Diddlemuffins
11-17-2011, 01:21 AM
I trust UnderwaterCommunist's (or whatever they're called (the guys with the colored text)), but he/they don't have translation notes for important details and there are some questionable lines from what I've watched. I was wondering if anyone knew a good dub or a v2 that might not be as well known.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I accidentally wrote dub, I meant sub.

Arock
11-17-2011, 01:21 AM
horriblesubs does a good one

Darthelm
11-17-2011, 01:45 AM
and besides you need to watch animes subed not dubbed over. That is the true way to watch any anime.

hatz300
11-17-2011, 01:47 AM
I will dub all the voices myself!!!!!! It will be a masterpiece in the art of dubbing! and i will have it subbed too to appease darth (yeah yeah, i know, you still want the foreign voices but too bad!)

Darthelm
11-17-2011, 01:49 AM
lol

hatz300
11-17-2011, 01:54 AM
we should do a joke dub someday where all the girls have man voices and all the guys also have man voices because i haven't seen baka or bambi in awhile and i don't know if there are any other females (other than squinty who i also haven't seen in awhile)

Diddlemuffins
11-17-2011, 01:57 AM
I will dub all the voices myself!!!!!! It will be a masterpiece in the art of dubbing! and i will have it subbed too to appease darth (yeah yeah, i know, you still want the foreign voices but too bad!)

I'm sure they exist, but I've never seen anyone put together an unofficial dub of a series. That would be so amazing considering how bad the choices the official people make and what great unrecognized voice-actors there are out there. I can't imagine what a pain trying to sync it would be though.

hatz300
11-17-2011, 02:01 AM
it'll be easy! I'll just recruit someone else to do it! problem solved! in other news . . . hey darth wanna do something super fun that involves synching voices to anime? . . .

mattroks101
11-17-2011, 02:08 AM
we should do a joke dub someday where all the girls have man voices and all the guys also have man voices because i haven't seen baka or bambi in awhile and i don't know if there are any other females (other than squinty who i also haven't seen in awhile)

I sense a Nichijou abridged series O_o

hatz300
11-17-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't have the skill, nor the footage, nor the voice to do such a thing

XelaisPWN
11-17-2011, 02:52 AM
Looks like there's a new Panda in town. xD

No, guys, I don't think there's even a dub for it yet... Bandai has licensed it but I don't think they've done anything with it yet. :P

As for a sub (what he's REALLY asking for. xD) Coalgirls did one. Not sure where I found it- don't even know how good it is, I haven't gotten around to watching it- but I have it. You could go looking for that?

EDIT there IS such thing as a fandub. They're awful. Don't even bother looking for them. Doubt there's one for Nichijou anyway.

Diddlemuffins
11-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Looks like there's a new Panda in town. xD

No, guys, I don't think there's even a dub for it yet... Bandai has licensed it but I don't think they've done anything with it yet. :P

As for a sub (what he's REALLY asking for. xD) Coalgirls did one. Not sure where I found it- don't even know how good it is, I haven't gotten around to watching it- but I have it. You could go looking for that?

EDIT there IS such thing as a fandub. They're awful. Don't even bother looking for them. Doubt there's one for Nichijou anyway.

Thanks, I'm downloading it now. I guess I should have figured about the dubbing thing with all the crappy abridged series videos I've seen. There was this one time I saw some people decided to do a scene from Umineko no Naku Koro ni though, and it was pretty nice.

ThePsychoGamer
11-17-2011, 04:37 AM
and besides you need to watch animes subed not dubbed over. That is the true way to watch any anime.

Not true

Case and point: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, the English dub was far better then the subs

XelaisPWN
11-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Not true

Case and point: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, the English dub was far better then the subs

Nah, the original japanese was actually just as good.

...that is, if you don't speak english.

Diddlemuffins
11-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Nah, the original japanese was actually just as good.

...that is, if you don't speak english.

I watched Cromartie High School in English and I loved the voice-acting. I checked the Japanese dub later and it didn't sound as funny. I don't speak Japanese so I can't really judge how they emphasize things and whatnot, but I generally like the original better (not that that's very surprising considering the quality the dubs tend to be).

I checked Nichijou by the way. I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end or the file, but it tends to play for the first few minutes and then it goes back to the beginning with no audio. Trying to find a place is also really weird. I haven't had much luck in the past with VLC files though.

XelaisPWN
11-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Mm, I've had problems with VLC doing that in the past.

Check out SMplayer.

As for Beck's dub, I was joking. xD If you haven't seen Beck, it has characters that are from America. I.e., they speak Japanese and English. But if you're a native english speaker, you can tell the english is totally mangled. It really hurts the show. The voice acting is just fine, otherwise, but the second you hear someone speaking in slurred, unnatural engrish it totally takes you out.

Diddlemuffins
11-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Mm, I've had problems with VLC doing that in the past.

Check out SMplayer.

As for Beck's dub, I was joking. xD If you haven't seen Beck, it has characters that are from America. I.e., they speak Japanese and English. But if you're a native english speaker, you can tell the english is totally mangled. It really hurts the show. The voice acting is just fine, otherwise, but the second you hear someone speaking in slurred, unnatural engrish it totally takes you out.

Thanks man, works like a charm.

XelaisPWN
11-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Not a problem! Anytime!