truly want your video to be discussed sensibly on this forum, then the AMV self Promotion thread is the place to go.

Do not – I repeat – do not, create a new thread for the sole purpose of showing off your one and only video, then disappear, never to be heard from ever again.

But wait, what’s that you say?

Your AMV really is the greatest AMV ever made?
You want to discuss your AMV at length?
It deserves its own thread entirely?

Well, then by all means- feel free to create your own new thread.
But before you do, you may want to ask yourself a few quick questions:

Does your AMV contain any of the following:
Intrusive Subtitles?
Watermarks?
Terrible audio quality?

If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions- do not click that submit button. Just don’t. Please. Public shaming, sodomy and even crucifixion may follow.

Finally, whether you chose to share your video in the designated promotion thread, or created your own, remember- to never, ever say:

“No not criticise my AMV.”

Believe it or not- we do have standards at AMV Hell. Sharing a poorly made AMV is a waste of our time and your own, and will earn you nothing besides ridicule from the community.

Put some care and attention into your editing, open your mind to criticism, and we’ll all get along just fine.

Thanks for watching.

If you have any questions or are looking for more information on how to make better AMVs, be sure to check out the Video help subforum. And if all else fails- be sure to try out the search feature. Remember- every question has an answer, so be sure to a least look for it before asking other people to do the same.

May you have a wonderful time in hell.

After a dry reading, I expect the video to last no longer than three minutes using this version.

I think a few pieces could stand to be trimmed a little more, but if there are no other suggestions for revisions, this might be the final script.

Stuff like a choice of music shouldn’t affect the overall length of the video or anything, so this can be decided later.

I'm not saying I'll be the one narrating it. But I'll be the one narrating it.

“We all know Matt’s quality with his voice work… so he’s a bona fide win, if we pick him.” (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VKI5DWZZfV)
LOL. Happy to have you on board, Matt.

If anyone wants to volunteer for the voicing gig they’d best provide a sample like Shu. Who knows, someone here might actually sound sexier than Matt…

I'm curious as to what accents you can do Shu...

Shuiia
06-29-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm curious as to what accents you can do Shu...

Let's see
Dutch(obviously)
English(Oxford accent, local accents like scouse, ****ney and geordie can be done to varying degrees of success)
American(Generic American accent, as with English varying accents can be done with varying degrees of success)
Russian
French
Australian(ish)
Irish(sorta)
Scottish(sorta)
Welsh(possibly)
Italian(more Italian-American)
Japanese(in probably the most racist way possible)
^same goes for Chinese
Indian/Pakistani
Arabic/Moroccan
South African(this'll sound pretty much like Dutch)
German
Spanish(to some extent)
That's about as much as I can think of at this moment.

Also the script is looking good to me. As far as I'm concerned I don't have any suggestions to make.

SilentChaz
07-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Darn it, Shu. You were supposed to provide a recording of each accent…

Update-

Matt has kindly provided a recording of the narration, so I’ll be working on the video over the weekend.

His audio file contained a bizarre (yet touching) message, which I’ll share with you here:

http://youtu.be/lTzUVXCmNCQ

Cheers, Matt.

mattroks101
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
This video contains nothing but the truth. And it's totally not edited at all. Totally.

Guthix
07-03-2014, 07:44 PM

Update-

Matt has kindly provided a recording of the narration, so I’ll be working on the video over the weekend.

His audio file contained a bizarre (yet touching) message, which I’ll share with you here:

Cheers, Matt.

the audio slicing is too obvious to retain any humor, i hope youre proud of yourself

SuperLoliSentai
07-03-2014, 07:57 PM
the audio slicing is too obvious to retain any humor, i hope youre proud of yourself

Apparently you have never talked to Matt before. He has a weird speech impediment.

Guthix
07-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Apparently you have never talked to Matt before. He has a weird speech impediment.

cool story bro, though in hightsight it woulda made his abridged series more interesting if he vocalized like that.

izumiyagami
07-03-2014, 08:17 PM
i like how someone was promoting their **** to start but it was taken over by chaz's ****

SilentChaz
07-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Hijacking is fun. Although- I would like to consider this as our **** now, not just my own.

the audio slicing is too obvious to retain any humor
Listening back… I’d say it isn’t too obvious enough, actually.

You are difficult to please, aren’t you…
If I send you my future AMV challenge entries, would you critique them for me?
I’ll make changes according to your will.
I only want to make you smile.

Guthix
07-04-2014, 04:39 AM
how the hell is that suposed to make me smile, what youre offering is like checking weather you did your homework properly

urahara1001
07-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Guthix, that actually sounds like it would be right up your alley. You'd get to yell at all the kindergarteners and tell them they're retarded for drawing their pictures of cows blue, or flog them for coloring outside the lines, or otherwise harass them any of the other **** kids do naturally. Essentially it's the same principle here; you have the chance to make someone feel horrible for just being them self.

Shuiia
07-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Thought about it but it would take too long to record each and every example in seperate files or do it in one long take.

I can still give you a private example in skype papi~

Guthix
07-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Guthix, that actually sounds like it would be right up your alley. You'd get to yell at all the kindergarteners and tell them they're retarded for drawing their pictures of cows blue, or flog them for coloring outside the lines, or otherwise harass them any of the other **** kids do naturally. Essentially it's the same principle here; you have the chance to make someone feel horrible for just being them self.

oh my, i didnt know this site was for kindergardeners.

Shuiia
07-04-2014, 05:44 PM
oh my, i didnt know this site was for kindergardeners.

Always knew you'd have a thing for child slavery.

http://i.imgur.com/xsvT9ZC.jpg

Guthix
07-04-2014, 05:47 PM
make em grow **** so i can cut it down, just like the amv hell tree

SilentChaz
07-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Update-

http://youtu.be/d9X-GXSb9-Y

http://youtu.be/d9X-GXSb9-Y

Here’s the video so far.

The question now is what needs changing / fixing?

I kept the tone mostly serious in the end, not much humour in it, but stuff can certainly be added if it doesn’t destroy the overall presentation.
The current picture is only 848x480. I can re-render at a full 1280x720, but if there’s no call for it, I’ll just save myself the bother.
As long as the message is delivered, the resolution isn’t very important.

Distict5-9
07-07-2014, 06:15 PM
0:20 "Enthusiasts". I don't think I've ever seen anything even remotely close to enthusiasm in response to any AMV, no matter how good, featured on this site.

Snark aside, as far as the core structure goes, I say it's pretty fine. Nice and straight to the point. Although some not-too-distracting BGM in there wouldn't hurt, either...

MADEVIL
07-07-2014, 06:35 PM

It's about time it's done, was wonder how much longer it was going to be. Have to watch it again for another laugh but only thing that hit was in the video about leaving a url link, it would be nice to use the video button instead so it embeds.

SuperLoliSentai
07-07-2014, 06:51 PM

What MAD said about using the embedded video button for the link and also for the bad picture quality you should **** with the quality of the picture instead of just blurring it a little. Also, maybe have some static sound in the background for the "Bad Audio Quality."

"Use the search feature" Hahahahahaha like that **** works.

Backmask
07-07-2014, 07:31 PM
also for the bad picture quality you should **** with the quality of the picture instead of just blurring it a little.
Just making it into an artifact wonderland should be good enough.
http://i.imgur.com/8wAA2xN.png

SilentChaz
07-07-2014, 07:50 PM
some not-too-distracting BGM in there wouldn't hurt
Suggestions?

it would be nice to use the video button instead
I had no idea that button even existed until you mentioned it just now... LOL

Including a line to explain the feature shouldn't be a problem.
Let's just hope Matt is still willing to record stuff knowing that I'll be the one manipulating the audio...

you should **** with the quality of the picture instead of just blurring it a little
Here’s a fun idea for a little team-work:

http://i.imgur.com/EVWDQy9l.jpg
1280 x 720 image (http://i.imgur.com/EVWDQy9.jpg)

Take this image and give it the worst possible “Bad picture quality” makeover you can.
I’ll use the best-worst one in the final video. Open for all volunteers.

SuperLoliSentai
07-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Take this image and give it the worst possible “Bad picture quality” makeover you can.
I’ll use the best-worst one in the final video. Open for all volunteers.

http://i.imgur.com/2mufZf6.jpg
or
http://i.imgur.com/LS56bDc.jpg

I can make them look worse if you want, such as adding more grain but I thought these looked pretty good.

MADEVIL
07-07-2014, 08:31 PM
The VHS look isn't bad or do we want some form of a pixel effect which can also have many different levels. This is level 4

http://i.imgur.com/0F7nhNi.jpg

milleniummaster18
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/f6498b501d81930413b6feeee2683b9a/tumblr_n8cz5jvzkV1rtl8hpo1_1280.jpg

Mine's got a couple of more displays of bad quality: pixelation, excessive grain, and banding. All in relatively low amounts.

If the concept fits rather well, I'll do whatever fixes are necessary such as turning the mouth back to its original position, as I made the shoop originally for my own amusement.

Backmask
07-07-2014, 08:51 PM
****ty upscale
http://i.imgur.com/KoHb3OR.jpg
And ONE LIFE, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION
http://i.imgur.com/TJ3dI3D.png

N.P.C.C.
07-07-2014, 10:17 PM
I really hope at least one of you did it the 'ol fashioned way and ran the image through the editor a few times on the worst settings. Unless this is supposed to go the exaggerated route. I thought the humor was supposed to be in truth?

jinzo64
07-08-2014, 01:15 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/188/0/1/random_picture_by_jinzo64-d7popk8.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/188/0/0/random_picture_2_by_jinzo64-d7potfa.jpg
heres two that I've made.

Guthix
07-08-2014, 04:41 AM
i believe windows movie maker has gained a purpose [and when showing an example do it animated]

Shuiia
07-08-2014, 01:56 PM

that one frame of the cursor being visible when the stop sign appeared and Matt sounded cut off at one point. Otherwise nothing really to add.

http://i.imgur.com/TJ3dI3D.png

Did you do that by databending? If not you've GOT to teach me how to do that.

mattroks101
07-08-2014, 02:35 PM
I say use some BGM and you're golden. Just look for ****ty infomercial bgm and you should be set.

Backmask
07-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Did you do that by databending? If not you've GOT to teach me how to do that.

Just good ol' fashioned databending with .bmps and Wordpad.

mattroks101
07-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Ok, I got my lines from Chaz, and I'll be recording asap. Work's finally done so it won't be taking up any more of my time. At least until I get a new job.

IamJC
07-18-2014, 06:54 AM
thank you all! i will keep improving myself!!

sorry, i think my one is not as epic as i can post a thread.
thank you for detail information

wow, that tutorial for making AMV really helps,
i was extracting audio from Youtube,
now i know it is no good.

haha, your voice really suits for a tutorial video
thank you
you have shown my thread as a bad example lol

i dont know why i faling to embed it before,
ha, i will try !

SilentChaz
07-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Here’s what will hopefully be our final update:

http://youtu.be/QaG9A8NWxg8

http://tinyurl.com/mtsbbcp
http://youtu.be/QaG9A8NWxg8

Thanks for the input, peeps. And another big thanks once again to Mr. Roks for providing narration.

I guess it’s up to us now to share the video around when required.

thedarkmessenger
07-22-2014, 04:34 PM
I guess it’s up to us now to share the video around when required.
I'll prepare the popcorn!

Guthix
07-22-2014, 05:06 PM
i guess its too late to say that the steam version still looks better [and somewhat better humor]

The Real Inferno
07-26-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm going to bump this thread just to call it retarded.