Shibbidah
04-05-2011, 04:40 AM
So a few days ago, I dropped my laptop while carrying it to another room. The screen was dark and it was still mostly usable, it just looked like a busted backlight, so I put it up until I could get it fixed. Today I figured that I would take another look at it and when I turned it on, I could make out a message that said something like "windows could not start up properly and system recovery is attempting to solve the problem" or something like that, followed shortly by a message like "windows could not automatically fix the problem". So, I'm mostly wondering just how screwed I am. Pretty much my whole life is on that thing and I REALLY don't want to have to get a new one. Also if anyone knows any ways that I could fix it myself, if that's even possible, that would be greatly appreciated.

MADEVIL
04-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Do you have the mean of pulling the drive out and hooking it up to another computer to at least back up your data? I've replaced a lot of screens for friends on laptops its not to bad to do, 10-20 minutes depending on the laptop.

Bakagami
04-05-2011, 05:39 AM
External.... monitor?

Guthix
04-05-2011, 06:35 AM
my friend said he managed to link his pc with the tv you could try that,and yes that message is realy bad, one of my pc's had it and i wasnt aBle to revive it,if youve set a recovery point try recovering.

XelaisPWN
04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
External.... monitor?

I have a feeling that

"windows could not start up properly and system recovery is attempting to solve the problem" or something like that, followed shortly by a message like "windows could not automatically fix the problem".

Is unrelated to the monitor/backlight/whatever. :\

Shib, this might be the wrong place to ask. While someone like RBR might be able to help you out here, I think you might be better off finding a techie forum. :P