Zarxrax
07-10-2014, 01:26 AM
This episode features country music.
Our winner for this round was Video 18 by MADEVIL!

Mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?x4v7j8pc6lqta1k
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/100364630

http://youtu.be/6sAOqCP0Wts

Credits:

Video 01
SilentChaz
Highschool of the Dead
Rodney Carrington - White Shirts & Rain

Video 02
MarkSoupial
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
Tom Walk and Russel Alan Pratt - Did Charlie Make A Monkey Out of You?

Video 03
CitizenRoman
Cowboy Bebop
Wilbur Witt - **** You Texas; George Bush Speech Sound Clip

Video 04
Arock
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Cornbread Red - Come Sail Away

Video 05
Ignus Cross
Inuyasha
Zac Brown Band - It's Not OK

Video 06
AMVParadox
Ouran Highschool Host Club
Steven Lynch - Country Love Song

Video 07
DXM
Red Line
Cledus T Judd - I love Nascar

Video 08
Buildlancer
Makai senki Disgaea
Johnny Cash - The ring of fire

Video 09
LawRayLiet
Future Diary
Jack Kittel - Psycho

Video 10
SuperLoliSentai
Fate/ Zero
Freddy B - She Only Bitches When She Breathes

Video 11
Hosokawa37
School Rumble
Dierks Bentley - Sideways

Video 12
jokercard5
School Rumble
Josh Turner - Your Man

Video 13
IceAngelYuki
Silver Spoon
Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Video 14
N.P.C.C.
Jem
Jem and The Holograms - I'm Taking A Train

Video 15
KaizaUrai
Trigun
Voltaire - All Women Are Crazy

Video 16
Jinzo64
to love ru
Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers - Islands in the Stream

Video 17
Rowan Lock
Lucky Star
Travis and Jonathan - Francis Titnut Jr. & Sr. Tell You You're Wrong

Video 18
MADEVIL
Beavis and Butthead Do America, Detroit Metal City
Pickin' On Series: The Bluegrass Tribute to Classic Rock: Volume Two - Rock & Roll All Nite (Bluegrass Tribute To Kiss)

IceAngelYuki
07-10-2014, 01:42 AM
I have to say that this one turned out a lot better than I was expecting it to.

CitizenRoman
07-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Either 1, 3, 7, 9, 10, or 18 for me, but overall pretty good episode.

Backmask
07-10-2014, 02:04 AM
7 would've been better if it had ended while the sponsors were being named off.
But that's just my two pesos.

SarcotarascusN
07-10-2014, 02:16 AM
Er...someone explain to me how Jem and the Holograms counts as country music?

LaserSexPanther
07-10-2014, 02:17 AM
because trains

SarcotarascusN
07-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Which makes Ozzie Osborne's "Crazy Train" also Country Music. Which it isn't.

TSBasilisk
07-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Well, technically it was a blandly cliched Western theme in the episode...

14 might have fit in if everyone made hate videos because "country music suxxorz". Since only two videos did that, and the other was pretty good at it, 14 sticks out like a sore thumb. Or middle finger.

I can appreciate sticking to your guns on the whole Jem thing, but compared to the decent videos it's kind of embarrassing.

LaserSexPanther
07-10-2014, 02:28 AM
but Ozzy does not wear a cowboy hat and tassels

TSBasilisk
07-10-2014, 02:30 AM
You just made me imagine that. Why did you do that?

Other than that, there were a few good ones in there, but several would have been better if they'd been trimmed a bit shorter, as with the idea of cutting off during the advertisements.

hosokawa37
07-10-2014, 02:34 AM
could have been better imo, but could have been worse. a couple did jump out at me, so I voted for one of them.

LaserSexPanther
07-10-2014, 02:35 AM
imagined Ozzy dress as a cowboy? Because that is a funny image. http://cdn.designcrowd.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/Pharrell-Hat/8.jpg

N.P.C.C.
07-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Guess I’ll do this in an alternate fashion and write these down as I watch for once. I’m just that nice.

1: It was ‘aight, but it feels lacking and seems like it ended without much of a punch. Dammit Chaz, what is it with you and the fetish for changing the iris color on niggas?
2: The editing is good, but it feels a tad forced when trying to establish connection with the lyrics.
3: Took a second to get going and really came off good. Started chuckling right at the first “**** you texas”. In my case I may have gotten that extra kick out of it from not knowing the song. It was pretty good.
4: Uh, what was I supposed to get out of this clip exactly? The quality is good and all but it just lacks in the rest of the aspects. (jokes, lip synching, ect.)
5: Considering how short tempered Koga is you could have found a more emotive scene for this joke. Him standing folding his arms before punching someone feels wasteful if you were going to go for that kind of joke.
6: No.,..Just no. Sloppy edits and just plain doesn’t work. Not just in the comedic sense if that was your intention.
7: Some clever editing there, lip synching is seriously lacking, but other than that, it was just okay for me.
8: Seriously, why is lip synching so hard for you people!? It doesn’t have to be perfect, just a second or so off to fool the eye. Aside from that, quality is lacking and I honestly wasn’t entertained or amused here. Just sub par execution IMHO.
P.S. Aspect Ratio dude…or chick…most likely dude.
9: That was pretty solid. Had to watch a second time as the editing is a tad on the hectic side, but a person can “get” it at least.
10: First, I can hear the audio cut at 4:05. Now that I got that out of the way, This was a solid enough effort. The overall symmetry between the audio and the clip might be noticeably off, however it was still funny enough so good job.
11: *Shrugs* Just didn’t do it for me.
12: Drags on a bit and I don’t think the pay off was worth it in the end. Also, what’s with the quality?
13: I don’t think I get what you were going for. Didn’t seem like it really went anywhere after three re watches.
14: The Pink Haired god-….is most displeased. We must sacrifice one of our many virgins! Woah...There's an outrageous **** up here.
15: Another thing where I see little to no real connection between song and lyrics. It takes me out of this more than the lack of lip synching could.
16: *Sigh* If this one wins just because **** you all.
17: First, using ****ty star is a death sentence here. Second, using any of that dance sequence will get you the chair. Now, trying to be objective, I guess it was alright as far as ****ty star clips go. The clip as a whole is solid.
18: It’s good. However, why not mask the show on Bevis and butthead’s tv? It seems on the lazy side as is. Bonus points for balancing out the audio appropriately though.

LaserSexPanther
07-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Guess I should have used my other one

IceAngelYuki
07-10-2014, 03:15 AM
Hmm, I have no idea why, but I feel like one of my other two may have been a better choice, but there is nothing I can do now...

urahara1001
07-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Better challenge than I expected, but overall it was still very meh for me. There were a few good ones in here, surrounded by a majority of mediocrity, mostly due to a LOT of lip syncing problems. I don't think there were any total failures though, so I can't complain too much.

I've got to cast my vote to 10. I kept trying to come up with a useable angle for this song, and you found it. Well played, good sir.

Marxist
07-10-2014, 03:41 AM
08: Johnny Cash is wasted on that overrated load of **** called Disgaea.

10: The hell was that?

Went with #3 mostly because of True Capitalist Radio memories.

And N.P.C.C., you're really kind of stuck-up...

N.P.C.C.
07-10-2014, 03:46 AM
And N.P.C.C., you're really kind of stuck-up...

I want you to hold this thought for when "OutrageousChaz" gets up in this bitch. Till then, be silent.

SirLoinofBeef
07-10-2014, 03:56 AM
1) Got a good laugh. Wasn't expecting the Woody.

3) Should started the clip before the "**** you"s started to have a stronger impact.

6) Again, too long before the punchline. Needs the first half cut out.

7) Should have ended after the sponsor name dropping.

9) Well...... this was quite morbid. Almost like an AMV Hell 0 clip.

10) Second half should have been cut out. Also surprisingly morbid.

14) I think this joke stopped being funny about 6 months ago.

16) Goddammit Japan....

18) Took the words right out of my mouth. :p

hosokawa37
07-10-2014, 04:37 AM
16) Goddammit Japan....

whats funny is that unless that was from To Love-Ru Darkness, that anime in America is only rated 14+, which actually surprises me considering how ecchi the manga is lol

milleniummaster18
07-10-2014, 05:34 AM
At first there were a lot of entries in candidacy status.

Then, they were narrowed down to 1, 2, 10, and 16.

16 was out due to subpar video quality, then we were left with 1, 2, and 10.

I think it doesn't come as a surprise that I found 10 as the funniest, so that one got my vote.

Oh, and 14:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

DEnM
07-10-2014, 06:07 AM
We've reached a point where the Jen thing isn't even funny anymore. Yeah sure, "Jumping on the hate bandwagon or whatever", but that was just kind of lazy. That had no country music. It was pretty much a "**** you" to all the people that complain about it (such as myself). Get a new joke, seriously.

MarkSoupial
07-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Oh, and 14:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmUsdBxE6o

N.P.C.C.
07-10-2014, 06:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmUsdBxE6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bqa2Y5REQQ

Oh, in regards to the complaints, that Jem clip follows the rules and was actually country music.

Proof?

Go to 11:00

http://youtu.be/lJvBVCWnq6Y?t=11m21s

CitizenRoman
07-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Oh, in regards to the complaints, that Jem clip follows the rules and was actually country music.

Go to 11:00

http://youtu.be/lJvBVCWnq6Y?t=11m21s
and it doesn't require a country vocal accent in it

tanis_lionheart
07-10-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm glad this did so well.

Maybe that means genera based one will do better.

Guthix
07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
minins chalenge 25 **** da police
make stupid rules and see how creatively people break them, since they seem so eager

PrinnyCat
07-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Only ones I liked were 1,3,7,9,10,17 and 18. Still not a bad challenge this time around
Hopefully there are no Jem dubstep songs, otherwise I'm guessing it will be back next challenge
Wish I had actually made my clip idea, even though it wasn't something that could be seen as funny (which is why I didn't make it)

08: Johnny Cash is wasted on that overrated load of **** called Disgaea.
http://nisamerica.com/images/funnyface.jpg

SilentChaz
07-10-2014, 11:10 AM

could have been better imo, but could have been worse. a couple did jump out at me, so I voted for one of them.

there were a few good ones in there, but several would have been better if they'd been trimmed a bit shorter
Could you be any less informative?
What entries jumped out? What entries sucked? How would you suggest they be improved? Be specific.

Don’t just tease your opinions like this. Spill them.

Maybe that means genera based one will do better.Wat

you're really kind of stuck-up...
Hold this thought for when "OutrageousChaz" gets up in this bitch.
Stay tuned…

IceAngelYuki
07-10-2014, 05:30 PM
To answer SilentChaz's question, yes I could have been way less informative, I could not have posted at all. But in all actuality, I could elaborate a bit on that one. With that being said, the ones that actually liked and got a laugh or slight chuckle out of me were 6, 10, 13, 15, 16
The ones that I didn't really like all too much were 14, and 18 Reason being, I am totally sick of seeing Jem videos and I just don't like the humor in Beavus and Butthead.
The rest were alright and I didn't really have much of an opinion on them... 7 could have been better if it were cut shorter....

urahara1001
07-10-2014, 07:40 PM
... I am totally sick of seeing Jem videos ...

To quote the clip:

Sehctib Pots Tnow Suoegartuo Eht

Antonio Black
07-10-2014, 10:27 PM
The AMV Minis needs more JEM.

NodMan
07-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Voted 1 however 18 was pretty creative lol.

Sir Fluffykins
07-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Turned out better than I expected, the only bad one was the Jem clip (it went on for ages and except for the ending part there wasn't much changed).

Not sure which one to vote for, the lip sync was terrible on nearly all the clips ;P

DXM
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Okay I have a question: how is lip sync an is an issue one the clips that didn't have anyone singing the song?

FrustratedRocka
07-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I can't be the only one who'd like to see a musical theater challenge.

DXM
07-11-2014, 03:41 PM
I can't be the only one who'd like to see a musical theater challenge.

Dibs on spider man!

IceAngelYuki
07-11-2014, 05:38 PM
I can't be the only one who'd like to see a musical theater challenge.Actually, that sounds kind of interesting.... I would be willing to try that. I am not in the least bit interested in the challenge 23 though...

DXM
07-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Actually, that sounds kind of interesting.... I would be willing to try that. I am not in the least bit interested in the challenge 23 though...

yeah this is have the makings of the Fox challenge :(

IceAngelYuki
07-12-2014, 01:33 AM
yeah this is have the makings of the Fox challenge :(I wasn't around for that one, but I watched the video and I wasn't amused... That was horrible, but I have to say that Haar's video is the one I would have picked... That was the winner too....

DXM
07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I wasn't around for that one, but I watched the video and I wasn't amused... That was horrible, but I have to say that Haar's video is the one I would have picked... That was the winner too....

I did the Metal Gear one on that.

violet555555555
07-13-2014, 04:42 AM

I have to agree. This one was actually pretty good. It was enjoyable and had some pretty funny videos.

Well, technically it was a blandly cliched Western theme in the episode...

14 might have fit in if everyone made hate videos because "country music suxxorz". Since only two videos did that, and the other was pretty good at it, 14 sticks out like a sore thumb. Or middle finger.

I can appreciate sticking to your guns on the whole Jem thing, but compared to the decent videos it's kind of embarrassing.

Awwww, but doesn't AMV Hell Minis feel so empty without at least one Jem video? What would we do without Jem? (Ex: Party, celebrate, drink, eat, rejoice, create world piece (One Piece, to be exact), stop starvation, brainwash lazy people, eliminate homelessness and joblessness, fix world governments, travel the amazon, create the perfect meal, invent teleportation, have overall elation and happiness, burn tofu...shall I go on?)

Buildlancer
07-13-2014, 10:52 PM
people stop having such high expectations for me ok im on a **** laptop and it can barely handle my video editing program so lip synching is out of the question when it takes an Hour and a half to render a 30 sec vid at 720p.

PS. im not gon say which vid is mine this time either. though im sure you all know by now just by reading the comments.

Haar
07-13-2014, 10:57 PM
people stop having such high expectations for me ok im on a **** laptop and it can barely handle my video editing program so lip synching is out of the question when it takes an Hour and a half to render a 30 sec vid at 720p.

PS. im not gon say which vid is mine this time either. though im sure you all know by now just by reading the comments.

If your computer is having problems with editing HD footage you can always do Proxy Editing (http://www.g-raffa.eu/Cinelerra/HOWTO/proxy_editing.html)

IceAngelYuki
07-14-2014, 12:12 AM
I did the Metal Gear one on that.Is that so... I have no idea what I would have done for that one, but whatever it would have been probably wouldn't have made it any better...

Fendo
07-14-2014, 04:29 AM
never notice before that Saeko change her eye color from blue to red to green, that was wierd xD

Madcap
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I really liked 3,7,9, and 18.
9 got my vote, but the others were pretty damn good, too.
14 is bad.

SilentChaz
07-14-2014, 09:08 PM
the ones that got a laugh or slight chuckle out of me were 6, 10, 13, 15, 16
Now there’s a genuine surprise. And here I thought you were a prude…

I did the Metal Gear one
…I think the sister can read the credits herself, DXM.

people stop having such high expectations for me ok
You’re aware that the entrants’ names are currently hidden and yet you still say this. You’re a funny chap.
Stop blaming your tools. If you’re having trouble lip-syncing or whatnot, get over yourself and ask for help.

Here’s why N.P.C.C. (and everybody else) thinks so highly of me, Marxist. And I’m feeling super stuck-up today:

03 – Bebop and Rocksteady – Editing is nice enough, I just didn’t find this one particularly funny.

Andy appeared to be the main speaker at the start of the clip, but at 1:01 Spike takes over. This kind of struck me as a little off.
Not a bad entry.

04 – Sailing nowhere – See signature point (2). Utterly pointless entry.

05 – Pawnch – Despite being such a short clip you sure did a terrible editing job here.

That cut to Inuyasha was poorly timed and you should have stopped him from lip-flapping, because right now it looks like the two characters are singing the same song.
That cut to the punch comes completely out of nowhere, there’s no anticipation and no impact. Essentially- you took the punch out of the punch.
We barely even hear the “-in the face” line before the clip abruptly ends. Leave half a second for the transition frame to come in next time.

Clearly a rush-job. No care or effort. Terrible entry.

06 – Broken like the wind – Some very shoddy editing here too.

They’re hugging one moment- then not- then hugging again- then not… the continuity of this clip is a mess.
There were some odd frames here and there (like the back of the head at 2:09) which you should have cut out, and what was up with that random nod at 2:15? If you don’t know how to freeze a frame then you should be asking for help.

Very amateur. Bad entry.

07 – Nazkar – You seriously needed to truncate that advertisers section of the song (or better yet- cut it out completely), it wrecked the whole entry.
Watch out for the cut to black at the end. That’s ugly.

08 – You’re fired – See signature points (1) and (2).

Video quality this bad is inexcusable. No synergy. No joke or punchline. Really poor stuff.

10 – Misogyny! – “Morbid” is one word to describe this, “despicable” is a better one. So needless to say- I like this entry.

I can’t say I notice any significant audio problems at 4:05, it sounds fine. That original animation at 4:13 however… doesn’t do it for me. It actually spoils the clip a bit. Sorry, Boss.

Please don’t fade out the audio and video at the end like that.
I’m going to have to add this as a fourth point to my signature, aren’t I?

12 – School fumble – <sigh> Where do I begin…

The dodgy video quality could be forgiven, but the execution of this entry is just awful.

Harima takes the role of the singer in the song’s narrative, that much is clear- but we don’t know who he’s singing to, we don’t even know that there is another person until the very end. For all we know he’s about to molest the door or something.

There’s that shot of Harima where the camera suddenly starts to pan down for no reason at 4:41. Just hold the frame. Honestly. I can fix things like this in crappy, free software like avidemux for christsake.

We see him with his clothes on in one shot, and then suddenly they’re off in the next… what the hell happened?

What was the purpose of that cricket chirping sound effect? The normal thing to do in these situations is to leave a silent beat before the punchline; using cricket chirps for barely a second like this just doesn’t make sense.

What’s she screaming for anyway? Was it something she saw? Well, it probably wasn’t Harima, because we didn’t see or even hear him opening the door. Way too much is left to the viewer’s imagination.

If you had replaced the cricket chirps with the sound of a creaky door opening- the clip might have worked, but as it currently is- the whole thing is a build up to a punchline that falls flat on its face like a Whomp.

This entry fails in practically every category. Terrible.

14 – You need more training – How original. How timely.

Leave the troll entries to Adzman, Haar and OutrageousChaz, please. The rest of you suck at it. Especially the ass-clown who made this entry.

15 – Try gun – Watch out for the flickering at the top and the bottom of the picture. That was kind of distracting. The 6:16 – 6:26 section had no synergy, was there really no other footage you could have used to fill that part better?

Not a terrible entry, just didn’t tickle me.

16 – I don’t love ru – Could you have cropped the picture any more suggestably for the shot at 6:47? Blimey…

A show this recent really shouldn’t have been that difficult to find decent footage for, but this entry looks like it was made using a 640x360 video source. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that you acquired it through the real-player video downloader.

Lazy entry. Bad.

17 – Restarded – See N.P.C.C.’s post (http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?28744-AMV-Minis-Challenge-22-WATCH-amp-VOTE!&p=535432#post535432). I’m so sick of seeing that dance from the OP.

Admittedly- there is some synergy going on here. The punchline is weak however.

18 – DMC v B&B – Did this clip really require a full 40 seconds to make an ambiguous, non-joke like this?

The clip should have ended after Beavis said “Yeah, it really sucks!” That would have functioned as a punchline at least. Why cut back to DMC again only to have the clip peter-out like that?

What sucks exactly? Detroit Metal City? Country music? Country x rock covers? AMVs? This AMV challenge? This entry? All of the above?

Well, whatever comment this clip is supposed to be making, the result is the same- this is a lazy and uncreative AMV.

And what a surprise(!) It’s the entry getting the most love in the youtube comments.

http://i.imgur.com/ezx7S0g.jpg

<sigh>

Faith in humanity fading… fading… fading…

Dud round.

03 and 10 aren’t bad, but they’re hardly “best-of” material.
05, 08, 12, 14 and 16 however are solid “worst-of” material.

Some of you really need to spend more time on your entries and iron out the obvious creases before submitting.

The entry period is four weeks, and we’re not even doing two challenges a month anymore. Use that time for refinement.

N.P.C.C.
07-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Are you...are you pouting in your avatar now?

Also, search the song chaz, if the first chorus was kept, there was a cut there. t may be on the OCD side, but i did notice.

urahara1001
07-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Aaaaaahhhhh.... now there's the Chaz fix I've been needing. And don't despair, my glorious flowing pink-haired friend; it's a tough job, but someone has to be better than everyone else.

glory of llama
07-15-2014, 02:44 AM
holy **** 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

IceAngelYuki
07-15-2014, 03:16 AM

PS. im not gon say which vid is mine this time either. though im sure you all know by now just by reading the comments.Let me give you a word of advice, if you are having problems with lip syncing then just asked somebody for help. That is what I did. Believe it or not, there are people on here who will help. You just need to ask. Granted, I haven't made anything I am happy with just yet with my lip syncing efforts, but I am still trying and believe I will get what I desire eventually...

Now there’s a genuine surprise. And here I thought you were a prude…Were those really that much of a surprise? Now, I may regret asking this later, but oh well. What exactly made you think I was a prude?

SuperLoliSentai
07-15-2014, 06:12 AM
10 – Misogyny! – “Morbid” is one word to describe this, “despicable” is a better one. So needless to say- I like this entry.

I stopped reading right here so I didn't see any of your criticism! LALALALA Can't hear you LALALALA!

Let me give you a word of advice, if you are having problems with lip syncing then just asked somebody for help. That is what I did. Believe it or not, there are people on here who will help. You just need to ask. Granted, I haven't made anything I am happy with just yet with my lip syncing efforts, but I am still trying and believe I will get what I desire eventually...

If you are looking for a place to practice your editing abilities without really being judged to various shows then may I suggest looking into the AMV Hell Tennis Thread? You should really consider joining, my good sir. Just look at all the happy faces!

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/facestabber34/thetennisteam-8.png

urahara1001
07-15-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm almost tempted to jump in on that now just to see an additional drawing done.

SuperLoliSentai
07-15-2014, 06:19 AM
I'm almost tempted to jump in on that now just to see an additional drawing done.

Do you want large or small tits?

Sir Fluffykins
07-15-2014, 06:30 AM
I notice SilentChaz's avatar looking more upset each challenge XD

urahara1001
07-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Well, I'd actually need to get time to make a clip first. To give you an idea of what I like though, my fiancee is a 38D.

jinzo64
07-15-2014, 11:43 AM
If you are looking for a place to practice your editing abilities without really being judged to various shows then may I suggest looking into the AMV Hell Tennis Thread? You should really consider joining, my good sir. Just look at all the happy faces!

Can you turn me in to girl as well please.

noticed that I am the only guy in the picture now I'm totally jealous :3

Raolin Darkbane
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM

What's the videothreshhold, to get onto this picture?^^

PrinnyCat
07-15-2014, 01:26 PM
I sort of don't know if I want an interpretive stick man version of myself or not. Never tried the Tennis thread as never read the rules fully

urahara1001
07-15-2014, 04:32 PM

Oh, so you are. I thought I just saw little mosquitto bite tits on there, but now that I look closer, I see the penis.

thedarkmessenger
07-15-2014, 06:27 PM

Seeing as how I've only ever done 8 this whole time, I'm guessing pretty small :p

SuperLoliSentai
07-15-2014, 07:11 PM
I sort of don't know if I want an interpretive stick man version of myself or not. Never tried the Tennis thread as never read the rules fully

Join us, my lady, it is your destiny! It would even be a penguin version of you with a penis. Also, the rules aren't hard. You call a clip and then within 3 hours you make said clip using the same audio or video of the previous clip in the thread.

But you are special, Jinzo. Don't you want to be unique? If you really want I can change you to a female but you must think of the consequences of your decision!

I need to add a few people I think. Also, what is your avatar? Is it a claw, a horn or something else?

Raolin Darkbane
07-15-2014, 08:44 PM
I need to add a few people I think. Also, what is your avatar? Is it a claw, a horn or something else?

It's the Dragon's Fang, from the Wheel of Time series.
WoT-Wiki-Link (http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Fang)
I concede that it doesn't lend itself well to a stickfigure drawing.^^

jinzo64
07-15-2014, 09:13 PM
We all know I'm special loli :3 so Yes I would like you changed so that I am a girl.
thank you X

Odin
07-15-2014, 11:44 PM
1, solely because of ****ing Woody. XD

Buildlancer
07-18-2014, 02:09 AM
You’re aware that the entrants’ names are currently hidden and yet you still say this. You’re a funny chap.
Stop blaming your tools. If you’re having trouble lip-syncing or whatnot, get over yourself and ask for help.

i can lip-sync fine but lets see you make a great clip with spot on lip-syincing with a 2 year old Hp 2000 laptop running max memory and on an external harddrive almost filled. and dont say get a new computer or laptop if i had the money i would but i dont even got money to get any good video editing programs not to mention Movie maker lags to much on this thing. so as i said before i would do lip-syncing if the process didnt take almost 2 hours for me to render a freaking 30 sec clip which slows my laptop to do nothing else and i need to turn it off after its done rendering in order to keep it running fine otherwise it will run slow for hours.

Haar
07-18-2014, 02:53 AM
i can lip-sync fine but lets see you make a great clip with spot on lip-syincing with a 2 year old Hp 2000 laptop running max memory and on an external harddrive almost filled. and dont say get a new computer or laptop if i had the money i would but i dont even got money to get any good video editing programs not to mention Movie maker lags to much on this thing. so as i said before i would do lip-syncing if the process didnt take almost 2 hours for me to render a freaking 30 sec clip which slows my laptop to do nothing else and i need to turn it off after its done rendering in order to keep it running fine otherwise it will run slow for hours.

Once again, proxy editing would fix that. Regarding expensive programs, you can just download those, like you would an anime. Also, I use a 200 dollar Walmart computer that I purchased 3 years ago to produce everything you've seen me produce in the last 3 years. Just saying.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
07-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Lip-Synch is fairly easy, really.
Definitely can get a little tricky depending
on how much motion is involved.

For example (https://db.tt/YvAyrvVk).

Buildlancer
07-19-2014, 04:22 AM
Once again, proxy editing would fix that. Regarding expensive programs, you can just download those, like you would an anime. Also, I use a 200 dollar Walmart computer that I purchased 3 years ago to produce everything you've seen me produce in the last 3 years. Just saying.
As i have said running on Full memory and my external hard drive is almost full as well. My laptop only has a 500gb hard drive and 4gb ram. Im using my phone to post here cause it takes to long for my laptop to load chrome and i only get.on YouTube to check the challenges.

MarkSoupial
07-19-2014, 06:33 AM
This was made in 2000. We're talking pre-XP tech here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPtFxvtfH9I

HellsDeathAngel
07-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Maybe #18 need more pink and needs to be more outrageous for SilentChaz so he will not cry.

http://i.imgur.com/SGl36A3.png

N.P.C.C.
07-21-2014, 04:48 AM
^Why give butthead Stormer's look?

Buildlancer
07-21-2014, 06:37 AM
Ok i figured yall were right and i was making excuses. So i uninstalled all the games.and removed all unnecessary videos and programs and now my laptop is almost running like new again. Sorry being being an idiot and immature. But i still got slow internet so ill still post stuff with my phone, and my editing did improve a littpe and was able to do some proer lip-syncing on my next entry for the next challenge.

SuperLoliSentai
07-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Ok i figured yall were right and i was making excuses. So i uninstalled all the games.and removed all unnecessary videos and programs and now my laptop is almost running like new again. Sorry being being an idiot and immature. But i still got slow internet so ill still post stuff with my phone, and my editing did improve a littpe and was able to do some proer lip-syncing on my next entry for the next challenge.

Hmmmm... I like this. We aren't picky people here at AMV Hell. We understand limitations and the difficulties that they bring. All we ask for is progress.

urahara1001
07-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Assuming you're running Windows, it might also help if you do an msconfig clean up. If you don't know what that is, go to your Run bar and type "msconfig", no quotes (make a checkpoint first just in case you **** something up). It'll pull up a window with several tabs. Before continuing, remember to be very careful here, as a wrong move could make the system not run correctly. The two tabs you'll be concerned with are Services and Startup. When you open them, you'll see a long list with a check box next to each item. These are all the programs and utilities your computer opens when it starts, and a good chunk of them are unnecessary.

Under Services, you should see a check box to hide all Microsoft Services. Generally, anything left on the list is usually okay to uncheck, meaning it won't destabilize your computer. Still go through and make sure of what you're cutting off.

Under Startup, there's no short cut, so you're stuck just going through the list and looking at the description to see if you recognize the program. Adobe ****, Google update, these are things you can and should shut off. Even stuff like Steam is okay; it won't prevent it from being started on your computer, it just means that it won't be auto loaded when you start up. Check the description and the file path columns for anything you don't recognize to see if you can figure out what it does. If you don't know what the program is, don't uncheck it.

When you're done, restart. You'll get a box when you boot back up letting you know you made changes. Tell it not to show the box again and close it. If you closed out enough things, you should see an improvement in available RAM and in start up time. You may have to play around with it a bit before you figure out what you can and cannot close out.

HellsDeathAngel
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
^Why give butthead Stormer's look?

1. I don't know the characters.
2. My image editing skills are limited, so it was the easiest color I could do without messing up the hair badly.

N.P.C.C.
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
It was still hilarious. It's just my fandom talking when i brought that up.

*Saves Picture*

Zarxrax
07-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Congrats to MADEVIL for a solid victory with his Video #18!

SuperLoliSentai
07-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Took you long enough, Mad! And congratulations.

CitizenRoman
07-23-2014, 10:58 PM
noice win MAD! :party:

Madcap
07-24-2014, 03:13 AM
GJ on the win, MAD.
even though I'm pretty sure you only won because you implemented Beavis & Butthead.

PrinnyCat
07-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Congrats!

SilentChaz
07-24-2014, 08:45 AM
<sigh>

Faith in humanity on life support…

http://i.imgur.com/xt2wRuA.jpg

Alright, I’ve updated the credits, but I’d like to the know the real name of the individual who submitted entry 14, please.

N.P.C.C. is better than this… I know he is… he… he has to be… <sniffle>

Sir Fluffykins
07-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Did 18 win because of Beavis & Butthead? Because it wasn't much of a clip.

Sorry MAD, grats on the victory still

N.P.C.C.
07-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I can't believe Mad went this long without taking one now that i notice. Congrats man.

<sigh>

Faith in humanity on life support…

http://i.imgur.com/xt2wRuA.jpg

Alright, I’ve updated the credits, but I’d like to the know the real name of the individual who submitted entry 14, please.

N.P.C.C. is better than this… I know he is… he… he has to be… <sniffle>

Don't be naive. The primary goal of the video is obviously to **** with people and not make them laugh/ "show off teh editing skillz". All bets were off there, and that shows with the screamer. (or laughter?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Which reminds me, thanks again urahara for your help.

SilentChaz
07-24-2014, 01:38 PM
You're testing my love here, N.P.C.C.

thanks again urahara
...I'm so confused and conflicted...

<entering silent mode>

N.P.C.C.
07-24-2014, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvfJKZFGtfw

SuperLoliSentai
07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
So this is the part of the romantic comedy where the couple hits a rocky spot and the movie gets all serious? I ****ing hate the romantic comedy formula!

MADEVIL
07-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Well it is nice to win, even though I now feel dirty like Haar with the Fox Challenge.

18: It’s good. However, why not mask the show on Bevis and butthead’s tv? It seems on the lazy side as is. Bonus points for balancing out the audio appropriately though.

My first idea was to do that but the reason I didn't was all the footage was of low quality and there was a episode where they watched a KISS video that I was working with but again quality was the issue so it was scrapped.

Did 18 win because of Beavis & Butthead? Because it wasn't much of a clip.

Sorry MAD, grats on the victory still

It wasn't suppose to be much of a clip and Beavis & Butthead did make it win. We all know this wasn't a favorite idea with editors since it seemed most were not country music fans, even the viewers were not happy with the idea. I threw something simple together feeding off the general feeling for idea that it was going to be bad, I give credit to my fellow editors for trying to make this work much like the Fox Challenge. There were a good number of well edited clips, few were funny and other seemed like a clip ripped out of a traditional AMV.

Now can we please get a clean up crew for Chaz's tears and maybe setup some therapy for him.

Now on to the final piece of business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ItwfEVw4Q&feature=youtu.be

SuperLoliSentai
07-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Pandering to the the scum of this world and then feeding off the hate for a genre of music? Well played my friend, well played....

http://i.imgur.com/AcbcDqB.jpg

urahara1001
07-24-2014, 05:50 PM
thanks again urahara

...I'm so confused and conflicted...

<entering silent mode>

Never fear; all I did was loan out my photoshop skillz for the demonified Jem at the end:

http://i.imgur.com/XXRMh8z.png

jinzo64
07-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Awesome 6 votes, best score yet.

milleniummaster18
07-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Congrats for that win, mate.

I have to say, though: the outcome of this challenge, though not unexpected, is a goddamn disappointment. Kind of fits with the average comedic factor of all the clips in this challenge, but still... *that* one had to win? The one where the work of being "funny" is left entirely to the raw source material (Beavis & Butthead)? I feel cheated, and somewhat glad I didn't end up participating in this one.

I hope we don't get to see this kind of **** frequently.

DXM
07-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Third place.... not bad