Gentle Dementia
09-13-2011, 02:39 AM
I made a few entries, one got accepted the other two didn't. I don't resent this because I understand why, the videos were only really funny if you had a lot of the same interests and experiences as I did, So after making this one I felt I should run it by the general public.
Do you guys find this funny?

-

To be honest I'm leaning towards 'No' myself.

jeremyhac
09-13-2011, 02:42 AM
I don't get the joke here so nope. Sorry.

N.P.C.C.
09-13-2011, 02:48 AM
I've seen this anime but really don't get what you were going for here.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
09-13-2011, 08:07 PM
It's a good punchline. It's missing a setup, methinks...

jinzo64
09-13-2011, 09:49 PM
sorry i don't get it.
i guess it works if you've seen the anime

CelticFoxx
09-14-2011, 05:53 PM
一The audio was just too quick and cut odd, i couldn't make out what it was saying at first
ニthe way it zoomed out on the person was good, but when it comes down to it, if someone has not seen the anime, they could think it was an ice statue, i feel that ice ice baby would have been better of an audio source with it because of the way the person looks and thus relaying a different joke better that a bit more people would get.
三to contradict my first statement of thinking the zoom out was good, (i would say its more of a movie intro to a new villain) but in reality i don't think that will give the joke the umph it needs. you could always have someone being killed by this person while it says the skin of a killer...
at least that's what i think, and of course it needs to be extended a bit because Zarxrax uses a 2 second switch so you would have it cut at the "kille" part

Gentle Dementia
09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
一The audio was just too quick and cut odd, i couldn't make out what it was saying at first
ニthe way it zoomed out on the person was good, but when it comes down to it, if someone has not seen the anime, they could think it was an ice statue, i feel that ice ice baby would have been better of an audio source with it because of the way the person looks and thus relaying a different joke better that a bit more people would get.
三to contradict my first statement of thinking the zoom out was good, (i would say its more of a movie intro to a new villain) but in reality i don't think that will give the joke the umph it needs. you could always have someone being killed by this person while it says the skin of a killer...
at least that's what i think, and of course it needs to be extended a bit because Zarxrax uses a 2 second switch so you would have it cut at the "killer" part

Thanks for the extensive critique, I see what you're saying, but think I'm just going to scrap it, I don't like the sound clip, when I first heard about that line I assumed he would be yelling it all dramatically, but the actual delivery curtails a lot of the potential uses for it.
... actually, I kinda just had an Idea, I'll see how it turns out.

bonehimer
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Mr. Gentle Dementia, what you've just edited is one of the most insanely ****ty things I have ever seen. At no point in your crappy, incoherent video were you even close to anything that could be considered an AMV. Everyone in this thread is now a poorer editor for having watched your vid. I award you no points, and may Tezuka have mercy on your soul.

thedarkmessenger
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
^there's no need for you to be an asshole about it, asshole >_<

jeremyhac
09-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Mr. Gentle Dementia, what you've just edited is one of the most insanely ****ty things I have ever seen. At no point in your crappy, incoherent video were you even close to anything that could be considered an AMV. Everyone in this thread is now a poorer editor for having watched your vid. I award you no points, and may Tezuka have mercy on your soul.

So much win.

jinzo64
09-14-2011, 10:54 PM

my reeding,writing,spilling and grammer skills went down hill after reeding that

humnut
09-14-2011, 11:04 PM

Don't be a dick. The video was bad, however I'd like to see something YOU have done. And the video is not the worst thing ever, I've seen and made much worse clips. All the video needs is a setup, that will make it funny, if done right. So lay off the insults.

LawRayLiet
09-14-2011, 11:29 PM

Happy Gilmore

Awesome XD

He's just over exaggerating for the sake of lulz.
Don't take it personal Gentle Dementia.
Although, this was pretty bad.
But then again, you already said that you thought so yourself.
But I still look forward to seeing one of your better ones in an upcoming episode.

thedarkmessenger
09-14-2011, 11:40 PM
He's just over exaggerating for the sake of lulz.

Protip: Sarcasm doesn't convey well over the internet.

Gentle Dementia
09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Well that was an intriguing little flurry...
What/Who is Tezuka?

mattroks101
10-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Lame, but still better than most of my AMVs >_> Oh and I'm not sure if I should laugh at Bone or cry at him.

Gentle Dementia
10-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, to be honest I put no effort into the actual video, I mostly just wanted to know if people got the joke, that didn't really go through with the original post and I felt that going back and saying "No guys, I meant it to be ****ty" was a little silly.

blades34AK
12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Saw it but out of curiousity what audio did you get that from? I only saw a few eps. of Speed Grapher so I was lost at that part.

Guthix
12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
no just no