animemental1
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, since somebody already made a thread like this for Hell 4, I thought it would be fitting to do the same for Hell 5. Basically, if there is any inside jokes about a clip in Hell 5, post it in this thread. I'll start...

Kasimasi/If I Were a Girl: The reason why the joke's funny is because the anime's about a boy who gets hit by an alien UFO and the aliens try to repair his brain, accidentally changing his gender to female. Hence, a good joke.

Yu-Gi-Oh!/CSI: Miami & K-On!/Won't Get Fooled Again: For those who don't watch the show (I don't either), Won't Get Fooled Again is the theme for CSI: Miami.

Interstella 5555/Daft Punk is Playing at My House: Not only is that a cameo of Daft Punk in the clip, but the French duo also directed the movie, plus the movie's audio consists only of Daft Punk songs from the album Discovery.

synbad2
12-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Excel Saga/Living dead girl <-- I think is funny because Hyatt continually dies but comes back to life in the anime (it is a great reference)

Matey
12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
the unicorn stuff with the "always" song. which is the theme song of a creepy iphone game about unicorns (my friends have tortured me with that song, though ive never played the game)

Chewi105
12-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Deathnote/ Princess and the frog: Light actually has friends on the other side, the shinagamis

Dblitzer
12-04-2010, 11:38 PM
the unicorn stuff with the "always" song. which is the theme song of a creepy iphone game about unicorns (my friends have tortured me with that song, though ive never played the game)

It's not a game about unicorns, it's a game about a Robot Unicorn, duh P:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/harmony-harmony-robot-unicorn-attack

animemental1
12-05-2010, 01:22 AM
In the opening for AMV Hell 5 (Dio - Tenacious D), the character that appears multiple times is Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure (shown below).

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/GreenFighter_2006/DioBrando.jpg

Also, Dio's first name is derived from the heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio, (the one who the song is actually about).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/ronniediophoto.jpg

XelaisPWN
12-05-2010, 01:35 AM
In case you don't follow metal music, Ronnie James Dio passed away shortly before AMV Hell 5 was finished, which is why it's dedicated to him and that clip was made. ;_;

animemental1
12-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Yes, it was a sad day for all of us metalheads.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Dr. Who Season 5 Theme: Both are about time traveling. Doctor Who is a British show about a time traveling man called "The Doctor". The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is about a high school girl who gains the power of time traveling and uses it to fix problems.

Chobits/G. I. Joe PSA15: For those who haven't watched the show, Chobits takes place in a world where there are companies that build computers that take the form of women. The girl in the clip happens to be one of them. Also, the guy in the clip (who happens to be the main protagonist of the show) doesn't know anything about computers, which is why the audio fits.

Backmask
12-05-2010, 02:16 AM
One Piece/ Sweet Transvestite: The song was sung by Dr Frank-n-Furter, the main antagonist, from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, who is a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Translvania (Transexual is his home planet and Translvania is the galaxy.)
This picture will explain the rest.

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dr-frank-n-furter-totally-looks-like-emporio-ivankov.jpg

Malev
12-05-2010, 04:19 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/pwhp67/Misc/TV/fouadfamguy.png

DBZ/Boondocks : "HA! It's funny because Ginyu's power is to change bodies with people, therefore forcing Goku to be something he's not."

Rozen Maiden/Master of Puppets : "HA! It's funny because he has all these animated dolls in his house which are like puppets and he's sorta in charge of them like a father figure."

Cromartie High School/Are You Ready For Freddy : "HA! It's funny because the shirtless man behind the door's name is Freddy like Freddy Krueger in the song and both are scary in different ways."

Yu Yu Hakusho/Can't Beat Airman : "HA! It's funny because Jin contols wind and stuff and Yusuke had trouble defeating him."

Pokemon/Jessie's Girl : "HA! It's funny because that man crossdresses like a lady and is partnered with a woman named Jessie."

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei/Somebody's Watching Me : "HA! It's funny because the girl is a stalker and follows her teacher all the time."

R.O.D: Read or Die/Read a Book : "HA! It's funny because she really likes reading."

Ranma 1/2/Around the World : "HA! It's funny because that guy has a horrible sense of direction and travels for miles on end even if he's trying to go somewhere close by."

Porco Rosso/Talespin Theme : "HA! It's funny because they are both animal people flying planes."

Astro Fighter Sunred/Dayman : "HA! It's funny because that guy has like powers and named Sunred and Sun is like Day but he's sorta oft-kilter just like the show the song is from."

Dragon Ball/Mr. Tambourine Man : "HA! It's funny because that monster's name is Tambourine."

Death Note/Rebel L : "HA! It's funny because his name is L and he gets on that guy's nerves sometimes."

Chewi105
12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
In the opening for AMV Hell 5 (Dio - Tenacious D), the character that appears multiple times is Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure (shown below).

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/GreenFighter_2006/DioBrando.jpg

Also, Dio's first name is derived from the heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio, (the one who the song is actually about).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/ronniediophoto.jpg

plus the girl singing the song in the amv is Mio from K-on

animemental1
12-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Cromartie High School/Are You Ready For Freddy : "HA! It's funny because the shirtless man behind the door's name is Freddy like Freddy Krueger in the song and both are scary in different ways."

Don't you mean Freddy Mercury from Queen?

Autochron
12-11-2010, 01:47 PM
GANTZ/Singing in the Rain: This is based on the movie "A Clockwork Orange" (1971), where the main character and his droogs (friends) go around beating the crap out of older people with their canes, one of whom is a homeless old man. In another rape/assault scene, Alex sings "Singing in the Rain"; it also serves as the background for the closing credits.

Chewi105
12-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Chobits/G.I. Joe: HA! Its funny because the girl is actually a "computer", if you will

Jasonbobdude
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Dr. Who Season 5 Theme: Both are about time traveling. Doctor Who is a British show about a time traveling man called "The Doctor". The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is about a high school girl who gains the power of time traveling and uses it to fix problems.

One thing I still didn't get about the clip - is there a reason why the TARDIS is a walnut?

Chewi105
12-16-2010, 09:33 PM
it the time thingy

XelaisPWN
12-16-2010, 10:11 PM
...yes. it's the time thingy. xD

What chewi means by this is that it's how she gains her power to leap through time.

With a walnut.

...go with it. >.>;

TnAdct1
01-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Adding a few to the list:

Ponyo/Taken: A nod to how Ponyo's father in the dub version is played by Liam Neeson, who in Taken, plays a former agent who's trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter.

Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Don't Stop Believing: The few seconds of black at the end is a spoof of the final episode of the Sopranos, which ends with a shot of black after a scene where Don't Stop Believing is played in the background.

animemental1
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Anyone else notice this? AMV Hell 5 had clips using Beatles songs. And a lot too.

Berserk - Mr. Moonlight
Paranoia Agent - Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
DBZ - Yesterday
Code Geass - Her Majesty
Azumanga Daioh - I'm Only Sleeping

Maybe it was a birthday gift to John Lennon.

XelaisPWN
01-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Didn't AMV Hell 4 have I'm Looking Through You? O.o

EDIT: Also- Maxwell's Silver Hammer. :P

animemental1
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Oh...didn't notice that...

Chrano
02-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Soul Eater/Double Trouble (Team Rocket): Blair (magical Cat) gets to speak the part of Meowth

AKALink
02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Lucky Star/Hayden Surprise symphony. Hayden found that his audience would often fall asleep partway through his symphonies so he decided to created the most soothing melody that would lull his audience to sleep. After a few repeats of the melody he added a loud "accented" note that would wake up the audience to great surprise. In the clip tsukasa is lulled to sleep by Hayden's muisc to be "surprised" by the previously mentioned note.

Ronic
03-18-2011, 06:59 AM
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 / Rock This Town

AMV Hell: Making fun of natural disasters before they happen.

Guthix
03-18-2011, 12:10 PM
continuing on the betless if i recall correctly there was one in the 0 series "come to togeather,right now..."

EvilestDeath
03-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Is there anyone who will list an inside joke that is not painfully obvious?

lol, Halo (Halo,Evangelion,Dokuro Chan) Because everyone thinks Halo is a pretty cool guy, theres a OMGWTFBBQ HALO over the Eva's head and the angels in Bludgeoning Angel have (Get ready for it) HALOS!!!1!11!!ONE!!!

Fricken too easy

Lucky Star/Hayden Surprise symphony. Hayden found that his audience would often fall asleep partway through his symphonies so he decided to created the most soothing melody that would lull his audience to sleep. After a few repeats of the melody he added a loud "accented" note that would wake up the audience to great surprise. In the clip tsukasa is lulled to sleep by Hayden's muisc to be "surprised" by the previously mentioned note.
This guy is doing it right. ^

EvilestDeath
03-18-2011, 12:57 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/pwhp67/Misc/TV/fouadfamguy.png

DBZ/Boondocks : "HA! It's funny because Ginyu's power is to change bodies with people, therefore forcing Goku to be something he's not."

Rozen Maiden/Master of Puppets : "HA! It's funny because he has all these animated dolls in his house which are like puppets and he's sorta in charge of them like a father figure."

Yu Yu Hakusho/Can't Beat Airman : "HA! It's funny because Jin contols wind and stuff and Yusuke had trouble defeating him."

Pokemon/Jessie's Girl : "HA! It's funny because that man crossdresses like a lady and is partnered with a woman named Jessie."

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei/Somebody's Watching Me : "HA! It's funny because the girl is a stalker and follows her teacher all the time."

R.O.D: Read or Die/Read a Book : "HA! It's funny because she really likes reading."

Ranma 1/2/Around the World : "HA! It's funny because that guy has a horrible sense of direction and travels for miles on end even if he's trying to go somewhere close by."

Porco Rosso/Talespin Theme : "HA! It's funny because they are both animal people flying planes."

Astro Fighter Sunred/Dayman : "HA! It's funny because that guy has like powers and named Sunred and Sun is like Day but he's sorta oft-kilter just like the show the song is from."

Dragon Ball/Mr. Tambourine Man : "HA! It's funny because that monster's name is Tambourine."

Death Note/Rebel L : "HA! It's funny because his name is L and he gets on that guy's nerves sometimes."

After the second "HA! It's Funny because..." I stopped reading. Way to annoying. But that's a Family Guy reference for ya.

Calvin3
04-10-2011, 12:19 AM
there are quite a few inside jokes, but there is one that I just can't get

Raichu - Love Song

Backmask
04-10-2011, 12:24 AM
there are quite a few inside jokes, but there is one that I just can't get

Raichu - Love Song

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/177263_12Jun10_nqp0o8z9vjbpixkeuoy1fdwfo1_500.png
Write you, in terms of the song, and Raichu are pronounced identically.

Calvin3
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/177263_12Jun10_nqp0o8z9vjbpixkeuoy1fdwfo1_500.png
Write you, in terms of the song, and Raichu are pronounced identically.

*Face Palm*

OOoooh Why did I not see that before!?

haha, well thanks for letting me know that one
(One less inside joke to worry aboot)

SarcotarascusN
04-11-2011, 01:40 AM
The "love song" clip also has a moment where the guy in the hovercraft snatches the pokemon with a clasp, and Sara sings "hard on me". I think that might have been intentional, also, and I originally thought that was the entire pun.

Stevie
04-11-2011, 03:35 AM
How about FF7: Advent Children/Material Girl. The woman (Yuffie) is holding Materia, which is close to the word Material. You can almost hear her saying it.

The same goes for Ghost in the Shell/Material Girl. The woman (Mikoto) is a cyborg living in a futuristic, robot-inhabited world.

Speedlemon
04-11-2011, 05:13 AM
The yugioh thing matching up with k-on was actually just coincidence, I dont even know who made the k-on video but kudos for making amv hell 5 33.33 repeating of course percent more awesome

Speedlemon
04-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Deathnote/ Princess and the frog: Light actually has friends on the other side, the shinagamis

Epic song

Sir Fluffykins
06-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I was surprised by Princess & the Frog, great animation, really funny and great songs, plus those Shadows freaked me right the f**k out and I'm 26!

You know there's a Heavy Metal Unicorn Attack by the same guy who did the Robot Unicorn Attack, using the song "Battlefield" by Blind Guardian

Pity no one felt the need to parody that one ;)

xIsamuTM
06-06-2011, 08:58 PM
The Eva/Maxx clip i submitted is an old in-joke for the WZOM Productions staff. Started with the founding members leaving random sound bites on each others answering machines (that's what we used to call voice mail in the 90's)

zeta986
06-07-2011, 05:17 AM
enjoy my AMV :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9QGb5RjDDI

Sir Fluffykins
06-07-2011, 05:51 AM
The "love song" clip also has a moment where the guy in the hovercraft snatches the pokemon with a clasp, and Sara sings "hard on me". I think that might have been intentional, also, and I originally thought that was the entire pun.

Who's Sara and when does she sing "Hard on me"? I thought the pun of that clip was that the pokemon was a Raichu and the song goes "I'm not gonna write you (sounds like Raichu) a love song, cause you asked for it"

SarcotarascusN
06-07-2011, 07:33 AM
^Sara is Sara Bareilles, who wrote and performed the song used in the clip. And yes, "Raichu" is the main pun (I was mistaken). But you can hear her sing "you mean well, but you make this HAAAARD onnnn me", and the robotic arm grasps the animal as soon as she sings the word "hard". I may be reading into this too much, but SSG's AMVs are pretty detailed, so I have a hunch it's intentional.

Also, I don't think it's a terrible clip, even considering the fact that I dislike Pokemon. It's a bad pun, but perhaps I have a weakness for those, since it made me chuckle. And it's well-edited.

In fact, the only clip in 5 that I really cannot stand is the "Kimbo Slice" one. Perhaps its just because I don't know much about Street Fighter, but it always seems too long and humorless. And the fact that I don't like Pokemon probably contributes, also. Ah well.