does Windwaker count as an anime?

animemental1
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
My Top 5 (changed since last time)

1. Golden Boy - E.T.
2. Halo: Legends - Family Guy
3. Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin - Spoon VS Spoon
4. Sound of the Skies - Sonic the Hedgehog
5. School Rumble - Shot Through the Heart (x3)

Honorable Mentions: Desert Punk - Good Morning & High School of the Dead - G Gundam

Evileel
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Was hard to choose between #1 and #2, but here is my Top 5:

School Rumble - Round round round baby
Lucky Star - Live to Win at MMORPGs
Dragon's balls - Do I look alright?
Sound of the Skies - Five Pointed Palm Heart Exploding technique
Golden Boy - Flying with a bike

Chewi105
01-01-2011, 10:15 PM
btw, are the top clips in each episode gonna be featurd in ""Beast of AMV Minis Season 1" or something?

kapparomeo
01-02-2011, 12:35 AM
does Windwaker count as an anime?

It's a Japanese videogame, which is close enough.

Normally I limit myself to voting for four clips, but because this video was longer than usual I've also cast a wider net. As always, I've ignored my own clips:

School Rumble - Spinning Around

It might have been prolonged longer than necessary (I think that it should have stopped by the time clips started running in reverse), but it was a fun, light-hearted arrival into a new Mini episode made in the right spirit, good for an introductory showcase.

School Rumble - Bon Jovi Gags

My favourite of these was the middle one, set to "You Give Love a Bad Name" - the girl's lip-syncing was a nice touch, as her sly shrug suited the rolling lyrics at that point as well.

Goldenboy - ET

Simple but striking, it was a well-placed spoof. There's little to say about this clip but that's because the lampoonery was dead on the mark, identifying a black undertone without being hammeringly blunt about it - a nudge and a wink, rather than noisy browbeating. I might make a technical criticism in that the screeching record-player cut should have been overlaid the last beats of the music, the fade-out to quietness was too obvious.

Desert Punk - Good Morning

This tale of going postal had decent editing, and the shattering logo at the end was pleasing attention to detail.

These are my Nobel Masters - Dr Octogonapus

Gleefully surreal, with the living-room setting only making it more daft! It's amazing that parallels can still be found to audio that is so bizarre - the editor has a good eye.

Windwaker - Triangle

Similarly to the previous choice, this clip was brief but I enjoyed the conceit behind it. Again, the parallel must have been difficult to find, particularly with the jingle accompanying the flash of light at the end.

Occult Academy - Spoon vs. Spoon

I'm fond of both anime and audio, so I'm a little embarrassed that this didn't occur to me...! Really, this clip should have been the final entry in the video as opposed to "Lucky Star - Live to Win", as it had a better sense of finality to close out a season as well as a video.

stinkyfranki
01-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Golden Boy - ET clip, funniest thing ever. And the Karin one always makes me laugh just because it's the same exact video as Hosokawa's signature.

hosokawa37
01-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Golden Boy - ET clip, funniest thing ever. And the Karin one always makes me laugh just because it's the same exact video as Hosokawa's signature.

Yet, I did not make that skit lol.

Trilobiteer
01-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Top three for me:
1. They are my Nobel Masters - Dr. Octagonapus
2. Halo: Legends - Family Guy
3. School Rumble - You Spin me Right Round

Outlaw
01-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Dragon Ball Z - Kung Pow was brilliant.

stinkyfranki
01-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Yet, I did not make that skit lol.
But maybe they were just staring at your signature one day and got the idea! You never know, you might be partially responsible!

SLAYER NEXUS
01-05-2011, 07:59 AM
But maybe they were just staring at your signature one day and got the idea! You never know, you might be partially responsible!

The funny thing about that is it's absolutely true. I saw that and an idea just popped in there.

stinkyfranki
01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
The funny thing about that is it's absolutely true. I saw that and an idea just popped in there.
oh man! that's weird because before even looking at the credits i was totally thinking that it seemed a lot like an amv you would make!

Also...

Creator: Hosokawa37
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Audio: Disturbed - Indestructible
lol, you WOULD be the person who made the only Disturbed amv!

hosokawa37
01-06-2011, 12:39 AM
lol, you WOULD be the person who made the only Disturbed amv!

Of course lol. u should have seen how many short entries I made that have Disturbed xD

i can do more than just disturbed. so far, for the short entires, there are more non-disturbed entires than disturbed entries lol.